Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Limb Lengthening at 180cm  (Read 2484 times)

BeyondAverage

Re: Limb Lengthening at 180cm
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2022, 11:22:59 PM »

Basketball is definitely a concern. Your knee strength will decline certain degrees no matter how much you lengthen.. I think, at least beyond 3cm any segment -as a personal gauge. The side to side movement in basketball is extreme on the knees. If I were you I'd consider skipping this surgery.

From your experience, was lengthening significantly more painful or difficult after the first 3cm’s?
Starting height: 180cm

Goal height: 191cm

BeyondAverage

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2022, 11:25:40 PM »

Haha nice catch. I live in the US permanently now. So yes, I do personally feel tall - for me - in the US. No one here would say I'm tall for sure. But what's more important is that I'm fulfilled with myself. This is the true goal that I think any LLers should aim to reach if you undergo this very brutal process.

I consider you tall now too. I have Asian male friends and I believe they’re around 5’6 or 5’7.

You’re taller than all of them now.

motoboarder

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2022, 11:36:24 PM »

From your experience, was lengthening significantly more painful or difficult after the first 3cm’s?

Post 3cm: more painful - no; difficult - there're different aspects of difficulty.

For me, it's more painful during 2w period following a surgery. After that, I don't have this extreme discomfort during lengthening. What I felt instead was a long-dragging exhaustion on the legs. If I'd try to explain it to you.. it's like if you had to do intensive jogging/running 30min every 2-3h for the whole day. I guess that's how it would feel like? The tiredness is caused by your muscles constantly elongated every day. So you have to keep up with stretching. Stretching exercises during LL also make you tired. Lack of normal sleep hours at night is non-negotiable. Cognitive tasks is a big NO, at least for the first 1 to 1.5 month after surgery. After that you can manage, but I don't recommend.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

motoboarder

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2022, 11:53:05 PM »

I consider you tall now too. I have Asian male friends and I believe they’re around 5’6 or 5’7.

You’re taller than all of them now.

Thanks.. but man, not really. My point is, we're only happy with our height truly when we stop comparing it to others'. I go out these days, in the US, and in any circumstances, there're always a handful number of guys taller than me, sometimes even girls. But I'm more comfortable walking/standing close to them. Why? Because now I feel my height is closer to the standard of "tall" or "not short", even in the US.

LL is a surgery to eliminate the psychology disorder of height depression. It's not a height booster. Anyone of us here wether doing LL or not, you're still gonna be shorter than someone else. Greed will always leave us in unhappy state of mind. Stop comparing gives us the true happiness.
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

1team

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2022, 11:59:19 PM »

Hi OP I would say yes go for it but have a few questions to better help answer.

How old are you? How much money and time have you put aside to do this? Are you fine with your family/friends possibly finding out you've done limb lengthening? Where are you planning on doing the surgery?

Saying how tall you'd like to be is the easy part once the planning comes into it many bail as they realise how intense both physically/timewise and costly this surgery is.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2022, 12:13:03 AM »

Hi OP I would say yes go for it but have a few questions to better help answer.

How old are you? How much money and time have you put aside to do this? Are you fine with your family/friends possibly finding out you've done limb lengthening? Where are you planning on doing the surgery?

Saying how tall you'd like to be is the easy part once the planning comes into it many bail as they realise how intense both physically/timewise and costly this surgery is.

I’m in my late 20’s. I have converted into American around 30,000 US in savings.

I can do my job remotely if it’s possible after surgery.

I am worried about my girlfriend finding out. She might not understand the personal reasons I’d do this for. We also already have a large height gap, 150cm to 180cm. I’m okay with being taller but I don’t know how she feels about it.

Possibly Vietnam or India? Close to Australia and affordable. But I don’t know if the surgeons are okay?

google42

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2022, 12:19:20 AM »

I’m in my late 20’s. I have converted into American around 30,000 US in savings.

I am worried about my girlfriend finding out. She might not understand the personal reasons I’d do this for. We also already have a large height gap, 150cm to 180cm. I’m okay with being taller but I don’t know how she feels about it.

Possibly Vietnam? Close it Australia and affordable.

I think you will have to find some way to ease your way into bringing this up with your girlfriend, but the height difference between you and her is already  big so theres a chance she may not notice after lengthening lol. I think it would still be a better idea to talk to her about it.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2022, 12:24:06 AM »

I think you will have to find some way to ease your way into bringing this up with your girlfriend, but the height difference between you and her is already  big so theres a chance she may not notice after lengthening lol. I think it would still be a better idea to talk to her about it.

I think she is going to be like… Do what you want.

Until she realises how long I’d be gone for. Then she will most likely dump me for choosing to be taller over being with her.

1team

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2022, 12:31:50 AM »

Possibly Vietnam or India? Close to Australia and affordable. But I don’t know if the surgeons are okay?

Only femurs you can afford are external lon which most surgeons don't recommend. I think you should do tibias first and then see how you feel. Are you planning to stay in Vietnam for several months while lengthening or return to Australia and complete lengthening there?

The other issue I think you will face compare to guys 170cm and shorter is motivation when lengthening/recovery gets difficult. Shorter guys are facing actual discrimination whereas yours is not being noted as tall like you used to be. This part is subjective but something you need to consider.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2022, 12:40:58 AM »

Only femurs you can afford are external lon which most surgeons don't recommend. I think you should do tibias first and then see how you feel. Are you planning to stay in Vietnam for several months while lengthening or return to Australia and complete lengthening there?

The other issue I think you will face compare to guys 170cm and shorter is motivation when lengthening/recovery gets difficult. Shorter guys are facing actual discrimination whereas yours is not being noted as tall like you used to be. This part is subjective but something you need to consider.

Why is external lengthening over tibias commonplace but external over femurs is not recommended?

Isn’t the femur the better bone to lengthen because it’s longer and stronger?

Sorry, I’m new to LL.

Good idea to do one segment first, I agree. Is $30000 enough for Vietnam or India?

I do concede that I want to do this mostly out of the extra recognition I got before when I was the tallest. I think I will need to fight harder than those doing it to be treated equally.

Taweel

« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2022, 12:43:42 AM »

Thanks.. but man, not really. My point is, we're only happy with our height truly when we stop comparing it to others'. I go out these days, in the US, and in any circumstances, there're always a handful number of guys taller than me, sometimes even girls. But I'm more comfortable walking/standing close to them. Why? Because now I feel my height is closer to the standard of "tall" or "not short", even in the US.

LL is a surgery to eliminate the psychology disorder of height depression. It's not a height booster. Anyone of us here wether doing LL or not, you're still gonna be shorter than someone else. Greed will always leave us in unhappy state of mind. Stop comparing gives us the true happiness.
But it’s also a very big height booster,no?
It’s resolve the psychology disorder ,yes, it’s also a biiig height booster,no?

motoboarder

« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2022, 01:16:27 AM »

But it’s also a very big height booster,no?
It’s resolve the psychology disorder ,yes, it’s also a biiig height booster,no?

[sigh].. sure, your take

1team

« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2022, 01:24:33 AM »

Why is external lengthening over tibias commonplace but external over femurs is not recommended?

Isn’t the femur the better bone to lengthen because it’s longer and stronger?

Sorry, I’m new to LL.

Good idea to do one segment first, I agree. Is $30000 enough for Vietnam or India?

I do concede that I want to do this mostly out of the extra recognition I got before when I was the tallest. I think I will need to fight harder than those doing it to be treated equally.

When did you find out about LL surgery?
Since you haven't researched the basics such as the various methods of LL let alone costings I think you need to take a step back and do a lot of reading before any further discussion on you getting it done so you have an actual idea of what your getting into.

motoboarder

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2022, 01:40:28 AM »

Agreed. @OP, I suggest you go through existing diaries to digest and compare. Before surgery, I spent weeks of research from this forum, collected appeared-to-be-legit patients' diaries, then drew metrics from there. There're scores of metrics: their age, muscles flexibility, LL methods, $$ spent, what doctors, time spent for lengthening, time spent for consolidation, time spent until walking w/ crutches, time spent until 1st step of walking unaided, time spent until acceptable/unnoticeable gait, overall mentality impact rating along the whole journey, etc. When you have all in front of you, you'll have much clearer ideas of what you want, each with pros/cons.

HeightGain

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2022, 09:13:17 AM »

You're lower end of average. For this forum you are tall, but in the real world, amongst the wealthy, educated, Caucasian population you are not. At 190cm you will not be the tallest in this population. You might be part of a different demographic and tall amongst them.

You don't have enough savings to get this surgery, especially two segments. I would re evaluate what you really want to get from this surgery

BeyondAverage

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2022, 09:30:44 AM »

You're lower end of average. For this forum you are tall, but in the real world, amongst the wealthy, educated, Caucasian population you are not. At 190cm you will not be the tallest in this population. You might be part of a different demographic and tall amongst them.

You don't have enough savings to get this surgery, especially two segments. I would re evaluate what you really want to get from this surgery

I’m from a wealthy Caucasian country and most of my friends are young. I stand right amongst them if not on the higher end of average with my friends. I can also attest to this walking in the malls.

You honestly don’t see many people 6’3 or taller. 6’1 to 6’2 maybe, but not 6’3+

I honestly think your assessment is completely wrong.

As for my savings, I can get more. But looking at this forum and the internet today, it looks like I can go to vietnam or India for the first segment and during that lengthening period I can work and save up for the second segment.

HeightGain

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2022, 07:40:48 PM »

I think it depends on where you are. Where I am 190cm is common. This is a wealth part of a wealthy country. I'm your height and often called short. If 190cm is tall for where you live then it might be worth it.

196 and above gets recognised as tall, but that's it, just as tall. Not as a good partner, hot or masculine. It helps, but if you're struggling to save up in a short time the money needed to go to Europe for surgery then I would say improving your career would have more impact.

balme

« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2022, 10:13:51 PM »

I think it depends on where you are. Where I am 190cm is common. This is a wealth part of a wealthy country. I'm your height and often called short. If 190cm is tall for where you live then it might be worth it.

196 and above gets recognised as tall, but that's it, just as tall. Not as a good partner, hot or masculine. It helps, but if you're struggling to save up in a short time the money needed to go to Europe for surgery then I would say improving your career would have more impact.

i travel the world, especially wealthy white countries, including tallest ones. i've never ever seen 190 is common or 196 is the starting height considered tall.
please tell me where you live bro? i don't understand why you exaggerate on an insane level.

HeightGain

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2022, 12:47:53 PM »

Have you worked in rich white areas in high end jobs where people are from the best backgrounds and best education? Comparing travelling to these countries to actually working in these environments is completely different. I can go into the neighbouring, deprived, area and I am above average

Rich people have good nutrition. Tall people become richer on average and get more top job opportunities.

This forum is very biased. There are a few coders but generally few doctors, lawyers and bankers - people with top jobs.

I live in one of the wealthiest areas in a very wealthy city where people have all gone to Harvard equivalents.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2022, 01:01:09 PM »

i travel the world, especially wealthy white countries, including tallest ones. i've never ever seen 190 is common or 196 is the starting height considered tall.
please tell me where you live bro? i don't understand why you exaggerate on an insane level.

HeightGain is definitely insane

190 isn’t common anywhere

I travel too and I work in CBD of a wealthy city. 180 is a bit above average and 190 is rare. Anyone taller standouts a lot.

You’re correct when you say he exaggerates to an insane level.

And his latest comments make it sound like he thinks we never leave our homes?

balme

« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2022, 01:19:49 PM »

HeightGain is definitely insane

190 isn’t common anywhere

I travel too and I work in CBD of a wealthy city. 180 is a bit above average and 190 is rare. Anyone taller standouts a lot.

You’re correct when you say he exaggerates to an insane level.

And his latest comments make it sound like he thinks we never leave our homes?

I'm not trying to attack anyone but, he sounds a lot like incel forum type of a person. Strangely, i've seen many comments lately like that. And yeah, you are right.

HeightGain

« Reply #52 on: September 14, 2022, 06:37:06 PM »

Think what you like. I've said many times, you've got to be comfortable in your own environment. I'm just stating what is in my environment. Obviously, a proof of a negative is impossible in this context but never mind

If you're struggling to save more than 30k you are not working in the same environment I am.

Someone from a rich country considering going to Vietnam or India when they don't consider themselves short for their environment. That's insane

motoboarder

« Reply #53 on: September 14, 2022, 07:40:42 PM »

If you're struggling to save more than 30k you are not working in the same environment I am.

Not my discussion, just my 2c, but you sound a bit classist right here. I think the oppositions were about asking you to give facts of what regions do you observe people with 190cm+ height to be normal. You yourself drew correlation between being rich and being tall, rather a very odd one in its own. Instead of degrading people with how much $$ they implied to have, can you focus on answering the original question? aka. what specific regions did you claim having normal people at 190cm+ height?

Siegfried

« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2022, 08:11:55 PM »

1.90 is not common anywhere in the world. And 1.80 is definitely not seen as short anywhere. I’m from Germany, a country which has a high average height.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

BeyondAverage

« Reply #55 on: September 14, 2022, 09:53:28 PM »

Who said I’m struggling to save 30k?

I barely discovered limb lengthening a week ago… I haven’t been saving for it.

30k is just what I already had tucked away, and not including my mortgage offset account I don’t want to touch…

Also why is considering India or Vietnam insane?

I’ve read diaries where people have had great results with Dr Parihar and Dr Quynh.

Are you racist and consider any doctor outside of Europe or America inferior?

Considering I live in Australia and India and Asia is closest to me, these options make perfect sense.

And as other users have responded, you have not provided any evidence regarding your height speculations.

Cheers.

lessthanavg8300

« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2022, 05:50:51 PM »

I'm trying to sympathize but I think this is just ridiculous.  You dont want to be equal you want to be better than everyone else.  I think the mentality of needing to dominate instead of co-exist with other humans is your issue.  If you want to be competitive then focus on other areas of success that dont land you in a hospital and risking permanent body damage.
Gained 3.2CM on femurs for a final height of 5'8.5-5'8.75.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2022, 01:24:26 PM »

I'm trying to sympathize but I think this is just ridiculous.  You dont want to be equal you want to be better than everyone else.  I think the mentality of needing to dominate instead of co-exist with other humans is your issue.  If you want to be competitive then focus on other areas of success that dont land you in a hospital and risking permanent body damage.

Domination is the wrong word. I don’t want to put anyone down while I lift myself up.

I just want to the best version of myself I possibly can be.

Improve myself in all areas. Why skip over height when there’s a method available?

And every surgery has risks not just limb lengthening, and not just for me. Everyone on this forum is taking a risk.

1team

« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2022, 01:50:44 PM »

Domination is the wrong word. I don’t want to put anyone down while I lift myself up.

I just want to the best version of myself I possibly can be.

Improve myself in all areas. Why skip over height when there’s a method available?

And every surgery has risks not just limb lengthening, and not just for me. Everyone on this forum is taking a risk.

First of all everyone should be able to do whatever surgeries they want but I think you misinterpreted him.

I think what he was getting at is it bothered you to see your friends catch up to you in height and even though you are currently above average you still want to be seen as the taller one.

For you other point about everyone taking a risk that is true. The difference is that 165cm guy has much better risk/reward ratio than you at 180cm. It's similar to how a 20 year old gains far more from this surgery as they get to enjoy their height while it matters most, their youth. Compared to say those 30 and older where most people are coupled up and in careers by then.

informationispower

« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2022, 02:09:39 PM »

First of all everyone should be able to do whatever surgeries they want but I think you misinterpreted him.

I think what he was getting at is it bothered you to see your friends catch up to you in height and even though you are currently above average you still want to be seen as the taller one.

For you other point about everyone taking a risk that is true. The difference is that 165cm guy has much better risk/reward ratio than you at 180cm. It's similar to how a 20 year old gains far more from this surgery as they get to enjoy their height while it matters most, their youth. Compared to say those 30 and older where most people are coupled up and in careers by then.

I agree with you about the risk/reward thing when it comes to starting height but not to age. A man at 30 or 40 can still enjoy the benefits of this surgery as muchbas a 20 years kid can. If we are talking about enjoying slerping with random girls of the ages between 20-30, a 30 years old has much highier chances than a 24 years old (this is my experience)

Hatch

« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2022, 02:33:42 PM »

I agree with you about the risk/reward thing when it comes to starting height but not to age. A man at 30 or 40 can still enjoy the benefits of this surgery as muchbas a 20 years kid can. If we are talking about enjoying slerping with random girls of the ages between 20-30, a 30 years old has much highier chances than a 24 years old (this is my experience)

I totally agree. Age is not so big problem for men than for women. I see all the time tall handsome men (who are way older than me) with young beautiful women. Man can easily get 10-20 yrs younger women, if he is tall and handsome. And for many women height is number 1 thing. If you are short, better look like Tom Cruise if you want lot of one night stands with hot women.

BeyondAverage

« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2022, 02:48:55 PM »

The difference is that 165cm guy has much better risk/reward ratio than you at 180cm.
I’d argue the risk/reward ratio is better for me.

I’m taking a lot less risk but my limbs are already longer. For example, me lengthening 5cm on my tibias is less riskier than someone with shorter tibias doing the same.

I’m happily in a relationship (even discussing engagement and marriage) so not doing this to for girls, but I’d say the dating benefit of going from below average height to average, or average to tall is about equal.

Going to average height your height is no longer seen as a negative but also not anything special, going to tall your height is going from not a factor to a positive.

The benefit shifts the same amount.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up