Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71453 times)

E Z

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #310 on: August 13, 2020, 08:14:03 AM »

Sent you a PM movie.

averagegirl

• Visitor
« Reply #311 on: August 15, 2020, 06:30:12 PM »

Hi Movie. Your journey is really impressive!
I was just wondering whether you did PT all by yourself or if you had a professional physiotherapist to help you do your stretches?

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #312 on: August 19, 2020, 07:05:53 AM »

Movie I am almost certain 95% your knee pain is caused by the rods. Once you get them removed, things become much better. Make sure to remove when x-rays show perfect callus, the timing isn't crucial as to when you remove as you probably know already. Don't be like programdude and break his femur in half because he chose to remove early.

Your knee pain will go away. Then there's essentially no competition on who will declare you officially the best result on this entire forum.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Movie

« Reply #313 on: August 19, 2020, 07:52:02 AM »

I'm certain my lingering pains will go away once my rods are removed too, It's been 48 hours now without any pain medications and I still have minor discomfort in my right knee which is the problem knee but nothing major now. Dr. Mahboubian said my bones were already strong enough to remove since March, he just wanted my bones to shape a bit more, so he's certain I'm ready for rod removal and so am I! I'll be going with Giotikas either late this year or early 2021
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #314 on: August 20, 2020, 06:12:00 PM »

Hey Movie,  I read your whole paper. I don’t know how often you exercise but concerning your knee pain, it may be the cause of excessive training with heavy loads. When I see the masses that you carry in squat. Less than a year before the operation, I tell myself that it is a little dangerous.

BetzLandLiberator

« Reply #315 on: August 20, 2020, 08:23:12 PM »

He said that at a year post op my body is still adjusting to the new height that around the 2 year mark is about where everything settles in for the most part.

He is right. I was 100% only 2 years after my surgery and when I removed my nails (surgery Jan 2012, nail removal Dec 2013).

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2020, 11:12:15 PM »

I'm certain my lingering pains will go away once my rods are removed too, It's been 48 hours now without any pain medications and I still have minor discomfort in my right knee which is the problem knee but nothing major now. Dr. Mahboubian said my bones were already strong enough to remove since March, he just wanted my bones to shape a bit more, so he's certain I'm ready for rod removal and so am I! I'll be going with Giotikas either late this year or early 2021

Hey Movie,
Have you done some research that removal with Dr. Giotikas works well?

Thanks,
SNC
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0

Movie

« Reply #317 on: August 21, 2020, 01:43:42 AM »

@wyrmhero: it could've been, it could have not as I had been squatting with weight for months at that point. I didn't start equating with heavy weight until I felt confident I could do it and my bones were consolidated already, so I personally didn't think it was dangerous.

@BetzLandLiberator: nice man! hoping for the same outcome

@SNC: Not yet, I scheduled a 15 minute consultation via Skype with him for this monday coming up, we'll see I'm sure it'll be possible and don't foresee any issues
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

brondo

« Reply #318 on: August 29, 2020, 02:22:02 PM »

Hey Movie!

I'm new to this site and your posts inspire me man! I'm 5'6'' looking to be at least 5'8'' and I'm seriously contemplating getting this surgery done, but I'm totally scared about messing up my legs and going into debt. How has this whole journey been for you now that it's been a year? Is it worth it? Any complications or anything wrong with your legs/movement? I was hoping you could give us a video detailing how to go about this whole process and any tips on how to be successful at it.

Thanks,
-Brondo

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2020, 05:48:28 AM »

Hello movie, I found something that might be useful'

Knee pain with antegrade(how Dr. M does it) femoral intramedullary nails, in which the distal end is covered by the bone, can be caused by the locking screws impinging with the soft tissues and the iliotibial band

https://online.boneandjoint.org.uk/doi/full/10.1302/0301-620X.88B5.16875#:~:text=Knee%20pain%20with%20antegrade%20femoral,patella%20or%20the%20tibial%20plateau.

I think it is safe to say after nail removal you will recover amazingly and lose that knee pain. Happy 4 u movie

User requested self-ban.

precice strider

« Reply #320 on: August 30, 2020, 06:28:45 AM »

I noticed with Dr. Rozbruch's x-rays the screws stuck out very little.

Do Dr. Paley and Dr. Rozbruch use better methods?
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #321 on: August 30, 2020, 07:34:12 AM »

If the screw end does not stick out through the opposite end of the bone, the screw and thus the rod can drift away from intended position easier, and good risk of this before consolidation. Structural support

User requested self-ban.

Movie

« Reply #322 on: August 30, 2020, 08:56:53 AM »

interesting find ghkid, thankfully haven't had any significant knee pain anymore since about two weeks ago, but yes I hear a lot of Vets say after nail removal all lingering pains went away, can't wait for that day.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

BoneStretching

« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2020, 06:50:40 AM »

Movie, I got that pain again, accept now in the right leg. wild stuff... Not as bad today.

Movie

« Reply #324 on: August 31, 2020, 07:55:45 AM »

Movie, I got that pain again, accept now in the right leg. wild stuff... Not as bad today.

Haha yes the pain shifted to my other leg too but only lasted a few days, I'm good now thank god.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

brondo

« Reply #325 on: September 04, 2020, 09:50:07 PM »

Hi Movie,

Hope everything with you is going well. I have a question about your squats with the barbell. Are you able to go down lower now with your squats or is that still an issue with balance?

-brondo

precice strider

« Reply #326 on: September 07, 2020, 07:29:30 AM »

Any detailed pictures of proportions?
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Movie

« Reply #327 on: September 09, 2020, 08:01:35 AM »

What's up fellas wanted to share this little video of me racing my 13 y/o adolescent friend today, who's a bit out of shape haha. I feel myself lighter on my sprint and with a significantly faster top speed than my previous sprint video in the grass, I probably would've gone faster if I had an opponent who'd actually try and encourage me to go fast as I can lol but anyway! check it out:

https://imgur.com/a/bjlvBKj

right after this I had a bit of left knee pain maybe I shouldn't have ran without shoes. Anyway hope everyone is doing good, wish you guys prosperity and health.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 10:21:17 AM by Movie »
Nails removed 10/06/2021

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #328 on: September 09, 2020, 08:13:48 AM »

That looks rly fast woah. Do you think you'll ever get to your pre op sprinting Movie? Like you feel you'll have that potential, even 90% of pre-op, eventually?

And as always thanks for taking videos, especially in imgur format. Simple and easy and truly a great resource for us Movie

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #329 on: September 10, 2020, 02:49:58 AM »

That sprint looks really good. How close would you say you are to 100% athleticism?

Hagane

« Reply #330 on: September 10, 2020, 05:45:35 PM »

What's up fellas wanted to share this little video of me racing my 13 y/o adolescent friend today, who's a bit out of shape haha. I feel myself lighter on my sprint and with a significantly faster top speed than my previous sprint video in the grass, I probably would've gone faster if I had an opponent who'd actually try and encourage me to go fast as I can lol but anyway! check it out:

https://imgur.com/a/bjlvBKj

right after this I had a bit of left knee pain maybe I shouldn't have ran without shoes. Anyway hope everyone is doing good, wish you guys prosperity and health.

sprints looking GOOD
now imagine it without the nails in :0

Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Movie

« Reply #331 on: September 15, 2020, 07:10:37 AM »

@ghkid2019 thanks bro! I think with hard work and dedication I might be able to get pretty close once the rods are out, I'm not slow by any means right now.
@Brondo thanks bro, I'm not sure I feel like 75% ish
@wannabeidol: Yeah man can't wait till they're out

Today I went with 2 of my good friends to kick the ball around (soccer) and just work on some drills for about an hour and a half, I was surprised my stamina wasn't too bad I was kind of keeping up, but I was the one with the least stamina of us lol. I was running pretty fast on a turf field with my cleats on, I felt great!

my ball control and pass accuracy is a bit different now since my legs are different but I quickly learned my new "normal" and 30-40 minutes in I was controlling and passing the ball accurately as before. Also when I kick the ball now I don't feel a shocking twitch on my quad muscles almost at all, only very few times, I would feel it a lot before, I think it comes from over extending that muscle while you kick the ball (when the leg goes back). I should've got some footage for you guys!
One of those friends who knows about my surgery said I wasn't moving that slow anymore I'm kind of getting up there with the speed, which definitely made me happy. All of this didn't come without any repercussions though, left knee and hip (screw areas) again are in some pain but nothing tylenols can't manage hahah oh well It's well worth the pain. 
Nails removed 10/06/2021

brondo

« Reply #332 on: September 15, 2020, 09:39:19 AM »

@ghkid2019 thanks bro! I think with hard work and dedication I might be able to get pretty close once the rods are out, I'm not slow by any means right now.
@Brondo thanks bro, I'm not sure I feel like 75% ish
@wannabeidol: Yeah man can't wait till they're out

Today I went with 2 of my good friends to kick the ball around (soccer) and just work on some drills for about an hour and a half, I was surprised my stamina wasn't too bad I was kind of keeping up, but I was the one with the least stamina of us lol. I was running pretty fast on a turf field with my cleats on, I felt great!

my ball control and pass accuracy is a bit different now since my legs are different but I quickly learned my new "normal" and 30-40 minutes in I was controlling and passing the ball accurately as before. Also when I kick the ball now I don't feel a shocking twitch on my quad muscles almost at all, only very few times, I would feel it a lot before, I think it comes from over extending that muscle while you kick the ball (when the leg goes back). I should've got some footage for you guys!
One of those friends who knows about my surgery said I wasn't moving that slow anymore I'm kind of getting up there with the speed, which definitely made me happy. All of this didn't come without any repercussions though, left knee and hip (screw areas) again are in some pain but nothing tylenols can't manage hahah oh well It's well worth the pain. 

That's great Movie! Hopefully you can return to 100%. You're a real inspiration here and I'm hoping everything turns out great for you. It would set a great example for what can be done with limb lengthening. Honestly, I'm waiting to see how things turn out for you when you get your nails taken out, so I can save up some cash and go to Dr. Mahboubian when I'm ready in the future. Can't wait to check out your progress in the upcoming months.

-brondo

Hagane

« Reply #333 on: September 15, 2020, 04:34:15 PM »

how the air in LA atm? is it still apocalypse mode?
stay safe bro
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Movie

« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2020, 07:10:48 AM »

today I experienced 10/10 pain, crippling pain, I wanted to cry pain, I regret this surgery pain ... it was so bad I'm still suffering from this pain as we type, my knee and calf muscles are twitching from how much it hurts, not sure where it's coming from or why, I walked a couple miles before it happened. Hopefully it's nothing but a speed bump, but dang. I'm in real pain in my right knee ... again....
Nails removed 10/06/2021

brondo

« Reply #335 on: September 27, 2020, 07:41:11 AM »

Hey Movie,

Take it easy and don't push yourself too much until you get the nails taken out and you've healed properly. Maybe talk to Mahboubian and get some painkillers if it's that bad. Play it smart bro. Rooting for you.

-brondo

adidas

• Visitor
« Reply #336 on: September 27, 2020, 07:44:27 AM »

Hi Movie,

Take good care of yourself. Just want to say life is short. What you did is brave but in a way lonely at certain times. Only those who walk this path will really understand as the legs are yours 24/7. They can only imagine the pain and solitude element in this journey. I still feel it and hard to talk to people who didnt walk this journey. There are days when you will beam with awesome that you did it. There will be times where it is 180. Can only say the bad days too shall pass.

adidas

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #337 on: September 27, 2020, 09:07:58 AM »

today I experienced 10/10 pain, crippling pain, I wanted to cry pain, I regret this surgery pain ... it was so bad I'm still suffering from this pain as we type, my knee and calf muscles are twitching from how much it hurts, not sure where it's coming from or why, I walked a couple miles before it happened. Hopefully it's nothing but a speed bump, but dang. I'm in real pain in my right knee ... again....

Perhaps the screw touched a nerve. This is discouraging :/

User requested self-ban.

brondo

« Reply #338 on: September 27, 2020, 09:53:08 AM »

Have you scheduled getting the nail removal yet?

Bane

« Reply #339 on: September 27, 2020, 06:35:03 PM »

I think your overdoing exercising. While you are in consolidation phase, you still have the Stryde nails inside. I’ve read your posts, you’ve done a lot of excessive exercising, like walk/jog many miles a day, squats with 200+ pound weights, play intensive sports. You should just stay with recommended exercises by your PT and doctor.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2020, 08:49:13 PM by Stryder2021 »

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #340 on: September 27, 2020, 09:44:02 PM »

I think your overdoing exercising. While you are in consolidation phase, you still have the Stryde nails inside. I’ve read your posts, you’ve done a lot of excessive exercising, like walk/jog many miles a day, squats with 200+ pound weights, play intensive sports. You should just stay with recommended exercises by your PT and doctor.

He's far from consolidation phase brotha. He got x-rays in March and they were essentially almost consolidated. He's definitely consolidated by now But yes I agree perhaps he's overdoing it, probably should train hard after rod removal but for now keep it easier. I just suspect it's just a screw hitting a nerve. Rod removal will probably be what Movie needs, obviously in no rush later is better than sooner for things like this. But the hardware is probably causing this stuff

User requested self-ban.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 16   Go Up