Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123727 times)

SimonFuller

Thanks, Man! Yep, doing PT 3 times a day right now and hoping to reach 7.5cm without to much trouble. We will see how it goes!
Congrats bro!

How are your proportions looking? Is that a variable factor when considering when you will stop?

InFullStryde

Congrats bro!

How are your proportions looking? Is that a variable factor when considering when you will stop?

Hi Simon, I'm really liking the longer legs.  Everything was proportioned nicely before and the longer legs is a nice touch for me.  Proportions of my legs/torso had no bearing on my height lengthening.   Great question because many are concerned about proportions.   Once I'm done with the difficulty of distraction this week; i'll start to work on a video and some pictures too. Hopefully this helps the community even more with their decisions on CLL. 

Talk soon, buddy.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

InFullStryde

Keep up the great work and go for the full 8cm man, that way you might be satisfied and won't have to do tibia like I'm going thru and suffering at the moment haha.

Ha - You're incredible man.  Going from 5'1 to a potential of 5'6/5'7 is heroic. You're my hero. I'm not kidding you.   AND yes! lol...will be going for every mm possible within a safe parameter.   Hopefully, I'm feeling okay with the height at this point; but you never know....May be back! lol.  Hope you're doing well man...You're making great progress.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

BeYourBest

Good to hear that you’re pain free atm! Keep pushing, not long left at all now.

And yep, dw too much about proportions - those long legs will look great!

Videos would be fantastic, man! I have already recorded myself walking currently (perhaps a year or two before I even do LL). Just so I can upload it in the future so maybe people can compare it to my post LL walking video  perhaps. Time will tell...

All the best man

wannagrowtaller

I'm waiting for the videos and pictures.
Go for it

InFullStryde

(Monday) Day 88 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[7 cm or 2.755 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

Today marks a big time milestone for me. I have reached 7cm! I am now just 5 mm away from my goal.  Today, I'm feeling pretty good.  My legs are feeling straight and my duck ass isn't pulling down on my back like it was before. Duck ass is actually loosening up and not noticeable when standing erect. The workouts continue to help.   I'm feeling tight; but it is a bearable feeling and I still feel that I should be able to reach my 3 inch goal of 7.5cm. Only 5 days or 5 millimeters to go.   At this point I am still working full time remote and I am doing PT sessions 2 to 3 times a day, typically 1 hour before I lengthen. I am lengthening 3 times a day at .33mm for a total 1 one mm a day.  Also, there is very limited to no pain.  Some soreness from time to time due to the soft tissue stretching; but its very bearable and the pain fades away pretty quickly as you stretch and warm up the muscle a bit more. Frankly, the 2nd and 3rd month of CLL for me has been quite smooth with little pain to endure, thankfully.   There isn't too much for me to say at this point; other than I'm going to keep going and finish strong. Only a week of this remains and I can call it quits and focus on my recovery.  I'm looking forward to the consolidation phase and feeling all my muscles start to loosen up and settle into my new bone. 

Thank you again for all your support and feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

-IFS
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 02:11:31 AM by InFullStryde »

Ghostfish

That is fantastic!! Congrats on gaining 7 cm!!  Only after 5 days, you will be 5.4 or more!!
Keep up the good work!

InFullStryde

That is fantastic!! Congrats on gaining 7 cm!!  Only after 5 days, you will be 5.4 or more!!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks, Man. Almost there.

SimonFuller

Hi Simon, I'm really liking the longer legs.  Everything was proportioned nicely before and the longer legs is a nice touch for me.  Proportions of my legs/torso had no bearing on my height lengthening.   Great question because many are concerned about proportions.   Once I'm done with the difficulty of distraction this week; i'll start to work on a video and some pictures too. Hopefully this helps the community even more with their decisions on CLL. 

Talk soon, buddy.

Hopefully?! It would be brilliant!

Great to hear that you are loving the longer legs.

wannagrowtaller

Congrats for your 7cm. You are almost there.
Go for it

YellowSpike

Congrats on reaching 7cm IFS!!!  Anything from here on out should be a bonus for you, but I have no doubt you can make it between 7.5 and 8cm. Then you'll never have to even THINK about doing LL again (or hopefully, lol).

ned_flanders

wtf... why are people egging him on to continue lengthening? These people whipped previous LLers into frenzy while they were doing mistakes. People like Crazy+6 were lied to by faceless cowards. 6-7 years later Crazy+6 is still a cripple.

you're a destroying your body. You should have stopped at 5-6 cm. Havent you learned from previous LLers that at this rate you will never be the same again. You have high chance of long-term issues. You will regret this! stop immediately. Recover, and in a year or two if you want more height do tibias, even if I dont recommend it. I dont know why you are doing this? you were 5'0 to begin with, yes very short. You are now 5'4. No matter what you do, your identity is as a short man. Limb lengthening such amount will only make you look like a "dwarf on stilts". Please think of LL as a way to enhance instead of radically change yourself.

Many of the so called diaries on this forum is made up of lies of success. In real life they struggle but don't admit it.
finished lengthening 5.5cm femur stryde 2019.
I am not sure if it was worth it :/

InFullStryde

I feel great. I look great.  I'll be back later today with next update.  5 more mm to go. I'll be fine at 7.5cm. Already walking and flexibility is okay.

« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 06:34:36 PM by InFullStryde »

ned_flanders

I feel great. I look great. I can't wait until next update. I'll be back later today with next update.  5 more CM to go. I'll be fine at 7.5cm. Already walking and flexibility is okay.

The songs name is Three little birds.
Mahboubian is the same guy who puts up billboards in california taunting short men to do something about their height.
No offense to his medical knowledge or ability but there is no research on old LL cases. From the limited research we know disturbing the 0.8 ratio between tibs and femurs increases risk of arthiritis.
Mahboubian is not gonna cure your pains if/when you suffer permanent pain later in life. He will be enjoying his money driving fancy cars and loving his body as it is.

Look, I have been on these forums for years. I am currently doing LL with Stryde. I am not here to mock you but please don't listen to these people. Its all a facade. I havent seen anyone lengthening 7cm who has recovered. People on this forum will say "yeah i did 8 cm, im back to 100%". You ask them to post video and then you will see legs spasm involuntarily due to nerve damage. People who barely manages to jump 20cm off ground and claim they play basketball. Or the infamous ShyShy, supposedly best recovery case, who is running amazing like he never did surgery according to everyone in that particular diary. Yet.. look closely.. his arms propels faster than Boeing 737. His legs unable to produce momentum. Its not running.. its pathetic.

TheW, being short is a handicap. But there are so many other aspects of a male that can overshadow the lack of height. Now as you have struggled with this neurosis and comitted to the surgery, dont make the wrong decision in the heat of the moment. You write that you lost your parents recently, its such big moments in life that can alter ones course for better or worse. There are people like Android on this forum who got dumped by his girlfriend. As response to this he rushed into LL in russia, cross-lengthening on rusty beds. Bed blood soaked. Please dont become like him.

You are supposed to live with your body atleast 50 more years! do you want to live in pain or live happily? Please listen to reason. Yes I may be the only one on this forum but have you ever met the other people here in real life? Its once you see them you will understand, they are not liek you. They may have done tons of cosmetic surgeries already. they may have aspberges, they may be deformed/ugly. These people believe height is everything and tries to radically change it, once they realize nothing changes they will move on to other surgeries.

The LL community is a deceit to a certain level.
Please start loving yourself and stop this madness now! if possible reverse to 6.5 or further. You can rebreak the the legs to extend at lower cost later too. Once you lengthen too much and soft tissue is stretched it cannot be shortened again easily.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 05:38:09 PM by ned_flanders »

YellowSpike

I havent seen anyone lengthening 7cm who has recovered. People on this forum will say "yeah i did 8 cm, im back to 100%". You ask them to post video and then you will see legs spasm involuntarily due to nerve damage.

I did 7.2/7.3cm, and can squat (with proper form, hitting parallel) almost 350 lbs, can deadlift 435 lbs, can run, swim, jump - all no issues. Granted, I had the surgery 4.5 years ago, so it took time. Rods (finally) removed this past fall, was normal one week after removal.

People do recover from this, my friend.

InFullStryde

The songs name is Three little birds.
Mahboubian is the same guy who puts up billboards in california taunting short men to do something about their height.
No offense to his medical knowledge or ability but there is no research on old LL cases. From the limited research we know disturbing the 0.8 ratio between tibs and femurs increases risk of arthiritis.
Mahboubian is not gonna cure your pains if/when you suffer permanent pain later in life. He will be enjoying his money driving fancy cars and loving his body as it is.

Look, I have been on these forums for years. I am currently doing LL with Stryde. I am not here to mock you but please don't listen to these people. Its all a facade. I havent seen anyone lengthening 7cm who has recovered. People on this forum will say "yeah i did 8 cm, im back to 100%". You ask them to post video and then you will see legs spasm involuntarily due to nerve damage. People who barely manages to jump 20cm off ground and claim they play basketball. Or the infamous ShyShy, supposedly best recovery case, who is running amazing like he never did surgery according to everyone in that particular diary. Yet.. look closely.. his arms propels faster than Boeing 737. His legs unable to produce momentum. Its not running.. its pathetic.

TheW, being short is a handicap. But there are so many other aspects of a male that can overshadow the lack of height. Now as you have struggled with this neurosis and comitted to the surgery, dont make the wrong decision in the heat of the moment. You write that you lost your parents recently, its such big moments in life that can alter ones course for better or worse. There are people like Android on this forum who got dumped by his girlfriend. As response to this he rushed into LL in russia, cross-lengthening on rusty beds. Bed blood soaked. Please dont become like him.

You are supposed to live with your body atleast 50 more years! do you want to live in pain or live happily? Please listen to reason. Yes I may be the only one on this forum but have you ever met the other people here in real life? Its once you see them you will understand, they are not liek you. They may have done tons of cosmetic surgeries already. they may have aspberges, they may be deformed/ugly. These people believe height is everything and tries to radically change it, once they realize nothing changes they will move on to other surgeries.

The LL community is a deceit to a certain level.
Please start loving yourself and stop this madness now! if possible reverse to 6.5 or further. You can rebreak the the legs to extend at lower cost later too. Once you lengthen too much and soft tissue is stretched it cannot be shortened again easily.

Live footage of IFS reaction:

ned_flanders

I did 7.2/7.3cm, and can squat (with proper form, hitting parallel) almost 350 lbs, can deadlift 435 lbs, can run, swim, jump - all no issues. Granted, I had the surgery 4.5 years ago, so it took time. Rods (finally) removed this past fall, was normal one week after removal.

yeah, great running/jumping video you posted... not.

The problem is everyone has their own definition of recovery. Some even say walking normal is full recovery for them as they dont 'play sports'.
Apo till this day claims he is fully recovered after 20cm lengthening, jesus.

Only way of judging is either meeting the person or videoes.

InFullStryde

Ned,

Anyways, appreciate your concern either way.  What doctor are you using for Stryde and how is your progress so far?

InFullStryde

That is awesome, YellowSpike.  Also, 4 years later and still helping out and providing feedback for CLL'ers.  Pure Class.  Appreciate you.

tiggy

Ned,

You say you aren't here to mock and yet your arguments have multiple flaws and derogatory statements, like "You are now 5'4. No matter what you do, your identity is as a short man". I mean that statement in and of itself is purely illogical and ridiculous. IFS seems intelligent and in tune with his body. I am sure he will be stopping soon and he is in the best position to judge, along with his doctor, as to when he should be stopping.

Also just because you haven't seen anyone who did 7cm and recovered fully does not mean that such people do not exist or are lying about their recoveries/conditions. Similarly, you find fault in the running videos that a fellow member of this site posted, claiming you see signs of nerve damage. However, you do not take the time to consider how they ran before this procedure.  That video wasn't posted and thus you have nothing to compare their current gait to. So before you make posts of the kind you did, please use logical reasoning skills and find more appropriate ways to express your sentiments.

This is simply a forum and unless you meet people in real life, you are unlikely to corroborate what they write here. But this also applies to many other surgeries. My point is, there is no need to sound alarms when you are only an outside observer.

With that said, IFS, I wish you luck and congratulations on your achievement. To share a little of Ned's sentiment, I do hope that you stop at 3 inches because I personally don't think maxing out the nail is worth the extra risk and recovery time. But that is only my opinion and my own personal goal with this surgery. You are in the best position to decide my friend. Again, congratulations! 

InFullStryde

Ned,

You say you aren't here to mock and yet your arguments have multiple flaws and derogatory statements, like "You are now 5'4. No matter what you do, your identity is as a short man". I mean that statement in and of itself is purely illogical and ridiculous. IFS seems intelligent and in tune with his body. I am sure he will be stopping soon and he is in the best position to judge, along with his doctor, as to when he should be stopping.

Also just because you haven't seen anyone who did 7cm and recovered fully does not mean that such people do not exist or are lying about their recoveries/conditions. Similarly, you find fault in the running videos that a fellow member of this site posted, claiming you see signs of nerve damage. However, you do not take the time to consider how they ran before this procedure.  That video wasn't posted and thus you have nothing to compare their current gait to. So before you make posts of the kind you did, please use logical reasoning skills and find more appropriate ways to express your sentiments.

This is simply a forum and unless you meet people in real life, you are unlikely to corroborate what they write here. But this also applies to many other surgeries. My point is, there is no need to sound alarms when you are only an outside observer.

With that said, IFS, I wish you luck and congratulations on your achievement. To share a little of Ned's sentiment, I do hope that you stop at 3 inches because I personally don't think maxing out the nail is worth the extra risk and recovery time. But that is only my opinion and my own personal goal with this surgery. You are in the best position to decide my friend. Again, congratulations!

Thank you, Tiggy. Good words and we are on the same page.  I am paying very special and close attention at this phase.  Also, 7.5cm, if I do make it to this point, will be my highly celebrated end point.  We have to remember that the world renown CLL surgeon, Dr. Dror Paley himself, feels that 8cm is a good safe limit for those who can tolerate it. Nuvasive ended the nail based on Paley's statistics that most of his patients did well up until they entered into that 8cm threshold.    With this in mind, I'm doing really well; so it was determined that it would be best for me to press forward to 7.5cm.   

If you guys have any questions for me, please feel free to let me know.  My update for the day is coming in here shortly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2019, 11:31:25 PM by InFullStryde »

InFullStryde

(Tuesday) Day 88 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[7.1 cm or 2.79 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

What can I say ladies and gentleman. I'm 5 days away now from 3 inches taller.  I'm currently feeling some tightness in the hip-flexor area; but nothing to dramatic at this point.  There is no pain right now; just muscle tightness. So far, all tolerable.  I do not have too much to report, as things are mostly remaining the same.  I will however keep you all updated as to my status physically until I reach my goal in a few days here. 

On another note, I am returning to working in my office full time beginning on Friday. As many of you have probably read already; I own a company and it has been very convenient to go through the distraction phase from the comfort and privacy of my own home.  I am looking forward to seeing my team.  In case you're curious, even through all of this, the company continues to thrive and grow.  My being able to work remotely, made this time fairly seamless.   I'm really anxious however to get integrated into my normal zones.   I will be driving myself to work and mainly using crutches for safety purposes; at least until the muscle tightness subsides over the first few weeks post distraction.  I'll go into more detail soon on how my new process will be handled. 

Thank you again guys and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the Best

-IFS

Ghostfish

Hi Ned

I understand your concern.  However, you seem to be overconcerned about cll or misunderstand what cll means, although you are a current patient.  You never expect 100% sport ability after CLL, although I am sort of believing that even 100% is achievable but it needs time and effort to get back to 100% normal.  Most of people do CLL to get over their unhappiness on height, whether they are short or even tall.

I have met some people who finished cll and they enjoy their life so much. They are much happier than before, including myself, although my athletic ability is almost gone for now.  I do believe I will recover and live a normal life.  I don't expect my previous athletic ability, coz I am not an athlete, already old and have lots of things to do.  Most of CLL patients will recover and can do most of exercises but muscles are not as flexible and bouncy as before.  Jumping, sprinting, and agile movements likely will be compromised to a certain level after CLL but strength and endurance can be recovered normal (Some seems to be even stronger after CLL.  It is depending on one's effort).  I will just run, swim, and do some weights. That is all. 

If somebody really cares about athletic ability for especially competitive sports, I recommend not to consider CLL. Ned, you talked about some bad cases for CLL. I think I read their stories, but honesty, I don't remember well.  I think most of problems after or during cll are from external methods or extreme lengthening.  7-7.5 cm with Stryde nail with diligent stretching and dedicated recovery should be fine.  As I said, I saw a couple of patients who did Stryde and their life is already quite normal, not including intense sports.

Good luck for your CLL!

Cheers,       

YellowSpike

That is awesome, YellowSpike.  Also, 4 years later and still helping out and providing feedback for CLL'ers.  Pure Class.  Appreciate you.

Of course bud. You're one of the very intelligent and well-adjusted people on this forum who has clearly done LL for all the right reasons. I know when I was going through my LL I needed all the support I could get, so more than happy to return the favor.

SimonFuller

Live footage of IFS reaction:

Ahaha - IFS this really made me laugh

SimonFuller

Talk soon, buddy.

Top man - I look forward to the videos/pics.

My only concern is that I wear a shirt/trousers to work (lie most people lol) and I already feel my torso is already very short.

Let's see - that's my only reservation at the moment for doing this.

Jubartt169

Hey :)

I got a question:

During this long process, did you noticed increased hair loss ?

That may sound autistic, but that's it..

Oh, i was almost forgetting, did you decided to lengthen your tibia ?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2019, 07:50:21 PM by Jubartt169 »

InFullStryde

Hey :)

I got a question:

During this long process, did you noticed increased hair loss ?

That may sound autistic, but that's it..

Oh, i was almost forgetting, did you decided to lengthen your tibia ?

Hi Jubart!

My hair line has remained strong and in tact during this long and tough process, thankfully.

I do not believe I will do Tibias. Never say never, however.  :-)

InFullStryde

(Wednesday) Day 89 Post Op - Finishing Strong....[7.2 cm or 2.83 inches Taller!]

Greeting LL'ers,

I hope all is well.  1 MM at a time, I approach the end of the distraction phase.  Only 3 more days left now.  I'm feeling mostly tight in the hip-flexor areas at this time; so I anticipate these muscles to breath quite a bit once I conclude lengthening this week.  No real pain at all.  I am indeed sore however in the thigh muscles due to the stretching of soft tissue.  Future LL'ers, its to be expected.  I'm currently not taking any pain medication and have not needed any on a consistent basis, for several weeks.   Guys, I'm ready to end this phase and begin to heal.   Few more days left.   Other than that, nothing new to report.   

Thank you again and if you have questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

All the Best

-IFS

InFullStryde

Top man - I look forward to the videos/pics.

My only concern is that I wear a shirt/trousers to work (lie most people lol) and I already feel my torso is already very short.

Let's see - that's my only reservation at the moment for doing this.

Hi Simon!

2 - 3 inches is a lot of height to add; but you know what Simon; I don't think it will damage your proportion at all. You'll only look better for it. If you decide to go forward with CLL; you'll be just fine proportion wise. Feel free to send picture to my private message if you want honest opinion.  Thanks again for your support, mate.

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram

Hi Simon!

2 - 3 inches is a lot of height to add; but you know what Simon; I don't think it will damage your proportion at all. You'll only look better for it. If you decide to go forward with CLL; you'll be just fine proportion wise. Feel free to send picture to my private message if you want honest opinion.  Thanks again for your support, mate.

So, your report is complete and very detailed, I think the best I've read. But I'm going to ask you something intimate. Do you wear tall shoes or timberlands?

I imagine it would be interesting there are models that can leave you with 5'8 nowadays! And with comfortable walking.

Like this: https://www.chamaripashoes.com/black-elevator-dress-shoes-height-increasing-shoes-that-make-you-taller-10-cm-3-94-inches.html

Think about this :)
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 32   Go Up