Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley  (Read 240304 times)

TwinMusicom

Re: Installing height- Programdude's Precice 2 Internal femurs with Dr. Paley
« Reply #620 on: October 22, 2019, 07:15:30 AM »

Hi bodybuilder,

Do you think pain may persist even after the lengthening stage ? Although my pain is 1 or 2/10 at the most, I would not like to have it after the lengthening phase!

Maybe as a word of advice to others, I have noticed pain goes away when I exercise my leg. The problem is that I work in the mornings  and waking up in the middle of the night to exercise my leg is not very nice, I guess this is some of the extra price you need to pay should you wanna be taller.

Thanks!!

What exercises did you find most helpful? What are your thoughts on walking with a walker/cane vs stationary bike? I guess a bike is harder to get onto / more risk of falling if you have a pain spasm

programdude

« Reply #621 on: January 31, 2020, 05:56:19 PM »

It's really fantastic your height dysphoria is 100% cured!

It's interesting how this plays out sometimes.
Sometimes a 5'3 guy lengthens to 5'6 and ends up 100% cured of height dysphoria.
Maybe a 5'11 guy with alot of tall people in in his life lengthens to 6 feet and ends up 100% cured of height dysphoria.
Or a 5'3 guy lengthens to 5'6 and feels better but is still not quite happy.

There's maybe one or two people on this forum who are, deep inside, wishing they could compete with 6'-6'3 handsome guys at night clubs - people who feel the brunt of the emotions associated with this inequality are completely screwed I think.  In 2019, we have no means to get the vast majority of people anywhere near that territory and it really fks people over when their life experiences cause them to compare themselves to such lucky men. An unwinnable fight. Good to hear that you are 100% free of body image issues.

What is something you would recommend people buy to help make the lengthening process a bit more convenient aside from walkers/wheelchairs/standard stuff? Ex: some people said that buying body wipes was convenient for when they wanted to clean themselves without walking to the bathroom.

In terms of convenience, having any and all medications you might need, like zzzquill on hand is ideal since its not fun needing to make a trip to the store. Other than that, friends, and entertainment are both things that will go a long way in helping with the process.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

Dreamer57

« Reply #622 on: February 04, 2020, 06:35:51 AM »

In terms of convenience, having any and all medications you might need, like zzzquill on hand is ideal since its not fun needing to make a trip to the store. Other than that, friends, and entertainment are both things that will go a long way in helping with the process.

Current status???

Froggy

• Visitor
« Reply #623 on: September 14, 2020, 06:40:04 AM »

Thanks for the awesome diary, programdude.

Your writing is really good, full of details and crisp!

My biggest concern is scars right now as I look to pursue LL surgery with Dr. Paley.
After a few years, have the scars become largely unnoticeable or are they still quite conspicuous?

Jackieeechan

« Reply #624 on: October 22, 2020, 05:08:14 PM »

Current status please.

GodsGrace

Hey ProgramDude,

I read your complete diary and wow what a journey it was. I am happy that your out of your body image issues and thanks for your contribution to this forum and for future LLers. Hope everything is well with you and you are enjoying your life.

I have been saving up money for last 7 years and finally have taken the first step to have my appointment with Paley on 3rd and 4th of August. I have been reading many diaries so far and I will make sure to contribute to this forum from my end when my journey starts.
Male: 35 to 40
Old Height: 158 cms, New Height: 168 cms
Lengthened: 9.6 cms (Tibia - 3.9 cms, Femur - 5.7 cms)
Surgeries: Tibia - Jan-18-2022 & Femur -  Feb-03-2022
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67836.0

programdude

Thanks for the awesome diary, programdude.

Your writing is really good, full of details and crisp!

My biggest concern is scars right now as I look to pursue LL surgery with Dr. Paley.
After a few years, have the scars become largely unnoticeable or are they still quite conspicuous?
Glad you enjoyed the read! Writing is a passion of mine so I'm glad that could shine through despite the many pained/drugged up posts throughout the process.

My scars have significantly diminished, and keep in mind thats with additional surgeries that a totally smooth LL process won't involve, and without me taking any measures to reduce the scars. Only one person has ever noticed my scars(one on my left glute to be specific), but they thought it was a bruise since thats essentially what it looks like.

If you have a mild amount of hair I think that'll cover them up for the most part, and when you're in shorts or swimming trunks you can't even see it. Someone scrutinizing you nked in bright light is really the only way I could see the scars being noticed.
Current status???
Good news- Although it took FAR too long, especially with COVID, I finally got the lower screws out of my leg. It was obvious to me that the radiating pain that particularly flared up was coming from a backed out screw, since the pain was localized and it poking out could be seen/felt. However, because the ER surgeon who had put the rod in when I had the fracture was seemingly unable to find my file I had to seek a new surgeon and despite getting X-Rays that showed an overtly backed out screw they needed those files regardless. I managed to get the needed to documents, and the kafkaesque process continued with many seemingly pointless appointments, an MRI, a COVID test before my surgery date which was cancelled, and another COVID test before my actual surgery.

As exhausting and demotivating as the process was, particularly with all the precautions taken since this was during the middle of the pandemic- The relief to my leg was immediate, and I could tell the issue was remedied even during the couple days of soreness that followed the surgery. I was so over appointments, and felt so good I cancelled my follow up appointment and haven't looked back.

EDIT: Damn, 220,018 views on this thread. I should have written a book!
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

programdude

Also, I have received a lot of messages over the years- I've responded to as many as I could but to anyone wanting to ask one please post questions here instead since its much easier to answer several at once in a quote reply- And because a lot of the questions asked are very similar so your question may serve to educate others as well.

Dreamer57

« Reply #628 on: August 04, 2021, 07:03:34 PM »

Hey man! It's so great to hear from you again! We miss you I must say...

How are you? How is life?

Any updates about your legs and overall health?

How's your athletic ability?

Finally, how does it feel to be of the height that u always wanted to be!?

programdude

« Reply #629 on: November 03, 2022, 11:37:50 AM »

Heyo- Part of my not posting in awhile has been on account of things finally being in a good spot for me. I no longer even think of LL as something I've done unless the rare situation occurs where someone that knows I've done it brings it up.

After the removal of the screws holding in the nail that I had put in after my unfortunate fracture, I've been in great shape all around. I can do all exercises and feel very much aligned with where I would be without the surgery.

Particularly now, my legs have filled in well with muscle making for a proportionate look.

As far as how it feels- simply put- Great. This is why I straddle a fine line when it comes to the surgery. It is costly, and an immense commitment even if all goes well- But does deliver on exactly the desired outcome. My proportions and height both feel exactly "right"-Obviously this might not universally be true, but my heigh/proportion discontent was completely solved post op.

My only words of warning are to those who genuinely cannot afford it, are already hatching plans for more surgeries since one won't be enough, and who would be devastated if recovery took longer than expected.

Deletedaccount_67574

« Reply #630 on: November 03, 2022, 08:45:16 PM »

Hows ur athletic abilities? Would you mind sharing a running video if you could?

programdude

« Reply #631 on: November 08, 2022, 04:31:39 PM »

No videos sorry- But my athleticism is fine- I can work out legs hard without anything feeling amiss, other than my femurs being distinctly longer when doing squats. Things like walks and hikes are like before surgery. I was never a big sprinter/runner before this, so its hard to compare that, though as I've mentioned throughout this thread I would never expect to get back to 100% with sprints/high level sports.

Not that it isn't potentially possible, especially if you were actually training for it.

Keep in mind this recovery is with Paleys max femur lengthening and some serious complications. If you are lengthening less or dodge the complications I could only imagine even better results.

toyz

« Reply #632 on: November 08, 2022, 04:52:33 PM »

isnt 3 inch longer femur too visible when sitting on chair?

programdude

« Reply #633 on: November 15, 2022, 12:07:06 AM »

For some it might, but in my case due to long arms it actually looks more proportionate. I think the main time lengthened limbs will look weird is before muscle has filled back in. Once they do fill in you'd be surprised how normal they look, I can't even remember what my previous femurs looked like.

darthmaul

• Visitor
« Reply #634 on: December 02, 2022, 09:12:27 AM »

It's really a good diary, do you have any recent x-ray?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21]   Go Up