Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Xia & Dr Li (Beijing China) Institute of External Fixation Technology  (Read 86947 times)

Body Builder

Was a good place,now is ridiculously expensive, for people like me there even less options than before.
From the moment you can do externals with respectable doctors like Catagni in western countries or at least not third world countries for not crazy amounts of money, doctors from China are not an option for any sensible future LL.
Moreover when they have prices like these, they are a joke.

onemorefoot

I wonder if there people Who agree to waste their money, when they can get more affordable prices with good doctors.
Budget will determine my future.

YESHUAIGE

• Visitor
Re: Dr Xia & Dr Li (Beijing China) Institute of External Fixation Technology
« Reply #126 on: April 05, 2018, 07:03:35 AM »

Hello everyone,

I’m a Chinese man who consider to do LL in future. Please forgive me for some grammar mistakes.
I saw some people think to do LL in Dr.Xia’s hospital, unfortunately I have some bad for you guys.
Dr.Xia this man,actually he is not a “doctor”. He has not any college or university degree, and he actually has no right to work as a doctor in china,even work as a traditional Chinese doctor.  I cannot find his name on National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China(this agent is collect all the doctor's name and occupation of China,If there has no date for some doctor like Dr.xia,It's illegal to work as a doctor)
I also know so many Chinese people was failed form the surgery of Dr.xia,perhaps the famous one is“fenhongbaobao”-the beautiful lady who had accpected this surgery form Xia,and she had used wheelchair for 2 years.
I really don not want things like this appear more, And I plan do LL in America or Europe. ;)

myloginacct

« Reply #127 on: April 05, 2018, 02:32:59 PM »

Hello everyone,

I’m a Chinese man who consider to do LL in future. Please forgive me for some grammar mistakes.
I saw some people think to do LL in Dr.Xia’s hospital, unfortunately I have some bad for you guys.
Dr.Xia this man,actually he is not a “doctor”. He has not any college or university degree, and he actually has no right to work as a doctor in china,even work as a traditional Chinese doctor.  I cannot find his name on National Health Commission of the People’s Republic of China(this agent is collect all the doctor's name and occupation of China,If there has no date for some doctor like Dr.xia,It's illegal to work as a doctor)
I also know so many Chinese people was failed form the surgery of Dr.xia,perhaps the famous one is“fenhongbaobao”-the beautiful lady who had accpected this surgery form Xia,and she had used wheelchair for 2 years.
I really don not want things like this appear more, And I plan do LL in America or Europe. ;)

Thank you for the information, YESHUAIGE.

myloginacct

« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2018, 01:12:02 AM »

Also, it's really sad to hear about such a tragic case like that - just that we didn't know about. Even worse, it involved a woman again. Other than the LLer many here assume to be dead, weren't the rest of all of our most tragic CLL cases with women patients?

YESHUAIGE

• Visitor
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2018, 04:47:54 AM »

Hello myloginacct,

I‘m so happy for you reply me!And I’m sorry for let you to heard a terrible thing like this.
But I think everyone who want to do LL should know that.
Maybe Dr. Mahboubian  is a nice choice :)

lostwing1993

« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2018, 07:11:37 AM »

im chinese,I dont sure dr.xia Technology,but fenhongbaobao is failed by baihonglong,u can search her Sina-Weibo

CantDecide

• Visitor
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2019, 09:42:50 PM »

Hello everyone!  :)

I contacted http://www.leg-lengthening.com/ asking about Dr. Aimin Peng personally but I got a reply saying that it is actually Dr. Xia who does the operation.

Anyways, here is the message:

"yes, you are eligible for LL surgery if that is what you really want !

A great news, for a limited time from 1 September 2018 to 31 May 2019, the package price is adjusted to USD30,000 for 1 to 8 cm lengthening. We require a deposit of USD 5,000 to be paid first to secure a place and a surgery with Dr Xia He-Tao in Kunming Orthopaedic Hospital.

In regard to the lengthening surgery, we usually lengthen the tibiae for cosmetic purposes, as most of people with short stature have relatively short tibiae, and the lengthening of tibiae will make them look more even.  The surgery on tibiae is also relatively easy and risk free comparing to femurs (as there are a lot of muscles around it and special cares are needed to keep the patients comfortable during the lengthening).  In most of cases, 8-10 (3-4 inches) cm tibial lengthening is sufficient to satisfy the needs.

The time for hospitalization would be around 3-4 months for 5-8 cm lengthening depending on your body's recovery ability.  The new method of osteotomy has eliminated potential risk of non-union or poor bone formation, we have performed more than 100 cases, all are successful.  After the planned lengthening (e.g. 8 cm) is achieved, the external fixator will be removed and at the same time your leg will be fixed by the internal fixator (intramedullary nail) through locking screws.  A few weeks after the second surgery, you can return to work and be discharged from the hospital.  At early stage of the first surgery and during the lengthening, you will need working aid to walk, but once the lengthening is finished and external fixator removed, then you can work free, but you don’t do competitive sport for the next 12 months to allow bone to fully recover.  You can go back to normal life with the internal nails for approx. 1 year, and then you may remove the nails (this is a simple procedure and you only need to stay in hospital for around 10 days after the nails being taken out).  Added together, the total time needed for completion of the entire treatment would be around 12-16 months, but you can go back to work or normal life after 4-6 months, and resume full sport activities after 24 months.

There will be some scars along the pin tracts, which can be removed after the procedure if necessary by cosmetic surgery.  We could do so at a cost of about USD2,500 for removing all the major scars at the time of removing the intramedullary nails on both legs.  As far as the long term side effect is concerned, we did not predict any if the procedure is done correctly, as this is just like a fracture repair by tissue regeneration, we create a situation that stimulates your own growth potentials which has ceased early, so that we consider the LL procedure is a natural process, hence with less harmful consequences anticipated.

The cost of our service package is USD 30,000 includes a (up to) 1-8 cm lengthening on both tibiae or femurs, the costs include two surgeries (the first surgery to put external frame and nails and 2nd surgery for removing the external frame), 3-weeks hospital stay for the first surgery and 2 weeks hospital stay for the 2 nd surgery.  The patient has to pay extra for staying in the hospital in between the two surgeries and the meals are at their own costs (the total additional costs shall be less than USD3,000, we have reduce the package cost of to USD30,000 from the original USD40,000 to give the patient choice to pay themselves for staying in hospital or local hotel).If any complication occurs during the procedure while you are in our hospital, we guarantee to treat it free of charge till the complication is completely settled.

How to pay:

The package price (e.g. USD30,000 ) needs to be paid in two installments.  First you need to pay a deposit of USD5,000 (non-refundable once paid this) to secure a place; then at your arrival in Kunming, you need to pay the rest of USD25,000 at the time of admission.  Payment can be done in cash or bank transfer.  No credit card payment or personal check is accepted at present.  We can send you our bank details for you to set up a bank transfer arrangement with your home banks and you can transfer the fund once you are in Kunming, just before the surgery.

Our surgery team is headed and performed in person by Dr. Xia He-Tao, who is a very experienced orthopaedic surgeon specialized in leg lengthening cosmetic surgery, has carried out more than 1,000 cosmetic leg lengthening procedure with great success. We will explain everything clearly to patients, and we will sign an agreement with patient to clearly outline the responsibilities and risks of each party.

Summary of our clinical experience

Till now, we have performed leg lengthening surgery for more than 2,000 plus cases. Patients were from USA, Italy, Canada, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan and all over China. Most of the patients are suffers of short stature and 80% of the patients have postgraduate degrees, aged between 14-52 years, (average age: 22.6 years). The height before surgery was between 117-175 cm (average 152 cm); the average increased height was 8.6 cm (3-33 cm). Among the patients, there are three cases of serious complications, bone nonunion 2 cases (1 case was caused by fast lengthening rate; another was due to diet problem, lack of nutrition), ankle joint deformity 1 case (the patient was 52 years old and has other medical conditions). All the three cases were treated by secondary surgery with satisfactory outcomes. Overall, 99% of the patients were very satisfied with the outcome of their treatment. At present, serious complications such as bone nonunion have been completely avoided by using Xia's leg-lengthening technique, only minor complications such as mild pinhole infection (in less than 0.5% patients) are occasionally seen and are dealt with easily.

It is not necessary to have a pre-surgery consultation and checks, as we can do this one go before the surgery when you are here in our hospital.  Please check if you meet the conditions for cosmetic leg lengthening on our website: http://www.leg-lengthening.com/advice.html and if you are, then you can decide a time and book your flight and let me know in 2-3 weeks advance, then we can arrange your hospitalization and treatment accordingly, we can also assist with your visa application and arrange your airport pickup (these are all included in the price of the package).   Of course, you can visit our hospital in Kunming first, to see in your own eyes and then decide from there.  Please let me know if you need more information.

For Chinese visa, please go to nearest Chinese embassy to apply for a tourist visa, and it is easy to get and you can stay for up to 3 months.  Once you are in China, we can help to extend the visa for you if needed.  Once you got the visa and booked the flight, please let me know so that we can arrange airport pickup, your hospital stay and surgery time accordingly.

Many interesting patients would always request to have one to one telephone consultation or speak to our in-patient.  Although we understand your feeling and concern, but it is not possible for us to give telephone consultation due to medical legal reason, and we have signed contract with every single patient that we are not in a position to dishcloth patient’s private information, let alone to allow strangers to talk to our patients.  We have tried our best to address the frequently asked questions and these can be found at our website under FAQs and Answers at: http://www.leg-lengthening.com/faq.html

If you are still unsure and want to have a private visit prior to making up your mind, then you are welcome to visit our hospital for a one to one consultation with Dr. Xia and see the hospital facilities, and you may have a chance to talk to the patients in our hospital there.  For such visit, the cost is USD1,000 including consultation with Dr. Xia Hetiao and guided hospital tour.  If you have decided to come to our hospital for a surgery within 3 months of the consultation, then the fee is refunded from the total package cost.

Don't hesitate to get in touch with me if you need further clarification.

All the best wishes
Dr. Roger Li, MD, PhD

Senior Consultant
Beijing Institute of External Fixation Technology
Kunming Orthopaedic Hospital
www.leg-lengthening.com "
A little birdie stuck in the desert.

jievince3

« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2019, 12:38:37 AM »

As Chinese, please don't find Dr.Xia, he is a bad doctor.

CantDecide

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: April 16, 2019, 09:13:58 AM »

:( I've been reading about him. Would you consider someone in China in particular?

epikness

CantDecide

• Visitor
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2019, 09:58:16 AM »

Omg! This is so sad.  :(
Thanks for sharing the article, Epikness!

wannagrowtaller

Why the hell someone would like to go to this mess? 100% guarantee you will end up cripple.
Go for it

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #137 on: April 04, 2021, 05:44:34 AM »

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1529586/Why-little-Miss-Li-paid-a-man-1600-to-break-her-legs.html

I wouldn't trust that man to keep a dollar, let alone my legs.

That wasn't Dr. Xia.  Read the article again if you can get past that awful paywall.  The only reason he is mentioned in this article is that Little Miss Li went to him for treatment after-the-fact.

Serilium

« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2021, 11:37:04 PM »

F**k that paywall

https://archive.ph/M9Do6

Highest

« Reply #139 on: April 11, 2021, 06:46:58 AM »

Dr Xia was always spoken of very highly in all the old forum diaries, what has changed exactly?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #140 on: April 11, 2021, 03:44:05 PM »

Dr Xia was always spoken of very highly in all the old forum diaries, what has changed exactly?

Several reasons, probably.

LL is now illegal in China but he does it anyway, after moving out of the capital and to a second-tier city. He might not have access to good facilities or equipment anymore.

He may be getting too old to do the surgery properly.  Even when I was there he was an old figurehead who either just oversaw or wasn't even in the OR at all.  Drs. Li, Peng, or Ma did all the work.

Very few people go to him anymore, so even one negative comment might be the only one posted about him over a long period of time.

RealLostSoul

« Reply #141 on: April 27, 2021, 01:51:46 PM »

Several reasons, probably.

LL is now illegal in China but he does it anyway, after moving out of the capital and to a second-tier city. He might not have access to good facilities or equipment anymore.

He may be getting too old to do the surgery properly.  Even when I was there he was an old figurehead who either just oversaw or wasn't even in the OR at all.  Drs. Li, Peng, or Ma did all the work.

Very few people go to him anymore, so even one negative comment might be the only one posted about him over a long period of time.

Woah why is LL banned in china? It‘s not like lobotomy lol.

How old is this Dr now?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #142 on: April 27, 2021, 05:10:00 PM »

Dr. Xia is so old now; probably in his mid-80s.  I can't imagine he's even operating anymore.  It's probably an usderstudy doiing the actual work under his supervision.

I think it was banned for two reasons: one, lots of unqualified doctors, some who weren't even actual doctors, were crippling people.  The clinic treated several botched domestic patients just while I was there, and that was a few years after the government started regulating it more.  He was like their Paley.  Two: eugenics.

c

我是中国人 他做坏多少人我们很清楚 虽然所谓的成功过几个那也只是没出大问题

c

夏技术很垃圾 但红粉宝宝是白鹤龙做的
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up