Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which height would you agree with as the ideal male ht? (male and female voters)

5'11"
6'
6'1"
Shorter than 5'11"
Taller than 6'1"

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal  (Read 69732 times)

YellowSpike

Re: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal
« Reply #124 on: March 05, 2015, 09:35:25 PM »

That's the reason why women who sleep around a lot are called sluts and degraded and men who sleep around a lot are called smooth and admired by peers. It takes no effort for a woman to get laid but a lot of effort for guys to get laid, even conventionally attractive ones. 

Good points. I don't have a problem with lying about my height online though. Women automatically assume a guy is shorter than he lists anyway and boosting your height keeps you out of the block filter.

100% agree on the slut vs. stud observation. But I still think that women have it easier in dating (serious dating, as in, not just sleeping around) regardless. Most women won't make the first move, so even a relatively unattractive woman is going to get more offers to date than a relatively unattractive guy. Though this changes as women enter their 30s.

And lying about your height I agree with an inch or two is fine...but be careful with tallish women who may contact you. Because if they're the same height as you, they'll know you're lying, then know you're insecure, and we know that's an automatic turn off.

I think attraction goes something like this:

For Men, a Woman's Attraction Level = Looks x (Personality + Hobbies + Career + etc.). So, if a woman isn't attractive to the guy in question, attraction goes to 0. "Confidence" and career/money and such isn't important to me and most men I know. As long as I find a woman physically attractive and she's got a decent personality (from what I can gauge early on), she's a contender.

For Women, a Man's Attraction Level = Height + Confidence + Money/Status + Looks. Actually, I would almost argue (for a good amount of women out there) that Height is the "multiplier" in this equation (like Looks are in the one for how we find women attractive or not), so if you're not tall enough, a woman's attraction for you goes to 0. Although sometimes confidence and other stuff can sway women. With men, if there's no initial attraction, the girl stays in the friend zone, I'd say.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #125 on: March 06, 2015, 01:43:52 AM »

so could you explain why someone who is 6'2 is 57% more likely to get contacted?
A guy who is 5'5 or less will never get contactED by a woman even if she is ugly and fat, there is noway a guy this tall is attractive to girls, altleast on dating website.
So could you explain, how a very short man is 9% likely to get contactED and a talL man, only 14%?
The percentile are not absolute.

are you drunk?
I understand (we all do) taller is better, but  UNTIL a certain point. And that point is 6'2.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #126 on: March 06, 2015, 05:39:00 AM »

Looking at the poll, six feet and 6'1 are the most ideal height (as voted):

5'11"- 1 (4.2%)
6'- 10 (41.7%)
6'1"- 11 (45.8%)
Shorter than 5'11"- 0 (0%)
Taller than 6'1"- 2 (8.3%)

Only 2 voters voted for taller than 6'1 and I suspect they are endomorphisme and Meursault who are proponents of 6'5 (or thereabouts) being the ideal.

This is yet another evidence that the ideal lies somewhere between 6' and 6'1...  :D

UNLESS Meursault and endomorphisme and short7guy would want to claim that the girls AND boys are lying  ;)

w1988

« Reply #127 on: March 06, 2015, 03:43:56 PM »

Height is the number one thing women use to discriminate in terms of online dating. In real life, no one knows your exact height...but on "paper"/an online profile...below 5'8" looks really bad. Even 5'8" is borderline, but I was on all the dating sites over the years, and it seemed that most women (including attractive ones) are ok with around 5'8" and above.

This is perfect example of why more emphasis gets put on height that it deserves.

Looks still trump everything in general but it is entirely subjective and impossible to grade on paper as you can't write the description or specify handsomeness or prettiness. Even if you say 'dark', there are many attractive people that are pale (and uglies that are dark) and even if you say 'sharp features' there are many attractive people that have round faces (and uglies with sharp features). With height you can say 'tall' and/or over 5'10" (or whatever) and everyone will understand you universally making it the easiest thing to use as a selection factor.
26yo male, 168-169cm current height, 175cm goal and I like short walks on the beach.

YellowSpike

« Reply #128 on: March 06, 2015, 03:58:33 PM »

This is perfect example of why more emphasis gets put on height that it deserves.

Looks still trump everything in general but it is entirely subjective and impossible to grade on paper as you can't write the description or specify handsomeness or prettiness. Even if you say 'dark', there are many attractive people that are pale (and uglies that are dark) and even if you say 'sharp features' there are many attractive people that have round faces (and uglies with sharp features). With height you can say 'tall' and/or over 5'10" (or whatever) and everyone will understand you universally making it the easiest thing to use as a selection factor.

I think a lot of it has to do with post-modern feminism. Women have pretty much just as much power as we now do (good for them!). However, as a result, many women have become pickier than ever. Trust me, I know...I've dated many different types of women...some feminist-types, some more traditional. But what I've noticed (with almost all of them) is that you have to dominate a woman as much as possible these days (earn more money than her, be physically stronger, and of course, be taller). Obviously there are many exceptions to this, and when you meet the right person, a lot of these "rules" go out the window. But modern women aren't like our mothers and grandmothers. It's a different world. Dating is very cutthroat and competitive.

I think looks trump everything so long as you're not too short (below 5'7"), depending on the woman's height.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #129 on: March 06, 2015, 04:55:31 PM »

I think a lot of it has to do with post-modern feminism. Women have pretty much just as much power as we now do (good for them!). However, as a result, many women have become pickier than ever. Trust me, I know...I've dated many different types of women...some feminist-types, some more traditional. But what I've noticed (with almost all of them) is that you have to dominate a woman as much as possible these days (earn more money than her, be physically stronger, and of course, be taller). Obviously there are many exceptions to this, and when you meet the right person, a lot of these "rules" go out the window. But modern women aren't like our mothers and grandmothers. It's a different world. Dating is very cutthroat and competitive.

I think looks trump everything so long as you're not too short (below 5'7"), depending on the woman's height.

If you are dominant in other ways, height doesn't matter. Women like height because they think it conveys dominance (even though it doesn't); so, to be "tall", you have to be dominant. Case in point: when you are walking through a crowd, do you move around people, or do you push them out of the way to make room for yourself? The dominant person makes  room for himself, while the weak, submissive person moves around the people.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #130 on: March 06, 2015, 05:02:29 PM »

If you are dominant in other ways, height doesn't matter. Women like height because they think it conveys dominance (even though it doesn't); so, to be "tall", you have to be dominant. Case in point: when you are walking through a crowd, do you move around people, or do you push them out of the way to make room for yourself? The dominant person makes  room for himself, while the weak, submissive person moves around the people.

I agree. And I did notice that once I adjusted my confidence/way I carry myself, I did well with women despite my height. But it was still an uphill battle on the inside, and "confidence/acting dominant" doesn't work on all women. And it definitely doesn't work with online dating (where a lot of dating/hooking up takes place these days), because they can't gauge your "confidence" from your profile (although I did make one profile where I was blatantly a dck on POF, and I got lots of hookups from that. I gear my profiles to a target audience I suppose).

ReadRothbard

« Reply #131 on: March 06, 2015, 05:26:11 PM »

I agree. And I did notice that once I adjusted my confidence/way I carry myself, I did well with women despite my height. But it was still an uphill battle on the inside, and "confidence/acting dominant" doesn't work on all women. And it definitely doesn't work with online dating (where a lot of dating/hooking up takes place these days), because they can't gauge your "confidence" from your profile (although I did make one profile where I was blatantly a dck on POF, and I got lots of hookups from that. I gear my profiles to a target audience I suppose).

Well, yeah, being self-assured won't work with all women, but it will with a lot (just like being good-looking and rich won't work with all women). With online dating, you just put 10'0 as your height. If they ask you your height, say 10'0.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #132 on: March 06, 2015, 05:33:11 PM »

Well, yeah, being self-assured won't work with all women, but it will with a lot (just like being good-looking and rich won't work with all women). With online dating, you just put 10'0 as your height. If they ask you your height, say 10'0.

hahaha! I actually think they cap off the height at something like 7'11" on Match.com if I'm remembering correctly.

Beardedguy

• Visitor
« Reply #133 on: March 08, 2015, 06:43:05 AM »

Women will always follow the crowds. Thats why they keep calling 6'0 as ideal hght. This makes me think that maybe they dont care too much about height as we men do (specially us, old forum  LL Forum BodyBF).Also, think about how most of the girls want to lose weight so bad. The skinnier the better they think as we got our the taller the better, which is actually true, but there's a limit.
Btw stop focusing just on girls when it comes about LL, this whole thread has come to "what would girls think about my new hght" and soon the whole forum.
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

Bry

« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2015, 11:20:13 AM »

Women will always follow the crowds. Thats why they keep calling 6'0 as ideal hght. This makes me think that maybe they dont care too much about height as we men do (specially us, old forum  LL Forum BodyBF).Also, think about how most of the girls want to lose weight so bad. The skinnier the better they think as we got our the taller the better, which is actually true, but there's a limit.
Btw stop focusing just on girls when it comes about LL, this whole thread has come to "what would girls think about my new hght" and soon the whole forum.

Agreed

ItsMyLife

« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2015, 11:48:17 AM »

Agreed

I agree. For everything, there is a limit. Too much, is not good.

Only 2 members chose above 6'1 as the ideal height, in fact. Out of 25 voters.

So the consensus between male and female is that either 6' or 6'1 is the ideal.

Case closed.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #136 on: March 10, 2015, 01:48:34 PM »

I guess many people here didn't vote for 'above 6'1' because they know, they are never going to acciev this height.
Anyways it's dumb to argue about things like beauty and aestethics. What is considered as ideal depends on many parameters and is a very personal thing. Doing a poll about that won't make any difference, I for instance consider 6'2 as ideal and there is no way a poll or article could change my mind. I would not waste my time and try to persuade others of my personal opinion. Just accept that different people have different opinions.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #137 on: March 10, 2015, 02:17:56 PM »

I guess many people here didn't vote for 'above 6'1' because they know, they are never going to acciev this height.
Anyways it's dumb to argue about things like beauty and aestethics. What is considered as ideal depends on many parameters and is a very personal thing. Doing a poll about that won't make any difference, I for instance consider 6'2 as ideal and there is no way a poll or article could change my mind. I would not waste my time and try to persuade others of my personal opinion. Just accept that different people have different opinions.
If a survey was done and women voted on the survey, then we can safely say that "x centimetres" is the ideal height if you are interested in women.

It seems from UK and USA surveys that x = 183 or lower.

If you are interested in men, its a different game altogether.

If you are doing surgery for yourself, then 6'2 is not a problem.

I could in theory reach 6'2 but I wouldn't want that. I want to look good in women's eyes and in my society, 6'2 stands out way too much as well.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #138 on: March 10, 2015, 02:33:19 PM »

I agree that it's something different in an asian country.
You'd look out of proportion as well, if your starting height was 174.
I prefere girls who are close to 180 so this might explain why 6'2 would be ideal for me.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2015, 02:35:56 PM »

I agree that it's something different in an asian country.
You'd look out of proportion as well, if your starting height was 174.

Yup my country is one of the tallest ones in asia - official average at 172+ but I think and my friends think its more like 175.
183 already is top 10 percent or so, and I am more than happy with that.
In fact, at 179 now I am pretty happy, and even if I cannot lengthen anymore, 179 is a good height in Asia.
I have long arms, and a long torso. The only limiting factor is wingspan (wingspan of 174). But if I do arm lengthening, then yes theoretically 188 is possible.

Alittletooshort

« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2015, 02:52:39 PM »

@Itsmylife
I thought you left the forum, anyways, I'm glad you decided against it.

endomorphisme

« Reply #141 on: March 10, 2015, 03:44:21 PM »

Who is the other person who voted for 185 cm and up

Alittletooshort

« Reply #142 on: March 10, 2015, 04:15:21 PM »

Who is the other person who voted for 185 cm and up
I did
My status says my dream height is 187 but id rather be 188, I´m just realistic because I won´t get there anyways without compromising my athletic abilities too much.

endomorphisme

« Reply #143 on: March 10, 2015, 04:20:46 PM »

I did
My status says my dream height is 187 but id rather be 188, I´m just realistic because I won´t get there anyways without compromising my athletic abilities too much.

how tall are you at night?

ItsMyLife

« Reply #144 on: March 10, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

I did

188 is an ideal height to feel tall, but 183 is the most ideal height if your surgery is for women's sake

ItsMyLife

« Reply #145 on: March 10, 2015, 04:24:16 PM »

@Itsmylife
I thought you left the forum, anyways, I'm glad you decided against it.

im more or less only posting on this thread to clear up any distorted mindset
recently I was on a flight back to Singapore from Moscow, and a sizeable number were on transit to Australia (Brisbane).
Australians aren't very tall, mostly averaged 178-ish.

This corresponds with my data.
And yes, I was one of the taller ones on the flight :D
I was standing at about 181 cm as I had 1 inch heels.

endomorphisme

« Reply #146 on: March 10, 2015, 04:29:58 PM »

im more or less only posting on this thread to clear up any distorted mindset
recently I was on a flight back to Singapore from Moscow, and a sizeable number were on transit to Australia (Brisbane).
Australians aren't very tall, mostly averaged 178-ish.

This corresponds with my data.
And yes, I was one of the taller ones on the flight :D
I was standing at about 181 cm as I had 1 inch heels.

So you wear lift, how confortable you feel in them, i never wore them but i would like to try to be taller by a good inch.
I'm used to wearing normal shoes that only add 2-2.5 cm which is , on average, what most shoes give, so assuming that, i will have to wear shoes that give 5 cm, to look 2.5 cm taller.
So, does it hurt your feet, your back?...

ItsMyLife

« Reply #147 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:13 PM »

So you wear lift, how confortable you feel in them, i never wore them but i would like to try to be taller by a good inch.
I'm used to wearing normal shoes that only add 2-2.5 cm which is , on average, what most shoes give, so assuming that, i will have to wear shoes that give 5 cm, to look 2.5 cm taller.
So, does it hurt your feet, your back?...

I agree that it is better for U to wear lifts and see whether you REALLY want LL, cos' ur already above average.
I didn't wear lifts on my flight back to Singapore, only 1 inch heels.
Yup, ur right about that. normal shoes only add 1-2 cm. basketball shoes add maybe 2 cm+
My back is fine, feet doesn't hurt. I can wear it whole day.
I really think if you wanna be 188 cm for girls, is a bad idea. If 188 cm to feel tall, that's alright!

Alittletooshort

« Reply #148 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:23 PM »

how tall are you at night?
I am always between 179-177 (morning/evening).
I really think if you wanna be 188 cm for girls, is a bad idea. If 188 cm to feel tall, that's alright!
I never considered dating when I thought about this surgery, since I never had any difficulties with girls whatsoever, in fact many girls acutally told me that they liked my height. I only do it for my self and I don´t think I´ll scare girls off just because I gained some cm´s.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #149 on: March 10, 2015, 05:13:18 PM »

I am always between 179-177 (morning/evening).I never considered dating when I thought about this surgery, since I never had any difficulties with girls whatsoever, in fact many girls acutally told me that they liked my height. I only do it for my self and I don´t think I´ll scare girls off just because I gained some cm´s.

u wont scare girls. but maybe a little less popular (based on statistics).
not sure if it is even significant.
if your aim is to make urself happy then by all means...

@MM: hello :D

GeTs

« Reply #150 on: March 10, 2015, 11:33:25 PM »

u wont scare girls. but maybe a little less popular (based on statistics).
not sure if it is even significant.
if your aim is to make urself happy then by all means...

@MM: hello :D
less popular because of 2 inch and because of statistics? Jesus you really think a girl will look if he's perfectly 6'0, no more no less? If a girl likes you others will follow the crowd, they all follow the crowd cause they don't want to be/get someone inferior to ideal

ReadRothbard

« Reply #151 on: March 11, 2015, 08:09:42 AM »

less popular because of 2 inch and because of statistics? Jesus you really think a girl will look if he's perfectly 6'0, no more no less? If a girl likes you others will follow the crowd, they all follow the crowd cause they don't want to be/get someone inferior to ideal

A lot of women also don't really know what 6'0 looks like. A lean, muscular guys who's 5'10 can easily pass off as 6'0. I've had some girls think I'm 5'10 myself lol.

Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

« Reply #152 on: March 11, 2015, 02:18:59 PM »

A lot of women also don't really know what 6'0 looks like. A lean, muscular guys who's 5'10 can easily pass off as 6'0. I've had some girls think I'm 5'10 myself lol.

When I was 166cm (though I will concede that evening I was wearing shoes that had a nice heel, but not elevator shoes), one girl thought I was 5'9". Needless to say, I didn't correct her.

I think it's only the taller girls (starting at around 5'6" and up) that are better able to tell a guy's height. To short girls, almost all guys seem "tall."

ItsMyLife

« Reply #153 on: March 12, 2015, 05:48:28 PM »

I am quite worried of exceeding the "normal" range in Asia, cause I can date the best of both worlds (boys and girls):P
I would say guys are very accurate at guessing height.
I am also always on the basketball court and it feels sucky to be one of the shorter players. Once I am done I expect to be pretty tall for a neighbourhood court.
Many shooting guards in NBA like ALlen Iverson are around my future height. The fact that they even made it to NBA (which is not my dream) proves that you DONT HAVE to be so tall to play semi-pro.
Also, 6' is the lower end for many positions in NCAA and NBA draft. (I read a book on NBA conditioning). It is a possible height for basketball. Hell even 5'9 isn't a problem if you play well, but just saying that 6' should be pretty common.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #154 on: March 12, 2015, 06:34:42 PM »

Let me Quote a source:

Interestingly, there seems to be a “ceiling effect” where tall males (over 6 feet) suffer a decrease in fitness. That is, women tend to find extremely tall men less attractive. This has been noted by several researchers. Women tend to prefer men of a medium stature over really tall men or really short men. In a study by Graziano et. al. (1978) similar results showed that men of medium height (5’9″- 5’11”) were rated as more attractive over shorter (5’5″- 5’7″) or taller men (6’2″- 6’4″), regardless of the height of the women (4’10”- 6’1″).

Let us also combine this with PDF files from endomorphisme that show that the average height has not went up by more than 0.8 cm. So, yes, the ideal is 183 cm if you are looking for women.

Endomorphisme, shor7guy, Meursault can continue to disregard this academic evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up