Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!  (Read 11790 times)

Medium Drink Of Water and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Apollo676

• Visitor
Re: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2021, 06:59:46 PM »

But whats so bad about lon femurs ? Comparing to stryde for example,it's more painful during the actual lenghtning period for sure,but what about recovery,a patient who did lon of femurs can recover as best as someone you did stryde in the long term ?
What is the maximum amount you recommend on tibias ? I wonder what else i can do to prepare myself for the surgery,i'm doing a lot of biking as well,and i stopped lift weight on legs

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2021, 11:59:49 PM »

But whats so bad about lon femurs ? Comparing to stryde for example,it's more painful during the actual lenghtning period for sure,but what about recovery,a patient who did lon of femurs can recover as best as someone you did stryde in the long term ?

One word, used by one of the patients I knew: agony.  Also, the scarring is severe.  I don't know about long-term outcomes.

[qupte]What is the maximum amount you recommend on tibias ?
[/quote]

I don't have a recommended maximum amount.  It depends on the individual.
Gained 3 inches on tibias (Ilizarov LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Prof. Hetao Xia and Dr. Aiming Peng.

If you have any questions, ask them here rather than by Private Message:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544

SpeedDialer

« Reply #157 on: Today at 02:45:46 AM »

Hey Medium, what objects do you recommend bringing if any for massaging your legs if you are doing internals?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #158 on: Today at 05:50:48 AM »

At Guang Ji hospital they did something called bao jiao (bao means bun and jiao means foot), in which they soaked two towels in hot water, wrapped your feet in them and let them sit for a few minutes, and then massaged the feet with the towels.
Gained 3 inches on tibias (Ilizarov LON) in 2007 at the Beijing Institute of External Skeletal Fixation Technology with Prof. Hetao Xia and Dr. Aiming Peng.

If you have any questions, ask them here rather than by Private Message:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64544
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up