Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Life after a full recovery  (Read 62103 times)

lee32

• Visitor
Re: Life after a full recovery
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 02:17:11 AM »

cool guys, yea,ibelieve it depends on how strong you are both physcally and mentally.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 02:01:32 PM »

Yeah, this summer will be amazing for the both of us.

If you feel bored, I could write a visualization of your after LL experience (as I did with Sweatpants) :D

PLEASE DO! I'm excited to hear about it, hahaha :D

sadboy

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »

Yeah, this summer will be amazing for the both of us.

Before I couldn't get over my height of 5'6 so always have to wear 2.5inches insole. I had this "can't lose" attitude where I stuff as many things in my shoes as humanly possible before going to a club or meeting a superficial girl. Height was normally the biggest reason for rejection. But as you know, with lift you have to hide it by wearing long boot-cut jeans. For the past 5 years, there wasn't a summer gone by where I could wear shorts freely. It's sucks wearing thick rock & republic jeans in a 30+ degrees hot summer.

But this summer, I can wear shorts (and you too). It's a biggest break a short guy can have.

I can play soccer and basketball but will be a bit slower in movement speed. Short guys are usually quite quick with their short legs on the field. We will have to deal with our lanky limbs. But I think if you put your mind to it, then you can play these sports perfectly again. Yeah, your LL case is actually perfect. Congratulation!

Yeah take it lightly at first. Make sure your bones are consolidated well enough before exerting physical force or lift heavier weight.

Today, a girl said she liked my shorts. And I said thank you. Then as I walked away, she said to her coworker that I was hot. I was unfazed. But before I would hear comments like he was "cute" but never he was hot before. If you feel bored, I could write a visualization of your after LL experience (as I did with Sweatpants) :D

It's true that people call you cute when you are short and hot when you are tall, why is that?! They can also call you handsome though which most people usually tell me that instead of hot or cute.

ChrisIsaak

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2014, 09:32:00 PM »

I've been called hot at 5'5 before, but it was my first year during the US and I literally locked myself into the gym every day working out.. It snowed outside all the time (Michigan) so I spent most of the time indoors working out. That was the only year in my life I actually had a sixpack and bulging biceps - I wasn't stocky, I was lean too, I checked the calories of everything and paid attention to my diet. So yeah, you can definitely be called hot even when you're short. I hate the word "cute". (But frankly, I got that more often, much more often than hot). No man wants to be called cute, I guess. Harumph.

That's why when I compliment a girl, I say "You're one of the rare kind who is BOTH cute and hot". I try to avoid any unwanted compliments, lol

jerry

« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2014, 10:02:34 PM »

Kids and puppy dogs are cute, I'm a grown ass man! -  Jamie foxx 

drewicz

« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2015, 08:10:36 AM »

I consider myself pretty much fully recovered.  I can walk normally and run almost as fast as I used to be able to, but my balance and agility aren't what they used to be.  The longer legs are just harder to move quickly.

I'm never was an athlete, so I don't know about playing sports after LL.  Your performance would be reduced, but I'm not sure by how much.

How much is that issue with balance ? Can you do that? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/k7cHobVh9io/hqdefault.jpg
yea, you sure be worse at gymnastics and stretching. Just check who is the best men's in this sports... People who have 150-160 cm. :)
What about bone marrow after they pull out nails? It will regenerated?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2015, 04:00:20 PM »

How much is that issue with balance ? Can you do that? http://i.ytimg.com/vi/k7cHobVh9io/hqdefault.jpg
yea, you sure be worse at gymnastics and stretching. Just check who is the best men's in this sports... People who have 150-160 cm. :)
What about bone marrow after they pull out nails? It will regenerated?

It's not a huge issue.  I can do that pose.  It's more like I'm a little wobblier than I used to be rather than not being able to do something at all.

In adults, there's not a lot of marrow in the tibias and femurs to begin with.  I'm not sure if it regenerates or not.

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2017, 07:28:02 PM »

lionel messi did LL and his one of the richest soccer players  so

KrP1

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2017, 07:44:57 PM »

not true, are you a troll?

Bander72

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2017, 07:05:36 AM »

lol he depends on his legs for his career he would not do anything to diminish his athletic abilities.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

The Kaiser

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2017, 12:39:36 AM »

Can we block him? lol just a joke, Anyways you're totally wrong.

lldude

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2017, 12:59:41 PM »

He took growth hormones as a child

ramaka

« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 03:16:23 AM »

Thanks for the advice. However, I'm quite happy with the single life where I can just concentrate on myself and not others.

"When you say things like like maintaining your balance
I don't understand why ?
Is that to do with muscle strength or just getting used to the extra height "

- it has to do with muscle strength and ankle strength. And because your legs are longer than you used to, you also have to deal with maintaining of a pair of lanky long legs which have been weakened through several surgeries and stretching of the muscle.

However, I lengthened a whole 8cm. If you just seek 4cm, then your result should be different.

What about someone who is doing 5.5 cm tibs and 5.5 cm on femurs to gain 11 cm would they have problems considering that they only did like 5.5 on on separate parts of the legs

Sweden

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 02:21:23 AM »

Still no videos.

Guess I have to make them then. :)
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

lldude

« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2017, 11:35:19 AM »

Still no videos.

Guess I have to make them then. :)

Please do; I need the encouragement  ;)

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2018, 03:13:18 PM »

Hi to everyone on the forum :)
I am due for my surgery this year and I will be sure to upload as much content as possible. Hopefully it will be a good experience but even if it's bad I won't hide anything.
Is this thing about losing sxx drive true? That would be an issue for sure  :D

midnightninja

« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2018, 12:02:12 PM »

I really encourage you to not go for 12cm and focus on 6 cm on femurs instead.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2018, 08:57:07 PM »

I'm breaking my legs for this surgery. Might aswell gain a decent amount. Besides, I fully understand that 6cm is obviously easier but if I didn't then again gaining nothing and not doing the surgery is also safer.

jexus

« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2018, 09:22:00 PM »

Hi to everyone on the forum :)
I am due for my surgery this year and I will be sure to upload as much content as possible. Hopefully it will be a good experience but even if it's bad I won't hide anything.
Is this thing about losing sxx drive true? That would be an issue for sure  :D

No, I did 6,4 cm on tibias I'm f u c k i n g h o r n i e r than ever.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2018, 10:19:23 PM »

That's a relief :D

heightconsultant

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2018, 07:03:16 PM »

Although we havent seen any exact proof that a full recovery is possible, we havent seen anything conclusive that it wouldnt be possible either.

I agree with this point. I would add that the key to healthy recovery is doing lots of exercises before surgery (swimming is especially good) in order to increase flexibility of leg muscles. Because as others have mentioned many times, bone can be cut and lengthened and become as healthy as before, but that is not the case with soft tissues. Their flexibility plays a significant role in gaining back your ability to walk, play sports etc. Physiotherapy while recovering is another crucial part of limb lengthening. If physiotherapy is not done enough, leg pains can disturb patients for longer time, and movement ability may not be on the same level as pre-surgery.

Chinese

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: May 29, 2019, 03:23:04 PM »

He did ll?

programdude

« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2019, 09:15:45 AM »

My personal answer from having done the max of 8 CM on my femurs and personally meeting and staying in touch with many LL patients is that it varies heavily.

My recovery took a LONG time and I suffered a full fracture of my left leg which was an obvious set back. I know many people who had significantly shorter recovery timeframes.

Once you are out of the crippled phase, you just steadily and slowly inch towards normal functioning. One day your legs just will feel right and natural and eventually you won't even think about LL.

As for sports, personally I've got to advise against LL if you have serious sports interest. Although I might currently be biased since I need to get the irritating hardware out of my leg from my fracture, I can say with confidence that if I had been serious about sports, my running/ movements would be a good deal away from 100%. Its certainly worth asking around, and of course the less you lengthen the more likely a positive outcome is in terms of performance.
Dr. Paley Patient- Surgery completed successfully on July 22nd
My Diary for those who want a real play by play to know what to expect:http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=733.0

Starting height: 5 8
End Height-:5 11 +

pharmacology

• Visitor
« Reply #54 on: January 12, 2022, 05:05:01 AM »

I think many factors play into this. Some being Pre surgery athleticism and flexibility, which bone lengthening, what method, and most importantly imo at what rate. I might be the only professional MMA athlete and collegiate wrestler in this forum. Currently 3 cm into lengthening and chose to slow down from the start at 0.75 mm just so I can keep as much athleticism as I can. Pre OP work involved lots of stretching and plyo workouts. I aim to go for 7.5 to 8 cm femurs and confident I can be back or very close to my Pre OP level of athleticism. At the 3 cm mark I notice no difference or trouble in my walking gait and everything still feels very normal (this is with pool therapy and treadmill assisted).

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2022, 03:44:23 PM »

You won't recover fully.
You can do sports some days but never like before.

presumably under the assumption that modern medical technology doesn't exist?

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2022, 05:47:07 PM »

Modern medical technology doesn't give doctors godlike powers.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2022, 07:50:30 PM »

Keep in mind that last we heard from Sweden, he was going to a national full-contact martial arts championship. I would personally consider that fully recovered.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

oklama

« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2023, 03:16:40 AM »

insane how everyone on limb lengthening forum wants to play competitive sports  :D
19 yrs old
goal: 173 (8cm)
looking at giotikas or becker
maybe will get to 180cm eventually

LONFemurs2021

« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2023, 04:57:34 AM »

Keep in mind that last we heard from Sweden, he was going to a national full-contact martial arts championship. I would personally consider that fully recovered.

You're delusional if you think you're going to get back to baseline.

Leg lengthening doesn't come free, you're sacrificing a degree of functionality for it, especially noticeable in athletic ability.

Werewolf

« Reply #60 on: February 07, 2023, 01:59:25 PM »

For example, if you are a professional runner, you will slow down after surgery. This will vary depending on your extension amount. You will finish the track in 3.5-5 minutes, which you finished in 3 minutes. it depends on the method you have surgery and the amount of lengthening, whether you lengthen the tibia or femur or both.
List of I fked :)
@Bukibuki - @Kanye Western - @DanishViking - @shortisnotfun - @EndGame - @ballsackoffury123

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2023, 02:06:07 PM »

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up