Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /  (Read 5116 times)

concernedmom

Re: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2019, 06:07:42 PM »

That is a big change. Congrats!

Hex

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2019, 06:23:19 PM »

@concernedmom

if you read it carefully, 1.84 with shoes. I'm solid (1.81-1.81.5m) barefoot and it changes during the day( morning-evening height).

STAY STRONG!

Very nice.
You are Mesomorph, right? What is your size and foot size? I have a cousin who has 5'9 and foot size 37 the equivalent of 7.5 in the US, very small. But not so strange.

Now that you have 1.84m of shoes, do you consider yourself tall? And the highest in most environments?
I'm looking for growth alternatives outside LL.
Start height when i found the forum: 178,5cm 16yr 185lbs.

Actual morning height: 1,85,3m 17yr 225lbs
I started to gym and wanna be a profissional bodybuilder.

Americanfootball

« Reply #64 on: April 30, 2019, 11:38:21 PM »

Uptade: 1 May 2019 :   4.5 month after second leg operation and 10 months after first operation

Hey what s up forum? 
there are some news.  I finished the lengthening a few week ago and then the second leg cable was removed so that second leg took  3,5 months to reach first leg discrepancy. fortunately I had zero problem with second leg meanwhile as I had said I had bending problem on first leg  ( lateral side of quadriceps muscle) it was giving me some pain and discomfort.  when I ask lots of friend who they did operation they had said that they hadn't experienced such a weird thing. first of all Dr Monegal wanted me to do physiotherapy and  see the progress but it didn't work.  He helped me then to meet with  a muscle expert in there and I did with him a therapy.  Lastly after we discussed it, he checked during the removing operation and solved that problem , removed some adherence ( muscle fascia)
and that pain has gone.  I feel better now and get more flexion.i have to push it now.  I had never structure problem( as you see on X RAY)  , the only problem was that until now. but thanks to Monegal, he followed my progress so close and never slur over: it will be ok it will be ok !  next day after operation day, I went to famous La rambla alone with crutches  ( La taverna de Barcelona) it s a fabulous place. the first time I was walking without any insole and outsole. I was feeling amazing and so confident , people were looking at me, I was laughing, smiling , you know it was fking next day after operation. I had to stay on bed but  it was a nice night. 

Meanhwhile during my consultation , I had meet a with young man from Newyork, after one year , I saw him again there. he was shocked whenever he saw me. cos because I was shorter than him before op, and now I'm a bit taller than him. he was 1.80m ( 5.11ft). this feeling is really incredible. I can't explain it.

Some key points:
+ now Recovery phase. during second leg, I hadn't took any calcium supplement, now I take it again.
+ do 3 times physiotherapy because I need someone to push my leg more and more. you can not do everything alone.
+ scars are very invisible , I applied some special oil 2 times 10 minutes per day. 
+ Both of legs extension are perfect. I will work on flexion.
+ I started again to build my upper body and increased calori intake.
+ Fitbone is more  stable than I expected but I had been always conservative and use crutches to go somewhere.
+ im fking tired mentally physically and I hope everything is gonna be allright soon and want to forget everything and live my rest life.

STAY STRONG!

montahn

« Reply #65 on: May 08, 2019, 10:15:48 PM »

Uptade: 1 May 2019 :   4.5 month after second leg operation and 10 months after first operation

Hey what s up forum? 
there are some news.  I finished the lengthening a few week ago and then the second leg cable was removed so that second leg took  3,5 months to reach first leg discrepancy. fortunately I had zero problem with second leg meanwhile as I had said I had bending problem on first leg  ( lateral side of quadriceps muscle) it was giving me some pain and discomfort.  when I ask lots of friend who they did operation they had said that they hadn't experienced such a weird thing. first of all Dr Monegal wanted me to do physiotherapy and  see the progress but it didn't work.  He helped me then to meet with  a muscle expert in there and I did with him a therapy.  Lastly after we discussed it, he checked during the removing operation and solved that problem , removed some adherence ( muscle fascia)
and that pain has gone.  I feel better now and get more flexion.i have to push it now.  I had never structure problem( as you see on X RAY)  , the only problem was that until now. but thanks to Monegal, he followed my progress so close and never slur over: it will be ok it will be ok !  next day after operation day, I went to famous La rambla alone with crutches  ( La taverna de Barcelona) it s a fabulous place. the first time I was walking without any insole and outsole. I was feeling amazing and so confident , people were looking at me, I was laughing, smiling , you know it was fking next day after operation. I had to stay on bed but  it was a nice night. 

Meanhwhile during my consultation , I had meet a with young man from Newyork, after one year , I saw him again there. he was shocked whenever he saw me. cos because I was shorter than him before op, and now I'm a bit taller than him. he was 1.80m ( 5.11ft). this feeling is really incredible. I can't explain it.

Some key points:
+ now Recovery phase. during second leg, I hadn't took any calcium supplement, now I take it again.
+ do 3 times physiotherapy because I need someone to push my leg more and more. you can not do everything alone.
+ scars are very invisible , I applied some special oil 2 times 10 minutes per day. 
+ Both of legs extension are perfect. I will work on flexion.
+ I started again to build my upper body and increased calori intake.
+ Fitbone is more  stable than I expected but I had been always conservative and use crutches to go somewhere.
+ im fking tired mentally physically and I hope everything is gonna be allright soon and want to forget everything and live my rest life.

STAY STRONG!

Its amazing man

How much you gain ? whats your total height now ??
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

star-ray

« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2019, 04:00:13 PM »

Congratulations on completing the lengthening bro  !!   

pmna

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2019, 12:22:28 PM »

hey there Americanfootball!

Great journey you have there :)

Do you think it is possible to have a regular 9-5 job while going through the complete lengthening (both femurs)?

Theoretically it is, but I want your honest opinion..

Enjoy your new life!

Americanfootball

« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2019, 01:13:41 PM »

UPTADE 14 MAY:

After I got a very good news yesterday, for the first time i walked without crutches with new legs.Walking without compensation, any lift is very amazing feeling. it s not a  perfect walking but it s big step for me. I do everyday 2-3 hours sessions (stretching, strengthening). Meanwhile i booked my holiday in August and have 3 months from now. I hope I can be well until that time.

@montahn

I got between 7.5-8 cm, barefoot (1.81 m -1.81.5 m)  and I measured with shoes it s like 1.84 m (6 ft)

@star-ray thanks bro ! you have almost finished first half  ! stay strong !

@pmna

thanks dude! this is a very hard question ask it to Monegal because it depends on many factors.
Both femurs means bilateral. if you do bilateral, you will be on wheelchair, I didn't do bilateral but as far as I know, having  regular job could be difficult.  I can't imagine myself to go to  job with wheelchair. In my case unilateral( two stage) theoretically %100 ok  ! but again it  depends on you.

STAY STRONG! 
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up