Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: EXTERNAL TIBIA (LON) WITH DR.PRADIP SHARMA INDIA 2020  (Read 8811 times)

Smaller

EXTERNAL TIBIA (LON) WITH DR.PRADIP SHARMA INDIA 2020
« on: January 06, 2020, 06:59:52 AM »

Hi Everyone,
About myself, I am 29 male and my current height is 173 . my goal is 6-7 cm. I was planning this surgery from last 4 years and collecting  money .Finally i am here . Honestly i choose Dr. Pradeep Sharma because of his previous  patients who all outcomes with good results and i spoke 2-3 CLL doctors over phone regarding CLL but i was satisfied with  his answers  and other important factor is Harry i heard about him a lot here and old forum as well, he has good experience with CLL patient and i know Exercise/Rehabilitation is most important part after the surgery so he knows how to handle .
I came to India on 15 December 2019. i was on travelling . Previously my surgery planned on 15 Jan 2020 but i asked Harry to plan bit early so my surgery is on 8th jan 2020.
Firstly i contact Harry, he is managing everything here. Cost i paid 17000 USD for surgery, accommodation, food, caretaker and physiotherapy for 3-5 months.

I will keep update regarding my journey.

Smaller

Re: EXTERNAL TIBIA (LON) WITH DR.PRADIP SHARMA INDIA 2020
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2020, 06:49:33 PM »

My anxiety level getting high . Tomorrow 8 in thr morning they will take me to the hospital and about 2-3 hours later my surgery is scheduled so I am getting nervous . Fingers crossed, I hope everything would go smoothly. And I really hope that I will sleep sound tonight.

Meck

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2020, 06:52:16 PM »

Keep strong all will be fine, is most important made that first step, later is easy im now almost 6cm on femur i wait up to 9 to remove device

nomad13

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2020, 06:59:13 PM »

Hey Smaller, it happens to everyone i was scared days before surgery even questioning if i even had to go through it all, am sure you'll get through it be strong and stay motivated may be keep some books with you if you are into reading and download some bunch of films and series, staff in that hospital is super friendly and kind, good luck.
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

Smaller

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2020, 01:39:11 PM »

So it was done in epidural, hell painful injection. It took 4 hours according to my time schedule. Last i checked it was 13:00hr when i entered in that scary room and it was 17:30hr in ICU. I shooked when i realised that i could not even move my toes. So in panic i called the nurse. Harry was waiting outside so she called harry. He came in and explained that its perfectly ok after epidural surgery.Than he made me calm and asked me to wait for few more hours to come back from the anaesthesia. It was around 20:00hr when DR PRADIP SHARMA (SURGEON) came in. We had small conversation and he left.
In the mid night they shifted me to a personal room. in In morning One boy (caretaker) was there for the whole time.
One more thing i hate the catheter.

Smaller

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 08:30:28 AM »

Dear LL'ers ,
Shifted in guesthouse day before yesterday. Let me tel you the shifting was very unpleasant and the frames are heavy. I am a person who sleeps on the stomach and i know now this is going to be very difficult and stressful for next few months. Throbbing pain is there took IV pain killer for initial three days. Now trying to avoid as much as possible. I hate the weather here. Next update will be once i start the lengthening. Wish me luck and lots of strength.

Smaller

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 07:14:42 PM »

Today I started lengthening first day. Excitement on the top. Following the standard protocol for lengthening. Discomfort and uneasiness still there. I don’t know how long it will take to accommodate with frames.

Beforeandafter

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2020, 01:03:32 PM »

Congratulations, Keep update

Smaller

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2020, 08:35:41 AM »

My room pic

Smaller

« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2020, 08:38:00 AM »

Smaller

« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2020, 08:50:14 AM »

Pic after 3 days of surgery

Smaller

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2020, 08:51:43 AM »

Smaller

« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2020, 07:26:34 PM »

Turn 5 mm till today. Start physiotherapy twice a day. Eating healthy , non-vegetarian at least once a day and doing good so far.
Not much in pain but yes bit discomfort is there. Don’t feel like to do anything but there is long road to go . Can’t  be board so soon.

BlueHen

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2020, 12:28:07 PM »

Hi Smaller,

Congrats you're probably past the hardest stage now. Good luck with your lengthening, you'll be finished with it before you know it and on the road to recovery. If you have any questions feel free to ask me because I had my surgery with Dr Sharma about 6 months ago and I've been back to a  totally normal life for about 1 month

Good luck!
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

Smaller

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2020, 06:22:52 AM »

Hi Smaller,

Congrats you're probably past the hardest stage now. Good luck with your lengthening, you'll be finished with it before you know it and on the road to recovery. If you have any questions feel free to ask me because I had my surgery with Dr Sharma about 6 months ago and I've been back to a  totally normal life for about 1 month

Good luck!
Congratulation for your recovery.
Thank you for your fine words.

Smaller

« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2020, 06:42:37 AM »

Things are easy now, situation is fine. Life is monotonous, every day is same. People are nice. Harry and Dr Pradip Sharma are very helpful. Don't know why but one leg is felt stronger than the other i hope it's just in my head. 1.2cm done till yesterday. Hoping to get out soon, for movie shopping anything for a matter of change. Harry making me stand once a day. Counting the days.

nomad13

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2020, 06:27:22 PM »

Things are easy now, situation is fine. Life is monotonous, every day is same. People are nice. Harry and Dr Pradip Sharma are very helpful. Don't know why but one leg is felt stronger than the other i hope it's just in my head. 1.2cm done till yesterday. Hoping to get out soon, for movie shopping anything for a matter of change. Harry making me stand once a day. Counting the days.

Same in my case, right leg was was stronger than left, I heard around same for most LLers, you will recover soon, once you are off frames you can go out to do stuff
LON tibias(Oct 2019) in consolidation phase 160cm --> 165cm by Dr. Pradip Sharma http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64481.0

Smaller

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2020, 08:09:11 PM »

Same in my case, right leg was was stronger than left, I heard around same for most LLers, you will recover soon, once you are off frames you can go out to do stuff
Thank you nomad13

Smaller

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2020, 04:26:08 PM »

Level of mobility is improved. For the first time I used dumbbells also funny experience. Harry came with this idea of strengthening. Harry is a good person to talk to if you feeling low or depressed. He gave lots of idea to boost your level of motivation and keep you focused on your goal . Tomorrow I will complete 2cm lengthening. Pretty much accommodated with the frames now. Everyday feel eager to stand to walk but I know it’s long road to go. No pain and as such no discomfort. Dr. Pradeep Sharma came to check on me last weekend. He is a pleasant personality. Didn’t talk much but it was nice of him to come and check.

Smaller

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 02:05:48 PM »

22nd day since i started lengthening but feel like few days. standing twice a day now with walker support. I can stand bit longer now. Harry cleaned the pin side this week. Feeling my skin ripped over pin sides. They check frame every week, and tighten them. Yesterday i sat for a long time keeping my feet on floor, got swollen feet. I got panicked and called, he said its usual if sits for long. Elevate and rest that's all i had to do. Today i took painkiller, there was some unease and discomfort.
Doing all my leg exercises and included upper body too.
Caretaker is slow and hard to communicate but he understand you somehow, manageable overall.
Quality of food and hygiene is good. If you have need for anything other then these stuff you can ask them they help 100%.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 02:42:33 PM »

Hello Smaller, I hope you’re getting better day by day. I was considering getting Ll with Dr.Pradeep Sharma. Would you recommend this? From a 1-10, where would you rate your experience so far with him and Harry? Please be completely transparent with your answer since a lot of people in the forum depend on these type of answers so they can have a good judgment for when they are choosing their doctors. Thanks, and again, I hope you can past these few more months and you recover perfectly!

Smaller

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2020, 08:02:44 AM »

Hello Smaller, I hope you’re getting better day by day. I was considering getting Ll with Dr.Pradeep Sharma. Would you recommend this? From a 1-10, where would you rate your experience so far with him and Harry? Please be completely transparent with your answer since a lot of people in the forum depend on these type of answers so they can have a good judgment for when they are choosing their doctors. Thanks, and again, I hope you can past these few more months and you recover perfectly!
Hi
skyisthelimit, Thank you for the concern. yes i am improving every passing day. This is strictly my opinion with not being biased for anyone so far my experience is good. Not having any kind of trouble or inconvenience.yes I can recommend on my experience but you always check the background and get all your queries answered first because at the end the decision is yours. I can rate them 9/10 by saying the things are good enough but nothing on your tips you have to manage and ask, you will get what you want.Very helpful and concern staff. Treatment is so far 10 but i guess the answer for this should be given once i recover. I am still in frame and lengthening so the actual feedback i can give once i start walking.
I Choose Dr Pradip was genuinely on the basis of past record and the conversastion i had with the LL'ers who had treated by him left already.
So be thorough with your queries.

Stepfast

• Visitor
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2020, 08:23:14 AM »

Could you post some real pictures of legs and xrays? The pictures you posted seem to be fake.

Smaller

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2020, 09:57:02 AM »

Feeling very low from past few days. Days are getting long and boring , Didn't feel like to come here and write anything because of all the nonsense going on here. Feel depressed by reading all the fuzz. Everyone is educated enough if they are reading this forum no-one is promoting anyone. i personally am just sharing my experience of lengthening. So far its good. i have lengthened 2.5 till today.

Joker

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 07:25:44 PM »

Hi Smaller,
You don’t need to get bore and upset. You are doing good. I will join you very soon.

Pharaoh

« Reply #25 on: February 15, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »

Could you post some real pictures of legs and xrays? The pictures you posted seem to be fake.

Coz probably a fake dairy run by Harry don't get fooled people

Smaller

« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2020, 02:21:36 PM »

Hi Smaller,
You don’t need to get bore and upset. You are doing good. I will join you very soon.
Thank you Joker .

Smaller

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 12:28:59 PM »

Quick update , Feeling stretch in my both legs .Sometime its like burning (skin stretch feel) . Till yesterday i was  turning 1mm/day. From today .75 . Right knee pin cut bothering me . feel like don't want these frame  but pushing myself to achieve my goal 5.5 cm.  My last x-ray
https://imgur.com/LlKI16L

cam007

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2020, 06:27:11 AM »

Quick update , Feeling stretch in my both legs .Sometime its like burning (skin stretch feel) . Till yesterday i was  turning 1mm/day. From today .75 . Right knee pin cut bothering me . feel like don't want these frame  but pushing myself to achieve my goal 5.5 cm.  My last x-ray
https://imgur.com/LlKI16L

What cms are you at. You didn’t say how much you lengthened
175cm , goal 181cm

** est.2022 for 5-6cm tibias preferably

Smaller

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2020, 08:20:50 AM »

Situation is in favour till now turned around 4.4 cm little discomfort and pain is there, which is inevitable this procedure is like that only.
Its very difficult to wait when you are reaching the end. Ankle touches the floor slowly while standing but they are still in touch with the floor.
Thigh strengthening is the most difficult part because the soreness kills you when you have never done that before. All is well so far.

Smaller

« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2020, 05:45:22 AM »

Hopefully going for X-ray today. Took almost three days off from lengthening because of systemic illness didn’t feel like to do anything whole body was hurting, feeling better now . I don’t want to miss any more days just want to finish soon , Everything is going well. Can stand with my heels on the ground. Soon I will update my X-ray.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up