Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which height would you agree with as the ideal male ht? (male and female voters)

5'11"
6'
6'1"
Shorter than 5'11"
Taller than 6'1"

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal  (Read 69766 times)

Alittletooshort

The max I will go is 190 cm (about 6'3). But THAT would be freakish in my country. And after my research, I think I am better off stopping at six feet.
Do you consider humerus lengthening as well?
Your starting height is 174 if I remember correrctly, you will look way out of proportions if you really go for 16cms. Whats your wingspan?
Not even I could handle 190 with a wingspan almost this high.

ReadRothbard

Do you consider humerus lengthening as well?
Your starting height is 174 if I remember correrctly, you will look way out of proportions if you really go for 16cms. Whats your wingspan?
Not even I could handle 190 with a wingspan almost this high.

He says he doesn't plan on actually lengthening that much--just that 16 cm would be the max he would hypothetically lengthen. He is actually probably aiming for between 8-9 cm to be 183 cm (or 6'0).
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

YellowSpike

Lol one of my heroes is strongman Brian Shaw, and he is about that height. Realistically, though, 6'3-6'4 would be the tallest I'd practically want to be. 6'7 would be sweet for a while, but It would get inconvenient.

The landlord I lived with while doing LL abroad was 6'4.5". Perhaps he appeared taller because he was so thin, but to me, he was kinda too tall. Even his gf who I met a few times said she felt he was too tall (but she was only like 5'3", even I virtually towered over her lol)

ItsMyLife

Yup, I want to be 183 cm now (I used to want 188, or 190 cm). But I started to ask girls and guys about what height is ideal here where I live, and it appears to be 180 cm or thereabouts.

I asked further. Girls here prefer 181 compared to 178, so I think I am good to go.

Again, I am not sure what is the real ideal height in America, but I suspect it is very close to 6 feet.

But if we use what I anecdotally asked girls in Singapore, ie, the ideal height in Singapore is 180-182. Then, if we add 4 cm (due to the differences in average height between USA and here), then the figure becomes 184-186 is the ideal height in America.

But I strongly suspect the ideal height in America is 183 cm (6 feet), same as Singapore and most of Asia (maybe we exclude the shorter Asian nations like China, India)  Based on the data. Furthermore, I suspect there are strong mass media and globalisation forces which  make 6 feet the ideal height world-wide, except perhaps, The Netherlands (and Norway, etc)

ItsMyLife

Today I post additional supporting data, to the maybe seven or more sources:

As one can see, 6' is (again?!) the peak. Surely this is not a massive lie by deceitful women?  :o
Again, if females are such deceitful liars who want to conceal their love and lust for tall guys, I FAIL TO SEE WHY the 5'5 , 5'6 , 5'7 guys get so much less votes compared to 6 feet guys or above 6 feet.

Tomorrow I will post the other infographic, also from OKCupid (Thanks Meursault)

NewHeights

"I would love to be 5' 10", because any girls who ONLY want a guy who is 6' are jackasses. Being 5' 10" would allow me to avoid such girls"
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)
Option 1: Inversion and Glucosamine to 177+CM :)
Option 2: CLL to 180 CM :)
"Be the best version of yourself"

YellowSpike

Unless I'm reading the chart wrong, isn't 6'2" the peak there?

Well of course, with online dating ,women discriminate a lot more based on height. I still managed to do really well with online dating, but that's because I have a lot of other things for me (though I claimed 5'7" to try and get my foot in the door, because once I did, I was usually fine) and was able to write compelling and fun profiles. But I can't imagine how many women out there never even saw my profile because they already filtered me out based on height alone.

For the average short man (who is average in other areas), it's better to meet women in real life because they can't gauge your exact height (the number 5'5" sounds bad on paper, I used to always say 5'7" and mostly got away with it), and your confidence/looks can help you more in real life.

Online dating is notoriously cutthroat and superficial. And height is the number one way women will discriminate online, the way we do with women's weight.

NewHeights

Re: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal
« Reply #100 on: March 05, 2015, 03:14:23 PM »

Today I post additional supporting data, to the maybe seven or more sources:

As one can see, 6' is (again?!) the peak. Surely this is not a massive lie by deceitful women?  :o
Again, if females are such deceitful liars who want to conceal their love and lust for tall guys, I FAIL TO SEE WHY the 5'5 , 5'6 , 5'7 guys get so much less votes compared to 6 feet guys or above 6 feet.

Tomorrow I will post the other infographic, also from OKCupid (Thanks Meursault)

I have a problem with your chart, and it has to do with the way it's scaled. There is a minute difference in absolute percentage terms from 5 10" to 6' 2", but the way the graph is scaled makes it look like a significant difference.
177CM/176CM morning/evening :( Wingspan 178 CM :( Inseam/Height 47.7% :( BPEL 7.5" :)

ItsMyLife

« Reply #101 on: March 05, 2015, 03:19:14 PM »

Unless I'm reading the chart wrong, isn't 6'2" the peak there?

Well of course, with online dating ,women discriminate a lot more based on height. I still managed to do really well with online dating, but that's because I have a lot of other things for me (though I claimed 5'7" to try and get my foot in the door, because once I did, I was usually fine) and was able to write compelling and fun profiles. But I can't imagine how many women out there never even saw my profile because they already filtered me out based on height alone.

For the average short man (who is average in other areas), it's better to meet women in real life because they can't gauge your exact height (the number 5'5" sounds bad on paper, I used to always say 5'7" and mostly got away with it), and your confidence/looks can help you more in real life.

Online dating is notoriously cutthroat and superficial. And height is the number one way women will discriminate online, the way we do with women's weight.

I had a good looking guy tell me that being good looking isn't that good after all cos some girls might be after you for your looks.

Perhaps the same logic might apply to height. But either way, I live only once so I guess I will go for the best height I can. I will always age later, and look worse, etc, that will filter away the superficial ones.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #102 on: March 05, 2015, 03:20:49 PM »

and yup, sorry careless mistake. When you have 7 sources or more telling you the ideal height is six feet, you get caught up. Yup, it is 6'2 there. So I think the ideal is anywhere from 6' to 6'2. But one must realise that for online dating, some people inflate their height. So probably the real ideal is actually still six feet (ie, women who meet 6'2 guys realise they are actually 6'. And women who meet 6' guys realise they are shy of 6'). Again, this is pure conjecture.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #103 on: March 05, 2015, 03:22:58 PM »

I have a problem with your chart, and it has to do with the way it's scaled. There is a minute difference in absolute percentage terms from 5 10" to 6' 2", but the way the graph is scaled makes it look like a significant difference.

That's true, thanks for the observation. So, as I said any height from 6' or thereabouts is probably fine.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #104 on: March 05, 2015, 03:23:49 PM »

Thing I wanna bring out from this graph, is that, there is a ceiling effect, as observed by other researchers.

Ie, yes, men can be "too tall" for comfort.

YellowSpike

« Reply #105 on: March 05, 2015, 03:24:50 PM »

I had a good looking guy tell me that being good looking isn't that good after all cos some girls might be after you for your looks.

Perhaps the same logic might apply to height. But either way, I live only once so I guess I will go for the best height I can. I will always age later, and look worse, etc, that will filter away the superficial ones.

Being good looking is what saved me from having to date unattractive girls despite being very short. So I thank God it at least got that naturally...

I want women to like me because they're attracted to me and because they like my personality. It's all part of the package. I figure, if I can go to the gym and manipulate my body and look good, I want the height too. It's just like I might date a girl that had a nose job but previously I may not have attracted to her. Cosmetic surgery is mainly to help our own confidence and how we feel about ourselves, but if it gives us more dating options, that's just icing on the cake.

NewHeights

« Reply #106 on: March 05, 2015, 03:52:23 PM »

Being good looking is what saved me from having to date unattractive girls despite being very short. So I thank God it at least got that naturally...

I want women to like me because they're attracted to me and because they like my personality. It's all part of the package. I figure, if I can go to the gym and manipulate my body and look good, I want the height too. It's just like I might date a girl that had a nose job but previously I may not have attracted to her. Cosmetic surgery is mainly to help our own confidence and how we feel about ourselves, but if it gives us more dating options, that's just icing on the cake.

I'm right with you Yellow. The idea of a girl setting a minimum height filter on a dating site at 6' makes me cringe at the thought  of such shallow girl, and I would never want to encounter or talk to that type of person. I also would want a girl who falls for my personality.

I can only understand a girl doing that if the girl is very tall herself.

Also, The chart posted is very telling for two reasons.

1. TALL is NOT a huge advantage, otherwise the percentage would have jumped more at 6' plus

2. 5' 7" and up seems like the place to be, but even the difference between 5' 5" and 6' 2" in absolute percentage terms is not that huge. 5' 5" guys still have a chance!

Smallguy

« Reply #107 on: March 05, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

The ideal height shown in this graph is 6'2 and 6'5 to 6'8. The percentage of contacts by women levels off between 6'2 to 6'5 by a curve, so you must be either exactly 6'2 or 6'5 to 6'8 and not somewhere in between or less/more than these height to get the highest percentage of contact by female.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

YellowSpike

« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2015, 04:07:23 PM »

I'm right with you Yellow. The idea of a girl setting a minimum height filter on a dating site at 6' makes me cringe at the thought  of such shallow girl, and I would never want to encounter or talk to that type of person. I also would want a girl who falls for my personality.

1. TALL is NOT a huge advantage, otherwise the percentage would have jumped more at 6' plus

2. 5' 7" and up seems like the place to be, but even the difference between 5' 5" and 6' 2" in absolute percentage terms is not that huge. 5' 5" guys still have a chance!

I agree with pretty much everything you said...but being tall is a huge advantage (all else being equal), particularly with online dating. But as we said, who would want to marry a woman who filters out based on that?

5'7"+ isn't bad as long as you have other things going for you. It's below 5'7" when things start to get really bad and you're always called out for being short.

NewHeights

« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2015, 04:13:06 PM »

The ideal height shown in this graph is 6'2 and 6'5 to 6'8. The percentage of contacts by women levels off between 6'2 to 6'5 by a curve, so you must be either exactly 6'2 or 6'5 to 6'8 and not somewhere in between or less/more than these height to get the highest percentage of contact by female.

Urrgghh! What the fruck guys? Why do we need such a huge dating pool? Do you have enough time to date each and every one of the millions of girls in a 6' 2" man's dating pool?

I just want one girl at a time please lol. I don't need tens of millions in this "dating pool".

I'm sorry, but I'm just getting sick of this fantasy idea of a "HUGE DATING POOL".

ItsMyLife

« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2015, 04:14:56 PM »

yeap but probably since straight guys inflate their heights, 6'2 on a dating app might well be 6'1 or 6'. So we can bring this data to co-relate to the other data that we have.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2015, 04:18:01 PM »

Urrgghh! What the fruck guys? Why do we need such a huge dating pool? Do you have enough time to date each and every one of the millions of girls in a 6' 2" man's dating pool?

I just want one girl at a time please lol. I don't need tens of millions in this "dating pool".

I'm sorry, but I'm just getting sick of this fantasy idea of a "HUGE DATING POOL".
he is just reading the data.
as you pointed out, the percentages are not significant. so I doubt a guy who is 6' and lengthens to 6'5 would have much benefit (or even negative disadvantage accrues)
this "heightism" has been rsearched extensively. the effects are not as drastic as "sexism" and "racism". Given that sexcism and racism are at decades-low levels, I think heightism is not such a factor UNLESS you are very short.
as MM said, she could possibly date a guy as long as she clicks with him... doesn't have to be 5'10 or what, though its PREFERABLE.
similarly, I wouldn't date a girl who is obese, because she just shows no interest in taking care of herself and that is utter laziness. This is probably different from the idea of height, but you get the drift. someone totally too obese, would be out of the equation. someone who is average or slightly above average, might fit the bill, eg if she is wealthy etc...

YellowSpike

« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2015, 04:21:51 PM »

NEVER do LL solely to increase your dating pool. While it's nice to have more options for hookups, the right woman won't care how tall you are/were. Do LL for you and yourself only. More dating options is only a bonus.

I can't imagine mentally going through the torture that is LL with women as my only motivator. There's no way I would have made it. I was doing well with women before LL. This was for me because I was the one who hated being super short.

ItsMyLife

« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:08 PM »

NEVER do LL solely to increase your dating pool. While it's nice to have more options for hookups, the right woman won't care how tall you are/were. Do LL for you and yourself only. More dating options is only a bonus.

I can't imagine mentally going through the torture that is LL with women as my only motivator. There's no way I would have made it. I was doing well with women before LL. This was for me because I was the one who hated being super short.

I totally agree.

I do LL only for myself because I wanna feel tall in my country. Its always been a dream since young to be of average height at least. I was 171, and slowly after 18 I pushed my way up to 174-ish. That was pretty much average here. BUT I got greedy. I started wearing lifts.  Lifts made me feel tall and I really liked it to be around 180 as I was with lifts. It became a horror to take off my lifts. In a sense, lifts made me do LL. I wanna stand with slippers, tall at 180+.

It doesn't help that recently the younger generation appear to be taller and taller. I don't know if it is just me, but the numbers seem static. Probably just a distorted perception due to my height dysphoria.

The bonuses are probably better career, more leadership options and greater dating pool. But I never really thought of them as motivators. The MAIN REASON was I wanted to be lifts-free.

Lifting made me feel so weird.. as if I was living a lie. I was tall, yes, but it was not my flesh. And when (trust me there are many) 185 guys tower over me, I feel even worse. Because it is all lifts below my feet. If I were 183, and a 188 cm guy stands next to me, I wont even care, cause I am tall by definition. I am tall WITHOUT LIFTS.

endomorphisme

« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:49 PM »

I don t see how the ayi graph works, any idea??

ItsMyLife

« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2015, 05:34:32 PM »

Supremely intelligent comments, he is back.

Smallguy

« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2015, 06:01:01 PM »

Yeah, I was just reading the chart. The chart is obviously flawed as it pinpoints to a specific height and not to a range. Women don't make selections that way. They usually have cutoffs like I would only date guys between 5'8 to 6'2, etc. Just as men don't specifically ask women to be exactly 120lb and no more no less. We usually don't want to be over 200lb or under 90lb.

And like Itsmylife mentioned, the data could be distorted due to men's tendency to cheat and exaggerate their true height so they can get more replies.

And you are right.. unless the guy is a sex fiend and have a lot of time on hand, I don't see how you can't possibly be happy with one girlfriend as a time. Unless you are outright undesirable, I don't see how hard it is to find a girlfriend, provided you have adequate social skill and don't come off as a hazard to someone's safety.

yeap but probably since straight guys inflate their heights, 6'2 on a dating app might well be 6'1 or 6'. So we can bring this data to co-relate to the other data that we have.

Yeah, I too round up my height to 5'10 on some dating website. And this is when I measure myself barefooted. But there is undoubtedly people who measure their height with shoes and lifts (like most Hong Kong celebrities). I can also imagine some desperate soul on dating website to trying to exaggerate his height 2-3 inches in order to get more replies from girls.

sarcasm.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2015, 06:32:00 PM »

I think it is honestly too flattering to call a girl who only dates men over 6'0 tall "shallow". Shallowness has to do with looks and appearance, while height is literally the size of your appearance and not appearance itself. That isn't what these women are doing. Turning down an otherwise good-looking, sexy, confident, etc. guy because he's short is like turning down a free Lamborghini because it isn't your favorite color. It is flat out brain damaged and retarded--not shallow.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

endomorphisme

« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2015, 07:07:14 PM »

Supremely intelligent comments, he is back.

so could you explain why someone who is 6'2 is 57% more likely to get contacted?
A guy who is 5'5 or less will never get contactED by a woman even if she is ugly and fat, there is noway a guy this tall is attractive to girls, altleast on dating website.
So could you explain, how a very short man is 9% likely to get contactED and a talL man, only 14%?
The percentile are not absolute.

YellowSpike

« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2015, 07:10:11 PM »

so could you explain why someone who is 6'2 is 57% more likely to get contacted?
A guy who is 5'5 or less will never get contactED by a woman even if she is ugly and fat, there is noway a guy this tall is attractive to girls, altleast on dating website.
So could you explain, how a very short man is 9% likely to get contactED and a talL man, only 14%?
The percentile are not absolute.

I think most women filter for at least 5'8" and above. I did well with online dating, but I also lied and said I was 5'7" when I was 5'5.5" at best. I only got caught when three different 5'7" girls asked me out (one I think cared, the other two I dated for a while, and they were both hot).

Height is the number one thing women use to discriminate in terms of online dating. In real life, no one knows your exact height...but on "paper"/an online profile...below 5'8" looks really bad. Even 5'8" is borderline, but I was on all the dating sites over the years, and it seemed that most women (including attractive ones) are ok with around 5'8" and above.

ReadRothbard

« Reply #120 on: March 05, 2015, 07:49:13 PM »

I think most women filter for at least 5'8" and above. I did well with online dating, but I also lied and said I was 5'7" when I was 5'5.5" at best. I only got caught when three different 5'7" girls asked me out (one I think cared, the other two I dated for a while, and they were both hot).

Height is the number one thing women use to discriminate in terms of online dating. In real life, no one knows your exact height...but on "paper"/an online profile...below 5'8" looks really bad. Even 5'8" is borderline, but I was on all the dating sites over the years, and it seemed that most women (including attractive ones) are ok with around 5'8" and above.

The good thing is that if you do get "caught" for lying about two or so inches of height, you can always just say that you didn't really know you height and just estimated.

Future space tycoon

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #121 on: March 05, 2015, 08:27:04 PM »

Get a woman drunk and your height won't matter. Alcohol makes women throw their height standards out the window just like it makes men okay with banging fat chicks.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!

YellowSpike

« Reply #122 on: March 05, 2015, 08:42:59 PM »

Get a woman drunk and your height won't matter. Alcohol makes women throw their height standards out the window just like it makes men okay with banging fat chicks.

I think genuine confidence is the way to go. I was confident in every other aspect of myself except my stupid height, and girls (even after hooking up with them) would sometimes give me sh*t for it. And even though it was good-natured (and I acted like it didn't bother me), it annoyed me.

However, when it comes to online dating (which is where I would say most dating takes place nowadays), women can't gauge your "Confidence" and you can't get them drunk from reading your profile. So height would still be an issue. And women have it easier with dating (especially under 30 and attractive women), so if the want to wait around for someone who ticks all their boxes, they have more opportunities to do that than we do. Take two people of equal attractive "levels" and place them side-by-side. Except, one is a man, and one is a woman. Who do you think is getting more dating opportunities? The woman. Just the way it is, and another motivator for me to do LL (not for women per se, but I didn't want to feel like any attractive woman I dated had so much power over me).

Sean Connery

• Newbi
« Reply #123 on: March 05, 2015, 09:01:58 PM »

I think genuine confidence is the way to go. I was confident in every other aspect of myself except my stupid height, and girls (even after hooking up with them) would sometimes give me sh*t for it. And even though it was good-natured (and I acted like it didn't bother me), it annoyed me.

However, when it comes to online dating (which is where I would say most dating takes place nowadays), women can't gauge your "Confidence" and you can't get them drunk from reading your profile. So height would still be an issue. And women have it easier with dating (especially under 30 and attractive women), so if the want to wait around for someone who ticks all their boxes, they have more opportunities to do that than we do. Take two people of equal attractive "levels" and place them side-by-side. Except, one is a man, and one is a woman. Who do you think is getting more dating opportunities? The woman. Just the way it is, and another motivator for me to do LL (not for women per se, but I didn't want to feel like any attractive woman I dated had so much power over me).

That's the reason why women who sleep around a lot are called sluts and degraded and men who sleep around a lot are called smooth and admired by peers. It takes no effort for a woman to get laid but a lot of effort for guys to get laid, even conventionally attractive ones. 

Good points. I don't have a problem with lying about my height online though. Women automatically assume a guy is shorter than he lists anyway and boosting your height keeps you out of the block filter.
I'm not drunk! I'm Scottish!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up