Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen  (Read 121357 times)

yagen

Re: Dr. Monegal - Two stage internal Femur - Fitbone - Yagen
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2017, 06:05:57 PM »

At this point, I think it's easier to do bilateral tibias than two stages with femurs. knee suffers less. I can handle by myself the third day between the bed and wheelchair and go to the bathroom.

I feel better right leg than the left one, but it is normal, I had more curly my left leg.

I took a stolen picture of the Dr. Monegal / Dr. Donghoon Lee / Frenchman Dr and a girl while they were taking a snack, and I was waiting for admission

I will try to upload the x-ray of the osteotomy

@kimthien2246 I can not forecast the weather, and I had my first surgery 1 year and 9 months.

@InferiorityComplex Alberto the PT told me about a patient in the Mics, I do not if it would be you. I will be in a hotel/apartment of my best friend. But it easy to meet in x-ray or just for a coffee.

Datum

« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2017, 07:35:52 PM »

Nice stalking job!
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2017, 10:52:01 PM »

It's me, Alberto is the bomb. In great hands

U only live once

« Reply #251 on: September 21, 2017, 10:01:17 AM »

Hi yagen,

From experience do you think I can go for a walk around 3 weeks after surgery somewhere around barcelona, I feel like it's a shame I'm in one of the most touristic cities in the world and I'm not seeing anything ..anyways all the best for you.
Aim high

yagen

« Reply #252 on: September 21, 2017, 10:36:26 AM »

@InferiorityComplex I have sent you a PM

@Datum I respect your opinion.

@U only live once in three weeks you will be very good, and every week you feel stronger but think the street is hard, I was frightened when the ground was wet, it is very slippery. Think twice, you can do normal things but if someone pushes you, you are going to fall. Becarefull, its time to think about LL and recovery, you can visit Barcelona in next years.

I was very lucky than 4 doctors of different countries were in my surgery Experts in Fitbone and Precise. I just tell my trip.

Auron

« Reply #253 on: September 21, 2017, 01:26:37 PM »

Good luck Yagen!

Datum

« Reply #254 on: September 21, 2017, 08:20:42 PM »

@Datum I respect your opinion.

It's a compliment. You should join Lluser's team.
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)

yagen

« Reply #255 on: October 29, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »

Dear mates,

I am in the final days of lengthening. I have wanted to be outside of the forums focus in lengthening, workout.

I attached a video of the evolution, till now I had not any complications, I have been very carefully, I have been a lot of time in the wheelchair, doing bicycle and workout routine.

I think tibias are a little more painful than femurs. I have not ballerina problems, but I have to focus on the full extension of my knee.

I could hand by myself between bed, wheelchair, and restroom the third day after surgery.

Pros of bilateral vs Two stages.

- You only focus on the pain of your worst leg.
- Just one surgery

Cons

- you are not independent like with crutches, drive a wheelchair in the street is an odyssey and you need an assistant for anything.

It is a personal decision bilateral/two stages.

I will try to answer all de Private message that I have.

https://vimeo.com/240383192

bander72.

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2017, 08:28:47 PM »

Yagen is your final height will be more than 180cm? Can you specify how much height do you gain( or will gain) in each surgery ?
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

yagen

« Reply #257 on: November 06, 2017, 11:57:44 AM »

I try to answer some private message.

My height is now about 1,84-1,85 with shoes.

I did 6 cms in femurs and 4 in tibias.

I think that tibias are a little more painful because the worst stage in lengthening is between 1 and 3 cms. But after one week finished lengthening you feel without pain just a little pain in the knee in the muscles because I have to improve my extension of the knee but everyday muscles accept their new height.

I dont have any pain in the insertion of the nail in the knee.

I will have a new Xray next week to check the consolidation.

enrique

• Visitor
« Reply #258 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:27 PM »

I did 6 cms in femurs and 4 in tibias.

I think that tibias are a little more painful because the worst stage in lengthening is between 1 and 3 cms. But after one week finished lengthening you feel without pain just a little pain in the knee in the muscles because I have to improve my extension of the knee but everyday muscles accept their new height.

I dont have any pain in the insertion of the nail in the knee.

I will have a new Xray next week to check the consolidation.
Why you did so little CM in each limb? would you along  longer more Cm  if you want to ,Is it either a doctor limitation or your option for safety issues?, as I know femur can go up to 8 cm and tibias go up to 6,5 cm,why you don't go to get these 14,5 cm?
Admin Note: User banned for creating multiple accounts (bander72. deniscef, backrandon, enrique)  and trying to impersonate other users with similar nicks.

helloworld

« Reply #259 on: November 06, 2017, 02:43:48 PM »

With shoes and socks, right?
So that your actual height would be around 1,82?
Have a great recovery!
1,80 -> 185
185 wingspan
surgery Nov/Dec 2016, stopped lengthening April 2017
Dr. Monegal patient

yagen

« Reply #260 on: November 08, 2017, 04:02:32 PM »

@enrique this is a surgery with you have to manage some doubts at the beginning.
I remember two years ago with my first appointment with Dr Monegal, I want to reach to 8 cms, it is possible some users (like bohemia) have done. But for me first I reached 5 cm and I saw that my body can do 1 cm more.

Think that some people have pre consolidation, but other have a low consolidation and no union.

You have to manage risk and reward, for me, 6 cms in femurs and 4 in tibias are safe goals.

Other point is proportions, 14 cms are too much. I remember Iamready he did 7+5, and he wants to wear flat shoes. And after of that, he did LL in the humerus.

Sometimes less is more.

@helloworld
I will be lower than you, but we can compare next time in our next coffee.
I will wear snow socks :p

yagen

« Reply #261 on: November 14, 2017, 10:59:20 AM »

New X-Ray.

Consolidation is good.

https://vimeo.com/242725666

yagen

« Reply #262 on: November 24, 2017, 10:03:21 AM »

@jojo thanks for your support

I Upload a video asking you PM.

https://vimeo.com/244312827

BSHR

• Visitor
« Reply #263 on: November 24, 2017, 01:33:13 PM »

Good luck, yagen. Have a fast recovery!

yagen

« Reply #264 on: December 20, 2017, 08:41:59 AM »

I attached you the xray after three months.

At this point, I can walk with crutches by the street, upstairs and downstairs without problems, I can stand up without crutches and my legs start to feel stronger.

Comparing femurs and tibias, I think tibias are harder than femurs, I don't have any pain in my knee, but ankle suffer more and the stability is worst because in femurs you can suffer lordosis and in tibias ankle pain. Ankle is more important for stability than your ass. I remember Iamready telling the same with his ankles.

After three months post surgery with the internal method, the consolidation is good but I think the rate of consolidation of 1 or 1,5 months for cms is not so true as other users said. I can imagine how long you have to waste with an external method without an internal nail. I can imagine how long you have to waste with a external method without a internal nail.

Speaking with Dr. M, he offered me fitbone or Precise to do tibias.

BSHR thanks for your wishes

Antonio

« Reply #265 on: December 20, 2017, 10:25:50 AM »

I attached you the xray after three months.

At this point, I can walk with crutches by the street, upstairs and downstairs without problems, I can stand up without crutches and my legs start to feel stronger.

Comparing femurs and tibias, I think tibias are harder than femurs, I don't have any pain in my knee, but ankle suffer more and the stability is worst because in femurs you can suffer lordosis and in tibias ankle pain. Ankle is more important for stability than your ass. I remember Iamready telling the same with his ankles.

After three months post surgery with the internal method, the consolidation is good but I think the rate of consolidation of 1 or 1,5 months for cms is not so true as other users said. I can imagine how long you have to waste with an external method without an internal nail. I can imagine how long you have to waste with a external method without a internal nail.

Speaking with Dr. M, he offered me fitbone or Precise to do tibias.

BSHR thanks for your wishes

Well done Yagen, thanks for the update

awatim

• Visitor
« Reply #266 on: January 04, 2018, 10:08:12 AM »

hello

when did you come back to work after such operation ? does it require long sickness leave? or you are able to work during the process?

yagen

« Reply #267 on: February 07, 2018, 08:37:18 AM »

@awatin

I was working at home, but I can go to my office one month after finished lengthening.

I attached the xray after 4,5 months, the consolidation is good but I think is slower than in my femurs.
A lot of people speak about fitbone devices I have 4 fitbone devices without any problem I have been very careful with them using crutches during lengthening and the first week after finished.

If was a great decision to do just 4 cms because my ankle is perfect, I have no pain in my knee and I was a bit of ballerina feet but after walking every day and left a rise in my shoe it disappears.

These are my last xRay.

https://vimeo.com/254638159

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #268 on: February 12, 2018, 07:48:00 AM »

Do you know if there is the option to remove the antenna after you finish lengthening? Or does it have to stay in until the whole rod is removed?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

yagen

« Reply #269 on: February 12, 2018, 09:09:56 AM »

Yes, this week I am going to remove the antenna and the lower screws that fix the fibula to the tibiae in order to get more mobility in my ankle.

I will try to upload a video walking this after small surgery with the stitches.

Mars

• Visitor
« Reply #270 on: February 13, 2018, 04:03:33 AM »

Yes, this week I am going to remove the antenna and the lower screws that fix the fibula to the tibiae in order to get more mobility in my ankle.

I will try to upload a video walking this after small surgery with the stitches.

Thanks for the answer, I hope the surgery goes well! Is there an additional cost for the antenna removal or is part of the main surgery cost?

yagen

« Reply #271 on: February 16, 2018, 07:03:19 AM »

Dr Monegal quit me one of the antennae in my femur, in the surgery of the second femurs without any fee.

This time I prefer to quit the antennas left (1 in femur and 2 in tibias) besides two lower nails that join tibiae and fibula.

it was around 1200 euros, the higher item was operating theater, anesthetist and blood test and I prefer to stay one night at the hospital.

Other mate patients quit antenna with the nail at the same time and es the cheaper way because quit antenna he spends just 10 minutes.

I attached a video walking without shoes in order to see I don't have ballerina's feet, I walk a little worst than previous weeks because I had the stitches of the antennas, and it hurt.

https://vimeo.com/256024014

And in another video, you can see the old stitch of the antenna 1,5 year that is very complicated to find.

https://vimeo.com/256024547

I am very happy with my new height, but it is like a vicious, I would like to add 2,5 cms more in a future to my tibias.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I go on thinking that tibias are harder than femurs ankle and Achilles heel are very important in the stability, thus If you do too many cms your recovery will be worst.

Body Builder

« Reply #272 on: February 16, 2018, 11:57:45 AM »

Dr Monegal quit me one of the antennae in my femur, in the surgery of the second femurs without any fee.

This time I prefer to quit the antennas left (1 in femur and 2 in tibias) besides two lower nails that join tibiae and fibula.

it was around 1200 euros, the higher item was operating theater, anesthetist and blood test and I prefer to stay one night at the hospital.

Other mate patients quit antenna with the nail at the same time and es the cheaper way because quit antenna he spends just 10 minutes.

I attached a video walking without shoes in order to see I don't have ballerina's feet, I walk a little worst than previous weeks because I had the stitches of the antennas, and it hurt.

And in another video, you can see the old stitch of the antenna 1,5 year that is very complicated to find.

I am very happy with my new height, but it is like a vicious, I would like to add 2,5 cms more in a future to my tibias.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I go on thinking that tibias are harder than femurs ankle and Achilles heel are very important in the stability, thus If you do too many cms your recovery will be worst.
Good work Yagen.
But you now have an excellent heigbt so stop thinking about doing 2.5cm more and all these bs.
LL is not a game, you should now continue your life and finish with it completely otherwise you may suffer from bdd as it is not normal for someone who is about 1.82 after 2 LLs thinking to break his bones for a rhird time for no reason!

Anyway I think that you'll act sensibly and enjoy your life without thinking about LL again.

Keep strong.

Whimsical

« Reply #273 on: February 23, 2018, 01:13:25 AM »

Good work Yagen.
But you now have an excellent heigbt so stop thinking about doing 2.5cm more and all these bs.
LL is not a game, you should now continue your life and finish with it completely otherwise you may suffer from bdd as it is not normal for someone who is about 1.82 after 2 LLs thinking to break his bones for a rhird time for no reason!

Anyway I think that you'll act sensibly and enjoy your life without thinking about LL again.

Keep strong.

This makes me think you suffer from BDD. How does your doctor accepts this. You're not in your mind.

Bohemia

« Reply #274 on: February 24, 2018, 04:22:38 PM »

At this point, I think it's easier to do bilateral tibias than two stages with femurs. knee suffers less. I can handle by myself the third day between the bed and wheelchair and go to the bathroom.

I feel better right leg than the left one, but it is normal, I had more curly my left leg.

I took a stolen picture of the Dr. Monegal / Dr. Donghoon Lee / Frenchman Dr and a girl while they were taking a snack, and I was waiting for admission

This photo amuses me because I literally sat in that exact chair in the same lobby like three days ago.

I underwent my nail removal in Clinica Diagonal this week. Good luck to you.
Dr. Alex Monegal / Barcelona, Spain / Femurs 8cm / Implanted August 25, 2015 / Removed February 21, 2018

yagen

« Reply #275 on: February 27, 2018, 12:37:04 PM »

@ Bohemia

I am very glad for you.

Glenn, Krp1 and you were my inspiration to do LL, You do a great job telling your way through LL, I had  a lot of doubts and It was easy to solve and share my thoughts with your post. I am very grateful

@Whimsical and @body boulder

Many thanks for your best wishes. I know now its time to enjoy the life, time to recover.

I just said that height is addictive, Doctor advised me not no do more than 4 cm for my proportion in tibiae, He is very conservative.

I attached new xray and evolutions of the scars (scar of the antenna two years after surgery over left leg and las scar of the antenna in right leg, surgery three weeks ago) and the evolution of the healing on the tibiae

Knik

« Reply #276 on: February 27, 2018, 12:41:15 PM »

the scars are good, easily to hide
Looking for Pili

yagen

« Reply #277 on: September 10, 2018, 09:09:25 PM »

Hi mates,

After one year post surgery  I am going to upload a video hiking in the mountains.

It is the BEST way to check the final goal

Yagen

yagen

« Reply #278 on: September 12, 2018, 07:56:59 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15   Go Up