Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 123739 times)

MirinHeight

I really appreciate the support guys.  I've been so blessed to have lead the life that I have had so far.  Also, I'm aware of the reality at which many great candidates for CLL simply cannot afford or have the time flexibility to undergo such a life changing procedure.  I'm fortunate to have been able to under go CLL from the comfort of my home; while still running my company and living only 45 minutes from my surgeons office.   My girlfriend is absolutely gorgeous and her support for me through this process has been nothing less than breathtaking. One thing is for sure; if you figure out a way to add value to the life of others and have the opportunity to call it a career and business; you'll make a great living financially, irregardless of the height attribute.

Another great quote I loved to life by: "Height does not make the man, The Man makes the Height"

I'm going to keep updating you guys on recovery. Talk soon.

You have one of the best diaries I have read on here. I hope you have a great recovery man
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

InFullStryde

(Monday) Day 94 Post Op - Day 2 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!] 

Good evening LL'ers,

Off and away we go on this round 2 phase. The next stage of CLL.   With CLL, you go through alot to achieve those extra inches during phase 1. Phase 2 is about recuperating your body/legs so that you can actually use your new legs.   My problem areas are below:

1. Slight Anterior Pelvic Tilt (Due to tight hip flexors, weak glutes)
2. About 1 degree bend on the legs (Due to tight hamstrings)
3. Tight thigh muscles (Due to the nature of CLL.  Muscles need time to catch up to new bone length)
4. Slightly weaker left leg (Due to a naturally weaker left leg, can still bear full weight however which is a plus)

With all my will and might; I'm training hard to remove the above problem areas so that I too may enjoy walking with three new inches of height in place.   I'm performing stretches and strengthening exercises 3 times a day and walking 1 hour a day in hope that my legs can recover well enough to walk strong in 60 days-90 days. Sooner the better of course. 

I will say that since I stopped lengthening on Saturday; that there has been slight improvement each day.  Muscles are loosening, aching less, and I'm increasingly more mobile.   In about 3 weeks, I will have my first consolidation phase x-rays and I will be sure to post them.  Additionally, I should see quite a bit of improvement in my gait; and anticipating posting a video for your viewing as well.

Thank you again and I'll report back again with next update.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 01:22:14 AM by InFullStryde »
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

FutureManuteBol

(Sunday) Day 93 Post Op - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]  Day 1 Consolidation/Recovery Phase

Good evening LL'ers,

Once again, thank you so much for your support and encouragement.   Honestly, don't believe I would have been as motivated within the initial 3 month distraction process if I did not have a place like this to go to, and write, and relate.   Things are changing in side me that are pretty deep for which do not have a direct relationship with height lengthening and I plan to go into more depth in future posts.  Which leads me to my next thought.  Below, I have created a list of my plans going forward for this LL venture as well as a way to assist others in their LL venture. Please review and share your thoughts:

1) I'm going to continue to post as daily as possible on my progress and experience with phase 2 consolidation and recovery
2) I'm going to create a Limb Lengthening Preparedness kit with all kinds of cohesive information and details based on my experience that will better prepare LL'ers for at least phase 1 of the journey.  Phase 2 is yet to be learned by I; but I will soon be able to finalize the preparedness kit; once I conquer that phase.
3) I plan on creating a website that is modernized and dedicated to helping those with Height Dysphoria.  This will NOT be a website that talks about how unlucky we are; but rather a website that will help bring awareness to the issue as well as directly help those in need, find a comprehensive path and resolution to a solution that works for them.

This list above may grow; but those are my objectives for now. I will update soon.

Now, onto day 1 of my consolidation.   I'm 100% CURED and can WALK PERFECTLY! ..... JUST KIDDING! lol.   I'm tighter than tight; but already I can feel some improvement...yes in just 1 day.  Less soft tissue aches and just a feeling that things are generally looser.  It's only been one day; I'll keep you posted on how the real progress goes, as weeks begin to arrive before us.   As mentioned before; I plan on posting a walking video at about 3 weeks from today.  I want to give my body a chance to cleanse it self of this cosmetic tightness that it currently is feeling.  Within 3 weeks, the muscles will begin to adjust to the stretching and things will be much looser.  I'll post that video for the community to review and hopefully it will give you some idea of what to expect.   Lastly, my next X-Rays will also come in 3 weeks. I will post those and we should see some healing of my broken bones at that point.

Thank you again community and I can't wait to keep reporting to you all.

All the best,

IFS

I love this idea. As a short man in this day and age, we don't have a lot of resources. A centralized website that a short man could go to and address the problem even if nothing can truly be done would be so beneficial to so many people. I know I would always try to ignore and believe as if my short height wasn't a factor. maybe for some people, this method works, but it has blown up in my face 3rd year of college. I know if something would have been discussed when I was 15, I'm confident I would be a lot more well-adjusted to my height currently. It would be awesome if this website could handle the difficult double duty of being able to inform how to increase a person's height pre-growth plate closure (hgh) or post (limb lengthening) while still being able to preach loving you for who you are. It sounds contradictory, but it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive in my opinion. Therapy is just too vague, and it doesn't address our specific problems. I look forward to this coming development and your positivity and optimism for change.

Hex

• @gustavotrrs instagram

You have one of the best diaries I have read on here. I hope you have a great recovery man

True.
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
my instagram @gustavotrrs

InFullStryde

I love this idea. As a short man in this day and age, we don't have a lot of resources. A centralized website that a short man could go to and address the problem even if nothing can truly be done would be so beneficial to so many people. I know I would always try to ignore and believe as if my short height wasn't a factor. maybe for some people, this method works, but it has blown up in my face 3rd year of college. I know if something would have been discussed when I was 15, I'm confident I would be a lot more well-adjusted to my height currently. It would be awesome if this website could handle the difficult double duty of being able to inform how to increase a person's height pre-growth plate closure (hgh) or post (limb lengthening) while still being able to preach loving you for who you are. It sounds contradictory, but it doesn't have to be mutually exclusive in my opinion. Therapy is just too vague, and it doesn't address our specific problems. I look forward to this coming development and your positivity and optimism for change.

Absolutely.  We want to provide information, options, and support.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

InFullStryde

(Tuesday) Day 95 Post Op - Day 3 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

Today was an outstanding day.  It's interesting you know... You have that first phase where you lengthen...just 1 mm a day;...well the 2nd phase is similar in some respects .  You strengthen and increase your ability to walk again...about 1 mm, per day. :-) It takes time; but each day as long as you work hard by stretching, doing exercises to strengthen you feel and see progress.   If you have been following my diary you probably have been lead on a roller coaster of emotions and happenings and you remember that pesky left leg..and then that pesky right leg....and back and forth and so on.   Well; I probably took a bit longer to walk due to having to favor legs.  Well, I've been on crutches and have been taking unassisted baby steps as well for couple of months; but now I'm happy to report that both my legs are feeling decent and after only 3 days of consolidation, i'm starting to feel comfortable with strictly using a cane and sometimes I don't even use any assisted devices.   I cannot tell you how liberating that felt.   It's only 95 days and I was walking fairly free with a cane.  Stiff yes...soreness,  yes...but I was doing it and it was helpful to me to be able to do it.  I'll be incorporating this powerful gait promotion to my routine starting today.  If I'm already using a cane and able to walk around at barely 3 months; I'm feeling great about my prospects for recovery.   I'm not sure how this will go guys; so let's not get too ahead of ourselves; but let me just say that being able to weight bear with Stryde nail the entire 3 months of distraction sets you up for a way different LL experience than past years.   

Let me know if you have any questions and I'm going to keep you updated.

Purushrottam

(Tuesday) Day 95 Post Op - Day 3 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

Today was an outstanding day.  It's interesting you know... You have that first phase where you lengthen...just 1 mm a day;...well the 2nd phase is similar in some respects .  You strengthen and increase your ability to walk again...about 1 mm, per day. :-) It takes time; but each day as long as you work hard by stretching, doing exercises to strengthen you feel and see progress.   If you have been following my diary you probably have been lead on a roller coaster of emotions and happenings and you remember that pesky left leg..and then that pesky right leg....and back and forth and so on.   Well; I probably took a bit longer to walk due to having to favor legs.  Well, I've been on crutches and have been taking unassisted baby steps as well for couple of months; but now I'm happy to report that both my legs are feeling decent and after only 3 days of consolidation, i'm starting to feel comfortable with strictly using a cane and sometimes I don't even use any assisted devices.   I cannot tell you how liberating that felt.   It's only 95 days and I was walking fairly free with a cane.  Stiff yes...soreness,  yes...but I was doing it and it was helpful to me to be able to do it.  I'll be incorporating this powerful gait promotion to my routine starting today.  If I'm already using a cane and able to walk around at barely 3 months; I'm feeling great about my prospects for recovery.   I'm not sure how this will go guys; so let's not get too ahead of ourselves; but let me just say that being able to weight bear with Stryde nail the entire 3 months of distraction sets you up for a way different LL experience than past years.   

Wow. your recovery looks like its going to be pretty fast. The fact that you can walk comfortably with just a cane shows how much the technology has improved by miles in such a short period of time. I got to that stage close to 8 weeks after distraction stopped. Enjoy your new height!
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

InFullStryde

Wow. your recovery looks like its going to be pretty fast. The fact that you can walk comfortably with just a cane shows how much the technology has improved by miles in such a short period of time. I got to that stage close to 8 weeks after distraction stopped. Enjoy your new height!

Thank you, Purush.   Please feel free to chime in on any  observation you make as I post through my diary.  The feedback goes along way for me as I assess myself and determine various next steps.

All the Best

IFS

Zygomatic

• Visitor

Hi InFullStryde, I’ve been keeping up with your diary for a while. I love the detail and depth you’ve gone into, thanks for keeping up with it!

My question now is would you recommend Dr. Mahboubian? I’m also in the LA area so Mahboubian would be local and easier for me, but I’ve also heard great things about Dr. Paley. Having met both of them, are you confident with your choice in Mahboubian? Also, for the surgery, did you go under general anesthesia or was it spinal epidural?

InFullStryde

Hi InFullStryde, I’ve been keeping up with your diary for a while. I love the detail and depth you’ve gone into, thanks for keeping up with it!

My question now is would you recommend Dr. Mahboubian? I’m also in the LA area so Mahboubian would be local and easier for me, but I’ve also heard great things about Dr. Paley. Having met both of them, are you confident with your choice in Mahboubian? Also, for the surgery, did you go under general anesthesia or was it spinal epidural?

Hi Zygomatic,

Without a doubt I would recommend Dr. Mahboubian.  I have achieved 3 inches with no complications. He is a perfectionist of a surgeon, attentive, very professional, great to work with and local to Southern California, CLL'ers. 

Dr. Paley is the most experienced of all the CLL surgeons.  You cannot go wrong with either choice.   I went under general anesthesia.

Movie

Congrats IFS! Awesome Diary bro thanks for your devotion to sharing your experiences! looking forward to keeping up with your healing process. god bless sending much love and positivity your way
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

SimonFuller

Good evening LL'ers,

Excellent to see - congrats bud

InFullStryde

(Wednesday) Day 96 Post Op - Day 4 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

I hope all is going well out there today. Just a quick update.  More of the same, today.   Stretching, strengthening and walking a good plenty on crutches, cane, and a bit unassisted.  I want to be clear that my gait is not near ready for showtime.  I am pleased that I can take steps while weight bearing but it will take some time before I can walk with a correct gait.  Things are progressing well however.  I'm feeling a bit looser and overall pain isn't an issue any more.  My main challenges at this phase is building strength and flexibility back into the legs.  It is my hope that I can make big strides over the next few weeks.   Other notables; I'm battling a medium anterior pelvic tilt due to tight quads.  I do feel slight improvement; so I'm going to keep working hard on this.   My legs are straightening out nicely as well.  All in all, I'm feeling good about where I "stand" on day 4 of consolidation.I'll also mention that I walk my best after warming up a bit; meaning after stretching and standing with my body weight bearing down on my legs. After some time of doing this, I'm feeling good to walk a good bit.

Other considerations - I am back at work full time, driving, and functioning fairly normal at this point in terms of my routine and integration into life.   I'm glad I am able to check those boxes off at month 3. 

I'll let you know for now however let me know if you have any questions and I'm going to keep you updated.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 04:34:26 AM by InFullStryde »

SimonFuller

Great news pal - do you have a goal in mind for walking without gait?

How would you describe what your current gait looks like?

InFullStryde

Great news pal - do you have a goal in mind for walking without gait?

How would you describe what your current gait looks like?

Hi Simon,

I would love to walk fairly normal by June and right now, my walk contains a lot of stiffness from tight soft tissue.  Each day it does get a bit better.   Additionally, after walking unassisted for a while and placing full weight on my legs; there is some soreness there and more so on my left leg (of course, my left leg, ha). I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week and allow the left leg to catch up a bit.  Will continue to work out my walk with crutches support and resume unassisted walking in my training beginning on Monday.  I have to remember that I have a 3 inch gap in my bone, lol and that my soft tissues have been going through a lot for the past 90 days.   I'll be careful not to get to excited and rush things.   Will update later this evening on how I do today.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2019, 02:39:15 PM by InFullStryde »

InFullStryde

(Thursday) Day 97 Post Op - Day 5 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

I hope all is going well so far today.  For me, it was more of the same.   I decided to lay off left leg a bit today; and stayed dedicated to exercises and stretching that required only modest weight bearing.  I feel as if my right leg is ready to really burn test walking and start that grind to reach a good gait.  My left leg however; gets sore quickly.  I'm going to commit to laying off the left leg for a good week.  Hopefully the soreness will wear off and i can really go after unassisted walking and cane walking.  With this in mind; I will still use the crutches to get around the office, through my house, etc; so both legs will still be getting walking work of this kind.   

Once you conclude your lengthening phase; it is truly key to focus on building your legs back up with daily stretching and strengthening exercise of the legs.  This way; you'll be in a condition where you can fully bear your weight and begin to train your walking gait.   I stretch twice and perform strengthening exercises twice a day (morning and night).  In addition, I'm standing and moving around most of the day; in between sitting down for computer work.   You have to remind yourself to get up as frequently as possible.  Bearing weight helps with everything.  Keep in  mind however; if you're feeling pain and soreness.... take it easy. Don't over do it. You don't want to injure yourself.   

All is well, Cller's....I'll update you again tomorrow.

Take care,

SimonFuller

Hi Simon,

I would love to walk fairly normal by June and right now, my walk contains a lot of stiffness from tight soft tissue.  Each day it does get a bit better.   Additionally, after walking unassisted for a while and placing full weight on my legs; there is some soreness there and more so on my left leg (of course, my left leg, ha). I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the week and allow the left leg to catch up a bit.  Will continue to work out my walk with crutches support and resume unassisted walking in my training beginning on Monday.  I have to remember that I have a 3 inch gap in my bone, lol and that my soft tissues have been going through a lot for the past 90 days.   I'll be careful not to get to excited and rush things.   Will update later this evening on how I do today.
Aha yeah - definitely best to take it easy and not forget about that 3 inch gap. Hope left leg feels better soon bro

InFullStryde

(Friday) Day 98 Post Op - Day 6 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

Another day is another way.  Little by little, I improve.  I feel a bit less tight which is good. I expect that to continue to improve as I continue to stretch, my bone continues to heal, and my soft tissue continues to adjust to the natural, desired movements of mine.   Also, remember that left leg that was bugging me? Well it was still bugging me; but I decided to try something...walk through the pain a bit....and within about  5 minutes, it was almost as if I was able to knock the rust off. The left leg was cooperating; still sore; but cooperating.  I must have walked about 30 minutes solid with a cane.  A cane is basically walking fully weight bearing on your own feet and serves as a light compensation for any balance weaknesses. It's a great thing!   I'm hoping that this isn't just a fluke and I am able to continue to walk more and more with a cane and of course unassisted.   I'd say this is pretty good for only day 6, post distraction.  Guys,  I'm doing my best.  My patience is wearing thin; but I'm also in the game, in the process and ready to go all the way until I'm walking strong again. It's coming soon and hopefully I'm walking well by sometime in June; but we will wait and see.  Otherwise, things are great. I'm working out at my home gym still and will wait until my bone is strong before I return to the regular gym.  The bow flex should hold me down for a month or 2 more.     I'm working full time, driving and mobile enough to do anything I need out of necessity.

Another funny tidbit, I haven't cut my hair since December. LOL.  For fun, I decided to leg it grow until I was walking again. It's getting long and crazy looking.    We'll see how this goes!   

Thanks again guys for all your support, kind words, and advise.   Let's continue to push hard and get to that finish line together.

All the best!

IFS

Zygomatic

• Visitor

It’s great to see your left leg is getting better. Your recovery is looking great!

Quick question, do you know if Dr. M was trained under Dr. Paley? I heard from another member here that he was, but I’m unsure.

BeYourBest

Great recovery so far! You will definitely notice things getting better daily.

Haha, keep the long hair.. it makes us look taller  ;D

All the best

InFullStryde

It’s great to see your left leg is getting better. Your recovery is looking great!

Quick question, do you know if Dr. M was trained under Dr. Paley? I heard from another member here that he was, but I’m unsure.

Thank you, Zygomatic!  I'm not sure. I do know that there is some ties between Dr. M and Dr. R.   Not sure on Paley.

InFullStryde

Great recovery so far! You will definitely notice things getting better daily.

Haha, keep the long hair.. it makes us look taller  ;D

All the best
'

Ha, Ha. A full inch gain at least.

InFullStryde

(Saturday) Day 99 Post Op - Day 7 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

Not much new to report today.  Just wanted to check in.  Currently my recovery regiment is as follows:

-Formal Physical Therapy at PT Clinic - Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
-Self Physical Therapy at home - 7 Days a week, twice a day, morning and night
-Physical Therapy currently consists of - stretching and strengthening of hamstrings, quads, glutes, hip flexors, areas around knee.  Also, includes massage (both deep tissue with hands and the massage gun, as I call it.  It pounds my muscles pretty good and helps loosen.  Will do about 20-30 minutes of bike per day.
-Walking Training - I walk about 1-2 hours a day with crutches/cane/ or unassisted.  Combination of all 3 based on what I am able to tolerate at the moment.
- MISC - Staying as active as I can, taking breaks from sitting and standing up regularly. 

Today,  my left leg, knee area remains a bit sore; so although I managed to walk quite a bit with cane, I'm going to switch back to crutches for next few days or so. I'd like the inflammation there to heal a bit.

I hope all is well guys. Talk to you soon!

IFS

Ghostfish

Hi IFS
Wow looks like you are still doing lots of PT and workout!  That should be very helpful for you to recover.  I never went to any clinic or PT after coming back home :P  I am just doing very lazy or minor PT (like stretches and walking) by myself but am still recovering.  You will recover much faster than I do. 
Good luck!!

Singapore

Late congratulation on finishing your first phase my man!!!

InFullStryde

Hi IFS
Wow looks like you are still doing lots of PT and workout!  That should be very helpful for you to recover.  I never went to any clinic or PT after coming back home :P  I am just doing very lazy or minor PT (like stretches and walking) by myself but am still recovering.  You will recover much faster than I do. 
Good luck!!

Thanks for the good thoughts, man.  I am indeed working hard.  Hope to be walking with a quality gait by July 1st or sooner.

InFullStryde

Late congratulation on finishing your first phase my man!!!

Thanks buddy! How are you doing? If my calculations serves me correctly; you're hovering around the end of the distraction phase?  Let me know how you're doing when you can. No rush.  Great to hear from you.

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 100 Post Op - Day 8 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

It's hard to believe that I have been at this 100 days.   Cosmetic Limb Lengthening is truly a journey.   Again, more of the same.  I have a feeling that in consolidation the highly impact updates come weekly vs daily; but I'll try to update with my thoughts and CLL related happenings as much as possible, still.   I will say that so far, I feel a bit better each day.  A bit looser, a bit more mobile, etc.   My left leg is feeling a bit better as well and I even did some cane walking today.   I can take baby steps unassisted as well. I'm really trying to work on stride length and other gate factors as I continue to heal.  There is no pain at all; unless I'm fully bearing weight on my legs for which its not really pain but more like discomfort from muscle weakness and tightness.   Again, each day I feel progress. 

Another cool thing.. I got out my Statiometer and just measured myself once again..several ticks over my goal of 5'4".   It is outstanding that I reached my goal of 3 inches. I'm hoping that the 2nd week of consolidation brings me major gains. I'm working hard...literally, stretching and strengthening for 3+ hours a day. I'd love to be able to 100% ditch crutches and stick to the cane by end of week. We will see how it goes!

Talk soon and all the best,

IFS

SimonFuller

(Sunday) Day 100 Post Op - Day 8 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

It's hard to believe that I have been at this 100 days.   Cosmetic Limb Lengthening is truly a journey.   Again, more of the same.  I have a feeling that in consolidation the highly impact updates come weekly vs daily; but I'll try to update with my thoughts and CLL related happenings as much as possible, still.   I will say that so far, I feel a bit better each day.  A bit looser, a bit more mobile, etc.   My left leg is feeling a bit better as well and I even did some cane walking today.   I can take baby steps unassisted as well. I'm really trying to work on stride length and other gate factors as I continue to heal.  There is no pain at all; unless I'm fully bearing weight on my legs for which its not really pain but more like discomfort from muscle weakness and tightness.   Again, each day I feel progress. 

Another cool thing.. I got out my Statiometer and just measured myself once again..several ticks over my goal of 5'4".   It is outstanding that I reached my goal of 3 inches. I'm hoping that the 2nd week of consolidation brings me major gains. I'm working hard...literally, stretching and strengthening for 3+ hours a day. I'd love to be able to 100% ditch crutches and stick to the cane by end of week. We will see how it goes!

Talk soon and all the best,

IFS

Congrats - bro - you're doing really well!

InFullStryde

(Monday) Day 101 Post Op - Day 9 Consolidation/Recovery Phase - DISTRACTION COMPLETED....[7.5 cm Achieved / 3 inches Taller!]

Good evening LL'ers,

I hope the day is wrapping up nicely for everyone.  I had probably my best day since ending distraction.  My legs, hips, and lower back were looser than they had been in a while.  There is still a ways to go but it was nice to hear my physical therapist say that there is a marked improvement in my hip mobility.   I'm wound up pretty tight and things are starting to loosen up.  As far as my walking goes; I'm walking unassisted, I'm walking with crutches, and I'm walking with a cane....basically whatever i can handle.  At this current date, I'm mainly using crutches because my left leg is sore.  Since the start; the left leg has trailed the right leg in its healing; so I must be patient and keep working on it.   The great news is that I can stand on one foot for a very long time for either leg.  It's just a matter of soft tissues healing and loosening up a bit.  My goal is to be using the cane almost exclusively by the end of the month or sooner.  We shall see. Guys, other than that; not to much to report. Work is great and I can feel myself getting better slowly.

All the best,
IFS

michael33

• Visitor

Hello In Full Stryde,

I've been keeping up with your journal and want to preface by thanking you for keeping such a transparent journal about your journey.  I know I've learned a great deal from your forum and I'm sure many others have as well. 

One question I've been wondering since following your journey are your thoughts about how the STRYDE nail performed compared to your expectations of it?  Did you expect walking to be easier after the first few months than it was, a faster recovery to normal walking gate, or would you say your expectations in terms of recovery and regaining normal walking have exceeded what you expected?

Thank you again for keeping such a detailed journal.

Best,
Michael
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 32   Go Up