Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: chasing a lifetime dream  (Read 20590 times)

Skyisthelimit

Re: chasing a lifetime dream
« Reply #155 on: October 31, 2020, 09:08:00 PM »

Hey there sunshine! I knew you would make it, dude! You truly are a fighter and you’ll be back to normal in no time, Im sure of that. Your x rays look excellent! I mean honestly, they should use your xrays as example of what the end of distraction should look like. I’m glad you were able to reach the goals you set for yourself. Your diary got me psyched! I’m 100% going through with this. Hopefully I get results like yours. I’m definitely including Dr. Buldu in my list of potential doctors.  Keep us updated throughout the consolidation phase!

Sky

Sunshine

« Reply #156 on: October 31, 2020, 11:10:04 PM »

Thanks Sky!
This October month has been epic, the stiffness and pain skyrocketed to their peak until the end. I’m like in paradise now, no more distraction no more grinding noise no more muscle pull. My legs are so happy now the torture is over.
So Dr. Buldu actually talked about my case as an example to his German patient in a video. But he praised my example for my callus, not for my x- rays 😂.
Good luck to your future journey. If you maintain a healthy lifestyle I’m sure you will reach your goals too.
All the best!

AnotherShorty

« Reply #157 on: November 01, 2020, 08:07:14 PM »

Hi Sunshine

I am sooo happy for you. Yeah your legs sure look little “boney”. I mean they are visibly weak due to muscle stretching and inactivity.
Keep us posted, your dairy will be a CLL bible to understand what to expect at each stage ... I have learned so many things and now excited/waiting for you to finish consolidation and regain the lost muscle power...

Best regards
We need advancements in LL, and I need money, time, strength and opportunity !!

Sunshine

« Reply #158 on: November 01, 2020, 09:54:49 PM »

Thanks AnotherShorty,
Funny thing is I actually never liked my pre-op bulky legs lol. I kinda like their slenderness today but I know that's not gonna last cuz as soon as I weight bear again they're gonna regain their mass as before. So today I'm enjoying these thin legs while they last lol

What a difference 8cm can do on the thighs:

June 14 - pre-op

August 12 - post-op swelling

October 21 - 7.2cm
« Last Edit: November 01, 2020, 10:45:26 PM by Sunshine »

Sunshine

« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2020, 11:41:13 PM »

Hey All!

11/16/2020 - consolidation day 18

Callus still looking good according to my surgeon lol
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 12:40:36 AM by Sunshine »

init1alove

« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2020, 05:05:44 AM »

Congras, Sunshine. The bones are perfectly aligned.

Sunshine

« Reply #161 on: November 17, 2020, 05:29:50 AM »

Thanks init1alove!
I remember my Doctor saying in an interview how he carefully cuts the bones very very slowly during osteotomy lol

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #162 on: November 17, 2020, 08:23:45 AM »

Thanks for the update—great result so far! 👌🏻

Sunshine

« Reply #163 on: November 17, 2020, 02:49:57 PM »

Thanks NotSoBigBadBruin!

AnotherShorty

« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2020, 04:59:03 PM »

Hi Sunshine, Always happy to see your updates and progress ...
Thanks and keep going strong.

Regards

Sunshine

« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2020, 05:28:57 PM »

Thanks AnotherShorty!
Now I'm counting the days until full consolidation so I can start walking unaided and working out my glutes and hip flexors properly.

AnotherShorty

« Reply #166 on: November 18, 2020, 06:44:21 AM »

Yeah Sunshine !! Now you have crossed the phase of any potential complication, just waiting for you to consolidate and regain your strength. It will be so fun for you to finally walk straight and enjoy your life as a TALL man   :D
Best regards

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2020, 02:08:41 PM »

Hey Sunshine, how’s everything going? Do you have some news for us? Did you or someone else notice the height gains? Did you already measured yourself? Eagerly awaiting your update! Hope everything is well

Sunshine

« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2020, 08:27:48 PM »

Hey Sky,
I haven't seen any acquaintance since surgery as I'm kinda locked down at home with the pandemic situation. And I haven't measured myself neither but my pants are now short on me lol. I'm bored with the consolidation process due to these Precice not allowing full weight bearing thus limiting my work out. My next x-rays are coming soon and hopefully will show even better callus than last time lol.
@AnotherShorty
Thanks Man! I'm dying to go back to a normal life though I don't consider myself really tall with my new height. I'm just above average now. For me tall would start at 6'2" lol

My consolidation life
Protein

Calcium

Vitamin D lol

Not sure if these are IT bands but they've been protruding from the side of my thighs since I hit +5cm!

« Last Edit: December 13, 2020, 11:03:34 PM by Sunshine »

Kal el

« Reply #169 on: December 14, 2020, 12:34:32 AM »

Hey sunsine good to see u doing so well....btw what is your current height.

Sunshine

« Reply #170 on: December 14, 2020, 01:02:51 AM »

Hey Alamin,
I haven’t measured myself post-op yet. The only indicator I have right now is my older sweatpants that are now shorter when I wear them lol

Kal el

« Reply #171 on: December 14, 2020, 01:15:37 AM »

No i mean how much did u lengthen and what was ur pre OP height....and do u think guys who are 190 feel very tall for u if u have met any1 yet with tht height.

Sunshine

« Reply #172 on: December 14, 2020, 01:32:50 AM »

Oh I was 173cm pre-op and lengthened 8cm. I’ve been locked down since surgery and haven’t met any of my friends since then. I haven’t been out neither since I ordered everything online for delivery. It will be fun next year 2021 when I emerge from this pandemic and meet my friends again lol. I’m curious to see their reaction as none of them knows about my situation. Also there are plenty of 190+ guys at my gym so it will be funny too when I compare to them once my local gym reopens..

Kal el

« Reply #173 on: December 14, 2020, 01:40:27 AM »

So currently u r 6 ft tall.... congratulations on becoming captain america😆....btw are ur arms very long with is ur wingspan....and wld u mind posting full body standing pictures here....that will be very helpful for some of us to know wht to expect after 8 cm femur..and were ur legs long or short for ur body pre OP..thnks for d replies....all the best for recovery.

Sunshine

« Reply #174 on: December 14, 2020, 02:05:14 AM »

I’m not quiet 6’ lol. Theoretically I should be a smidgen under at 5’11” but I haven’t measured myself yet post-op. I’ll try post a full body standing pic once I can stand straight and nice post-consolidation. I can definitely say my legs were on the shorter end for my body ratio pre-op and though I never measured my wingspan I’m pretty confident it was longer than my pre-op height. You can check my pre-op pics on the first page of my diary which will give you an idea of my older proportions..

Singapore

« Reply #175 on: December 14, 2020, 03:11:18 AM »

Hey All,
so I just realized I didn't turn on link sharing on my Google Drive, just fixed now! I shortlisted Doctors Giotikas and Buldu for precice, price looks similar with Buldu offering additional 10 days hotel after 5 days hospitalization and the option of distracting-lengthening at home after that! Giotikas looks good with years of experience, Buldu is supposedly the best in Turkey but there are so few patients diaries about him and though he's not anymore part of wannabetaller, I heard so many horror stories on that matter that I don't know what to think about Turkey option. Anyone had done precice with either doctor could chime in and share your experience and opinion? Should I stop running and just stretch before surgery or is it ok to keep running ?
Thanks in advance for your feedback!

Congratulation my friend!! Your pre-op height is in my opinion the best pre-op height to receive the most cost benefit out of this surgery. At 5'11, you will be quite tall compared to the rest of the World and most likely to be able keep your athleticism as well. I am already back to running, and playing mild sports like tennis at 1 year and 9 months mark post-op. And I skipped training for like 8 months!!! So I believe that if you are active before the surgery, and did a fair amount on femurs, you would be back very close to your athleticism pre-op ( considering that you train hard for it!) I will keep an eye on your diary. Best of luck!!!

Sunshine

« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2020, 04:06:14 AM »

Thanks my Friend!
Funny coz my native sport was actually tennis before I started running! Your 178cm height is definitely above average in Asia and I’m sure your surgery has transformed your life.
All the best!

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #177 on: January 04, 2021, 11:49:49 AM »

Hey Sunshine, how’s everything going with consolidation? I bet you’re more than half way through. Were you able to take a picture of your current proportions and/or measure your new height? If so, please let us know your new height. For some reason people that undergo the surgery don’t post their new measured height in their diary. I want to know is they actually grow as much as they assume they did, or if they lose some mms/cms. Best of luck with your progress, hope to hear soon from you! So far, you’re the most detailed and interactive diary I know from this doctor.
Sky

Growing

« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2021, 02:27:49 PM »

Hi, Any update on your progress?

Sunshine

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2021, 12:09:54 AM »

Hey,
Been a while since last update! I haven’t measured myself yet. My consolidation is slow as I can’t walk unaided yet. I expect to start walking on my own in spring as soon as my callus allows it.

Apollo676

« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2021, 02:02:10 PM »

Best wishes Sunshine,amazing diary,hope everything is good for you man :)

Sunshine

« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2021, 07:54:12 PM »

Thanks Apollo676!

Kal el

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2021, 09:22:38 PM »

Man ur consolidation is super slow if ur not able to walk unaided even now after like 8 mnths tht too with stryde nails🙄..anyways good luck i hope u recover very well and soon.

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #183 on: January 24, 2021, 05:15:49 AM »

Man ur consolidation is super slow if ur not able to walk unaided even now after like 8 mnths tht too with stryde nails🙄..anyways good luck i hope u recover very well and soon.

I think he did precise nails.

Activatedxx

« Reply #184 on: January 29, 2021, 09:23:02 PM »

Thanks my Friend!
Funny coz my native sport was actually tennis before I started running! Your 178cm height is definitely above average in Asia and I’m sure your surgery has transformed your life.
All the best!

Sunshine can I please ask how much you paid for P2? I’m confused because the doctors promoter said 35k euros then he said 30k euros?
5’5 -> 8cm distracted -> 5’8  LON Femur.
Brutal painful process, if considering external femurs please change your mind
Monorails installed may 13: Removed august 8, 2021
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66610.0

Sunshine

« Reply #185 on: January 29, 2021, 11:36:44 PM »

@Activatedxx
35k €

@Kal el
it’s been a little over 5.5 months post-op today. I’m not on full weight bearing Stryde thus my callus can’t grow and consolidate as fast as say SNC who did surgery 2 weeks before me and is now fully consolidated on Stryde!

@Tokito_Ohma
yes indeed!

Some updates: I just took x-rays a couple days ago after a long hiatus due to the lockdown! Here’s a timeline of my callus growth since surgery day!

08/05/20 - Surgery day
couple mm lengthened right after surgery to test ERC controller and prevent premature consolidation!

08/27/20 - 1.5cm

09/14/20 - 3.3cm

10/01/20 - 5cm

10/19/20 - 6.9cm

10/30/20 - 8cm

11/16/20 - consolidation day 18

01/26/21 - consolidation day 88

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up