Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu  (Read 20701 times)

Jamesy998

Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu
« on: December 27, 2020, 12:22:01 PM »

Hi Everyone, I will start by saying that I had wanted to get this surgery done for two years now and I will be as honest as I possibly can with my diary without any promotions or hidden pains in my diary, I will say it as it is.

My starting height: 163
Weight: 63kg
Caucasian male age 22

My goal is as much as my body will safely allow.

Day one, Surgery was on 23/12/2020 at 1:30pm. Before this they got my x-ray and also took my bloods,ect. I will be staying in Istanbul for the entire duration of the lengthening period. I have rented out a decent enough 1 bedroom apartment and the landlord is also quite friendly.
Anyway, as I was being brought into the surgery room I was thinking of just telling them to cancel and leaving altogether but I still went ahead with it. My surgery took 3hrs and 20 minutes as Dr Buldu had said and as I came out the anaesthesia had me shaking like hell, I was more or less blacked out for a few hrs. Immediately after the surgery I was regretting everything, I don’t mind people knowing this but I was tearing up when I looked down at my broken legs asking myself if my life before LL was even that bad. The pain was there obviously, it is not agonising but more like 5/10 pain that is always there, did not go away for me, not even with pain killers.

24/12/2020 Second day I took my first steps with Dr. Buldu, progress was horrible I thought but a few steps after a surgery like this was something. As I sat laid back on my bed Dr. Halil assured me that everything had gone well despite my pessimistic view on the internet whole situation and that I would get better day by day. That day I stood up only once and practised other leg movements on my bed.

25/12/2020 - Easily the worst Christmas anyone can wish for, the pain did not go away all day. Personally for me it was 6/10 and even though I did try and get some sleep it was only for a moment until the pain woke me up again. Stood up twice that day and also had my catheter taken out and got given this bottle to leak in which was actually rather convenient and easy to use.

26/12/2020 - Better day out of the rest, I also went to take the number two as well and which was bloody exhausting, but the standing up afterwards is the hardest part as anyone doing LON Femurs can relate. I also walked much more and was feeling a little better than before, the regret was starting to fade away. I had a normal nights sleep also which helped rest my mind.

27/12/2020 - Today I woke in the worst possible mood. Having a nice dream does not help when you wake up a cripple who cannot even take a dump without assistance, I was gloomy all morning and got a bit teary every now and again too. Used the nurse button for some pain killers as the pain was still there, (just so you all know, literally no nurses can speak english here so use a translator for any conversation you want to have) I was especially down this morning because my Knee ROM was worse than yesterday which concerned me but it went back to like it was yesterday with a bit of walking and going to the toilet. Dr. Buldu came in earlier today and he was quite satisfied with my progress. Not as fast as some but nice and average he said. Tomorrow I get out to go home which is a relief because the hospital is over the top depressing. The food is terrible too, not in the country but the hospital.

I will get on with my day now watch a movie or two and update later tomorrow after my arrival home. I might not update as much because it is a long and depressing process.
LON method | Dr. Halil Buldu | 2021
Diary | http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=66007.0

Skyisthelimit

Re: Diary - LON Femurs Dr Halil Buldu
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 12:54:34 PM »

Hey there Jamesy998,
You are done with the first big step which was getting the surgery done. I’m glad to hear that everything went well. A lot of people seem to be getting the surgery done with Buldu nowadays. I saw in the LiveLifeTaller Insta that currently there are 7 other patients living together in a hotel that they normally recommend patients. Maybe you could get in contact with some of them to make the journey somewhat easier. I recall one of Buldu’s current patient is a member of the forum, and he also started a diary. His username is Frederico68 if I’m not mistaken. Maybe you could get in contact with him through the forum. I believe he provided his phone number as well. Although, he does seem to be very biased when it comes to dr. Buldu. I read that he because one of Buldu’s international patient advisors, which I found very peculiar and hilarious at the same time. One day you’re getting a surgery done and the other you get a job offer from your surgeon. I agree with renting a separate apartment than staying in a hotel which would probably end up being more expensive.
I have a few questions for whenever you have the time to answer:
- How did you establish contact with Buldu? Was it through his medical tourism company LiveLifeTaller or one of his international patient advisors?
- How much did you end up paying for only the surgery (without the hotel included). I recall they have a LON package which is €16.000 with a 10-day stay at a 3-4 stars hotel after the inital stau in the hospital.
- What do you think so far about Buldu and his team?
I really hope you decide to keep your diary updated for all of us here in the forum. I will be following your diary since Buldu is in my list of possible surgeons.
If you encounter any issues don’t hesitate on posting it here since there a lot of veterans and knowledgeable members in the forum. Wish you a great lengthening and remember you are not alone! Hang in there, bud!

Regards,
Sky

Jamesy998

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 01:04:00 PM »

Hi Sky,
Yeah the price is like you said and a bit more if we count the walker and small things like that. They do of course offer a hotel package with that too but I did not go for it as I had the apartment arranged before even arriving in Turkey. The cost would also include the hospital stay for you and the first few initial x-rays. But after the procedure the x-rays will run you €100 euro or so. Bare in mind they have mobile x-ray machines and they come to you so you do not even need to leave the house.

Buldu and his team are good. Dr. Buldu gives you his whatsapp and the man basically texts you 24/7 if you need anything. His team is quite generous too, they pick you up and drop you off home too whenever the need and support you as much as they can. I appreciate the support Sky, this is by far the most challenging time of my life and any little help is appreciated.

limbcllnea

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2020, 02:21:18 PM »

Hi Sky,
Yeah the price is like you said and a bit more if we count the walker and small things like that. They do of course offer a hotel package with that too but I did not go for it as I had the apartment arranged before even arriving in Turkey. The cost would also include the hospital stay for you and the first few initial x-rays. But after the procedure the x-rays will run you €100 euro or so. Bare in mind they have mobile x-ray machines and they come to you so you do not even need to leave the house.

You will get through this. Stay strong.

Also, I was wondering how much was the apartment that you arranged? Did you save a lot of money from that doing instead of the hotel or was it similar?

Jamesy998

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2020, 02:48:48 PM »

You will get through this. Stay strong.

Also, I was wondering how much was the apartment that you arranged? Did you save a lot of money from that doing instead of the hotel or was it similar?

Thanks for the kind words, yes I think so because for my apartment I am paying €250 euros per month and that includes wifi, landlord doing the laundry, landlord also arranged for the local market to deliver goods to my house and of course cleaning service. The hotel that that Dr. Buldus team have arranged would probably cost more but don’t quote me on that, am not certain. My relative is with me to support my recovery and I did not want to interact with anyone else during this process as you would imagine.

limbcllnea

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2020, 03:17:35 PM »

How is the food outside the hospital?

Do you just order food everyday or have someone cook?

Jamesy998

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2020, 03:29:50 PM »

My relative cooks the basics here and there. The Dairy products here are of high standard which is the most important part. The food is also relatively cheap depends where you shop, bigger supermarkets will cost you a lot more than smaller markets.

Jamesy998

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2020, 03:20:30 PM »

28/12/2020 - Monday evening as I type this. Today was the most challenging day so far. Past few days my knee ROM has not been 115 Degrees  not too far off the 90 mark but the pain was not too bad. I felt my body stopping me. My right knee area is more inflated so I have an ice pack on that, Dr said it is nothing serious as both legs are going to react differently and sometimes the left will be more painful than the right. My left leg bends about 5 degrees better than the right. I got my blood thinner done, routine checkup and I was about to be released. I was taken by livelifetaller team member, this guy is 190cm and built well, thank God for that because on my way back to my hotel there are quite a lot of steps in the front entrance which I would never be able to go up on my own. After leaving the car amd holding up traffic with my walker on that narrow street for about 4 minutes which felt like 30 minutes of embarrassment for me I got to the stairs. I had help from another passing civilian who was kind enough to help us virtually carry me up those stairs. At that point I felt like Hank from Breaking Bad when he is recovering and almost craps himself. Entering my apartment and lying on the bed felt better than sx at that point. Now I’m just typing this on my bed watching the Walking Dead. Bloody hell does it feel good to be out of hospital. I have been given a truck load of medication and blood thinners just in case but honestly I feel zero pain unless I am walking or trying to bend my knee so I guess that is good. Dr. Buldu checks up on his patients at their apartments every week which I’m sure many doctors out there would not bother doing.

I feel a bit better today, smiled for the first time in 6 days. Anyone considering leg lengthening out there. Unless you literally despise you’re height and cannot live with it, DO NOT get this surgery. I was an absolute fool believing it would be a breeze walking in like a schmuck later finding out that it is a mountain to climb.

Good Evening to anyone reading. I will update as soon as some progress is made.

Ciao

asian

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 03:36:52 PM »

Hi Jamesy998,  Thanks for sharing your journey! The first few weeks are the most difficult, you'll be getting better soon.
Femurs Stryde 8cm with Giotikas September 2020
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65588.0

Jamesy998

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 03:38:56 PM »

Thanks mate, it honestly means alot!

BelowTheMean

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 03:53:20 PM »

I think you'll find that things get better over the next few weeks as you gain more function back in your legs. Good luck with your journey and keep the end goal in mind!
Stryde Femurs - Debiparshad - Nov 2020
Nail Removal - Downey - Apr 2022
Journal (169cm -> 177cm) http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65617

Current Status: Recovered, moving on

Jamesy998

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2020, 07:02:35 PM »

I think you'll find that things get better over the next few weeks as you gain more function back in your legs. Good luck with your journey and keep the end goal in mind!

Cheers for the support mate, I just hope this right knee settles.

Apollo676

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2020, 09:03:43 PM »

Hey man,best wishes for your recovery,i'm 25,165cm,and i'm seriously considering this operation,though the cost is really what is stopping me,Buldu is like 16k,and maybe 20k at most if i would stay in Istanbul for recovery,but i read mixed reviews about Turkish doctors,especially the wannabetaller team which crippled some guys apparently,i hope Buldu will make a good job on you,i read two diaries here on the forum about him,and they looked alright,hopefully it will turn out great for you,what is your final goal about your future height ?

Jamesy998

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2020, 09:22:27 PM »

Hey man,best wishes for your recovery,i'm 25,165cm,and i'm seriously considering this operation,though the cost is really what is stopping me,Buldu is like 16k,and maybe 20k at most if i would stay in Istanbul for recovery,but i read mixed reviews about Turkish doctors,especially the wannabetaller team which crippled some guys apparently,i hope Buldu will make a good job on you,i read two diaries here on the forum about him,and they looked alright,hopefully it will turn out great for you,what is your final goal about your future height ?

I will post my X-Ray when I get the time. Dr. Buldus bone cut was 100% accurate, could not ask for a better procedure. Everything was done great on his half, the rest is up to my motivation and my body. I cannot speak on behalf of other doctors in Istanbul but Dr. Buldu has not cripple a single patient. Sure, there have been some major hard recoveries here and there mostly the fault of the patient but everyone has got back up on the feet at the end.

Apollo676

« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2020, 09:31:56 PM »

Looks tempting,16k euros is really a serious advantage over other doctors,all my researches led me to Dr.Giotikas in Greece,he looks professionnal but he's only doing stryde of femurs,but 50k is a whole other budget,what's your height target ?

Jamesy998

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2020, 09:34:19 PM »

Looks tempting,16k euros is really a serious advantage over other doctors,all my researches led me to Dr.Giotikas in Greece,he looks professionnal but he's only doing stryde of femurs,but 50k is a whole other budget,what's your height target ?

If you can I would save up for stryde, not just internals. External femurs limits you in many aspects, I can barely scratch my a$$ haha

Apollo676

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2020, 09:37:31 PM »

lol 16k is realistic,50k man,that's just absurd,even if i could save 50k i don't think i'm going to spend it all just for this,i don't mind the pain or even the discomfort,for like 3 months if it can spare 30k in the process,but from what i heard lon of femurs is not very optimal

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2020, 10:39:31 AM »

lol 16k is realistic,50k man,that's just absurd,even if i could save 50k i don't think i'm going to spend it all just for this,i don't mind the pain or even the discomfort,for like 3 months if it can spare 30k in the process,but from what i heard lon of femurs is not very optimal

What about recovery? Some of us only want one surgery and recover as optimally and as fast as possible. We've seen people jogging 4 month post of with Stryde, sprinting 6 months post op.

As you can imagine by reading the op's diary, getting back from being crippled is very huge for your mental health. Imagine still limping around after 1 year post op? But hey! You saved 50k right??

Jamesy998

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2020, 11:01:17 AM »

What about recovery? Some of us only want one surgery and recover as optimally and as fast as possible. We've seen people jogging 4 month post of with Stryde, sprinting 6 months post op.

As you can imagine by reading the op's diary, getting back from being crippled is very huge for your mental health. Imagine still limping around after 1 year post op? But hey! You saved 50k right??

Dr. Buldus patient who did 10cm on his femurs is running, jumping and sprinting after 11 months. 11 months from first surgery and not removal of fixators. This guy came by to see everyone and demonstrated everything in front of us, he is now lengthening his tibias.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2020, 11:17:41 AM »

Dr. Buldus patient who did 10cm on his femurs is running, jumping and sprinting after 11 months. 11 months from first surgery and not removal of fixators. This guy came by to see everyone and demonstrated everything in front of us, he is now lengthening his tibias.
If you’re talking about David, he did 9.5cm. I think you’re getting the fixators and nails confused. He did remove the fixators, but not the nails. This is the link to his athletic demonstration after 11 months. https://www.instagram.com/tv/CIvTwFNHirm/?igshid=asogsp5vr5n1
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 11:50:23 AM by Skyisthelimit »

Tokito_Ohma

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2020, 11:47:26 AM »

Well, I already know about this guys, perhaps David is the exception and not the rule. After extensive research, most people simply recover much faster on Stryde and that's the truth. Just read 5  random femur Stryde diaries vs 5 femur LON diaries and compare them side by side. (I myself was considering LON instead of Stryde for economical reasons, but I will now delay a few months for Stryde).

Nevertheless this is just my opinion and I wish you the absolute best in your distraction and recovery

Jamesy998

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2020, 11:51:03 AM »

Well, I already know about this guys, perhaps David is the exception and not the rule. After extensive research, most people simply recover much faster on Stryde and that's the truth. Just read 5  random femur Stryde diaries vs 5 femur LON diaries and compare them side by side. (I myself was considering LON instead of Stryde for economical reasons, but I will now delay a few months for Stryde).

Nevertheless this is just my opinion and I wish you the absolute best in your distraction and recovery

No doubt the wait is much more worth it then massive fixators on you’re legs, especially if you are on the younger side.

Jamesy998

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2020, 11:54:01 AM »

This is my pictures one day post op. The blue marker is where the bone was cut.

https://ibb.co/JR9Ctnx
https://ibb.co/FxsRW1m
https://ibb.co/Ht7npSH

Jamesy998

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2020, 11:58:11 AM »

These are my X-Rays. I start lengthening tomorrow at 6am.

https://ibb.co/TvJyj98
https://ibb.co/88j1j65

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2020, 11:59:25 AM »

Thank you for the pictures, Jamesy!! The diary really comes to life with pictures and videos in it!

Jamesy998

« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2020, 12:02:02 PM »

more

« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2020, 12:06:03 PM »

Your approach for nail insertion is time saving for dr. but bad for you

Jamesy998

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »

Below are the vitamins I am taking including the 2 drops of devit 3 every 14 days. My favorite pain killer would be the Novalgin which is not addictive and relieves the minor pains I have during the day. Coraspin once a day as the blood thinner, dolorex is good for pain but I do not use it as it is bad for bone healing, and the contramal is a very strong pain killer so unless I am in a lot of pain I will try not to use that as much as I can.

https://ibb.co/kMs23kR

Apollo676

« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2020, 06:24:18 PM »

Of course,but 50k surgery is impossible for many,and will take years of saving to get there,16-20k on the other hand,it's feasible,that's why i'm here,Lon method is still the most used method in the world,and though of course stryde will always be better,i believe Lon method with an experienced surgeon can still be a good way,my choice is for the moment Dr Giotikas for stryde,but in the meantime ( probably several years ),i'm considering every possibility,just imagine for a sec,if this Buldu doc is capable,i could realize my dream in the coming 6 months,with stryde method i would probably be waiting 5 years or more,it's worth considering

Apollo676

« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2020, 06:26:11 PM »

Be brave man,keep your goal in mind,3 months and it will be worthwhile in the long run,you're already in,can't go back now :)

fritz

• Visitor
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2020, 08:08:32 PM »

Hi Jamesy998, firstly good luck with your process! I wanted to ask if there's already a few mm gap right after the surgery? I mean, do you actually gain 1-2 mm during the surgery? It seems like that at your X-Rays.   
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up