Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 71449 times)

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #279 on: June 18, 2020, 12:43:28 AM »

@MyEvolution Really? Thanks man I think I posted a video with my body weight only work out routine after month 6 that really helped me gain a lot of strength and size and I've moved up to weighted squats and weighted exercises pretty much because my legs are getting stronger. As far as the work outs to start running well I'd say a mix of the leg work outs and starting off with jogging, then trying some sprints, consistency is key I can tell how I've gotten faster and lighter on my legs since I've been working out on them and sprinting.

Little update video guys about a week ago I hit a new personal record with weighted squats, I was able to do 200LB! Check it out, also I know I'm not doing good deep squats and that's because as of now I can't, after 8CMs in Femurs it threw off my balance, if I went down lower than I did there, I'd probably fall back on my ass, I'm actually consciously trying to go as low as possible on these.

man movie you look like a badass gangsta. i'd be intimidated on the street by your ass. cheers on going from 167 to 175! one of the best recoveries on the forum, like ever.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

k1erz

« Reply #280 on: June 18, 2020, 02:04:13 AM »

Beautiful results.

Your experience has been a true inspiration and perhaps what I needed to see to decide to finally go ahead.

Just a random question.

Are you able to just walk around all day non-stop like you might have been able to pre-CLL?

I love to travel and walk around big cities. I could walk around London and New York for 6-7 hours straight. Is that something you think you could do 10 months post surgery?

TheAlchemist

« Reply #281 on: June 18, 2020, 03:45:47 AM »

Savage!! Amazing progress and results at 10 months.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

Krazylegz

• Visitor
« Reply #282 on: June 18, 2020, 05:33:26 AM »

Con tus besos me haces sentir bien! 🎶 I fw it movie! Much love from Texas brodie, keep up the great recovery.

BelowTheMean

« Reply #283 on: June 18, 2020, 07:06:11 AM »

Do you think you’ll eventually be able to get your squats lower or is this the lowest it’s going to get? So basically is it a flexibility or a balance issue?
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Movie

« Reply #284 on: June 18, 2020, 07:55:43 AM »

@k1erz: Thank you! appreciate the compliments. Most Definitely at 10 months I can, I went to Paris 6 months post-op and had 6-10-hrs out on foot days and the day I visited the luvre (biggest museum on earth) I visited a few others and I was really tired at the end of the day, I started swaying the way I used to because my hips were exhausted to almost failure lol, so at 10 months post op I'm sure that same walk would be easier.

@Krazylegz: The current banger lol 💯, all Love my g! Thanks bro Will do.

@TheAlchemist: Haha Thanks bro gotta always keep pushing the "limits"

@BelowTheMean: I'll get them lower, I can do very low with bodyweight/ lighter weight like 100Lbs, not a flexibility issue, it's a balance issue and also because with heavier weight you sometimes can't go that low you'll feel like you'll fall back lol

Today I felt great, I realized I'm getting closer to an average or even above average level of leg strength! I did leg day with my dad today and he was struggling with the 200lbs Squats more than me, he'd do 12 reps struggling at the end, I'd do 15 but can probably do more and mind you he's pretty fit, he's 50 years old, 5'7 160-165 pounds but looks built, I'm the smaller version of him in terms of muscle tonality and build in the upper-body, he enjoys the weight lifting work outs, but his real passion is distance running, he always runs a dozen miles every weekend and doesn't skip the LA marathon every year since about 7 years ago, so his legs are pretty strong as well. I also noted he couldn't go that low on the squat either with the heavy weight, we had the same form pretty much, he couldn't go too deep with the heavy weight, but the lighter weight he would, just like me.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

MyEvolution

« Reply #285 on: June 19, 2020, 04:49:52 AM »

Seriously this is very impressive you’re raising the bar! I dont think ive ever met anyone who could run post LL like this is seriously insane

Im gonna set that as a goal now that i know it can be done! Thanks for the inspiration

jayes

• Visitor
« Reply #286 on: June 21, 2020, 03:06:18 AM »

Great job man! What a wonderful recovery.

MyEvolution

« Reply #287 on: June 21, 2020, 05:14:59 PM »

What page is your running prep workout

Rn im doing lots of stairs & jumping squats but running damn like id love to get there

k1erz

« Reply #288 on: June 23, 2020, 07:34:13 PM »

Are you happy with your proportions?

Would you be willing to take some pictures clearly displaying them?

Dreamer57

« Reply #289 on: July 01, 2020, 12:55:00 PM »

Movie man , you are another crazy motherfker like my evolution......when i do it if i do it.....i want to have a little personal talk with you....we can stay john does ....any platform is ok......bt yeah man....this is some legendary  .... i gotta say it bro!!you must be super happy right now huh?......
1) The ppl you know and u hvent told them abt ll, what were their reactions?
2) Does anyobody suspect ll, considering your gait and movements?
3) So as of now can you say that in all terms you are as good as an average person or better?
4) Have you checked your 100mtrs sprint time?

k1erz

« Reply #290 on: July 07, 2020, 04:55:05 PM »

So based on how you feel at the moment day to day to what extent do you believe you might develop problems later on in your life?

Cpl2012

« Reply #291 on: July 07, 2020, 06:45:06 PM »

@MyEvolution Really? Thanks man I think I posted a video with my body weight only work out routine after month 6 that really helped me gain a lot of strength and size and I've moved up to weighted squats and weighted exercises pretty much because my legs are getting stronger. As far as the work outs to start running well I'd say a mix of the leg work outs and starting off with jogging, then trying some sprints, consistency is key I can tell how I've gotten faster and lighter on my legs since I've been working out on them and sprinting.

Little update video guys about a week ago I hit a new personal record with weighted squats, I was able to do 200LB! Check it out, also I know I'm not doing good deep squats and that's because as of now I can't, after 8CMs in Femurs it threw off my balance, if I went down lower than I did there, I'd probably fall back on my ass, I'm actually consciously trying to go as low as possible on these.

Hey Bro are you from LA area?

MichaelJose

« Reply #292 on: July 08, 2020, 10:57:19 PM »

Movie - hope you're still smashing it - how are things atm for you?

asian

« Reply #293 on: July 10, 2020, 11:54:05 PM »

Hi Movie, thank you very much for sharing your amazing journey!!
I have a question. The first/two months after your surgery, how many KM can you walk daily?
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

Movie

« Reply #294 on: July 12, 2020, 07:13:49 AM »

@k1ez : It's possible one can develop Arthritis in the knees easier than if I hadn't done CLL

@michaelJose: I've been in a stall these past week and a half my knee and left leg's femur is hurting, and It's funny because it's a similar pain to that when my femur was still broken/ barely consolidating, so I'm going to go for my 1 year post op check up with Mahboubian, hopefully it's nothing major, it doesn't hurt much during the day but at night it intensifies and this is almost 1 year post op!! but I think it's because I continue pushing myself to my limits. It should be just a minor speed bump god willing.

@asian: thanks & 0 km lol ...🤨
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

k1erz

« Reply #295 on: July 12, 2020, 05:08:29 PM »

Is arthritis the only possible complication you can expect at this stage given the success of your outcome?

Movie

« Reply #296 on: July 12, 2020, 06:07:32 PM »

@k1erz: I'm not sure bro, I'm not a doctor.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

k1erz

« Reply #297 on: July 12, 2020, 06:50:29 PM »

I just watched your 7 month post op video.

You’re results are so outstanding.

It’s literally unbelievable that you’ve had this surgery.

Your form is just perfect man.

F3

• Visitor
« Reply #298 on: July 18, 2020, 12:34:38 AM »

Hi movie!
How are you doing currently bro? I just read your concern on IFS’s post. Hope it’s nothing major..

Tartar

« Reply #299 on: July 23, 2020, 04:26:18 PM »

Hi Movie, can I ask you what is the diameter size of your stryde nail? (10 - 11,5 - 13)

Movie

« Reply #300 on: July 23, 2020, 07:48:36 PM »

@k1erz Thanks bro

@F3 doing better! yeah it's nothing major I just overexerted myself with exercises and on this one I kicked a 80lbs punching bag hard MMA style lol my knee didn't take it well but my femur had pains too, but they've been healing with rest and using my other leg to do most of the work.

@tartar I believe it's the 11.5
Nails removed 10/06/2021

a

• 5'9
« Reply #301 on: July 23, 2020, 08:03:19 PM »

Hello, Movie!

One of the very best diaries out there! I feel so glad for you man, I swear. You kinda gave me hope for the procedure.
Can you upload a video where you are stretching knees (to see the degree of bending) and where you are running?
Also, do you believe that you'll get back to your post LL agility ever?

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

SimonFuller

« Reply #302 on: July 24, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

Movie - my bro - how are things - can we hear an update on how life is for you atm or even get a video soon?!

wyrmhero

• Visitor
« Reply #303 on: July 24, 2020, 04:00:50 PM »

Hello Movie.
 I’ve seen your journey and I’m impressed with your recovery.
There is a question that nobody asked. ( Or I didn’t see it ).
Have you noticed erection problems 1 year after surgery? Or low libido.

lucky1

• Visitor
« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2020, 11:20:31 PM »

Hey movie,
           I hope you are doing well buddy. Haven't heard from you in a while. Stay strong!

Movie

« Reply #305 on: August 12, 2020, 11:58:04 PM »

What's up fellas! Movie checking in again! man I hope I'm not speaking too early but since yesterday and today I've not had to take a tylenol to ease my knee pain only yesterday night because it was feeling slightly uncomfortable took 1 500mg tylenol pm to sleep and that did the trick where as before I was taking maybe 3000mg of tylenols daily since Early July because my pain was that severe and crippling. So after a long and painful 31 days I'm happy to announce the right knee is feeling better ! thank god. I still feel a 1/10 2/10 pain but much better than the 5/10 - 8.5/10 pains I'd experience during this past month. I'll be letting the knee recover a few weeks more before easing into work outs again, when I massage my IT band on the side of my upper knee it doesn't hurt anymore, I've been stretching lately maybe that helped. anyway hope everyone is doing well, Movie is back!
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Megatron

« Reply #306 on: August 13, 2020, 12:28:33 AM »

Good to hear bro, hopefully there will be no more pain for you moving forward God willing. Did Dr. Mahboubian have any input on why you were experiencing these pains or offer any suggestions on how to counteract them? Seems like this could be common for LL patients to deal with tho at times and certain cases since everyone is different but most important thing is at the end of the day you recover.

moneyOnmoney1212

• Visitor
« Reply #307 on: August 13, 2020, 01:25:24 AM »

Movie,

Hope you are doing well brother.
Thank you for being so active and always hope for the best for you.
As a prospective LL'er, I worry that there might be long term complications from this surgery.
Do you think these are permanent pains, the fact that you are pushing yourself, or could it be related to still having rods in your femurs?
I worry about things such as arthritis or other complications.
God Bless.

Movie

« Reply #308 on: August 13, 2020, 01:39:06 AM »

I saw Mahboubian the 4th and as many of you know I turned a year Post Op August 1st 🥳🎉 so I was wondering why I had pains still I thought it was because I kicked a punching bag hard which could have been the culprit. He said that at a year post op my body is still adjusting to the new height that around the 2 year mark is about where everything settles in for the most part. I'm not going to lie I fear having arthritis too, and doing something like LL definitely enhances the chances of that and of permanent knee paint, I just didn't think I'd have it since I was soaring painless for a number of months post op, but now I fear I could develop it. hopefully not, but we'll see... and yes having hardware in me still does affect the pains and what not, once they're removed I'm sure I'll feel better as many others have reported.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

StrydeNailChallenge

« Reply #309 on: August 13, 2020, 02:34:21 AM »

I saw Mahboubian the 4th and as many of you know I turned a year Post Op August 1st 🥳🎉 so I was wondering why I had pains still I thought it was because I kicked a punching bag hard which could have been the culprit. He said that at a year post op my body is still adjusting to the new height that around the 2 year mark is about where everything settles in for the most part. I'm not going to lie I fear having arthritis too, and doing something like LL definitely enhances the chances of that and of permanent knee paint, I just didn't think I'd have it since I was soaring painless for a number of months post op, but now I fear I could develop it. hopefully not, but we'll see... and yes having hardware in me still does affect the pains and what not, once they're removed I'm sure I'll feel better as many others have reported.

Movie Bro,
I think with a combination of the right diet and exercises you can beat it. I used to do Parkour-like jumps for a long time, some of which too tough on knees. I started developing sharp pains a few year ago. The doctors said that over years I have injured my knee so many times, and every time it healed, but the healing was no perfect and those healed parts are the main source pain. This is what I finally figured based on the doctors' and PTs' recommendations: Diet: 1) Around 23 almonds per day, 2) Turmeric [no certain amount, I just try to add them to at least one meal of the day], 3) Vitamin D, like the one Dr. M. recommends, PT)  There is a certain exercise I do that for my type of pain works great and we can PM each other about it.
Starting [Morning] Height: 172.5 cm, Ending: 180.5
SNC - Femurs' Stryde Nail Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65337.0
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16   Go Up