Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!  (Read 25988 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!
« Reply #217 on: August 31, 2021, 03:46:24 PM »

It's normal but not the same as before.  Lengthening only one segment by a lot will change it but I don't walk funny.  I can do heavy lifting leg exercises.

Exxon

« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2021, 07:54:44 AM »

What's your 100m sprint time now? What was it before (If you had any record of it)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2021, 01:43:26 AM »

I don't know.

Sorcerer

• O' captain! My captain!
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2021, 05:48:12 AM »

I heard Dr.Xia fabricated his certificates and he was described as a money butcher.
There was a QQ group set up on purpose for revealing his fake certificates and he having graduating from a bogus orthopaedic college.
I dunno if that's true cuz I won't opt for him to do surgeries.
But glad to see you didn't get worse surgeric consequences.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #221 on: September 02, 2021, 01:58:40 PM »

He didn't do my surgery so he might have been a faker, but the younger surgeons he hired to work at his clinic like Li Gang and Peng Aiming knew what they were doing.  Lots of foreign patients I was able to communicate with after leaving; lots of successful cases.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2021, 12:32:13 PM »

Let's say you do LL with Giotikas both internal femur and tibias precise 2.2 within 8 months or w/e the time frame is (what would be the realistic time frame for that?)

And you stick to just 6 cm on tibias and 5 cm on femur because you are afraid of complications. I heard doing LL on femurs and tibias back to back is more dangerous.

1. Is it realistic to do another 2 cm on femurs later like 10 years later using the same nail?

2. Is this a bad idea? Ex: bad idea to leave the nail in that long?

3. What are some better alternatives? 

4. How much would it cost to have a local doctor break both of your femurs later to do the last 2 cm on femurs and how long would it take?

5. Bad idea to have tibia nails removed early on but keep the femur ones in for like 10 years?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2021, 06:10:53 PM »

Let's say you do LL with Giotikas both internal femur and tibias precise 2.2 within 8 months or w/e the time frame is (what would be the realistic time frame for that?)

You mean simultaneously?  Lengthening 6 bones (femurs, tibias, fibulas) all at the same time?  Yikes! :o

And you stick to just 6 cm on tibias and 5 cm on femur because you are afraid of complications. I heard doing LL on femurs and tibias back to back is more dangerous.

How is that more dangerous than doing them all at once?

1. Is it realistic to do another 2 cm on femurs later like 10 years later using the same nail?

2. Is this a bad idea? Ex: bad idea to leave the nail in that long?[/quote]

I don't know.  Precise was after my time.  Most doctors used to say leave the nail in unless it was causing a problem, but that guidance may have changed with the new technology.

3. What are some better alternatives?

Lengthen what you want on tibias, let your body heal, then lengthen what you want on femurs.

4. How much would it cost to have a local doctor break both of your femurs later to do the last 2 cm on femurs and how long would it take?

Prices will vary widely.

5. Bad idea to have tibia nails removed early on but keep the femur ones in for like 10 years?

I don't know.  My fixed 100% stainless steel nails stayed in for a little over a year.  I noticed them while they were in there.  Bones normally flex and yield slightly, but the nails don't.  I noticed some feelings of mild pressure when doing things like climbing a ladder with the nails in, which went away when they got taken out.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2021, 07:22:01 PM »

Right so right now I am hoping to do like 6 cm on tibia w/ Giotikas, wait 3 weeks still in Greece, then do some amount of femur with Giotikas while still in Greece. Maybe like 4 cm on femur. And then maybe like 10 years later, rebreak the femur and do the last 3 cm or something. I'm afraid of doing 6 cm on tibia and then 7 cm on femur, I heard back to back LL is dangerous so I'm trying to figure out how to mitigate the risk

I am not sure the best split and option.

What would you do? My budget is like 155k

boklecrt

« Reply #225 on: September 05, 2021, 05:34:45 AM »

1. What is the actual reality when it comes to the legendary "knee pain down the road" from intermedullary nails inside the tibia that are inserted under the knee? And which are removed after the 12-15 months after the start of the consolidation period?

2. What is the truth about bone marrow removal from tibia in the case of the insertion of nails. Is this going to regenerate IN FULL after the nail removal?

3. Are doctors saying that you can leave the nails inside your tibia permanently talking NONSENSE?

thank you VETERANS!
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #226 on: September 05, 2021, 01:37:47 PM »

1. What is the actual reality when it comes to the legendary "knee pain down the road" from intermedullary nails inside the tibia that are inserted under the knee? And which are removed after the 12-15 months after the start of the consolidation period?

2. What is the truth about bone marrow removal from tibia in the case of the insertion of nails. Is this going to regenerate IN FULL after the nail removal?

3. Are doctors saying that you can leave the nails inside your tibia permanently talking NONSENSE?

thank you VETERANS!

I believe that my knee issues are due to inflammation in my patellar ligaments, caused by a bad reaction to having a slit made in my patellar ligaments to insert and remove the nails.

Adults have yellow bone marrow in their tibias, which doesn't provide the blood-related biological functions you learn about in health class.  That's red marrow which is everywhere in a child's body but gradually disappears from the large/long bones like tibias and femurs as a human grows up.  I don't know if the yellow marrow regenerates or is replaced with some kind of interstitial fluid.

Very few people who graduate from medical school and are licensed to practice medicine in countries that have high standards talk nonsense.  There may be some disagreement about it but it's not a universal right/wrong thing.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #227 on: September 27, 2021, 10:30:36 PM »

If you do internal femurs 7cm, how much fat/weight do you typically lose on your face during the process ?

AimHigh

« Reply #228 on: September 28, 2021, 02:27:10 AM »

I am slim and a hard gainer naturally,  i lost around 6 kg with my LFem 8cm precice CLL - was didnt seem to matter how much I ate. - took me a year to gain back the weight. I will try mk 677 (muscle sparing) for my next RFemur  2.7 cm LLD LL.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #229 on: September 28, 2021, 02:38:26 AM »

If you do internal femurs 7cm, how much fat/weight do you typically lose on your face during the process ?

Weight loss from LL is different for everyone.  One guy I knew gained weight.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #230 on: September 29, 2021, 10:46:49 PM »

I'm wondering- is it a  ty idea to do buccal fat (cheek fat) removal or neck liposuction during LL? For safety, overall comfort reasons, or too much combined loss of fat from LL and the surgery?

Should be cheaper in Athens, Greece than USA though so it seems like a good chance to take advantage of being in a foreign country

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #231 on: September 30, 2021, 06:03:06 AM »

Don't get liposuction.  The fat comes back as soon as you eat something.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #232 on: October 01, 2021, 09:03:29 PM »

"Don't get liposuction.  The fat comes back as soon as you eat something."

ty for the warning!!!! What was your experience like getting liposuction?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #233 on: October 01, 2021, 11:55:01 PM »

Not a big deal.  I only had a minor procedure.

Thehighest

« Reply #234 on: October 06, 2021, 06:05:31 PM »

Would you recommend external skeletal fixation instituto or is too expensive now?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #235 on: October 06, 2021, 08:04:48 PM »

The only thing I know about it now is that it's completely different from when I went there.  New staff, new facilities, just the same old man who owns it.

My recommendation is to stay away from anything to do with China right now, not just LL.  Hu Jintao was in charge in 2007.  The country has become a much worse place since Xi Jinping took over.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #236 on: October 07, 2021, 02:25:44 AM »

1. When explaining to schools/employers what you were doing for two 3 months chunks of time, what might be some good things to say back?

2. For government jobs in the USA, do you need to reveal that time was for LL? Or can you be vague about it/avoid saying it?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #237 on: October 07, 2021, 02:37:58 AM »

1. When explaining to schools/employers what you were doing for two 3 months chunks of time, what might be some good things to say back?

2. For government jobs in the USA, do you need to reveal that time was for LL? Or can you be vague about it/avoid saying it?

1. Why two three month chunks of time?

2. I don't know.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #238 on: October 07, 2021, 07:26:01 AM »

"1. Why two three month chunks of time?"

Oh. I was somehow under the impression that internal femurs takes 3 months in Athens with Giotikas

And 6 cm internal tibia with Parihar would take a similar amount of time to stay in Mumbai of 3 months

What are the actual correct time frames of when you need to stay in the same city as the doctor?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #239 on: October 07, 2021, 01:26:40 PM »

Say you were teaching English in those countries.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2021, 06:58:55 AM »

ty!!!!

During LL, what specific observations / information should you write in your diary throughout LL that will be helpful to the doctor/physical therapy people to figure out what mistakes you are making in stretching/day to day movements that are hurting your recovery?

Or bad idea to disclose this info to them b/c they could use it to blame you for somethign that bad happens?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2021, 08:35:42 PM »

I don't know.  This is my entire interaction with physical therapists: I went to one one time after LL (about a year later) because my right ankle was remaining tight even though everything else was improving.  She showed me a stretch that would target that specific tendon and I did it at home for a few months, and that was the end of it.

I think you should tell medical professionals everything.  The more they know, the better they can help you.  I can't imagine that they would blame you for anything bad that happens: everything bad already happened and it's their job to help you recover from it.  If they know you have a certain problem and then they do something that's contraindicated for people with that problem, it's their fault, not yours.  If anything, hiding information will mean you're to blame (if blame is assigned at all, which it probalby won't be).

SpeedDialer

« Reply #242 on: October 19, 2021, 07:04:30 PM »

Are there risks for leaving in the internal nails for too long? I heard one should wait at least 1.5-2 years before taking them out. What if you take them out at like 5 years though? 10 years? 3 years? etc

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #243 on: October 19, 2021, 07:20:05 PM »

I'm not aware of any serious risks.  Some doctors prefer to leave them in, more commonly in the non-cosmetic orthopedic community than in CLL.  It is a major surgery to open up a patient and take them out, and the "first, do no harm" part of the Hippocratic oath is often applied to that situation if the nails aren't causing much if any problems.  It also may have something to do with insurance: why would the insurance company pay for a major surgery when the patient doesn't really need it?  That money could go to fixing a baby's cleft palate or buying someone's anti-seizure medication.

I noticed them when they were in.  It seemed like the bone wanted to bend a bit in certain situations but the nails wouldn't let them.  One time when I really noticed this was when I was climbing a ladder.

I think the best way to approach it is to wait and see if they bother you or not, and if so, how much.  Consider the cost/benefits when you can actually know what they will be.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #244 on: October 19, 2021, 07:29:00 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up