Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the reason you are short  (Read 4890 times)

FredWh

• Visitor
Re: What is the reason you are short
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 02:13:37 PM »

I started puberty super early - around 9. I was in the 95th percentile for height being 173cm at 13 and then only made it to 176cm. My dad is 6ft my mum is 5'5".

I also had steroid asthma inhalers which I don't think helped
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:34:24 PM by FredWh »

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 02:17:17 PM »

I started puberty super early - around 9. I was in the 95th percentile for height being 173cm at 13 and then only made it to 176cm. My dad is 6ft my mum is 5'5".

176cm ain't short. Unless you live in the Netherlands or a Slavic country.
Looking for an alternative.

deletedaccount

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 02:23:13 PM »

The vast majority of us is short only due to our genes.
It is stupid for someone with a 5.7 dad and a 4.8 mom to think that he became 5.6-5.7 because he didn't sleep enough. In reality, he is very lucky to even be at that height with that parents heights, especially an almost dwarf mother.

I have a 5.9 dad, a 5.2 mom and ended up 5.65 which is completely normal with my parents heights.
I smoked a little at 16yo and started gym at the same year but telling that I stunted my growth for that reasons is completely bs.
I may have ended 1-2 cm taller if I didn't so what? Stunted growth is not 1-2 cm but at least 5-6 and today only in countries with famine children face problems like these.

All of us here have our heights at 99% due to our genes.
Sleep, healthier nutrition and all these may have given to some of us, not even the majority, 1 inch at max, nothing  to make us not thinking about LL.
So stop thinking stupid reasons and just accept that our genes made us the heights we are (or were for veterans like me).

Lol yeah, based on my heights at younger ages I would've been lucky to wind up 5'4"
Maybe wishful thinking that I could've been maybe a teensy bit taller if I ate meat and stuff because my diet was pretty bleh, but it really would've been pretty much the same.
But then for some bizarre reason my maternal uncle who's the equivalent of my mom's height and his mom who's probably not over 5'1" is now apparently 5'9" when he's two years older than me and used to be shorter and got a growth spurt at 19 and another cousin is 6'0" with a 5'1" mom and 5'7" dad. Genetics are weird.

FredWh

• Visitor
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 05:43:33 PM »

Thanks yeah I'm from the UK. I guess I just feel like I haven't met my potential which is the main thing.

drxboom

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 06:53:54 PM »

There is a proven strong relationship between puberty and height. Entering late puberty is always prolonged because the epiphyseal plates then close. but you're still glorious 176 so good
170cm goal 177 -178

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 07:13:36 PM »

Lol yeah, based on my heights at younger ages I would've been lucky to wind up 5'4"
Maybe wishful thinking that I could've been maybe a teensy bit taller if I ate meat and stuff because my diet was pretty bleh, but it really would've been pretty much the same.
But then for some bizarre reason my maternal uncle who's the equivalent of my mom's height and his mom who's probably not over 5'1" is now apparently 5'9" when he's two years older than me and used to be shorter and got a growth spurt at 19 and another cousin is 6'0" with a 5'1" mom and 5'7" dad. Genetics are weird.

Were you a vegetarian as a teen?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 07:20:35 PM »

Late puberty usually results in normal height, but it can traumatize a teen in highschool still being way under avg but eventually in early 20 or before they spurt up just fine and all is well.. It's the early puberty that fks kids up destined to be 6'0 but then aromatize od test at like 14 and stop growing there cuz fusion of plates despite normal hgh and igf1 levels aka precocious puberty gotta put tht bitchh on an AI asap once u see signs
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

deletedaccount

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 07:40:06 PM »

Yeah maybe I could've gained more if I ate meat or atleast injected HGH and used AI when I realised my growth rate plummeted hard 14 onwards.

So basically I was like the shortest-3rd shortest in my grade all the way up to 7th - 8th grade when I was suddenly above average and a few people called me "tall".  Then in 9th grade suddenly below average again, my neurosis then kicked in but I still wasn't "short short". I was predicted to be about 5'8" generally. 10th grade I was very depressed when I realised that I wasn't gonna grow much more. 11th grade, I feel pretty short again but not very short; 20th percentile or so. I knew I wouldn't be tall but I never really expected to wind up under 5'8", much less 5'6".

But then my cousin who ended up at 6ft with not much taller parents was asthmatic as a kid and very very skinny and ate barely okay.

Body Builder

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 08:28:11 PM »

Yeah maybe I could've gained more if I ate meat or atleast injected HGH and used AI when I realised my growth rate plummeted hard 14 onwards.

So basically I was like the shortest-3rd shortest in my grade all the way up to 7th - 8th grade when I was suddenly above average and a few people called me "tall".  Then in 9th grade suddenly below average again, my neurosis then kicked in but I still wasn't "short short". I was predicted to be about 5'8" generally. 10th grade I was very depressed when I realised that I wasn't gonna grow much more. 11th grade, I feel pretty short again but not very short; 20th percentile or so. I knew I wouldn't be tall but I never really expected to wind up under 5'8", much less 5'6".

But then my cousin who ended up at 6ft with not much taller parents was asthmatic as a kid and very very skinny and ate barely okay.
Doing hgh etc is not natural.
Maybe if I did hgh I would become taller but that doesn't mean I stunted my growth because I havent used hgh.
With hgh you would have cheated your natural height.
Otherwise it is like saying that if a man is skinny he hasn't reached his potential to become 130kg beast with injecting kilos of steroids, while the reaility is that steroids, hgh etc is cheating, not true potential. The same happens with LL. Exactly the same.

So, our potential is not by injecting hgh but without it.
Otherwise, our potential is +15cm by doing 2 LLs and if we dont do them then we havent reached it.

deletedaccount

« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 08:45:03 PM »

Never said I think I stunted my growth, which is really hard unless you are dirt poor. Just wishful thinking that if I ate meat and had a more optimal diet I would maybe end up fractionally taller (same as my dad or something like that) which as you said does not count as stunting your growth. Of course HGH is not natural and I did not count that as "stunting my growth" but I still had the possibility of having a small effect if I spotted it earlier.

drxboom

« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 08:52:37 PM »

Someone entering late teens will be above target height. If everything is fine for the person, there will be an increase in height each year before entering puberty and there will be a jump in puberty.
170cm goal 177 -178

Body Builder

« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 09:50:59 PM »

Never said I think I stunted my growth, which is really hard unless you are dirt poor. Just wishful thinking that if I ate meat and had a more optimal diet I would maybe end up fractionally taller (same as my dad or something like that) which as you said does not count as stunting your growth. Of course HGH is not natural and I did not count that as "stunting my growth" but I still had the possibility of having a small effect if I spotted it earlier.
Well said.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 10:45:49 PM »

Yea honestly all of us wish we pushed our parents to go to endocrinologist and nag the doctor to prescribe hgh, especially if we are under 170cm in a western country, as they start to prescribe for idiopathic short stature (short bcuz of genetics, not bcuz of hgh deficiency) Unfortunately we can't go back to the past so it's rly toxic for me to keep reminding me of that.

I actually asked my parents why they didn't push the doctor to monitor my growth more and they legitimately didn't know that HGH existed, so they feel remorseful and guilty. Obviously not their fault, HGH is still pretty sci-fi if you think about it, it's crazy such a drug exist and it definitely has saved the self esteems of thousands of would-be short kids that are now average or almost average because of this wonder drug.

When I have a child, I will ensure to monitor their growth. I want them to be at least average, or slightly under. If the doctor doesnt recommends HGH and my kid is like 6th percentile just above the "cutoff" for insurance, I'm still getting the kid HGH. Obviously height insecurities shouldn't be forced into my kid especially if they aren't upset about it, but I will give him the treatment because there's probably a high chance of neurosis developing once you turn into an adult, and at that point it's too late. If I have a daughter and she truly doesn't mind it, then it's probably fine. For my son tho we will have conversations about this and maybe he will reject it and I'll have to respect it. Or he'll be like the thousands of kids who were retroactively thankful their parents did this instead of refusing it because "muh needles". Whatever it is, I just want them to be happy.

And hgh risk/reward is so lopsided in favor of reward. People bitchin about like a 0.001% increased chance of cancer for the 2 or 3 years while on HGH, and basically gatekeep poor kids from feeling normal. fk those people and those doctors that don't prescribe to short kids who suffer

User requested self-ban.

deletedaccount

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 10:49:54 PM »

I went to an endo over a year ago (and two more later) when I was 16 and they were remarkably useless, she outright denied I was short (I measured 166.5 / 5ft 5.5 there so either I grew or a mismeasurement - probably the latter) and recommended me a psychiatrist and all of them refused it and said I would grow 1 cm max and probably nothing with my bone age of 17 (now 18 and change) and have horrible joint problems and blah balh blah

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 10:54:02 PM »

I went to an endo over a year ago (and two more later) and they were remarkably useless, she outright denied I was short (I measured 166.5 / 5ft 5.5 there so either I grew or a mismeasurement - probably the latter) and all of them refused it and said I would grow 1 cm max with my bone age of 17 (now 18 and change) and have horrible joint problems and blah balh blah

Man that sucks. Maybe it would've actually gave you a cm, but still, it's really bad they pick and choose based on statistics. Like a 5th percentile height kid gets this   approved and then a 7th percentile kid gets hgh rejected because he's too tall.   like that infuriates me.

Tell that kid whos 5'2 that "you're short enough to get HGH!" And then tell that 5'3 kid that "oh sorry, you're above the cutoff. Tough luck in this life. Try next reincarnation." Arbitrary   like that. Honestly if the kid is having   self esteem because of height there's no reason not to give em it.

People say studies show in NORMAL kids that prescribing hgh to non deficient kids only results in 3 inches more.

Bro, 5'5 vs 5'8 is a HUGE difference. They act like those 3 extra inches won't change someone's life?

fking gatekeepin lookin ass's bitchess

User requested self-ban.

TallerVL

• Visitor
« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2020, 01:36:34 AM »

It’s mostly genetic. But I guess a healthy and nutritious diet during childhood helps a lot.
My dad: 163cm
My mom: 160cm
Me (female): 155cm :(

My friend’s dad: 165cm
Her mom: 160cm
Her: 166cm !!!

drxboom

« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2020, 09:25:56 AM »

If each person's health status and hormone values are normal, it is mostly genetic. However, diet and sleep patterns, sports, age in adolescence, depression affect sleep patterns, but yes, mostly genetic
170cm goal 177 -178

Astronomy

« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2020, 08:56:46 AM »

No doubt.I think it's genetic  .
My dad:162cm or so
My mum:158cm.
Me:162cm-163cm

« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2020, 12:05:59 PM »

No doubt.I think it's genetic  .
My dad:162cm or so
My mum:158cm.
Me:162cm-163cm

Your mum isn't that short. Only 4-5cm shorter than you? Most men tower over their mothers by at least 10cm or more.

Astronomy

« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2020, 01:50:22 PM »

Your mum isn't that short. Only 4-5cm shorter than you? Most men tower over their mothers by at least 10cm or more.
It's obvious that I inherited my father's gene,so I said it was because of gene.My nutrition was all right.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2020, 03:51:59 PM »

Most men tower over their mothers by at least 10cm or more.

Not if your dad is only slightly taller than your mom.

SartBimpson

« Reply #52 on: November 23, 2020, 07:49:40 PM »

Genetics.

My mother's family is short. My maternal grandpa was 5' 5", my paternal grandpa was around that height as well.

Mother is 5' 3", father is 5' 9". I'm 5' 7".

My oldest brother did manage to outgrow my dad by an inch, but I suppose that's because he was breastfed more than me maybe, or it's just genetic recombination. He's about 10 years older than me though, and I could still be growing as I'm not near 25 years of age yet. Perhaps I've still got a shy inch or two in me.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #53 on: November 23, 2020, 08:08:36 PM »

Genetics but also played with roids in my teen years (14-15 y/o), mainly decaland depot.

Father is 1.73, mother is 1.65. Mother side: grandmother - 1.54, grandfather - 1.67, one uncle is 1.76 and the rest are below 1.70. Father side: grandmother - 1.67, grandfather - 1.71, aunt - 1.66. My siblings: older sister - 1.73, me - 1.78, brother - 1.79, sister - 1.67

Astronomy

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2020, 04:46:27 AM »

Not if your dad is only slightly taller than your mom.
I thought that was a part reason.
Actually My maternal grandpa is 163cm(But he is a little bit bowed but just a little bit.Maybe his maximum height was 165cm) and grandma is 150-cm(She is very short cuz before I graduated to Junior 2,when she passed away,I was 140-150cm tall then and I could still even look upon her).My uncle is 154-155cm or so(Shorter than my 156-158cm tall mother).But I dunno why my maternal females families are not short at all cuz their avegage height is 158-160cm but male families are short.In addition my paternal grandma and my father's elder sister are below 150cm and 140-145cm tall.My father is 162cm tall and my father's elder brother is 162cm too.

184dream

« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2020, 06:39:11 AM »

Remember you could get the ht of your father or your mother plus 12 to 16 cm are you measuring it right for me i got my father which is 5.7 if i got my mother i will be 6 foot like both of my brothers

184dream

« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2020, 07:33:01 PM »

you are my twin you start you puperty early becauz you get you mothers height

184dream

« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2020, 07:44:16 PM »

i swear there is nothing called early sprut even though when i was 12 i was the tallest yeah the tallest in my school so that i will lean and go back to the back of the row to hide my ht i considerd it a curse back then stoped growing sadly
but here is the thing my brother had the same genetic sprut he is now 182 me 172 . pretty stupid to see you younger 12 yr  brother bigger than  you even though i got my dads height

Ronman

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2020, 01:42:11 PM »

Genetics mainly

Dad is 5'7 Mum is 4'11
Grandfathers are 5'6 and 5'4
Sister is 5'1

I was a tiny baby. I was in the 2nd percentile or something. They predicted my height at birth to be 5'2

I did ok to get to get to 5'8 and a half to be honest. 5'9 and a bit, or 176cm was probably the absolute maximum I could've been

Astronomy

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2021, 10:32:18 AM »

I'm an SGA ((premature baby of one kind who not only was born earlier than normal babies but also my build is far smaller)cuz during pregnancy duration my mother didn't eat and drink enough cuz of poverty,and I didn't take in adequate nutritions(cuz the only food I can take in is my mother's breast milk)before 2 y.o to catch up peers' weights and heights.The ending is that of course my height ended below 5 percentile of millenials' average height.

YungGud

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2021, 10:38:36 AM »

Thats so sad and crazy have a 12 years old brother who is taller than you by that much...I can understand if he was 14 or years old but 12 and 182..Just mad
That easily can make you insecured
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

Bjoern77

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2021, 11:57:05 AM »

My father is 184 cm
My mother is 162 cm

I am 175cm... bad luck... hmmm.

I was a late bloomer, entered puberty late.

I had a broken arm as a kid (when I was 5)

My upbringing was "complicated"... lots of stress, divorce etc.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up