Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Down

Author Topic: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar  (Read 185623 times)

Re: Penguinn- Precice II internal femurs with Dr. Parihar
« Reply #651 on: June 27, 2018, 09:07:33 PM »

I'm honestly not sure about the exact amount, I was just getting a point across

I think 5cm on either segment should be a great, safe goal, relatively speaking.

But do you think that athleticism will get much worse if you lengthen 2 segments (even by a reasonable amount as you suggest) compared to 1 segment only?

totallyred

« Reply #652 on: June 27, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

Penguin did you get it band release?

Penguinn

« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2018, 06:10:09 AM »

But do you think that athleticism will get much worse if you lengthen 2 segments (even by a reasonable amount as you suggest) compared to 1 segment only?

I only have experience lengthening one segment so my guess is as good as yours.

Is lengthening 7.5 in one segment worse than 6+4 in both? I don't know, but if I had lengthened only 6, I would probably be 100% right now, not even realise I'd done LL... and definitely 100% after nail removal (which I'm hoping I will be anyway). If I had to put my money on something, I would wager 6+4 is better. I wouldn't recommend doing 3" anyway unless you're really f*cking short.

« Reply #654 on: June 28, 2018, 05:06:58 PM »

I only have experience lengthening one segment so my guess is as good as yours.

Is lengthening 7.5 in one segment worse than 6+4 in both? I don't know, but if I had lengthened only 6, I would probably be 100% right now, not even realise I'd done LL... and definitely 100% after nail removal (which I'm hoping I will be anyway). If I had to put my money on something, I would wager 6+4 is better. I wouldn't recommend doing 3" anyway unless you're really f*cking short.

What's your guess between 5 in tibia and 6+4 in both?

Penguinn

« Reply #655 on: June 28, 2018, 07:32:26 PM »

What's your guess between 5 in tibia and 6+4 in both?

For athleticism retainment? Definitely 5cms in tibia over 6cm+4cm.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #656 on: June 28, 2018, 07:46:04 PM »

Dr Birkholtz said in his thread a while back that he's of the opinion doing both segments makes your athleticism worse than doing just one segment, since it has more to do with the stretching of the soft tissues and not the tibia/femur ratio.

I wouldnt imagine competitive sport being within the realm of possibility after any CLL, at least if you wanna be really good at it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Penguinn

« Reply #657 on: June 28, 2018, 08:14:36 PM »

Dr Birkholtz said in his thread a while back that he's of the opinion doing both segments makes your athleticism worse than doing just one segment, since it has more to do with the stretching of the soft tissues and not the tibia/femur ratio.

True, but what I imagine is something like this: every centimetre after the safe limit is as bad as 2cms within the safe limit, recovery wise
So assuming the tibia safe limit is 5cms, 7cms in tibias is as bad as 5cms tibias + 4 cms femurs

I pulled these numbers out my @ss but you see what I mean. Doing 8cms in femurs might not be better than doing 6 in femurs and 4 in tibias.

Of course doing 7cms femurs is better recovery wise than doing 7cms femurs + 4 cms tibias.

I wouldnt imagine competitive sport being within the realm of possibility after any CLL, at least if you wanna be really good at it.
Agreed. Anyone that wants to compete on a serious level after LL needs to prioritize and pick one.

« Reply #658 on: June 28, 2018, 09:06:45 PM »

But the question is how much worse? Or is it negligible?

Competitive sport not being a possibility is quite anecdotal and it comes from people like Body Builder, Sweden who overlengthened. Even you overlengthened a little with 6cm.

But even if it's true, fights usually end in a few seconds on the street.

Agreed. Anyone that wants to compete on a serious level after LL needs to prioritize and pick one.

But it's not really an option to me. They are both obligatory. The idea is I'm willing to sacrifice a little bit of my legs' athletic function if it means taking me from 'short' to 'normal'.

By the way, I came across an older post that's quite interesting: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=481.msg8548#msg8548

*Patients at 6 months post op, 1 year post op, and 2 years post op were tested with these tests, and the patients on average by the 2 year mark were within 3% of their pre-operative strength and ability.     

Penguinn

« Reply #659 on: June 28, 2018, 09:22:24 PM »

3% is a lot.
Anyway, no point in discussing this. You'll find out when you do LL for yourself. Just remember, if competing professionally is your life and more important than height- don't do LL

minimalist

• Visitor
« Reply #660 on: June 29, 2018, 03:54:37 AM »

You should check out his site specifically made for CLL patients, which lists PRECICE.

Thanks! this is really helpful

totallyred

« Reply #661 on: July 07, 2018, 07:10:55 PM »

Is it necessary to do IT band release/ ATL surgery post femur/limb lengthening? What is the approximate maximum length which one can go without IT band/ATL?
Thanks!

Penguinn

« Reply #662 on: July 08, 2018, 04:42:59 AM »

Is it necessary to do IT band release/ ATL surgery post femur/limb lengthening? What is the approximate maximum length which one can go without IT band/ATL?
Thanks!

I'm not sure of the amount
I didn't even know whether Parihar was doing it on me or not, but I asked him post-op and he said he did.
Don't know how my experience would have changed if he hadn't

dan56

• Visitor
« Reply #663 on: July 08, 2018, 05:48:04 AM »

he didn't tell you he is going to do that?
or you didn't pay attention to all his explanations?
either way it sound a little weck...
English isn't my native language. Please feel free when you quote me to add a footnote with correction. Tnx

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #664 on: July 08, 2018, 08:35:29 AM »

I think it's pretty much required to do an IT band release when using Precice in order to help it distract. I think Dr Birkholtz said something along those lines too, though I'd have to search for it.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

totallyred

« Reply #665 on: July 08, 2018, 09:45:10 AM »

I think it's pretty much required to do an IT band release when using Precice in order to help it distract. I think Dr Birkholtz said something along those lines too, though I'd have to search for it.

Release means lengthening or full removal of IT band? What are the long term complications? You have gone through ATL, did it affect your daily life? Please answer. Thanks.

Android

« Reply #666 on: July 08, 2018, 09:55:53 AM »

Release means lengthening or full removal of IT band? What are the long term complications? You have gone through ATL, did it affect your daily life? Please answer. Thanks.

IT band release is not removal (detrimental!), it's incisions to lengthen it. It will heal over time as if nothing was done to it.

Here's DoingItForMe's experience. There was a recent video with Dr. Paley and he still stands by his opinion.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Penguinn

« Reply #667 on: July 08, 2018, 10:02:18 AM »

he didn't tell you he is going to do that?
or you didn't pay attention to all his explanations?
either way it sound a little weck...

"weck"?

I don't remember, it was 1.5 years ago and our initial meetings would be 2.5 to 2 years ago. Plus I didn't really care, I figured I wasn't the surgeon so worrying about what to release and not was not my headache. But I remember asking post op and he said yes he did.

totallyred

« Reply #668 on: July 08, 2018, 08:33:13 PM »

"weck"?

I don't remember, it was 1.5 years ago and our initial meetings would be 2.5 to 2 years ago. Plus I didn't really care, I figured I wasn't the surgeon so worrying about what to release and not was not my headache. But I remember asking post op and he said yes he did.

How is your recovery is it still 95%? How much are the symptoms such as Duck Ass, Wide legs and equinus etc due to the surgery? Do you anytime feel looseness/pain in your knees due to IT band release?

Penguinn

« Reply #669 on: July 09, 2018, 03:38:41 PM »

There is no duckass, I don't know what wide legs is and no knee pain

I only get strain in the quads more than pre-LL when I run, should be better after nail removal. I don't think I can be 100% without taking them out tbh

Brb6ftTall

« Reply #670 on: July 15, 2018, 08:09:18 PM »

What’s up Penguinn! I don’t post here much but I remembered your diary from months ago back when I used to come on here regularly. Sooo happy to see you’ve gotten better. You and I were very similar. I’m a little older than you and taller than you, but I had the same problem you had - but in my right leg instead of my left.

I’ve been “95%” for quite a while too. I run regularly twice a week and it gets better every time, I’m still not able to sprint as fast as I could pre LL, but my speed was college level track fast so that might never happen again lol. My squat is only about 2/3 of what it used to be, but it’s been progressing regularly as well. Upper body exercises are the highest they’ve ever been though. But I’m with you, if this is the furthest I get recovery wise I would 100% not regret it, I’d do it all over again if I had to because the extra height is amazing.

Anyways, I was really commenting just to let you know i’m getting my rods removed sometime within the next month - I’ll let you know what differences I notice, since judging by our similarities you’ll probably notice too. Congrats on the recovery!

Penguinn

« Reply #671 on: July 18, 2018, 12:30:33 AM »

Yep, I'll be looking forward to your experience  :D

raku

« Reply #672 on: September 14, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »

Dear penguin
Congratulation your 7.5cm get and recover!
Your detailed diary do help me hugely.
How are you? Do you have the nail removed and walk feel with pain?
Thanks you. Best wish.
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

Penguinn

« Reply #673 on: September 14, 2018, 05:24:17 PM »

I'm almost fully recovered and whatever minor feelings (remainders of LL) I feel stem from the screws of the nails. Unfortunately I won't have the time to remove these nails for 1 to 2 years because of my hectic schedule. It sucks, but meh. Apart from playing sports at full force (haven't tried), I do everything else totally normally. I don't think it's possible to recover more than 95 to 99% unless the nails come out.

Penguinn

« Reply #674 on: September 14, 2018, 05:25:07 PM »

I lurk every now and then but I have nothing to report. I'll write about my removal in a year or two, whenever I do it.

hotty

« Reply #675 on: September 16, 2018, 10:51:47 AM »

Hi Penguinn

I am happy for your success!

What size nail did you get? From your x-rays, the doctor seems to done less reaming and there is a lot of bone around the nails (unlike a couple of European doctors who put in large nails).

How weight bearing were you during lengthening? How did you manage to get to the toilet, climb a car, etc.?

When you walked using a walker, how much weight can you transfer on your hands?

thanks. Please keep posting your progress updates!

totallyred

« Reply #676 on: October 06, 2018, 05:56:14 PM »

I lurk every now and then but I have nothing to report. I'll write about my removal in a year or two, whenever I do it.

'lurk'?  Is it in a positive sense or otherwise?

raku

« Reply #677 on: October 14, 2018, 05:10:47 PM »

Dear penguin. How do you get medical visa for 3months and how do you pay? Do you use you card with thepos machine?
Less is more.
Maybe one cm up or down could not change your appearance.
But one cm more is definitely do harm to joint than one cm less.
English is not my first language.

hopeful4389

• Visitor
« Reply #678 on: March 24, 2019, 12:07:32 PM »

How is the PT facility at Dr Parihar's hospital? Were you satisfied with it?

BiggestProblem

« Reply #679 on: May 01, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »

IIRC he is indian.
Height: 166cm
Wingspan: 168cm

Finishing school before doing surgery. Most likely to just do tibias to become at least 170cm.

limewalk

« Reply #680 on: January 21, 2020, 03:45:26 PM »

Hi Penguin, did you get your rods removed?

Gman23

« Reply #681 on: July 25, 2020, 10:50:37 PM »

Hey penguin just read your diary, was very exciting to read I was wondering how you are feeling now and if your able to walk properly, also need advice as I’m thinking of doing Surgery with Dr parihar maybe, please reply thank you
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23   Go Up