Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibial 8cm in Vietnam  (Read 60645 times)

Asiann123

Re: LON Tibial 8cm in Vietnam
« Reply #124 on: November 29, 2016, 12:04:19 PM »

You dont feel pain from using the shoe lifts right know.

Not really, It is actually feel better to wear lifts because I have a bit of ballerina.

Anndr000

« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2016, 05:26:14 PM »

I think you are mistaken? in your previous post, you said that the 4 month stays with accommodation will be an additional 5000 USD, which is on top of the 5000USD Leg lengthening. Here you are saying that the 4 month stay is included in the price... which is it?

Asiann123

« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2016, 05:37:04 PM »

I think you are mistaken? in your previous post, you said that the 4 month stays with accommodation will be an additional 5000 USD, which is on top of the 5000USD Leg lengthening. Here you are saying that the 4 month stay is included in the price... which is it?
Hey sorry, maybe I make you guys confuse what I mean.
So 5500 usd for L.O.N
And for staying is another 5000 usd.
5500 USD just only for the 3 surgery and medicine and x-quang and stuff. Not include private room.
Sorry my bad. :D

Asiann123

« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2016, 05:44:35 PM »

Is the 4 month private room included in the fee or is it extra? How much extra money do you think I should bring in case of complication? I'm definitely planning to post a diary whenever I start LL.
Hey sorry i got you the wrong answer,
So for the L.O.N the fee is 5500 USD
for Illazavor is 5000 USD
this fee is only  for the surgery. Include all surgery fee and medicine and xquang hospital fee.
The private room and others convinence come in a package for 5000 USD
You can go back to my previous post to check what this 5000 USD include of. I think i post a quite long post about doctor and the insitute's information.
So for total, if you do L.O.N, I recommend you bring more than 10500 USD.
Maybe 14500 USD is what you should bring with you to cover if complication appear.

Anndr000

« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2016, 05:18:38 PM »

So does your leg feel any heavier when you're walking around with the nail inside your bones?

Asiann123

« Reply #129 on: December 03, 2016, 11:09:51 AM »

So does your leg feel any heavier when you're walking around with the nail inside your bones?

Actually, its lighter because the frames are heavy. About 2kg or something I guess. The nail make your knees feel tight. You will feel it inside your legs, like you know where is it inside you body but It won't hurt you.

Asiann123

« Reply #130 on: December 03, 2016, 11:14:35 AM »

For some of you if you have infection on pin sites. You should drink centella asiatica smoothy. It helps heep with the infection and wound healing.
When i was in the insitute, they make me to dink a glass of it everyday to prevent infections.
It tastes like nothing so they normally mix it with sugar.

Penguinn

« Reply #131 on: December 03, 2016, 12:11:23 PM »

Congratulations, awesome to see how life changing it was for you.

I have some questions, out of curiosity..
1) How much would you rate the average pain on 10, 0 being pre-op normality and 10 being pain that makes you wish you were dead?
2) Do people notice something odd regarding your proportions? 3" tibia lengthening + 3" heels is a lot of height for just the parts below the knee.
3) Is the average height of males there 5'4.5 or 5'7? I'm talking about your friends, social circles, etc. Google wasn't specific enough about India in the sense they take the average height of even malnourished people, and there are a lot of them and that skews the survey.
4) In your first post you said you'll do femur eventually too. Is that dream still alive or are you satisfied?

Anndr000

« Reply #132 on: December 15, 2016, 03:55:55 PM »

Hello Asiann123, i was wondering if you had to pay extra for the physical therapy while you were there? or did you have your own physical therapist that helped you do leg lengthening exercises everyday throughout your lengthening process?

sandman51

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2016, 04:43:46 PM »

Hello Asiann123, after consolidation (healing) is done can you leave the nails inside you? (to avoid the surgery)
I understand that you are in your own country, but do you happen to know if the doctors and nurses speak some English?  Is it common to see foreigners doing this surgery?
Do you work on your recovery alone or with a physiotherapist?

Sorry for flooding you with questions ;D

Anndr000

« Reply #134 on: December 18, 2016, 03:56:52 PM »

From what i've read, it is advise to remove the nails once your bone fully consolidate.. reason is that the nail can have an effect on your bone if left inside for too long. Your bone starts to weaken and something about you losing blood cells in places that supposed to be bone, but instead is now replaced with the nails.

I believe the doctors and nurses do speak some English. I have been in contact with them recently through emails, and all of our communications have been through english.

In regards to the physiotherapist, the doctor there told me that you need physical therapy throughout the lengthening process, they charge 20USD per session if you want their specific experience leg lengthening physical therapist (with 10 years of experience in leg lengthening therapy) to come visit your home and work with you through the physical therapy. Or you can pay for their all inclusive package which is 10,500 USD, where they cover your stay, meal, physical therapy, doctor access, medicine, x-ray fee or any sort of accommodation you need. This package is a 3 months deal.

doomsday

« Reply #135 on: January 14, 2017, 11:28:58 PM »

Hi Asiann123

Can you tell us about your current condition?

Asiann123

« Reply #136 on: January 19, 2017, 05:25:52 PM »

Hello again,
Sorry guys for disappear in such a long period but i was enjoying new life so much that I almost forget my promise with u guys.
I'm currently perfect. I mean, I have some ballenrine, about 3cm but it is surely comming down due to what my physical therapist said, i need round 3 to 6 months post op to walk perfecly normal so I wont really push anything.
My experient from legs lengthening is you should never push your self too hard cause it will actually hurt your body. You just recover from one of the biggest operation so just let everything cool down in peace.

I once tried tô hard to get rid of the ballenrine foot and end up with some bad swelling on my legs which freak me out but its fine, with plenty of rest and right medication everything went back to normal again.

Again, please consider bringing your lift shoes with you cause you WILL NEED IT.

Here are pics that i take after when i first learn to walk again without frame.
This is 10 days after my surgery. I was wearing 5cm lift shoes to help with walking. Without it I couldn't even move.
http://m.imgur.com/QBLxrwy,l275oay

Asiann123

« Reply #137 on: January 19, 2017, 05:41:42 PM »

Congratulations, awesome to see how life changing it was for you.

I have some questions, out of curiosity..
1) How much would you rate the average pain on 10, 0 being pre-op normality and 10 being pain that makes you wish you were dead?
2) Do people notice something odd regarding your proportions? 3" tibia lengthening + 3" heels is a lot of height for just the parts below the knee.
3) Is the average height of males there 5'4.5 or 5'7? I'm talking about your friends, social circles, etc. Google wasn't specific enough about India in the sense they take the average height of even malnourished people, and there are a lot of them and that skews the survey.
4) In your first post you said you'll do femur eventually too. Is that dream still alive or are you satisfied?

1 I dont understand it fully sorry but if you ask me about pain. I would say it is really bad like 10/10 for the very first day of my operation (frame on). I must to admit that I cried out loud for the first 3 or 4 days, but after that it is pretty much easy to handle. At 15 days its zero pain and at that point i didnt take any pain medication or sleeping pill. I just live with it and then i had my second operation.

The second period is when I take out the frame. 7/10 pain for the first night out of the operation room. When i wake up the next morning It was 4/10, still need few paracetamol pills (500mg) for every 6 hours for around 4 days and then done.
Nothing else aside those supplements and antibiotics for the rest of my recovery.

2. No, they just simply ask me why I came back from no where and look so tall and I give them some answer like puberty hit me hard before 18 hahaha and they actually believe it so no problem with that.

3 I'm a Vietnamese not an Indian but it is okay i' not offended haha, the average height for my country is god damn low thanks god. Its around 1m64 -> 1m73

4 I will do femur too. I'm going to do 6cm to 8cm.

Asiann123

« Reply #138 on: January 19, 2017, 05:48:53 PM »

Hello Asiann123, i was wondering if you had to pay extra for the physical therapy while you were there? or did you have your own physical therapist that helped you do leg lengthening exercises everyday throughout your lengthening process?

Hey, if you pay full price. There will be a physical therapist to take care for your legs. I pay something like that because my mom want me to stay at the insitute so I have one everyday till the day i can walk without crutches.
They just increase their price because this year the tax things are real pain in the ass. I'm so sorry for the comming patients.
12600 for 8cm and 12000 for 6cm. But you will pay in Vietnam dong and due to the fact that dollar is going up i think you can save a couple hundred bucks.
Also they do cover complications with this package.
I'm so piss at them because why the website is not even up yet. Vietnamese are sooo lazy :))))). They don't know how hard it is without a website for international patients urgg

This is the full package including everything for international patients but if you just go there to do operate like a local, they chagre.
140.000.000 vnd for 8cm
And 120.000.000vnd for 6cm
This fee will cover
Xrays, operations (frame on frame off, nail remove)
Frames, nails.
Drugs
14 days stay in hospital
Following checks.

Asiann123

« Reply #139 on: January 19, 2017, 06:02:38 PM »

Hello Asiann123, after consolidation (healing) is done can you leave the nails inside you? (to avoid the surgery)
I understand that you are in your own country, but do you happen to know if the doctors and nurses speak some English?  Is it common to see foreigners doing this surgery?
Do you work on your recovery alone or with a physiotherapist?

Sorry for flooding you with questions ;D

Nope, the nails need to be removed after 1,5 to 2 years. When you come in for operation, there will be a translator to help you to talk with doctors for first few days. When your condition is okay, they will leave you a dictonary for request to communicate with nurse and helper.
Things like
Hurt, swelling, hungry, help me to go to toilet or sth will be on that dictionary. If you need futher, you can text the translate guy to show up and help you. He just not there everyday because its not really neccessory. A lot of oversea people. They have patients from everywhere.
I work with the physical therapist guys for about 4 months until i can walk without crutches then i stopped. You need him to help strech your calf muscle (i might spell wrong lol)
Otherwise you might end up with some reallll bad ballenrine foot 

Asiann123

« Reply #140 on: January 19, 2017, 06:19:48 PM »

Hey, the frames are actually 3kg each, i ask the doctor to keep it as a gift lolllll
After frames removal walking is soooo easy.
If you dont want ballenrine foot you can do 6cm. And go back to normal life like a cham.

Asiann123

« Reply #141 on: January 19, 2017, 06:27:02 PM »

Hmmm there is a female patient who want to share her experience as well but she doesn't speak any english. Do you guys think i should post it on or not? If I make another thread for her story will I break the forum laws or sth?

notimportant

« Reply #142 on: January 19, 2017, 08:38:40 PM »

I think you can do it as far as you translate what she wants you to translate and don't say more than that
Banned: Multiple Accounts (Datum)

Asiann123

« Reply #143 on: January 21, 2017, 08:31:45 PM »

Hey today I found my old pic. This is 7 days post op after my first surgery http://m.imgur.com/3zopji8

And this is frames off's surgery post op 12 days
http://m.imgur.com/x37Wu3M

Anndr000

« Reply #144 on: February 21, 2017, 03:35:01 PM »

Hey Asiann123,

How is everything? are you recovering well? are you able to go back to your normal life without any problems? keep us updated.

« Reply #145 on: February 21, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »

Hi,asiann123
Please tell me your wingspan, thank you.

k3y1

• Visitor
« Reply #146 on: March 01, 2017, 01:25:43 PM »

Hey Asiann123,

I hope you're still active in the forum. I just sent you a message. Please take a look at it and let me know

« Reply #147 on: March 01, 2017, 04:07:23 PM »

With another 8CM of femoral lengthening, your proportions will be noticeably outside of the normal range - you are already at the upper limit proportionally of leg/body ratio with just your tibia which look incredibly long.

yolo123

• Visitor
« Reply #148 on: March 06, 2017, 06:17:32 PM »

Yo Asian, I have been interested doing limp lengthening too but it was too expensive since my first choice of doctor is in LA and total cost is 85K. I found your post I was surprised that in Vietnam offer limp lengthening. I'm fluent Vietnamese and I also did my eyes and hair implant in Vietnam and it was pretty cheap.Do you happen to know the address of the office or phone number of your doctor? Do you know any other doctor that do limp lengthening other the 2 you mention? cam on nha ban :) Do you have a private email where I can hit you up and talk?

Penguinn

« Reply #149 on: March 07, 2017, 08:41:11 AM »

With another 8CM of femoral lengthening, your proportions will be noticeably outside of the normal range - you are already at the upper limit proportionally of leg/body ratio with just your tibia which look incredibly long.

I second this. If you do it and stand next to a natural 5'7.5 person, you will look worlds apart. Ultimately your choice.

Bander72

« Reply #150 on: March 07, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »

And he said he uses like 7 cm insoles so his Tibias must be in pain and look like apotheosis proportions.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Asiann123

« Reply #151 on: March 07, 2017, 10:31:06 AM »

Hey Asiann123,

How is everything? are you recovering well? are you able to go back to your normal life without any problems? keep us updated.

I still have ballenrina foot. It is going down but still i have some. I cannot walk on bare foot. I can only walk with shoes lift on (about 3cm).
Anyway, I will slowly adjust it so that my feet will flat again soon.
I'm going back to uni and a friend told me that I walk a little bit weird I just told her i have motobike accident and they all believe it. I just took the frame out for like 4 months so I think in the long run (about more months) i can walk normal again.
No knee pain, no bent legs.

Asiann123

« Reply #152 on: March 07, 2017, 10:32:07 AM »

Hi,asiann123
Please tell me your wingspan, thank you.

Hey sorry but I dont know my wingspan

Asiann123

« Reply #153 on: March 07, 2017, 10:35:45 AM »

Hey Asiann123,

I hope you're still active in the forum. I just sent you a message. Please take a look at it and let me know

Hope you got my last email.

Asiann123

« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2017, 10:38:01 AM »

If I do femur, i will only go with 5cm or 6cm. My tibial look long because i wear short and I was losing a lot of weight doing this. When i put on normal clothes, it seem fine. No one comment about my extra long legs.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up