Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which height would you agree with as the ideal male ht? (male and female voters)

5'11"
6'
6'1"
Shorter than 5'11"
Taller than 6'1"

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal  (Read 69590 times)

GeTs

One who brings IQ so many times and puts quotes as signature in order to prove his ideas is only a loser in my eyes and the fact that u're happy having an IQ of 140 proves my theory even more, and before u shut me down, no I have no education, still in college, but u're forcing me to bring my IQ(148) to a forum in order for u to listen me as u're viewing IQ as sort of supremacy. Don't take this as offence but rather as an advice. Btw I agree with 6'0-6'2 being the best range with 6'0 best in Asia as I think Asians don't look at all that dating crap from internet, ranging from sluthate to this forum or bodybuilding, when dating

ItsMyLife

One who brings IQ so many times and puts quotes as signature in order to prove his ideas is only a loser in my eyes and the fact that u're happy having an IQ of 140 proves my theory even more, and before u shut me down, no I have no education, still in college, but u're forcing me to bring my IQ(148) to a forum in order for u to listen me as u're viewing IQ as sort of supremacy

Nope I don't think IQ is supremacy. If you read up further, the single key determinant to success in life(including financial) is not IQ. Students were followed, and the answer is: being hardworking. Of course, you can be hardworking and low IQ, then you might not be successful

Reason why I bring up the high IQ of the other posters, is that their arguments ...... are so logical. I cannot help but wonder they are much more intelligent species.

But I agree with your logic that for generations, six feet has been the ideal. I don't think it will be displaced anytime soon, given that the average height for the younger generation has not increased much (see my other thread).

If you ask MM or anyone who knows me and my posts, I have said that IQ is not the most important. Rather it might be wealth, kindness and how hardworking someone is. My IQ is high but not very high, I know that. But it is enough for me to make a comfortable living and score well in university as long as I have studied hard.

ItsMyLife

Anyway I do not need to say about my IQ or education, objectively look at the two streams of argument, and it is manifestly clear why I feel that I have such low IQ that I totally cannot understand what the other posters (Meursault and endormorphisme, Uppland) are saying. I am sorry but I am just too dumb. :'(

ItsMyLife

Btw I agree with 6'0-6'2 being the best range with 6'0 best in Asia as I think Asians don't look at all that dating crap from internet, ranging from sluthate to this forum or bodybuilding, when dating

All the data can only lead to the conclusion that 6'0 to 6'1 is good. 6'2 should be fine too, but its pushing the data slightly. As I have said it is all personal preference.

If you are 6'2  in USA/UK you might suffer a slight statistical dip in your dating pool. It might not even be noticeable......But, if you are a LL patient, and become so much  more confident at 6'2, then you might have a greater dating pool (compared to if you did NOT have LL).

My point is, as a patient who is 170 cm for instance, all this post about 188 cm being the best, is nonsense. A patient who does LL, should well be advised to stop at 183 instead of 188. I am in the fortunate situation that I started at 174. I will finish my tibia at 182+. If I do another 4-5 cm which Prof bagirov suggests I am already at 186. But I don't wanna do all this. I think it is "too tall", ie, outside of three standard deviations in most parts of Asia (and perhaps maybe my country as well).

I have read the Singapore forums and there is no nonsense like this going on AT ALL, trying to read what girls want (and reading it wrongly). If we look at the data objectively, I think the most sane answer is to say that there is a height ceiling (ceiling effect as the research calls it), and that height ceiling is about 6'1. After that, returns become negative (though it may not be very noticeable, ie, 190 cm tall guys aren't shunned for their height. it might be a slight decrease in dating pools).

Even Asian girls are so much nicer. Some of them (30%) don't even mind guys shorter than themselves. (according to a poll by Straits Times RazorTV)

GeTs

Anyway I do not need to say about my IQ or education, objectively look at the two streams of argument, and it is manifestly clear why I feel that I have such low IQ that I totally cannot understand what the other posters (Meursault and endormorphisme, Uppland) are saying. I am sorry but I am just too dumb. :'(
6'5 (Scandinavia)  might be equivalent to 6'2 in U.S which is equivalent to 6'0 in Asia, so you all were arguing about nothing, but one thing I disagree with, is the male's theory about who a girl would bang, that is just lol

GeTs

True. It'sMyLife and me were discussing about this the other day, but our posts were deleted. IQ is important, but being hardworking is equally important. Being wealthy is also desirable. And kindness, of course, is something to take into account.
that is just crap, only thing important is never even think of failure, if u mean by kindness leave others to do their work then I agree

ItsMyLife

6'5 (Scandinavia)  might be equivalent to 6'2 in U.S which is equivalent to 6'0 in Asia, so you all were arguing about nothing, but one thing I disagree with, is the male's theory about who a girl would bang, that is just lol

Yup I have seen that point and mentioned it :)
It just appears from the data that 6' to 6'1 appears to be the height most girls statistically like.
In Asia, the figure (I thought) might be  1 inch lower or 2 inches,.

But I theorised (above) that globalisation forces might have caused Asian and Western heights to intersect such that the IDEAL for both asia and west is both 6' (or around there); this is just a guess. But K-pop heights, and Taiwanese pop heights, Chinese pop heights, are an indicator this may be true.

Regardless, I don't think most girls would notice a difference between a 6' guy and a 6'2 guy (since they are way shorter, most of them).

endomorphisme

There are many people who are mentally weak or have mental disorders on this forum, there might be a substantial proportion of mentally Ill people among patients

ItsMyLife

What exactly would you like to know? I feel 6 feet is ideal, but anything between 5'10 and 6'1 seems also ideal to me. As I have already said,I would accept a man shorter or taller than that if I feel physically, intellectually and emotionally attached to him. And, of course, I'm not a liar (or at least I'm not lying about this).

Thanks for clarifying that you are not lying about this.

Just something funny... To show how I am unable to understand supreme intelligence here ;)

MM: The ideal is about 5'10 to 6'1. :)
(Supreme Intelligence) Forum member: No! You are lying! You want a 6'5 guy to sleep with >:(
MM: Hell no. I don't wanna feel like a midget! :o
(Supreme Intelligence)  Forum member: No! You liar!  ::)You want people to have an impression that you are a saint, and don't go for height >:( >:( >:(
MM: *flagging a dead horse* If I am a saint, I would have chosen the ideal height to be 5'8/5'9 or something more average or even 5'1. ??? THe fact is that height is a bonus.... *face palm* :-\
Forum member (Supreme Intelliegence) : You liar, go to a party and you see all the girls want the 6'5 guy >:( >:( >:( girls wanna be dominated so badly
MM:  :o :-[ :'( ;D
Forum member (another one): There are many people who are mentally weak or have mental disorders on this forum, there might be a substantial proportion of mentally Ill people among patients

Haha, this is just for comedy sake and to make things easier to understand  ::)

ItsMyLife

There are many people who are mentally weak or have mental disorders on this forum, there might be a substantial proportion of mentally Ill people among patients

I agree. perhaps you can answer to the information I have posted? ;) no new arguments? no new data? there are indeed many mentally ill patients, I agree.

galaxy1

Fretting about whether 6'0 or 6'2 is the better height for a male is very silly and unbelievably crazy.

ItsMyLife

Fretting about whether 6'0 or 6'2 is the better height for a male is very silly and unbelievably crazy.

someone thinks that he can dominate a 6feet guy by being 6'2. that's more insane. lol. two inches is 5 cm.

This poll clearly shows a gradual decline in the number of votes from 6'1 onwards.  As a study has noted Hensley (1994), the difference is STATISTICALLY significant, ie, much more girls prefer 6' rather than 6'1 or 6'2, This effect has been reproduced everywhere, even in recent polls..
. Gunderson (1965) reported that naval personnel assigned to a medium-sized aircraft carrier (the sample size was not reported, but it was presumably large), expressed the opinion that 72 inches (183 cm) was the optimal desired height. Ironically, 72 inches is the mean height for an ideal male reported by the uninvolved females in this study. Moreover, the standard deviation of the preferred height is so small ([Alpha] = .20) that the preference for a six-foot-tall male is overwhelming. Of the 145 uninvolved females, 46 (32%) report that six feet is the ideal height for a male.
This poll 57 voted 6 feet, 27 voted 6'2. :-\

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/362135/results
* I think you have to vote before you can see results

If you are FEMALE, which of these measurements is closest to the MALE height you consider ideal? (Skip if you are MALE)

11% (25 voters)
5'11 (180)

27% (57 voters)
6'0 (183)

13% (29 voters)
6'1 (185.5)

12% (27 voters)
6'2 (188)

8% (17 voters)
6'3 (190.5)

6% (14 voters)
>6'3 (>190.5)

galaxy1

Really, it's not like your going to be a more supreme being just because you stand 6'2 tall rather than 6'0 tall. If old age shrinkage is the concern then sure, shoot for a little extra, still, it really isn't necessary. 5'9 to 6'0 are all great heights, even at 5'8 it has not ever stopped any of my brothers from living wonderful and great lives.

GeTs

Just crap? OMG! Why? Hahaha
in order to achieve a greater intelect you'll sacrify something in order to concentrate all your energy/focus on that target, which is what sets you apart from others, but depends whether the work is mental (something like matemathician) or social (businessman)

ItsMyLife

It is asinine to assert that girls are lying when they are polled:

http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/362135/results
* I think you have to vote before you can see results

If you are FEMALE, which of these measurements is closest to the MALE height you consider ideal? (Skip if you are MALE)
1% (4 voters)
5'7 (170)

1% (4 voters)
5'8 (172.5)

4% (10 voters)
5'9 (175)

8% (18 voters)
5'10 (177.5)

11% (25 voters)
5'11 (180)

27% (57 voters)
6'0 (183)

13% (29 voters)
6'1 (185.5)

12% (27 voters)
6'2 (188)

8% (17 voters)
6'3 (190.5)

6% (14 voters)
>6'3 (>190.5)

As can be seen:

1) If women are lying to act saintly or to hide their love for tall guys or love for being dominated, they would have voted a height that is below average. Look at the 5'7 and 5'8 heights, only a few voters (4 each), compared to the more average heights. This shows a perverse inclination towards tall guys.

2) As you approach from 5'9 towards 6 feet, you notice  a gradual and significant increase in voters:

4% (10 voters)
5'9 (175)

8% (18 voters)
5'10 (177.5)

11% (25 voters)
5'11 (180)

27% (57 voters)
6'0 (183)

3) After 6 feet, there is a sharp decline (half) in number of voters who vote 6'1. After 6'1, note a constant but statistically significant DECREASE in number of voters.

13% (29 voters)
6'1 (185.5)  THIS IS HALF THE NO OF VOTERS WHO VOTED SIX FEET

12% (27 voters)
6'2 (188)   Less voters...

8% (17 voters)
6'3 (190.5) Even less voters...

6% (14 voters)
>6'3 (>190.5) Even less voters... Least voters.

4) If you see the graph on the website, there is a symmetrical effect. The number of voters peak at six feet. There are less voters on either side of the graph.

5) The graph shows that guys taller than six feet are more desired than guys shorter than six feet. I don't think we can say the girls are lying. They obviously desire taller guys

6) But there is a "too tall" limit for some girls, or at least, a preference towards 6 feet as their ideal.

7) This corresponds with an infographic that Meursault has posted from OKCupid. No. of unsolicited messages from girls. The idea is that six feet is the peak. 6'1 has less messages than 6 feet.

8) Hensley (1994) did statistical analysis and showed that the height of 183 cm was preferred by so many girls that it is statistically very clear and significant (very low alpha).

9) There have been multiple opinion polls done by news agencies and websites which asked for women's opinion and the ideal height always is 6 feet. There are decreases in number of voters on both sides of the graph. yougov.uk even concluded that 6'3 is "too tall" in its infographic.

10) The Japanese website which I posted did an opinion poll, it shows that the ideal height (as voted by women) is 180 cm. THis means that taller is not always better. Asians are also probably more truthful and forthcoming about their ideal height in a partner. It is asinine to suggest that these Japanese are lying.

11) There are multiple studies, other than Hensley(1994). See above. These studies may be decades old, but, the average height has remained constant for youngsters vs those who are older, or is only 0.9 cm taller (according to PDF files contributed by endomorphisme, thanks). So the results should be and are the same  today (see for example, Dailymail, Yougov, which are recent surveys, even one dates to 2014).

12)These conclusions are supported by MM and Diso. MM has said she is not lying.

13) These conclusions are supported by what I asked girls and even gay or bisexual men. The ideal is in fact 180-183 cm. 183 and above in fact, in Asia, according to them is "too tall", They did not know I did LL surgery and they see me with 180 cm lifts so there is no reason for them to lie.

14) Hollywood celebrites and Kpop celebrities are mostly 180-185. This suggests that there is probably an intersection point as to what is considered the ideal height. The mass media does convey what is socially ideal: eg, thin, fit, lean,rich, good-looking. The mass media is the epitome of superficiality and it is silly to say that Hollywood is a fake representation of what is socially ideal. Hollywood represents what is the superficial ideal.

15) There was one study which asked both men and women and the result was 6'1. Thus if you want to please both girls and guys, then do 6'1. The most no of voters (male and female) think the ideal height is 6'1.

16) Guys have an inflated sense of what is ideal height. See misterpoll survey (above). When guys were asked what is the guy ideal height, the answer was above six feet. THis is probably the reason for the divergence of opinions seen in this thread.

In the totality of these evidences, six feet is the ideal height, according to women.

I am very curious what the supremely intelligent males would say about this. Instead of repeating like a broken tape recorder that women are lying (which I have already proved, they are NOT lying), and giving me anecdotal stories about how very tall guys get girls (this is refuted too; if you see the graphs, very tall guys still > very short guys, they are more popular. but six feet is still the most ideal. if you are very tall, it is not such an impediment as, being short).

So I ask the third time, Where is your source? Where is your DATA.  ;D ;D
Instead of insinuating repeatedly that I have mental issues or that I am bitter/jealous, let me put it to you that it may be the other way round.

YellowSpike

I think 6'3" is when guys start being in danger of being called "too tall," but for the most part, 6'3" guys are safe and will probably have many women after them solely based on their height. The horrible guy I lived with while I did LL was 6'4.5"...and he was very thin too. I'd say he was "too tall." I think there's much more of a market for "too tall" guys than very short guys (even though there ARE, in fact, women who target short men).

I think 6'1-6'3" is the perfect ideal male height. I'll never see it, but can only imagine how awesome it would be to have my looks on a frame like that! But I'm content with my 5'8" now even though I'm still considered borderline short. Whatever!  :P

GeTs

6'1 is the coolest to be, cause u're tall for the normal world

ItsMyLife

I think 6'3" is when guys start being in danger of being called "too tall," but for the most part, 6'3" guys are safe and will probably have many women after them solely based on their height. The horrible guy I lived with while I did LL was 6'4.5"...and he was very thin too. I'd say he was "too tall." I think there's much more of a market for "too tall" guys than very short guys (even though there ARE, in fact, women who target short men).

I think 6'1-6'3" is the perfect ideal male height. I'll never see it, but can only imagine how awesome it would be to have my looks on a frame like that! But I'm content with my 5'8" now even though I'm still considered borderline short. Whatever!  :P

This bolded statement agrees with yougov.uk's opinion survey. 6 feet is fine. 6'3 is too tall. It has been (somewhat) shown that the 3-4 inches above 6 feet are more desirable than the 3-4 inches below.

But if endomorphisme and Meursault want to become 6'1 or 6'2 or 6'3 even, it is their own life. They might be treated less favourably by girls (unlikely girls will say : you are too tall, they just keep it inside subconsciously or semi-consciously).

I would say anything around 6 feet is fine, so 6'1 is fine too. These are ideal heights preferred by women and are not cast in stone (MM said, as long as personality etc is good).

Hence if someone wants more girls, I think it is stupid to go from 6 feet to 6'3 etc. If you want more girls, focus on other aspects (education, wealth, facial aesthetics, grooming, skincare, etc).If the PURPOSE of going from 6' to 6'3 is not girls, but rather to feel tall, then it is his ideal height.

You can easily gain 3 inches from 5'8 to 5'11 or use lifts, That was what I did before LL.

It borderlines on jealousy and bitterness (I think endomorphisme said this) to claim that he wants to lengthen to 188 cm to dominate six feet guys. Come on seriously? 188 cm vs 183 cm is only a 5 cm difference. And a typical basketballer can jump 70 cm+, 5 cm is NOTHING, its not even the length of a flaccid penis.

It is also a ridiculous logic. So a fortiori, a 188 cm guy can dominate a 173 cm guy (15 cm). Possible, but it is asinine. We are not living in the stone age ,and even if we are, the 173 guy can learn martial arts, or build up himself to be stronger than the 188 cm. And it has been shown shorter guys are  more agile and shoot better.

That guy was 6'4 ? He finished lengthening at that height? so what was his starting height.

ReadRothbard

Honestly, man, I'd love to be like 6'7 or 6'8. That'd be badass--no fks given,
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

ItsMyLife

I guess we will not have any data or logical arguments (without any logical fallacies) that show that 6'5 is the ideal height or yada yada yada. Case closed.  ;)

endomorphisme

lol itsmylife, i thought you wanted to leave the forum, and you're still there, not focusing on recovery, but trying to convince us what is good and what is not.
You"re loosing you're time and you're energy, if i were you, i would leave this forum, try not to worry about height and resume a normal life...

ItsMyLife

lol itsmylife, i thought you wanted to leave the forum, and you're still there, not focusing on recovery, but trying to convince us what is good and what is not.
You"re loosing you're time and you're energy, if i were you, i would leave this forum, try not to worry about height and resume a normal life...

I just waiting for the evidence. I am only looking at this thread, for your reply ;)
I'm not worried about my height, just worried I am abit too tall for my country.

ItsMyLife

Think we can close this thread since there's no evidence that points the other way. Im here on forum just to post this thread :)
BTW it feels good to see my evidence on my signature being repeated 1000+  times in this forum.
Just hope that it can help those people with mental issues (this is not medical advice). They are wayyyy too bitter and too much resentment.

Smallguy

Unless I get my orgasm from men which I don't (am 200% straight), I base my facts on what women want. It seems like an overwhelming majority of women prefer men who are less than 6'1, and the marginal benefit exponentially levels off after 6'0. This explains why going from 5'7 (1 vote) to 6'0 (57 votes) give you a huge benefit. But there is hardly any significant benefit going from 5'11 to 6'2 - two additional votes.  This is what the data suggests. And this is based on what white women think. I prefer Asian, who are exponentially shorter.

Every man do as he chooses but don't be shocked being exactly the same person (or less) you were before your LL surgery. We're only here giving honest opinion.

People tend to have a distorted perspective of beauty. That explains why some women think oversized fake-looking silicon boobs is beautiful and other women get lip injection to make their lips thicker (lol).

I can agree that for most of us, height is what is holding us back. But for others, if you seek advice from a smart family member or friend... or even posting a photo of yourself on a forum and detailing your issues, maybe you can get a better suggested solution to your problem.
I live in the American Gardens Building on W. 81st Street on the 11th floor. My name is Patrick Bateman. I'm 27 years old. I believe in taking care of myself and a balanced diet and rigorous exercise routine.

YellowSpike

Honestly, man, I'd love to be like 6'7 or 6'8. That'd be badass--no fks given,

lol RRB, your posts are always hilarious. I would NEVER want to to be THAT tall.  :D

Shor7Guy

I guess we will not have any data or logical arguments (without any logical fallacies) that show that 6'5 is the ideal height or yada yada yada. Case closed.  ;)

go to a party, your view on height will change overnight.

ItsMyLife

go to a party, your view on height will change overnight.

Been to many, no change in views ???

ItsMyLife

lol RRB, your posts are always hilarious. I would NEVER want to to be THAT tall.  :D

The max I will go is 190 cm (about 6'3). But THAT would be freakish in my country. And after my research, I think I am better off stopping at six feet.

ReadRothbard

Lol one of my heroes is strongman Brian Shaw, and he is about that height. Realistically, though, 6'3-6'4 would be the tallest I'd practically want to be. 6'7 would be sweet for a while, but It would get inconvenient.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

Alittletooshort

The max I will go is 190 cm (about 6'3). But THAT would be freakish in my country. And after my research, I think I am better off stopping at six feet.
Do you consider humerus lengthening as well?
Your starting height is 174 if I remember correrctly, you will look way out of proportions if you really go for 16cms. Whats your wingspan?
Not even I could handle 190 with a wingspan almost this high.

ReadRothbard

Do you consider humerus lengthening as well?
Your starting height is 174 if I remember correrctly, you will look way out of proportions if you really go for 16cms. Whats your wingspan?
Not even I could handle 190 with a wingspan almost this high.

He says he doesn't plan on actually lengthening that much--just that 16 cm would be the max he would hypothetically lengthen. He is actually probably aiming for between 8-9 cm to be 183 cm (or 6'0).

Future space tycoon
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up