Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Barinov external tibias 2019 Volgograd, Russia  (Read 11396 times)

Sanity

Dr Barinov external tibias 2019 Volgograd, Russia
« on: February 21, 2019, 05:40:30 PM »

Planning to go to Dr Barinov in Volgograd russia. Hes an old doctor with years of experience and there are many old diaries from the clinic in Volgograd and their staff is veteran in this. The full final decision will be made after my visit to volgograd which is coming up soon. Considering LATN there. I am really inclined towards this. hoping now it all goes well.
post ll:  5'10.5  (+2.25 in)

alk

• Visitor
Re: Dr Barinov external tibias 2019 Volgograd, Russia
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 08:12:01 PM »

Let us know how much he is charging these days. Good luck!

alk

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2019, 01:35:31 AM »

Hi contacted Barinov’s clinic and here are the current prices:

Ilizarov surgery is 14 500 euros inlcuding 1 month stay in the hospital: surgery under spinal anesthesia, meals and medical care.  Each additional month at the clinic is 1 200 euros with accommodation, meals and medical care. With 7.5 cm  it may take about 8 months till the end of consolidation when the frames can be removed. So, totally it may cost 22 900 euros. There may be some extra expenses, too, if you need supplements to  speed up  bone regeneration.

At our clinic LATN  alongside with Iizarov is also used. With this method you can stay 5 months at the clinic but you'll need one more surgery to implant the nails  which costs 4 300 euros., so the price is hardly cheaper.

It's possible to reduce expenses if you rent an apartment and the clinic may help you to find it. This way you can save 300-400 euros a month.

As for complications, if you follow the surgeon's advice and exercise daily, the process is without any complications but I must say that lengthening  requires hard work and a lot of patience.

myloginacc

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2019, 04:14:14 AM »

Why Barinov and not Solomin/Kulesh?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

Sanity

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 04:41:17 PM »

contacted both. the staff with barinov seemed more helpful. + ive heard its mostly kulesh doing everything so solomin is just there to be there. Also barinov is more experienced and has had more patients. prices are close (kulesh seems a bit cheaper)

In the end both doctors seem fine it comes down to personal preference and what the mind settles to.

myloginacc

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 04:45:49 PM »

contacted both. the staff with barinov seemed more helpful. + ive heard its mostly kulesh doing everything so solomin is just there to be there. Also barinov is more experienced and has had more patients. prices are close (kulesh seems a bit cheaper)

In the end both doctors seem fine it comes down to personal preference and what the mind settles to.

Thanks.
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

makeme6ft

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 06:43:45 PM »

If we're being honest misalignment on Ilazarov frame by gold standard should never ever happen since any experienced Doctor can correct it

The only reason people would still go to Dr. Barinov is to be with hot correction girls.

Sanity

« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 12:47:43 PM »

If we're being honest misalignment on Ilazarov frame by gold standard should never ever happen since any experienced Doctor can correct it

The only reason people would still go to Dr. Barinov is to be with hot correction girls.
what do u mean. r u refering to rgkey? his misalignment occurred way after the frames were removed. 

Sanity

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2019, 09:12:29 PM »

Its about 5 days after surgery. I can alrdy walk, stand, no pain. Move muscles in all directions.

Did have 9/10 pain 1.5 days the kind where u put hands over mouth to not scream. Well i was expecting it and fully prepared for it. Chose to bear it without painkillers for 2 small advantages.

To signal chemical production to brain. To desensatize pain receptors down a grade for future. Currently painfree and on the right path.

Sanity

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2019, 09:19:27 PM »

Has any1 ever suffered the headache with the spinal tap? I didnt know it was something until now.

Knik

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2019, 09:22:59 PM »

You did surgery ?
Barinov have some bad diaries over there but good luck
Looking for Pili

wannagrowtaller

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2019, 09:29:55 PM »

You are really strong to tolerate 9/10 pain without painkillers.
Go for it

Sanity

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2019, 10:17:05 PM »

You are really strong to tolerate 9/10 pain without painkillers.
Yea its funny story. I decided to tolerate because i thaught the worst pain was alrdy taken during the hours in anesthesia. I had only local anesthesia so always awake.so after the pain began i counted numbers while judging based on my highest possible tolerance level. I knew i will only get one chance at testing my pain limits in life so might as well play it as a game. Starting with a 3 after anesthesia started to wear of 4,5,6 came quickly. Then stayed there. Thts when i refused painkiller thinking high of me rofl. Mistake! Raised to an 8 8.5 and finally i rated that to be almost 9. 12-14 hours the pain wasnt reducing actually got worse. At this point i decided im gonna take the painkiller coz wgo knows how long it wil last. It was midnight and i didnt want to wake up ppl in the hospital. They also offered me earlier and i had refused. So counted every minute until sunrise. Longest sunrise ever. Then decided to scream painkillers to the nurses. But pain had alrdy reduced down to a 6-7. Thaught ok lets do this then. And hours later came down to 2-3. Lol cant say i didnt give in.

Sanity

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2019, 10:28:13 PM »

You did surgery ?
Barinov have some bad diaries over there but good luck
Depends on personal choice totally.
Would u choose to fly with a pilot who has flown 8000 hours with 0 emergency experiences and all smooth landings and highest rated captain or a pilot who has flown 8000 hours with 4000 hours experience of emergency landings.

So see it depends. Btw im not sure how many hes got but i know of 1 only which wasnt his fault completely.

Knik

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2019, 10:54:38 PM »

Depends on personal choice totally.
Would u choose to fly with a pilot who has flown 8000 hours with 0 emergency experiences and all smooth landings and highest rated captain or a pilot who has flown 8000 hours with 4000 hours experience of emergency landings.

So see it depends. Btw im not sure how many hes got but i know of 1 only which wasnt his fault completely.

Don’t forget to show pictures and X-rays
Looking for Pili

Sanity

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2019, 11:46:14 PM »

Don’t forget to show pictures and X-rays
Just that? Follow me for it. Pics surely today and x-rays when i get my 1st xray done.

Sanity

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2019, 03:40:49 PM »

http://imgur.com/a/hUSJ7WN

http://imgur.com/a/ytDND9k

http://imgur.com/a/A3hhZxk

This spinal headache has been the worst part of my experience now. I came in to get my legs done and got my head done. Ffs

cheekycabs

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2019, 04:27:24 PM »

Good luck man, I basically did the exact same procedure with very similar Russian doctors. I'm 8 months post, I hope my diary can help you.
External Tib Ilizarov, Azerbaijan: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9418.0
Drugs, preparation, training: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V2bNA_OsVwqR5Qp6fAWH7VFN6DaZPJ8YroUELsIy28k/edit

1 year post can run slowly, walking/gym everyday. Issues are zero, ankle tight waking up.

Sanity

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 06:57:04 PM »

Good luck man, I basically did the exact same procedure with very similar Russian doctors. I'm 8 months post, I hope my diary can help you.
Sure bro. I already followed ur diary until now. Ul find my comments in there somewhere.  :)

Also I want to give a shoutout to stripes, it was stripes journal and his sharing that helped me tremoundously in preparing for this. Wow wat a man. I think hes already busy with his life and gone from here years ago. I wish to become a silent legend of the past too one day like him. Hope so.

Sanity

« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2019, 11:23:37 AM »

Currently in not so good spot. The spinal anesthesia has caused me bad headache when i sit. Its cuasing so many problems right now. I hoping it will go away but its been 8 days now and its still here.

Legs are i think how ther supposed to be but not improving as much as they shuld be because i cant do anything other lie down due to spinal headache.

I just want this headache to go away so i can do something.

California2

« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2019, 04:21:32 PM »

If you truly have a spinal headache, it is caused by spinal fluid leaking from your spinal tap site--not necessarily outside your body--you may not see the leak.  The leak results in low cerebral-spinal fluid which presents with symptoms of a headache, especially when upright.  Spinal headaches usually go away on their own but can last a couple weeks.

Hydration (drinking lots of fluids or taking fluids via IV) and consuming caffeine can help.

If hydration and caffeine do not improve things; then, you may need drugs or even a blood patch.  A blood patch is injection of your own blood into the spinal tap site--your blood clots to form a patch that prevents fluid from leaking and gives your body an opportunity to close the leak and build-up fluid.

Best of luck to push through this unfortunate development.

Sanity

« Reply #21 on: May 03, 2019, 10:25:22 PM »

Thanks for that really helpful.
Ive been on iv liquids, caffeine and so much water. I cant sit longer than 30-40 mins and then it begins. Ive alrdy left the hospital and now in clinic, but if it lingers for another week im pushing for the blood patch idc.

This is just ruining everything. I cant focus on legs and my turning will begin soon and stil stuck with this  t headache.

Doctor says i need to walk for hours. Yea right with this   headache i can only stay in bed 24/7. If i develop some complication of leg it will be this anesthetist and stupid headache to blame. Still hoping it goes away in a few more days.

I dont know why da fk body cant even seal 1 little tiny hole for 8 days. Fml

California2

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2019, 10:50:49 PM »

Remember that you are also probably on blood thinners so clotting is more difficult.

Also, I totally understand you want to get started but please believe that you will have plenty of time to turn nuts and bolts.

In my experience, things change on a daily basis during this process so try to think of your headache as nothing more than your "thing" for a few days rather than that you hit a big setback--you didn't--just dealing with a thing for a few days.

Sanity

« Reply #23 on: May 04, 2019, 08:08:10 PM »

Thanks for that really. Do u think it can seal the hole in 2-3 more days? Im not even on any blood thinners. I mean how big is that hole even. Just a needle sized hole it shuld be. Shouldnt take much longer. I cant understand the science behind it. How can it keep leaking. Really beyond me is the science.

California2

« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2019, 04:29:35 PM »

Please understand that I do not know whether you have a spinal headache--if your MD diagnosed a spinal headache; then, you should discuss treatment and time frames with him or her.

But for the fact that you reported a spinal headache, I would have first wondered whether you are having an allergic reaction that presents with a headache.  If you self-diagnosed a spinal headache, have you also considered a potential allergic reaction to any of the new things to which you have been introduced?  These factors can include not only the obvious such as different foods and medications but also less obvious factors such as the laundry soap or air freshener used by the hospital or clinic.

TinyTL

« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2019, 04:37:39 PM »

Sanity, this is very unfortunate.
First of all you should not have gone to Russia to do this. All russian patients have long lasting nerve damages, dropfoot and other complications.

If the headache lasts for another 5 days i suggest you take off the frame and return to your home country for medical support.
Nothing is more important your life. Dont put it in such risk.

You can always do LL later if you still want to.

PS dont take advice from nutjobs like the guy over me. close to age of 60 with hip replacement, he did 9cm LL in russia because no sane doctors would perform it.

Sanity

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2019, 02:32:30 PM »

It gets bad when i sit up and better to non existant when lying down. Also all other symptoms match to a spinal headache (literally everything) and doctors agreed it was a spinal headache.

Btw its gotten a bit better in the last couple of days. Improved a bit. And everyday the headache when i sit is reducing a little amount. For example I couldnt sit for longer than 30 mins in start now i can sit for 2-3 hours until it begins and i can start feeling pressure up there. And everyday i can sit little longer than before. So finally good signs.

Legs are doing good. I walk for long time and dont feel tired or painful. Seems good as far.

California2

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2019, 03:42:21 PM »

Good.  Seems like you are moving in the right direction.

Sanity

« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2019, 08:01:21 AM »

Good.  Seems like you are moving in the right direction.
Yes for now and hopefully in future. All seems good.

Sanity

« Reply #29 on: May 09, 2019, 12:02:26 PM »

Distracting everyday at aproximately 1mm. Dont feel any pain. Only slight pulses of pain at night for a little time. Walking as often as i can. Feeling the normal tightness in soft tissue that comes with distracting.

Everything on track!

Sanity

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2019, 08:13:45 AM »

Distracted around 1cm. Getting quite difficult to walk and its getting painful. Also walking is very slow now. I was expecting all this at maybe 4-5 cm but clearlyg not at 1cm. I thaught 1cm would be a breeze but no. Also a little numbing in right leg and discomfort.

Idk if anyone else felt all this so early on in distraction. Its kind of demotivating
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up