Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 16 year old boy who's already 6'0"  (Read 9269 times)

Taciturn

16 year old boy who's already 6'0"
« on: April 10, 2017, 01:14:57 PM »

Ugh, where do I start? I'll start with my stats. I'm 16 years old and a half, 6'0" (182.5 cm), 190 pounds, muscular, with a little bit of chub. My arm length, from the acromion bone, to the tip of my middle finger is 88 cm. My hand size, from the base of the palm to middle finger is 9 inches. My sitting height is 100 cm. My inseam is 80 cm, however, the distance from my crotch to the ground is 85 cm. My shoulder width is 23 inches (apparently that's really broad). I have yet to measure my wingspan, but I will make sure to update you.

So, I am aware that I haven't finished growing yet, and that at this height, an increase in height will virtually have little to zero affect on my social status, and society's outlook on me in general. I've never had any disadvantage in life exclusively because of my height, neither was I ever a victim of prejudice because of my height. However, I really don't care. I'm doing this for me. I'm trying my best to get as close as I can to my personal mental image of "perfect height", and that is from 6'3"-6'5". I'm not trying to find out if it's worth it or not, that is for me to decide. However, I'm a proportion freak, and I want to know if a total gain of 4 inches might skew my proportions, and drift me away from the attractive/normal human proportions.

Worth noting is that I'm in no way planning to do this surgery anytime soon. This is just contemplation and preemptive planning for the future. I seem to follow the same growth pattern as my two older brothers (both are 6'1" and both are older than 18 years old), and after a lot of research, I inferred to the fact that I may grow at most 2 cm, or 3 (or nothing at all. Who REALLY knows?) if I'm lucky, and that will all be growth in my spine.

So, in order to give you guys something to work with in regard to my proportions, picture an abnormally muscular 16 year old boy with broad shoulders, a long ass torso, monkey arms (I get them from my mom), and stubby, thick, muscular legs. Do you think an increase in total of 10 cm will be too much? I was thinking about 5 cm in each bone. I will provide pictures of myself if you want.

Thanks in advance.

TIBIKE200

Re: 16 year old boy who's already 6'0"
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 01:21:01 PM »

show a pic. Could all be in your mind
I learned some stuff during this time

Taciturn

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 01:35:15 PM »

What do you mean it could all be in my head? Of course it is! I want to be 193 cm, not people. I will send a picture in a minute.

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2017, 02:29:03 PM »

Do something else to improve your looks and don't consider LL because it won't bring any benefit to you, only drawbacks.

Your height is good so if you don't like your appearance change something else, not something that it is already very good.

Taciturn

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2017, 02:46:07 PM »

Although I sincerely appreciate your input, you really didn't answer my questions at all. You just regurgitated what I've already heard a million times. Maybe on an objective, universal level, short guys do benefit more from this surgery, however, I already stated that I couldn't care less about what people think about my height. Yes, maybe I'd have a bigger motive to increase my height if I faced discrimination or deterrence in life due to my height, but that still doesn't mean that just because I'm already somewhat tall, I'm immune to height neurosis. It's more of a personal goal. And, it doesn't work like that. Just because I'm not happy with my height, doesn't mean the problem stems from another region of my body. I'm fine with my face. I'm fine with my level of muscularity. In fact, I am considerably more muscular than the average man in my country, but still, in my head, I don't like my height as much as people in this site don't, so why am I not as good of a candidate of body modification as the rest of you? To you, maybe the cons and risks outweigh the pros, but to me, it seems to be worth it, because it's a dream of mine. Can you please answer my question, now? Thank you.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2017, 02:52:31 PM »

Post the pic already so you could get an asnwer
I learned some stuff during this time

onemorefoot

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »

Troll? If not, you can safely go for that height as your femur And tibia are longer than Many people. But at 6 feet this is a waste of time And money.
Budget will determine my future.

Taciturn

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2017, 03:13:11 PM »

I find it kind of rude that you're assuming I'm a troll for no apparent reason. Wanna explain why? If it's for the picture, I will send one soon.

Honestly, to shorter guys, 6'0" might be the godfather of all heights, but it's really overrated as hell. It won't be a waste of time and money. Not for me, at least.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2017, 03:20:35 PM »

What do you mean it could all be in my head? Of course it is! I want to be 193 cm, not people. I will send a picture in a minute.

Why is being your standard of a "perfect height" more important to you than having full retention of your athletic abilities? You want to be a male model or something? Or extra attention from girls? If you want any career where physical performance is an important aspect then don't bother with this. Worst case scenario you die from embolism, or the surgery goes fine but you live with annoyances like you can't kneel on a hardwood floor or go outside in cold weather without pain. The euphoria you get from being your ideal height will wear off eventually but you'll live the rest of your life with the side effects.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Taciturn

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2017, 03:25:54 PM »

If I knew that increasing my height to this extent would impair my atheltic ability, I wouldn't have asked something as silly as this. I mean, I knew to some extent you wouldn't be as capable as you naturally were, but 5 cm on each bone seemed to apparently be a great choice. Is it not? I thought only exceeding 6 cm would take a toll on your atheltic capabilities. Thank you.

Taciturn

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2017, 03:27:06 PM »

And no, it isn't specifically for modeling or girls, however I may puruse being a model later, but I don't think I have what it takes. It's mostly for my own sanity. And well, I don't plan on pursuing any career that requires having great athletic ability (competing), however, I love working out. Again, I thought only exceeding 6 CM on one bone would have this much of a drastic drawback.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2017, 03:41:31 PM »

And no, it isn't specifically for modeling or girls, however I may puruse being a model later, but I don't think I have what it takes. It's mostly for my own sanity. And well, I don't plan on pursuing any career that requires having great athletic ability (competing), however, I love working out. Again, I thought only exceeding 6 CM on one bone would have this much of a drastic drawback.

If you are 16 you could grow more than 1" do not believe the crap you read online or in these studies even endocrinologists cannot properly predict height

If you weigh 190 at 16 I'd suggest you go on a diet because no offende your generation is usually overweight and you will get fatter as you age anyway. Don't mistake fat for ''well built' or 'muscular' I guarantee you you aren't!

Ozymandias

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2017, 03:43:27 PM »

I agree that your sanity needs some work, but this surgery will not help.

Body Builder

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2017, 03:53:59 PM »

If I knew that increasing my height to this extent would impair my atheltic ability, I wouldn't have asked something as silly as this. I mean, I knew to some extent you wouldn't be as capable as you naturally were, but 5 cm on each bone seemed to apparently be a great choice. Is it not? I thought only exceeding 6 cm would take a toll on your atheltic capabilities. Thank you.
No, doing 2 surgeries will harm your body a lot and you won't have the same athletic abilities an now, eeven if everything goes well.
But most of the times, especially with tibias, things don't go well and you are gonna have from minor to maybe major problems like decrease in balance, pains in knees and ankles, possible premature arthritis and much more that almost anyone who does LL will face.

So if you think that all these are worth to become 6.4ft (which is a far worse height than 6 ft imo in terms of aesthetics) then it is your choice.
But it is a silly choice and I'm telling it to you in a comoletely friendly way.

onemorefoot

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2017, 04:01:42 PM »

Also you can still get some cm, 6 1", at that height this is a little crazy.

Taciturn

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2017, 04:37:42 PM »

If you are 16 you could grow more than 1" do not believe the crap you read online or in these studies even endocrinologists cannot properly predict height

If you weigh 190 at 16 I'd suggest you go on a diet because no offende your generation is usually overweight and you will get fatter as you age anyway. Don't mistake fat for ''well built' or 'muscular' I guarantee you you aren't!

No one knows how much I will grow. I'll just wait and find out after 18.

How do you even know if I'm fat or muscular? Do you know my body more than I do? Dude, I did say I'm a bit chubby, but most of my weight (outside of everything else) is muscle. I'm only 86 KG, which is not THAT much for a decently built, 6'0" guy.

onemorefoot

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2017, 04:41:46 PM »

Not everybody gets fatter with age, why do you write that?

Taciturn

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2017, 04:44:13 PM »

I agree that your sanity needs some work, but this surgery will not help.

Thanks for being useless and uninformative. You really set the standard for terrible LLSF members. I would more than love to hear your input about how I'm apparently insane and deranged, but you didn't even bother to mention why. Just remember that you too are willing to break your bones, stretch your nerves and muscles for a couple of inches of height gain, that you think will astronomically turn your life around. If I'm insane, you must be too. I wasn't even saying I'm 100% gonna do the surgery, I'm just inquiring. Thanks anyways.

Taciturn

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »

No, doing 2 surgeries will harm your body a lot and you won't have the same athletic abilities an now, eeven if everything goes well.
But most of the times, especially with tibias, things don't go well and you are gonna have from minor to maybe major problems like decrease in balance, pains in knees and ankles, possible premature arthritis and much more that almost anyone who does LL will face.

So if you think that all these are worth to become 6.4ft (which is a far worse height than 6 ft imo in terms of aesthetics) then it is your choice.
But it is a silly choice and I'm telling it to you in a comoletely friendly way.

Wow, this was informative and eye-opening. Thanks.

Taciturn

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2017, 04:55:30 PM »

Everyone who goes through the LL procedure will inevitably get decrease in balance, pains in knees and ankles, and arthritis?

google42

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »

What surgeon is going to be willing to perform this on someone who's 6 feet? If you need help with your sanity then get therapy or something.

Taciturn

« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2017, 05:07:17 PM »

What surgeon is going to be willing to perform this on someone who's 6 feet? If you need help with your sanity then get therapy or something.

Does everything go over your head this easily? The fact that I'm 4 inches shorter than my personal ideal height isn't that detrimental. I'm just inquiring about the subject. Who said I needed help with my sanity? Would I like to be 6'4"? Sure, but I'm not gonna kill myself because I'm shorter than that.

google42

« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2017, 05:20:34 PM »

And no, it isn't specifically for modeling or girls, however I may puruse being a model later, but I don't think I have what it takes. It's mostly for my own sanity And well, I don't plan on pursuing any career that requires having great athletic ability (competing), however, I love working out. Again, I thought only exceeding 6 CM on one bone would have this much of a drastic drawback.

You said your doing it for your own sanity, it means you need help with your sanity. Go ahead and do it if you want, you may regret it.

Taciturn

« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 05:30:43 PM »

You said your doing it for your own sanity, it means you need help with your sanity. Go ahead and do it if you want, you may regret it.

Maybe I worded that wrong, but what I meant was that I'm only doing it for myself. Not that I'm crazy or mentally ill.

Taciturn

« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2017, 05:34:06 PM »

And I'm not saying that I want to do it or made a decision. I'm just interested. Thanks for ignoring my question, though.

Ozymandias

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2017, 07:38:13 PM »

Thanks for being useless and uninformative. You really set the standard for terrible LLSF members. I would more than love to hear your input about how I'm apparently insane and deranged, but you didn't even bother to mention why. Just remember that you too are willing to break your bones, stretch your nerves and muscles for a couple of inches of height gain, that you think will astronomically turn your life around. If I'm insane, you must be too. I wasn't even saying I'm 100% gonna do the surgery, I'm just inquiring. Thanks anyways.

You are welcome. The reason I said that your sanity needs some work is double: first, you admitted that your sanity is not OK; and second, you are considering undergoing a massively invasive surgery to "improve" something that is already perfect. Do you think it is really worth the risks?

There are many other ways of improving yourself. Just forget about this surgery.

Yours sincerely,
A guy that will be 3 inches shorter than you after his surgery

Body Builder

« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2017, 09:48:20 PM »

Everyone who goes through the LL procedure will inevitably get decrease in balance, pains in knees and ankles, and arthritis?
More or less. And if not all of them, some of them for sure.
Your feet won't be the same after LL. This surgery is suitable only for people less than average height because you lose something but you get something else.
For average and more people, especially at 6ft like you, this surgery will only bring negatives.
Thats a fact.

Taciturn

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2017, 09:55:51 PM »

You are welcome. The reason I said that your sanity needs some work is double: first, you admitted that your sanity is not OK; and second, you are considering undergoing a massively invasive surgery to "improve" something that is already perfect. Do you think it is really worth the risks?

There are many other ways of improving yourself. Just forget about this surgery.

Yours sincerely,
A guy that will be 3 inches shorter than you after his surgery

1. Absolutely nowhere in this thread did I ever make any statement that remotely implied that I'm demented or mentally unbalanced. That's you speaking on my behalf.

2. This would be 100x times more convincing and substantial if it wasn't for the fact that you are also considering "undergoing a massively invasive surgery to improve" your height. Look, I appreciate that you think my height is "perfect", but I hope you know that there are no universal standards or ideals for the "perfect" male (or female) height. It's mostly subjective and perceptual, and if any, it all suggests that being tall for a man is better, and I do not feel like I'm tall enough. It's essentially the same dysmorphia; we both don't feel tall enough, so who cares what your starting point is? I'm going from tall, to really tall. You're going from short, to average. It seems to me like it's pretty equal in terms of weighing out the pros and cons.

vegeta24

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2017, 10:02:22 PM »

Frankly, do what you want. Although understand at 16 you may even grow a little taller or you might not want this surgery at all in a few years. It really depends if you want to do tibias or femurs, honestly at your height I wouldn't even exceed 4 cm which is basically 1.6 inches. It will be a very noticeably difference and every cm takes an extra toll on your body. You will never be your pre LL self athleticism wise, but you can get very close for sure.

Taciturn

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2017, 10:03:10 PM »

More or less. And if not all of them, some of them for sure.
Your feet won't be the same after LL. This surgery is suitable only for people less than average height because you lose something but you get something else.
For average and more people, especially at 6ft like you, this surgery will only bring negatives.
Thats a fact.

If that was true, I wouldn't have even considered it in the first place. To me, being 6'5" is VERY positive. And, do you really think that going from 6'1" (let's assume I will get there after 5 years) to 6'5" is not that substantial? You short dudes REALLY make this height sound celestial, where it's the shortest tall height out there (along with 5'11. In European countries). In a couple of generations, 6'0" will be nothing but average. In fact, in a class of Europeans, that's roughly what the average is for the young adults and teens. At least in mine. What's so great about being average height, anyways? If you're doing it for women, they mostly like really tall guys. If you're doing it to look more masculine, you're not really that big at average height. Why is it better if I'm starting at a shorter height?

Taciturn

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2017, 10:06:48 PM »

Frankly, do what you want. Although understand at 16 you may even grow a little taller or you might not want this surgery at all in a few years. It really depends if you want to do tibias or femurs, honestly at your height I wouldn't even exceed 4 cm which is basically 1.6 inches. It will be a very noticeably difference and every cm takes an extra toll on your body. You will never be your pre LL self athleticism wise, but you can get very close for sure.

First open-minded response. Thanks. Yes, I agree, but only if I grew at least 3 CM. It doesn't seem like it. I look pretty developed already. I know that I cannot retain 100% of my athletic ability, and I would choose being taller to playing sports on a competitive level. I will still be able to run, jog, walk, lift weights, and do exercises like squats, right? Those are the only important things to me.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up