Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!  (Read 25958 times)

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
Re: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!
« Reply #124 on: October 23, 2020, 02:02:52 PM »

In the end to me its like this, you trade a mental issue for a physical issue...thing is complexes can endure a lifetime...even if happily married, wealthy, etc, etc...that's my fear...

Yeah a lot of people are wealthy and either married or in a serious relationship who get this done.

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Monorail with LON as I may do that in Turkey

It's fine in general but there seems to be more risk of misalignment.  Take it easy while you're in those monorails because they don't hold the bones in place as well as the cages.

Do you ever feel like cold in your bones? where you had LL of course, like the sudden change of weather? specially on winter.

Nope.

Pardon my ignorance but why is having longer legs a problem (if they are not extremely long) compared to people with natural longer legs than torso ratio?

Compared to someone who's naturally proportionate to me, probably very little.  In fact, I had exceptionally great balance, flexibility, and agility at my old height.  I did gymnastics as a kid and wanted to be in contests like Amercian Gladiators or Ninja Warrior.  Maybe this is just what most normal people are able to do. :D

SartBimpson

« Reply #125 on: November 05, 2020, 12:25:24 PM »

What has been the worst experience you've had as a result of this surgery? Also how tall are you now?

Do you think about how different it could've been had you gotten this surgery in the later years where technology has improved a bit since the initial surgery you've had? Seeing as we have PRECICE and STRYDE now.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #126 on: November 05, 2020, 03:22:07 PM »

What has been the worst experience you've had as a result of this surgery? Also how tall are you now?

Definitely the exertional compartment syndrome.  Second would be the scar from where they broke the left leg.  It was big and hypertrophic, and in a place where skin is very thin/tight.  I had three surgeries on that one.  178 cm.

Do you think about how different it could've been had you gotten this surgery in the later years where technology has improved a bit since the initial surgery you've had? Seeing as we have PRECICE and STRYDE now.

The difference is small.  Fitbone, ISKD, Albizzia, and Bliskunov all existed in 2007 for people who wanted and could afford internal lengthening nails.  Those are improvements but didn't change the experience that much.

AimHigh

« Reply #127 on: November 05, 2020, 10:45:26 PM »

Hi, this is from previous post I made earlier this year...This Surgery has resulted in ongoing issues for me, both my Tib's (anterior) have skin numbness and tingling still after 4 years (Precice 8 cm LFemur, Fitbone 5.3 cm RFemur - both Retrograde i.e through the knee insertions).
LKnee now has max 130 Deg flexion with at times a strong pain in my distal anterior/lateral femur and superior lateral Patella, with variable associated uncomfortable swelling, RKnee is now very noisy and "clicky", which makes even light semi-Squats uncomfortable - both knees are always stiff (even worse in the mornings, and horrible in winter) and are at times quite sore around top of patella.
I still have a 2.7 cm LLD, and getting down and up from the floor is a struggle (even though I am  a pretty fit/strong  62 KG/179 cm) and I find it very hard to pick up something from the floor especially with a baby/toddler in my arms!).
Basically I dont take pain killers (I value my brain) , but I need a hot bath at the end of each day to soothe my aching knees and stiff back (and I try to eat a low inflammatory diet).
I can no longer run (chasing kids is out !), as my knee range is limited, and I do some kinda weird shuffle instead.
The Tib/Femur ratio feels strange (my tibias now feel stubby and ineffectual), and the Tib/Fem ratio looks weird and I am quite self-conscious about it (it was about 0.83, (ideal is 0.8), now about .74 Right leg and .70 LeftLeg).
Basically to feel 'Normal" I think I need to add the missing 2.7 cm to my R.Femur, and also add at least 4 cm to my Tib's (5cm would be ideal but time and risk factors preclude this ), this would bring my T/F ratio to ~ .77 i.e within the range of normal variation.
2016 5.3 cm RFem. Fitbone, 2019 8cm LFem. Precice 2.2, 2022 2.9 cm Rfem Precice 2.2

Gman23

« Reply #128 on: November 12, 2020, 08:49:45 PM »

This is really helpful man thanks a lot. I have few questions for you.
Please reply if you have the time. You had the surgery done in 2007 which is more then 10 years and that’s shockingggg. I’m so happy for you... could you please tell me how your feeling now, if you can walk like a normal person, run like a normal person, if there are any difficulties.
Also could you please suggest a good surgeon for me who is fairly cheap about 50k or max 60k. I have Dr Giotikas and Dr Parihar in mind. Not sure which one to go for ... my goal to go for 2 surgeries, 5inches in total. Advice from someone like you would mean a lot to me. Please take your time and reply any feedback, advice, information is fine, thanks a lot! Hope your well, still can’t imagine how anyone is able to walk normally with 2 surgeries or even 1 it just seems risky and complicating even thou I have read alotttt of diaries...
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2020, 12:09:10 AM »

could you please tell me how your feeling now, if you can walk like a normal person, run like a normal person, if there are any difficulties.

I can walk and run normally.  My balance is a little worse than it should be due to the higher center of gravity.  Sometimes my calves feel a little stiff, and I have minor tendonitis in my patellar ligaments.

Also could you please suggest a good surgeon for me who is fairly cheap about 50k or max 60k. I have Dr Giotikas and Dr Parihar in mind.

They seem like good choices.  I was also considering Dr. Jamal Abu Nemer in Ukraine when I was thinking of doing femurs several years ago, but his entry on the doctors page hasn't been updated since then, so I don't know what the latest on him is.

Gman23

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2020, 06:28:23 PM »

I can walk and run normally.  My balance is a little worse than it should be due to the higher center of gravity.  Sometimes my calves feel a little stiff, and I have minor tendonitis in my patellar ligaments.

They seem like good choices.  I was also considering Dr. Jamal Abu Nemer in Ukraine when I was thinking of doing femurs several years ago, but his entry on the doctors page hasn't been updated since then, so I don't know what the latest on him is.

Thank you for your advice and information. Means a lot. I’m happy that your able to walk and run.
I guess there will be at least 1 problem, will never really be 100%. I just hope I’ll end up doing the 2 surgeries and not back out by only doing 1. I’ll go 8cm first then I hope I’ll go for 5/6cm after. I won’t really be on this forum much as I’ve got the information I needed. I’ll be on some times.
If you know any diaries where a patient/someone has done 2 surgeries please let me know thank you !!! Stay safe
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Astronomy

« Reply #131 on: November 15, 2020, 11:59:05 AM »

Can I do 12cm on my height two years apart?

Me:
I'm a Chinese from Shanghai.And I've been being bothered with height dysphoria since 14.

My height:
I'm 162cm or so at night and 163cm at the midday(measured by wood-jointed height measurer for children and by myself without shoes and socks nearly bearheadedly).I wanna do 6.5cm on femur and 5.5 on tibia or 7cm on femur and 5 on tibia.
I dunno how that'll feel like and whether that'll be possible.

My flexibility:
I can palm on the floor and walk without any pain of tensing.My score of sit-and-reach is 31cm without shoes.(And it's still improving...I dunno why.It was 20cm at 15...Now I'm 20+ y.o).

Sizes of my feet:
I'm always wearing a pair of US8.5 shoes(They'd been at these sizes when I was 15) equalling to many 178+ men's.

My weight:
My weight is 54kg by now.Its minimum is 48kg and its maximum is 55kg(measured in the same year).In addition my back is a little wide.

My proportion:
I can't measure exactly but I asked my mother to count my proportion and she said my lower body was short and my upper body was long in all.

My physical condition:
Generally speaking it's normal by now.No diseases.Not infected with COVID-19.And no cyphosis.

And I can't measure other parameters determining how LL'll go.I'll show them on my doctors' X-rays or somethin

SartBimpson

« Reply #132 on: November 15, 2020, 02:19:29 PM »

Sizes of my feet:
I'm always wearing a pair of US8.5 shoes(They'd been at these sizes when I was 15) equalling to many 178+ men's.

Hey, sorry if I'm derailing on MDOW's thread here, but I wanna know: Is this actually real? Since when is there a correlation between shoe size and height? I am 5' 7" and have a shoe size of 10.5 US.

Astronomy

« Reply #133 on: November 15, 2020, 02:51:21 PM »

Hey, sorry if I'm derailing on MDOW's thread here, but I wanna know: Is this actually real? Since when is there a correlation between shoe size and height? I am 5' 7" and have a shoe size of 10.5 US.
No one said shoe size is definitely related to height

SartBimpson

« Reply #134 on: November 15, 2020, 02:56:18 PM »

No one said shoe size is definitely related to height
Yeah, that's what I thought. It just didn't make sense to me why you'd mention it is all.

Astronomy

« Reply #135 on: November 15, 2020, 03:12:13 PM »

Yeah, that's what I thought. It just didn't make sense to me why you'd mention it is all.
I just thought that was counted into my body proportion.If you grow taller by 12cm but stand on 7US or even 6US feet then you'll look like a compass.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #136 on: November 15, 2020, 05:09:18 PM »

Can I do 12cm on my height two years apart?

Probably.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #137 on: November 15, 2020, 05:14:59 PM »

There is a positive correlation between height and shoe size; it's just not a perfect correlation.  Most tall people have larger feet, and most short people have smaller feet, in general.

176 cm with an 8.5 US men's shoe size is reasonable IMO.

init1alove

« Reply #138 on: November 16, 2020, 02:42:31 AM »

There is a correlation between height and foot size, just like height and wingspan. Height usually is 7 times the lengh of foot.

NotSoBigBadBruin

« Reply #139 on: November 16, 2020, 09:58:21 AM »

The normal height-to-foot ratio is about 6.6:1, according to data from the University of Rhode Island Department of Electrical, Computer and Biomedical Engineering. That means you'll generally have roughly 6.6 inches of height for 1 inch of foot length.

https://www.livestrong.com/article/491821-height-to-foot-size-ratio/

SpeedDialer

« Reply #140 on: November 25, 2020, 03:41:55 AM »

Hey MediumDrinkOfWater!

1. Did you ever get a tattoo to conceal your scars?

2. If you could do it again, what tattoo shape/designs would you get to best conceal the scars?

3. Do you regret doing scar removal surgery?

4. The pin sites- they are depressed/sunken in, right? Can they ever truly be hidden?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #141 on: November 25, 2020, 04:43:53 AM »

Hey MediumDrinkOfWater!

1. Did you ever get a tattoo to conceal your scars?

2. If you could do it again, what tattoo shape/designs would you get to best conceal the scars?

3. Do you regret doing scar removal surgery?

4. The pin sites- they are depressed/sunken in, right? Can they ever truly be hidden?

1.  Yes.

2.  It doesn't matter, as long as linework as opposed to shading covers the scar.  Try to hide the scars in a line.

3.  No way.

4.  Some get that way, some don't.  A doctor can fix that before a tattoo is applied though.

Highest

« Reply #142 on: November 25, 2020, 07:11:59 AM »

I read earlier you were going to do femurs, why did you not get the femur surgery done? Are you planning it for the future to correct your tibia/femur ratio?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #143 on: November 25, 2020, 03:13:11 PM »

I read earlier you were going to do femurs, why did you not get the femur surgery done? Are you planning it for the future to correct your tibia/femur ratio?

Money, and also my legs are quite long as they are.

Highest

« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2020, 10:57:49 AM »

Money, and also my legs are quite long as they are.

Like freakishly long? What is your inseam?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #145 on: November 26, 2020, 03:16:36 PM »

No.  32".

Tartar

« Reply #146 on: November 26, 2020, 03:40:13 PM »

No.  32".
If this is your true (no pants) inseam, standing 178cm, you're almost short legged telling the truth ;D

SpeedDialer

« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2020, 06:10:13 PM »

"4.  Some get that way, some don't.  A doctor can fix that before a tattoo is applied though."

What kind of doctor, surgery, and costs are related to removing the depressed/sunken scars of where the pins are?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2020, 10:48:20 PM »

"4.  Some get that way, some don't.  A doctor can fix that before a tattoo is applied though."

What kind of doctor, surgery, and costs are related to removing the depressed/sunken scars of where the pins are?

A plastic surgeon can do that for you.  You can either get the scars cut out (and therefore replaced with thnner, flatter, lighter ones) or get the sunken areas filled in with fat or a synthetic filler.  Costs will vary quite a lot.

SpeedDialer

« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2020, 07:08:44 AM »

If you were to do internals, do you think it is important to be as flexible and thin/low bodyweight as possible before starting? I imagine thicker legs = more pain to lengthen them?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #150 on: December 07, 2020, 07:10:39 AM »

What are your thoughts on exogen? The sonic sound thing that supposed to improve bone growth.

Is it a hoax?

Is it worth the price/can you get it in Europe with Giotikas?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #151 on: December 07, 2020, 03:14:54 PM »

If you were to do internals, do you think it is important to be as flexible and thin/low bodyweight as possible before starting? I imagine thicker legs = more pain to lengthen them?

Yep.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #152 on: December 07, 2020, 03:15:32 PM »

What are your thoughts on exogen? The sonic sound thing that supposed to improve bone growth.

Is it a hoax?

Is it worth the price/can you get it in Europe with Giotikas?

Never used it; don't know anything about it.

Apollo676

« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2021, 05:33:38 PM »

Hey,do you think 5cm on tibias with LON method is safe ? I wish to regain as much mobility as i can and not get too much complications in the long run,i'm planning to go for 5cm tibias,then 8cm femurs with stryde when i'll be able to afford it,as i heard that LON method on femurs is bad
I'm months aways from the operation,do you have any advices to ease the recovering process ? I'm planning to do yoga on a daily basis for several months

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2021, 06:45:36 PM »

Hey,do you think 5cm on tibias with LON method is safe ?

Yes, that will probably be fine.

i heard that LON method on femurs is bad

Yeah, it's brutal.  Two people I've met personally did it; they were both miserable the whole time: lots of pain and very poor mobility.

I'm months aways from the operation,do you have any advices to ease the recovering process ? I'm planning to do yoga on a daily basis for several months

Good idea.  Also, there was a fitness book I followed called Elastic Steel.  It was pretty good as well.  Not sure if it's still available, but you might consider checking it out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up