Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Lengthening Amount Recommended  (Read 122247 times)

BiggestProblem

Re: Lengthening Amount Recommended
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2016, 07:04:49 PM »

Hi! So for an example for the femur. The consensus is something like:
Do 6cm if you want to be safe and 8cm as the max limit.
But wouldn't 15% for safety and 20% for a max be a better way to explain it.

From my inaccurate measurements my femur is 40cm and my tibia is 34cm.
So if I do 15% on both segments I would achieve:
40 * 0.15 + 34 * 0.15 = 6 + 5 = Around 11cm
Someone with lets say 47cm femur and 40cm tibia could lengthen.
48 * 0.15 + 42 * 0.15 = 7 + 5 = Around 12cm.

That means I could lengthen to 177cm before screwing myself over, disregarding proportions.

Am I correct in this or is the % irrelevant since some people can lengthen 10% and some 20% and get the same result, therefore rendering this useless and rough estimates of 6 and 5 cm being better?

Just some shower thoughts.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Auron

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2016, 07:16:55 PM »

Hi! So for an example for the femur. The consensus is something like:
Do 6cm if you want to be safe and 8cm as the max limit.
But wouldn't 15% for safety and 20% for a max be a better way to explain it.

From my inaccurate measurements my femur is 40cm and my tibia is 34cm.
So if I do 15% on both segments I would achieve:
40 * 0.15 + 34 * 0.15 = 6 + 5 = Around 11cm
Someone with lets say 47cm femur and 40cm tibia could lengthen.
48 * 0.15 + 42 * 0.15 = 7 + 5 = Around 12cm.

That means I could lengthen to 177cm before screwing myself over, disregarding proportions.

Am I correct in this or is the % irrelevant since some people can lengthen 10% and some 20% and get the same result, therefore rendering this useless and rough estimates of 6 and 5 cm being better?

Just some shower thoughts.

Everyone who wants LL is either short or just below average so 5cm is almost the same % to everyone.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2016, 07:18:22 PM »

We have seen a lot of people from 150 to 180 doing it though.

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

Auron

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2016, 07:21:54 PM »

We have seen a lot of people from 150 to 180 doing it though.
I've to be honest, I'vent read any diary of a 150cm or 180cm tall person. Most diaries I've read are from 162~172cm.

*edit*  Also, I believe people use cm and not % because they don't know the exact length of their femur.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2016, 07:26:35 PM »

I know one guy who was 180.1 and went to 185.1 I think. I also saw some diary about a woman who was 5 feet I think, that would be like 152-153 I guess.

The definitely exist.

Auron

« Reply #36 on: November 04, 2016, 07:30:28 PM »

I know one guy who was 180.1 and went to 185.1 I think. I also saw some diary about a woman who was 5 feet I think, that would be like 152-153 I guess.

The definitely exist.
I believe you. But for some reason doctors always ask you how many cm's you would like to lenghten and not how much %.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #37 on: November 04, 2016, 07:34:39 PM »

I have seen some doctors talk about %. I think it was a Turkish and a Korean one. Maybe it was Dr. Inan and Dr. Lee (Don't remember really)

onemorefoot

« Reply #38 on: November 04, 2016, 07:48:14 PM »

Some doctors say you shouldnt go over 10 per cent, but if the amount of cm is not over 20 per cetn it is well tolerated.
Budget will determine my future.

The Kaiser

« Reply #39 on: November 04, 2016, 08:32:55 PM »

Some doctors say you shouldnt go over 10 per cent, but if the amount of cm is not over 20 per cetn it is well tolerated.

there is no any medical or scientific approve that some specific percentage play a very strong rule. I know two people's diary that made 23% and they do better than one with 15%. the most accurate factor is when your doctor "expert one" ask you to stop. so 15-23% based on diary should be realistic yet.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #40 on: November 04, 2016, 08:46:06 PM »

The lengthening will vary from person to person your body doesn't give a sh@t about percentages or formulas you have come up with.

These ridiculous percentages/formulas individuals come up with in here are proof that these people are clearly not wired up right and should not be doing this surgery.

The proportion police are severe body neurotics/dysphoriacs its proper medications they need not surgery.

'Oh if I lengthen 8cms il have lengthened 'x' percentage of my tibia which will make my tibia/femur ratio 'x' amount blah blah blah. Trust me when you cannot walk properly or are hobbling about on crutches for a year the last thing on your mind will be your fkn wingspan or ratios

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #41 on: November 04, 2016, 08:53:26 PM »

Yes because there is no difference between lengthening 5cm and 10cm.

The Kaiser

« Reply #42 on: November 04, 2016, 08:55:11 PM »

Yes because there is no difference between lengthening 5cm and 10cm.

there are people with 7 cm and fked up and some people with 9 cm and doing very well. so it depends on your body mostly then numbers

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #43 on: November 04, 2016, 08:57:47 PM »

there are people with 7 cm and fked up and some people with 9 cm and doing very well. so it depends on your body mostly then numbers

Funny, because people that end up with problems are people who lengthen more than 6cm.

Absolute coincidence right?

The Kaiser

« Reply #44 on: November 04, 2016, 08:59:12 PM »

Funny, because people that end up with problems are people who lengthen more than 6cm.

Absolute coincidence right?

i said it clear "depend on your body". even 5 sometimes a problem and you should stop before. just follow your body thats it

TrueSpartan

« Reply #45 on: November 04, 2016, 09:06:10 PM »

It'd be awesome if we could get a reputable doctors input on this. I beleive the 5 to 6cm limit is not for the bone. It is for your soft tissues. Once they stretch beyond 5 to 6 cm, you start losing more and more function.

Its also hard to gauge peoples recovery because some people don't care about athleticism. They grow. If they can walk they are content where as other people feel LL crippled there life because they can't run like they used to even though they can walk just fine or even run moderately.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #46 on: November 04, 2016, 09:08:36 PM »

There's zero debate with this the more you lengthen the bigger the risk! As for the folk who have done 9-12cms per segment give it a decade and let's see what shape they are in. And as for the folk that have done both segments and done in excess of 15cms trust me youl be glad you are not them in future.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #47 on: November 04, 2016, 09:22:59 PM »

I never said that there was any magic formula. I am just saying the the "under 6cm tibia and you will be safe" will most likely not apply if you are 150 and have really short tibias. So when setting a goal for yourself. Remember, I am talking about goals. Doing it % wise is a better way.

And also, since most people don't get the big issues before 5cm which is under 15% for most people. Setting a goal of 15% on each bone would be wise for me.

For an example @YourSpaceBoyfriend, your goal is 6cm femur and 4cm tibia. Doing the math most likely it would be wiser to do less femur and more tibia. Since your femur is not 50% longer than your tibia. (Not attacking you just taking your goal as an example since I think it's a very good and realistic one.)

This is just estimates as I find the math fun, and people with an iq over 105 will understand that.

BiggestProblem

« Reply #48 on: November 04, 2016, 09:43:18 PM »

How is 15% 8-10cm?

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #49 on: November 04, 2016, 09:50:00 PM »

I never said that there was any magic formula. I am just saying the the "under 6cm tibia and you will be safe" will most likely not apply if you are 150 and have really short tibias. So when setting a goal for yourself. Remember, I am talking about goals. Doing it % wise is a better way.

And also, since most people don't get the big issues before 5cm which is under 15% for most people. Setting a goal of 15% on each bone would be wise for me.

For an example @YourSpaceBoyfriend, your goal is 6cm femur and 4cm tibia. Doing the math most likely it would be wiser to do less femur and more tibia. Since your femur is not 50% longer than your tibia. (Not attacking you just taking your goal as an example since I think it's a very good and realistic one.)

This is just estimates as I find the math fun, and people with an iq over 105 will understand that.

Sorry pal I wasn't having a go I'm just trying to point out that these formulas just don't mean anything. Il give you two examples, two guys I met in Beijing one was 164 and the other 172cms starting heights the first lengthened 5cms the second 5.5cms. The first said he felt the safe range on his tibias was 4cms and he has problems to this day, the second one got 3.5cms removed as his feet didn't move and running was virtually impossible. These 'safe ranges' are largely made up.

The people here who have claimed to recover their athletic abilities likely had the athleticism of Steven Hawking before they even done this surgery so it's a pointless conparison.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #50 on: November 04, 2016, 09:54:05 PM »

How is 15% 8-10cm?

Wasn't talking to you was talking to the little poofter Zaney, the wee fag that will never do this surgery. The little pointer who thinks he's an intellectual. He's probably a Trekkie who goes along to conventions to play online gaming. He's likely a nappy wearing homo who can no longer hold his bowels due to years upon years of consented sodomy 😂😂😂😂😂

BiggestProblem

« Reply #51 on: November 04, 2016, 10:10:24 PM »

That about those cases in Beijing is actually valuable information. Most likely you lose more potential than you lose current performance. Some don't experience a big loss in athletisism since they weren't even close to their potential. That's my guess.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #52 on: November 04, 2016, 10:22:12 PM »

That about those cases in Beijing is actually valuable information. Most likely you lose more potential than you lose current performance. Some don't experience a big loss in athletisism since they weren't even close to their potential. That's my guess.

Pm me pal

The average person is not athletic in this day and age hence the reason 15 year olds are sporting the physiques of 40 year olds these days. Comparing the average persons athleticism with a guy who squats 400 or who runs the 100 in 11.5 is like comparing the athletic abilities of a darts player with Bryan Habana. Even if cosmetic appearance is your only goal your basic functioning will suffer and you have no idea what you may want to do in future. This surgery if done to excessive amounts basically disables you to a degree.

The folk who claim 100% athletic recoveries are likely A) fake profiles B) were never athletic in the first place C) folk in denial about what they have actually done to themselves. And the others who claim you can recover but have never actually done it are in denial and can't accept the fact that it's a toss up between being taller and losing function vs a lifetime of living the life as a short guy. I understand the frustration however this is the reality of the procedure.

onemorefoot

« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2016, 11:23:01 PM »

Bigpo you are saying that mathematics are silly, just remeber that your roof was built  based on mathematics.
Budget will determine my future.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2016, 12:26:56 AM »

Bigpo you are saying that mathematics are silly, just remeber that your roof was built  based on mathematics.

No not at all but there is no precise formula for this surgery that will avoid complications, its a gamble and that's it.

Morissette

« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2016, 12:55:02 AM »

No not at all but there is no precise formula for this surgery that will avoid complications, its a gamble and that's it.

The surgery is definitely a gamble no matter the length you could do 4cm and be messed up, you could do 7cm and be messed up vice versa. There's no lemgth or "safe percentage" although one has to admit that the more you lengthen to higher the chance you run into complications.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #56 on: November 05, 2016, 12:59:11 AM »

The surgery is definitely a gamble no matter the length you could do 4cm and be messed up, you could do 7cm and be messed up vice versa. There's no lemgth or "safe percentage" although one has to admit that the more you lengthen to higher the chance you run into complications.

Very true

Sadly these facts are lost on a lot of people on here

This surgery was never intended to be used for cosmetic purposes the general amounts surgeons would do were 1-4cms and it was for didcrepancies not height related issues

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #57 on: November 05, 2016, 01:41:38 AM »

Don't even compare 4cm to 7cm, it's whole another dimension of gambling.

There is even risk that you will get bombed by ISIS when going to the hospital. It's not about having no risk at all but reducing it as much as you can.

Benefits need to outweight drowbacks, no height is worth walking like a 60 year old man.

Morissette

« Reply #58 on: November 05, 2016, 02:24:57 AM »

Lengthening 7cm doesn't mean you're gunna be walking like a 60 year old man I will be the proof of that if you don't find there to be enough already.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #59 on: November 05, 2016, 07:06:57 PM »

I never said that.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2016, 10:27:13 AM »

The lengthening will vary from person to person your body doesn't give a sh@t about percentages or formulas you have come up with.

These ridiculous percentages/formulas individuals come up with in here are proof that these people are clearly not wired up right and should not be doing this surgery.

The proportion police are severe body neurotics/dysphoriacs its proper medications they need not surgery.

'Oh if I lengthen 8cms il have lengthened 'x' percentage of my tibia which will make my tibia/femur ratio 'x' amount blah blah blah. Trust me when you cannot walk properly or are hobbling about on crutches for a year the last thing on your mind will be your fkn wingspan or ratios

Dude - people need hope. This surgery for many people is a way to make it through the hardships of their day, a day of feeling inferior and unhappy, the feeling of not being in the appearance you want to be. They learn that the surgery exists and it serves as a dream of the end of these horrible feelings, a dream of being taller, because that's what some people want very badly. Of course they think about how much they will be able to gain, and of course they will dream of 8 cms, or more. Thinking that "maybe I can lengthen 3 cms before my body resists too much and I have to stop" is not a great glimpse of hope for these people.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2016, 12:01:30 AM »

Hope is fine so long as you are not being delusional. There's a huge difference between a positive attitude and a delusional one. Most of the people on this board suffer from the latter!

I get it being short fking sucks it wrecks our lives and we have no control over it however pushing yourself to do 'ideal' amounts or trying to get your money's worth for what you paid is going to fk a lot of people up.

This surgery I'm sure has helped a lot of people the ones who did safe amounts and listened to their bodies however I'm sure there are numerous folk out there this surgery has messed up badly.

This surgery is not your knight in shining armour that a lot of folk on here think it is
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up