Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Javier Downey  (Read 5882 times)

Hollow173

• Visitor
Dr. Javier Downey
« on: November 12, 2019, 06:34:29 PM »

Hello,
I'm from Spain and next to the city I live I have found this doctor that uses  internal PRECICE 2. I haven´t found anything about him in this forum, does anyone know if he is good? He said the price is around 60.000. His website: https://instituto-downey.com/aumento-estatura/

Dr. Javier Downey

• Visitor
Re: Dr. Javier Downey
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:56 PM »

Hello everyone,
For those of you who don't know me, I'm Javier Downey. I glad to see that someone has mentioned me in this forum and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am an orthopedic surgeon living in Spain specialized in limb lengthening and deformity reconstruction since 2006. I have been trained at the Rubin's Institute for Advanced Orthopedics in Baltimore, Maryland with Drs. Herzenberg, Standard and Paley. On that first fellowship, I learned many reconstruction techniques like the SUPER surgeries for congenital deformities as well as the Ilizarov frame and the newer Taylor Spatial Frame (TSF). While I was there I learned about stature lengthening. of course, back then, it was done with external fixators.

I have kept going back to Baltimore and more recently, have been training with Dr.Paley at the Paley Institute at West Palm Beach. There I learned how to use, what I think is REALLY changing every concept we knew about limb lengthening, the PRECICE nail.

Now we finally have a proper device to perform stature lengthenings without having to use the cumbersome, and full of complications, external fixator.

I have performed several lengthenings with the PRECICE nail and all I can say is it really makes it all A LOT easier for everybody involved.

More recently, I implanted the first PRECICE STRYDE nail in Spain. I, again, am in awe with this device. I stood my patient up the VERY NEXT MORNING! Since then all she has been doing is getting better and better and, as of today does not use any external support to walk.

I am glad to respond to any comments and questions presented at this forum.

For more information, please visit my website: https://instituto-downey.com/en/home/.

Dr. Javier Downey

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 04:48:38 PM »

Almost forgot!
One more thing:

We are THE ONLY Institute in Spain and one of the two that is affiliated with the Paley Institute Stature Lengthening Program.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 04:53:03 PM »

Almost forgot!
One more thing:

We are THE ONLY Institute in Spain and one of the two that is affiliated with the Paley Institute Stature Lengthening Program.
Hi doctor Javier
Have you fixed complications coming out of cosmetic lengthening?
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

TemakiSushi

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 04:56:43 PM »

I really hope you are the real savior finally appeared in Europe
As you know the situation of CLL in Europe is really sad.

Dr. Javier Downey

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 07:50:00 PM »

Hello,
As of yet, I have not had to fix any complications in any of my cases. Can you shed some light as to what complications?

Tupac

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 10:40:26 PM »

Hello Doctor !

What about prices in general ?

Montreal172

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 11:28:06 PM »

Mostly, angular deviation pre-consolidation.
Ballerina foot.
Non-union or weak callus.

TemakiSushi

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2019, 10:04:07 AM »

Hello,
As of yet, I have not had to fix any complications in any of my cases. Can you shed some light as to what complications?
Ok there’ve been many tragedies
I really hope you are eager to learn new technics and compassionate with high moral standards
Please at least read these diaries:

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3560.msg169167#msg169167

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64558.msg168267#msg168267

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5465.msg101116#msg101116

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64300.msg164941#msg164941

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9826.msg102817#msg102817

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=395.msg91443#msg91443

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64280.msg164720#msg164720

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64405.msg166588#msg166588

I should also add this Japanese case in Armenia

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64339.msg165666#msg165666

Do you know the old forum makemetller?

We really need more doctors with dedication and compassion, who loves his job and strives to achieve meticulous work
Unfortunately most CLL doctors aren’t good at all not meeting the standard the patients need

« Last Edit: December 03, 2019, 10:45:22 AM by TemakiSushi »

Hollow173

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2020, 01:40:53 PM »

Does anyone has experience with this doctor? I was thinking about doing it with Giotikas, but Dr Downey works in my own city.

Adrian

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2020, 01:55:49 AM »

Very interesting.

How can I know the price of the surgery?

TwinMusicom

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2020, 12:28:04 PM »

Hello everyone,
For those of you who don't know me, I'm Javier Downey. I glad to see that someone has mentioned me in this forum and I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself.

I am an orthopedic surgeon living in Spain specialized in limb lengthening and deformity reconstruction since 2006. I have been trained at the Rubin's Institute for Advanced Orthopedics in Baltimore, Maryland with Drs. Herzenberg, Standard and Paley. On that first fellowship, I learned many reconstruction techniques like the SUPER surgeries for congenital deformities as well as the Ilizarov frame and the newer Taylor Spatial Frame (TSF). While I was there I learned about stature lengthening. of course, back then, it was done with external fixators.

I have kept going back to Baltimore and more recently, have been training with Dr.Paley at the Paley Institute at West Palm Beach. There I learned how to use, what I think is REALLY changing every concept we knew about limb lengthening, the PRECICE nail.

Now we finally have a proper device to perform stature lengthenings without having to use the cumbersome, and full of complications, external fixator.

I have performed several lengthenings with the PRECICE nail and all I can say is it really makes it all A LOT easier for everybody involved.

More recently, I implanted the first PRECICE STRYDE nail in Spain. I, again, am in awe with this device. I stood my patient up the VERY NEXT MORNING! Since then all she has been doing is getting better and better and, as of today does not use any external support to walk.

For more information, please visit my website: https://instituto-downey.com/en/home/.

Thank you!

1. What is the price for bilateral femurs with Stryde?

2. What are the accommodations/living arrangements nearby?

3. How will covid affect when you expect to be able to take Americans as patients again?

Polvorón

« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2020, 09:42:14 PM »

Thank you!

1. What is the price for bilateral femurs with Stryde?

2. What are the accommodations/living arrangements nearby?

3. How will covid affect when you expect to be able to take Americans as patients again?
I am from Spain.
3 - At this time Spanish government put a quarantine of 15 days for tourists. Seville is a city with not too much covid-19 patients, most of them are in Madrid and Barcelona.
2 - Spain is cheap, but maybe the center of Seville is a bit expensive.
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).

TwinMusicom

« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2020, 12:13:55 PM »

Hello everyone,

Thanks Dr. Downey. What's your policy with COVID? In terms of documents people need to bring and what to do if he gets covid before the treatment?

TwinMusicom

« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2020, 12:16:00 PM »

Does anyone has experience with this doctor? I was thinking about doing it with Giotikas, but Dr Downey works in my own city.

Did you make a decision? Who is cheaper after considering all expenses for an American?

FreyaStone

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2021, 10:00:17 AM »

Has anybody contacted him?

curlyfella

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2021, 09:28:18 PM »

yes . prices were unaffordable

ugoaps

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2022, 02:41:00 PM »

I live 300km near this doctor's clinic and I find it an interesting option to have surgery so close and in my language. Regarding the price, I read in a comment on his website that it is € 43,500 in the two lukewarm areas. It is not expensive considering that it is Europe (I don't know what is included), but it is also true that there is not much information on the internet about this doctor and he does not seem to have much experience. His appearance in this forum does not invite trust either. He disappeared as soon as people was asked some very direct questions, which doesn't get him very good publicity considering this is the premier LL forum on the internet and many LL candidates from around the world will come here early to do their research.

Sorcerer

« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2022, 02:09:41 AM »

I really hope you are the real savior finally appeared in Europe
As you know the situation of CLL in Europe is really sad.
Why are you holding such unintelligible opinion?

TheGambitKing

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2022, 08:10:51 PM »

im likely to get the surgeon done by this doc in the near future (would desire it to be in early june if possible) so any experiences with him are appreciated

canterk

« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2022, 08:27:46 PM »

im likely to get the surgeon done by this doc in the near future (would desire it to be in early june if possible) so any experiences with him are appreciated

Why him specifically? is it because of location or something else.

TheGambitKing

« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2022, 04:02:19 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up