Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Down

Author Topic: Diary - January 2019 - In Full Stryde with Dr. Mahboubian of North Hollywood.  (Read 122521 times)

Purushrottam

(Friday) Day 78 Post Op - 7 day Countdown to a dream come true....  [6.167 cm or 2.42 inches Taller!]

Greeting CLL'ers. I changed my mind. I'm going to update this message board until I reach my dream height of, YES, a towering 5'4"!  For me, being at a starting of height of 5'1, a height of 5'4" based on my perspective would be an absolute dream come true! Join me on the "countdown" to a 69mm lengthening, which would put me a smidgen over 5'4".  Guys, I was thinking about stopping at 6cm and then at 6.5cm;  but I want to get to 5'4"!  This would make my height the same as my drivers license for the first time ever! Please send me your support and positive vibes. All I have to do is lengthen every day until Friday. If i do this I would have achieved the following goals:

1) Become 5'4" (my dream height goal w/ CLL)
2) No longer be lying on my drivers license
3) Reached my distraction goal enddate of April 1st. Leaving me 80 days left over for rehab.... until I have to be able to walk for a very important black tie event I want attend (Will explain later.)

I will need everything I have inside to make it.   Root for me please!

Thank you guys, Feel free to ask me any questions.  The 7 day countdown to 69mm begins now!

Best regards,

IFS

Let the countdown begin! Sorry I wish I had something more substantive to say on your diary. You made it this far. Going a few more days shouldn't be much harder. You already climbed past the hardest part of the 'mountain'. PUSH THRUUU
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Purushrottam

IFS - I've been reading your diary and well it's simply fantastic.

I had a emotional breakdown on Monday and it was building up to be honest. Effectively I came to the realisation that height is a very important differentiating factor for males and no matter how you slice and dice it - it simply is the case.

I've been doing a lot of research on social value in society and frankly I've made the conclusion that my height, whether I like it or not is holding me back (I'm 168cm FYI).

I've going to book this in with Goitkas for sometime in 2020. I'm 26 years old and honestly this height is affecting my chances of finding a strong spouse.

With your APT - trust me - work out your abs like a crazy person - like do 100's of sit ups (try focus on lower abs 2 weeks into it) and trust me it will make a big difference. Ofc don't neglect your glutes but remember APT is half glutes and half abs. Your abs die after surgery

Look forward to hearing from you.

Not to hijack IFS's diary but I had a similar experience and it had a huge impact on my personality (negatively). Feeling attractive (not necessarily being attractive) to the opposite is a huge part overall self esteem as humans. Some people can fake till they make it. I tried that but it was really hard for me.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

InFullStryde

We’re with you, man!

Keep pushing for your goal as long as it’s safe for now and in the future.

Not long left at all... hope this week goes by very quick for you my friend.

Let the countdown begin! Sorry I wish I had something more substantive to say on your diary. You made it this far. Going a few more days shouldn't be much harder. You already climbed past the hardest part of the 'mountain'. PUSH THRUUU

Thanks alot, gentleman. I have a feeling it may be the longest 7 days I've ever had!  Let's hope not! LOL.  Best Regards and I'll be in touch.
"Make the BEST of what you have and Make what you have, the BEST"
InFullSTRYDE with Dr. Mahboubian - Jan 2019
Start Height/End Height: 5'1.25"/5'4.25"
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=9671

Ghostfish

Hi IFS

I am so glad that you change your mind to push this harder!!! Yeah, the safety is the number one.  But for the femur, it is hard to have anything wrong at this stage unless you go over 8 cm or higher.  Most of patients I have met or talked to reached 7-7.5cm without issues.  I know it becomes much harder and more painful beyond 6 cm.  But focus yourself on doing your best to the last moment.  You can actually slow down a bit if that helps.  I actually slowed down a couple of times during lengthening, which helped me loose my muscle a little bit and made me be able to continue.  Especially you are at home and everything is under your control. 

Good luck!!

InFullStryde

Hi IFS

I am so glad that you change your mind to push this harder!!! Yeah, the safety is the number one.  But for the femur, it is hard to have anything wrong at this stage unless you go over 8 cm or higher.  Most of patients I have met or talked to reached 7-7.5cm without issues.  I know it becomes much harder and more painful beyond 6 cm.  But focus yourself on doing your best to the last moment.  You can actually slow down a bit if that helps.  I actually slowed down a couple of times during lengthening, which helped me loose my muscle a little bit and made me be able to continue.  Especially you are at home and everything is under your control. 

Good luck!!

Ghostfish,  I really appreciate this encouragement and also the reference points. This goes along way in helping me reach my goal. Thank you, again.

Best regards and I'll keep you posted on my status.
Status: Gained 3" and Recovered Successfully! | Stryde Nails Removed: November 2020

SimonFuller

define "Strong" spouse please

Strong - in other words desirable

SimonFuller

(Friday) Day 78 Post Op - 7 day Countdown to a dream come true....  [6.167 cm or 2.42 inches Taller!]

Greeting CLL'ers. I changed my mind. I'm going to update this message board until I reach my dream height of, YES, a towering 5'4"!  For me, being at a starting of height of 5'1, a height of 5'4" based on my perspective would be an absolute dream come true! Join me on the "countdown" to a 69mm lengthening, which would put me a smidgen over 5'4".  Guys, I was thinking about stopping at 6cm and then at 6.5cm;  but I want to get to 5'4"!  This would make my height the same as my drivers license for the first time ever! Please send me your support and positive vibes. All I have to do is lengthen every day until Friday. If i do this I would have achieved the following goals:

1) Become 5'4" (my dream height goal w/ CLL)
2) No longer be lying on my drivers license
3) Reached my distraction goal enddate of April 1st. Leaving me 80 days left over for rehab.... until I have to be able to walk for a very important black tie event I want attend (Will explain later.)

I will need everything I have inside to make it.   Root for me please!

Thank you guys, Feel free to ask me any questions.  The 7 day countdown to 69mm begins now!

Best regards,

IFS

I have the upmost confidence that you can do this.

tiggy

Hey brother, I am also glad you decided to push through with lengthening. Going from 5.1 to 5.4 is an incredible achievement and you deserve to take the most of this opportunity to reach that type of a gain. You said you had no pain and it appears you are in no risk of premature consolidation at this stage so if I were in your place I would have made the same exact decision. If you start to feel extremely tight just take a day or two off and let your muscles relax. A loss of a day or two here or there is really nothing compared to the extra height you are going to enjoy for the rest of your life. Look at the forest, not the trees! Very happy for you man!

SimonFuller

Not to hijack IFS's diary but I had a similar experience and it had a huge impact on my personality (negatively). Feeling attractive (not necessarily being attractive) to the opposite is a huge part overall self esteem as humans. Some people can fake till they make it. I tried that but it was really hard for me.

Thanks for your input Paru and sometimes I think its funny that we were the exact same height (I still am lol) and think in similar ways.

For me I am confident in myself and I've actually done pretty well in nightclubs but never could get those pretty girls to date me. I'm also very objective at the same time. Like it's time for me to wake up and smell the coffee. Also I do really struggle with the concept of a woman having to 'settle' for me because of my height - unfortunately this is likely to be the case because women (generally speaking) are predisposed to not want a short male. Sorry for being blunt to anyone reading this but it's my honest view of the world.

SimonFuller

I have the upmost confidence that you can do this.

Let me try this again with a bit more enthusiasm lol - you can do this IFS!! 

InFullStryde

Let me try this again with a bit more enthusiasm lol - you can do this IFS!! 

Hey brother, I am also glad you decided to push through with lengthening. Going from 5.1 to 5.4 is an incredible achievement and you deserve to take the most of this opportunity to reach that type of a gain. You said you had no pain and it appears you are in no risk of premature consolidation at this stage so if I were in your place I would have made the same exact decision. If you start to feel extremely tight just take a day or two off and let your muscles relax. A loss of a day or two here or there is really nothing compared to the extra height you are going to enjoy for the rest of your life. Look at the forest, not the trees! Very happy for you man!
Hi IFS

Good luck!!

Thank you, fellas.   So close, yet so far.  6 more days now until I hit the pay dirt.  I will give it everything I got. 

PAGrb490

Your future spouse needs to be desirable by you and you only.

InFullStryde

(Saturday) Day 79 Post Op - 6 day Countdown to a dream come true....  [6.3 cm or 2.48 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers,

Another day in another way.  Tightness and all symptoms remain the same. Not better or worse, so i continue toward my goal.  5'4" or bust.   If I can maintain one mm lengthening per day for the next 6 days, I would have reached unthinkable heights for myself.  Join me on this countdown.  If you have any questions or if I can offer any assistance to you as you mull the decision of CLL and/or fight through the CLL battle, PLEASE do not hesitate to message me. 

Best regards and I'll update again tomorrow.

IFS

Ghostfish

Yay IFS

Go! Go!! You can do it!! 8) :)

ok

Hi IFS,

What nail size did they use on you?

Also if you don't mind could you post an x-ray image?

All the best!

Thank you

Singapore

Go for it my man!!!

shortykon

• Visitor

Hi IFS. Good to know you are doing fine! We talked previously; I will be doing my 3 inches on femur with Dr. Rozbruch in 3 weeks and already am feeling anxious and nervous and exciting about this life changing decision.

Your consideration on rather you should/will continue the lengthening is very wise and smart, since again, this is a life defining moment. I bet you have consulted your doctor on rather or not it is safe to push further ? Did he suggest you to keep going on ? If he gives you the green pass, go for it! He knows more than we do on his patients I bet !  ;)

InFullStryde

Yay IFS

Go! Go!! You can do it!! 8) :)

Go for it my man!!!

Thank you, guys.  Taking it one turn at a time now! Very close to my goal.

InFullStryde

Hi IFS. Good to know you are doing fine! We talked previously; I will be doing my 3 inches on femur with Dr. Rozbruch in 3 weeks and already am feeling anxious and nervous and exciting about this life changing decision.

Your consideration on rather you should/will continue the lengthening is very wise and smart, since again, this is a life defining moment. I bet you have consulted your doctor on rather or not it is safe to push further ? Did he suggest you to keep going on ? If he gives you the green pass, go for it! He knows more than we do on his patients I bet !  ;)

Congratulations on your decision to go forward with CLL.  Styrde nail truly is a game changer and when you're up and able to put weight on your feet shortly after surgery; you'll feel even better about the entire process ahead.

I really want to reach my goal; but certainly have considered the risks.   I'm watching my body closely at this point. My Doctor is good with me proceeding up to Friday.  I see him  Friday and he will perform x-rays and evaluate me at this point.   I'm going to keep listening to my body.  Thank you again for your support. I'm almost through this.

InFullStryde

Hi IFS,

What nail size did they use on you?

Also if you don't mind could you post an x-ray image?

All the best!

Thank you

Thank you, Ok! I had the 10mm nail.  I will have new X-Rays on Friday and will post.  I'm looking forward to finalizing this phase.

ok

Thank you, Ok! I had the 10mm nail.  I will have new X-Rays on Friday and will post.  I'm looking forward to finalizing this phase.

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to seeing the x-rays!

You're first I know to use the 10mm nail and it's a relief that you are able to walk without much restraint on them.

InFullStryde

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to seeing the x-rays!

You're first I know to use the 10mm nail and it's a relief that you are able to walk without much restraint on them.

For sure. I'm pretty lean. I'll try to post a walking video also right after my lengthening phase ends.  I started out the entire process at 5'1" and I weighed about 128 lbs.

ok

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the video too. Stryde patients seem to walk quite comfortably from what I've seen.

Another question, are tibias more accomodative of larger nails or femurs?

InFullStryde

Thanks, looking forward to seeing the video too. Stryde patients seem to walk quite comfortably from what I've seen.

Another question, are tibias more accomodative of larger nails or femurs?

I believe the femurs allow for the bigger nails.   My walk has improved for sure. I'm slow as a turtle; but less duck action. lol.  Nonetheless, it is a good starting point as far as post-distraction phase is concerned.

Thanks again for checking in and let me know If you have any more questions. I'm glad to assist.

Best Regards,

InFullStryde

(Sunday) Day 80 Post Op - 5 day Countdown to a dream come true....  [6.4 cm or 2.52 inches Taller!]

Greetings CLL'ers,

Once again, I will say its another day in another way.  I reached an incredible milestone today...I am now 2 and 1/2 inches taller.  It's a huge difference for me and I'm really happy to have been able to reach this with no major complication. 

My current physical status is as follows:

1) Tight Hamstrings, Quads, and Hips. Interestingly enough...my left leg is looser than my right. Right feels very tight. 
2) Knee Extension issue is minor at about 1% on left leg and maybe 3% on right leg. I still feel locking sensation in both legs.
3) Duck Ass (Anterior Pelvic Tilt) is moderate and annoying.   My glutes are very weak and my hip-flexors extremely tight, hence duck ass.  I am working hard on abs and butt, with walking included.  I anticipate that this will begin to fade once my lengthening concludes on Friday. I have never had APT before; so I expect it to go away in the coming weeks and months.
4) IT Band is surprisingly doing well.  My legs want to flare outward only a tiny bit; not bad at all.  So I dodged a bullet on this one.
5) Overall flexibility is no good.  Will be recovering my flexibility for quite some time post lengthening.
6) Nerve Issue - Minor Numbness in Shins.  Feeling should come back; but will take time.

Ladies and Gentleman, I'm going to do the best i can. I had mentioned the 6.9 centimeter goal and it shall remain intact; however, I want to emphasize that if my Body implores me to stop this process before then, I will do it.  My functionality comes first.  I'm very proud of making it to 2 and 1/2 inches.  I hope I can get to that magical 2.75" mark which will place me at my relative dream height of 5'4"...which makes me taller than Prince and former NBA basketball player Muggsy Bogues, and only 1 inch shorter then Bruno Mars. Ha ha.

Best regards and I'll update again tomorrow!

IFS
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 03:35:54 AM by InFullStryde »

Ghostfish

Hi IFS

Yeah, looks like you have a good mind.  You will be as tall as some famous celebrities!! Keep up the hard work!!

InFullStryde

Hi IFS

Yeah, looks like you have a good mind.  You will be as tall as some famous celebrities!! Keep up the hard work!!

Thank you, Buddy. Life is all about seeing things in the proper perspective.  Once we have clarity; we move forward in a better way.   I'll update everyone tomorrow on the status of things. Best regards,
« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 06:00:06 AM by InFullStryde »

BeYourBest

Two and a half inches is great man, keep doing your thing. You're doing great.

Reading your physical status update is just making me stretch so much more right now so that I can reduce the severity lol.

Not long left!!

InFullStryde

Two and a half inches is great man, keep doing your thing. You're doing great.

Reading your physical status update is just making me stretch so much more right now so that I can reduce the severity lol.

Not long left!!

BeYourBest - Yes!

Please make sure from DAY 1 post surgery that you keep your knees straight, you legs close together as much as possible, and work your glutes and abs....!  This way when you're done distracting you can just focus on your walk and not have to remediate as much.   Also, if this stuff starts to happen a bit do not freak out. They start to go away once you're done lengthening.  Good luck man, Yes, Stretch and activate as much as possible! I want you to have a smooth ride here.

BeYourBest

BeYourBest - Yes!

Please make sure from DAY 1 post surgery that you keep your knees straight, you legs close together as much as possible, and work your glutes and abs....!  This way when you're done distracting you can just focus on your walk and not have to remediate as much.   Also, if this stuff starts to happen a bit do not freak out. They start to go away once you're done lengthening.  Good luck man, Yes, Stretch and activate as much as possible! I want you to have a smooth ride here.

Once again, thanks for your very informative and helpful reply. I will definitely be doing that... who know's, I may even have a 6 pack before surgery haha!

InFullStryde

Once again, thanks for your very informative and helpful reply. I will definitely be doing that... who know's, I may even have a 6 pack before surgery haha!

That would be awesome, man. Great mind state to be in.  Hit me up if you have any other questions.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 32   Go Up