Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which height would you agree with as the ideal male ht? (male and female voters)

5'11"
6'
6'1"
Shorter than 5'11"
Taller than 6'1"

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Statistical & Anecdotal Proofs that 6 Feet is Ideal, Taller is not ideal  (Read 69593 times)

ItsMyLife

(Yes I know, I've all along theorised that ideal height is probably about 186 cm in UK/USA but I AM WRONG. Here is the data. But I am right that: taller is not always better. there is a ceiling-effect.)

I copy and paste here, so that guys who reach 6 feet will not feel short-changed compared to guys who want to lengthen to taller heights. For those who are already 6 feet, get a reality check ;)  If you do this for girls, you are dead wrong.

http://www.heightdb.com/blog/ideal-male-height
ideal male height is 6'1. look at the peak. (so in my country it should be about 6 feet)

Further confirmation that 6'1 and above are probably too tall:
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/60-is-the-ideal-male-height.453495411/
Based on dating pools

Second, in UK, 5'11 is ideal (2014)
https://yougov.co.uk/news/2014/07/11/ideal-height-56-woman-511-man/
The survey also finds that for the average British man, a partner becomes too short at 4'11” and too tall at 6'.

Third, Dailymail (UK):
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2126093/Womens-idea-perfect-man-A-6ft--48k-year--beer-drinking-meat-eater-Audi.html

The ideal male will also be 6ft tall, have short dark hair and smart dress sense - similar to that of U.S. X Factor host Steve Jones.

Fourth, http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380333
In a study by Hensley (1994) women preferred a man who was 72 inches (183 cm) (6ft) tall as a benchmark. The preference for the six foot tall man is overwhelming, says Hensley. In his study, consisting of 145 females, 32 percent reported this as their preferred height

Interestingly, there seems to be a “ceiling effect” where tall males (over 6 feet) suffer a decrease in fitness. That is, women tend to find extremely tall men less attractive.
This has been noted by several researchers. Women tend to prefer men of a medium stature over really tall men or really short men. In a study by Graziano et. al. (1978) similar results showed that men of medium height (5’9″- 5’11″) were rated as more attractive over shorter (5’5″- 5’7″) or taller men (6’2″- 6’4″), regardless of the height of the women (4’10″- 6’1″).

I didn't skew the search results. I just searched "ideal male height":https://www.google.com.sg/?gws_rd=ssl#q=ideal+male+height

Read yourself.
So what you gotta say to this ????

This is validation that:
1. There is a cut-off height that is too tall. Probably about 6 feet in Singapore and 1 inch or 2 inch greater in UK/USA/Europe (or as the study shows, it may in fact be 6' or 5'11)
2.  The girl friends and guy friends ( gay, straight, bi ) I spoke to, are CORRECT
3. Musicmaker and Diso are not the odd ones out. Yes women think that 6' is probably too tall, or it is at least ON THE EDGE of being too tall.
4. The forum members here have a totally distorted view of facts.
5. Hollywood heights are there for a reason. If you notice, most are below 185 cm (and Hollywood celebrities are generally taller than average persons). Same goes for K-pop, C-Pop and Taiwanese Pop and J-Pop!

So multiple sources say the ideal is about 6 feet, and it might be lower in Singpaore... maybe 180cm. But as I said, I don't care about girls. I wanna feel tall, and I think I can do so at 6 feet in Singapore.

CASE CLOSED 8) (I won, hands down, slam dunk style)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 11:37:54 AM by ItsMyLife »

Beardedguy

• Visitor

What about Latin America? Will it be ok to be 6'1+ there?
And btw I'm totally agree with you about that LL shouldnt be done just because of girls. Unless of course you are interested in volleyball or basketball girl players.
Height: 180 (5'11)
Wingspan: 186.5 (6'1 1/2)
Desired height: 1.88 (6'2)
Weight: 67kg (147lb)

GeTs

Its been the perfect height for decades now, stop listening to people on the internet that are obsessed with perfect proportions aka as those who spend time on sluthate, it tends to push and find something more perfect each time, which is why we hear a 6'5 as perfect height, when in reality without all the crap theory from here 6'0-6'1 is the greatest balance

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Uppland

Interesting hypothesis, yes a fascinating postulation indeed. Let's examine your case shall we?

"Here is the data" you claim, "but what are your sources?" I respond.

First off is "HeightDB" -an amateur blog for guessing the height of celebrities. They let random people vote,  they didn't know anything about how representative the voters were, they didn't know which people voted and they presented their results without discussing their statistical approach. Do you honestly think people regard 6'3 as a great height but 6'4 (a 2,5CM difference) as horrible?

I think we can all agree, in conclusion, that "HeightDB's" survey should be thoght of as -let's say- unsatisfactory data.

Moving on with our jolly analysis we find a link to the "IGN" forums. "IGN" is a video game/media blog and their forum is mostly populated with silly teenagers, trolls and what would be refered to as "cheeky kunts" by a person familiar with the local norms of discourse. The actual source itself is a digital image featuring unsupported claims made in a sarcastic manner and decorated with various internet memes.
I hate to sound harsh, but I'm afraid this too is not a basis for any conclusion other than that the IGN forums lives up to its reputation of being a digital cesspool.

This is rather fun isn't it, now what's next?

We are now presented with a link to "YouGov" who made a survey that would fit right in at jolly good "HeightDB" except that they didn't ask voters what height they prefered in the opposite sex but rather how tall they themselves would like to be. As this upon closer dissection reveals itself to be inconsistent with previously stated issue (what height women prefer in men) it, unfortuantely, renders this source irreleveant.

Now for the real treat: the Daily. Fuking. Mail. The same brilliant editorial who gave Britain this shining examples of journalistic perspicacity:

"The chicken IN the egg: Amazing image in a frying pan" and this marvelous example of societal awarness: "Is there no one left in Britain who can make a sandwich?" and lest we forget: "I'm NOT Bungle, insist UKIP deputy leader after internet pranksters edit his wikipedia page to claim he starred in 70s children's TV show Raibow".

-This requires no further explanation.

And last but not least, just when we were beginning to wonder, there it is; a link to the infamous MISC bodybuilding forum -your academic argument is now complete. I cannot but concur with your flawless reasoning, your undivided passion for pertinent information and your brilliant, "out-of-the-box" multifaceted, nuanced and deep analysis to finally prove -beyond all doubt- that whatever you say: You've got the facts to back it up.

Much respect, and welcome to the nobel faculty, your colleague and admirer: Uppland.

endomorphisme

I agree with uppland, overall , people don't have any idea about height, and don't know how a legit 6 footer looks like.
So when they state :"6 feet is ideal" they just have no of how a legit 6 footer feels, I guess the say 6.0 just because it s a rounding number.
Realistically speaking, the perfect height is altleast 185 cm, I don't want to offend short people, or those who cannot reach 185 cm in one or two operation.But it doesn't mean you can't be satisfied with your height
peace

ForcedPuberty

that guy beating the dead horse............... that made my day, I can die happy now :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

ItsMyLife

We are now presented with a link to "YouGov" who made a survey that would fit right in at jolly good "HeightDB" except that they didn't ask voters what height they prefered in the opposite sex but rather how tall they themselves would like to be. As this upon closer dissection reveals itself to be inconsistent with previously stated issue (what height women prefer in men) it, unfortuantely, renders this source irreleveant.

Hi Uppland, thanks for your comments. Anyway, re: YouGov, it was an opinion survey which asked women.

I quote:
On average, women say a romantic partner 5’3” or shorter is generally too short for comfort, while a partner 6’3” or taller is too tall, and the “ideal” height for a man is 5’11”.  The survey also finds that for the average British man, a partner becomes too short at 4’11” and too tall at 6’. The ideal height for a woman, according to the average man, is 5’6”.

Notably, this excludes 10% of men who say there is no such thing as too short and 9% who say no height is too tall. Similarly, there is no "too short" for 4% of women and no "too tall" for 7%.

Re: Dailymail, I have read its articles and some articles were very well written. Either way, it is an opinion poll and this is what the ladies said.

Also, what do you have to say about the academic studies quoted at bodybuilding.com? Surely the academics can't be wrong as well? They asked women their ideal date, and it must have been a proper anthropologic evaluation.

So what do I say? We have opinion poll evidence from women and academic research (yes it was decades ago, but considering the data posted by endomorphisme, we see that the younger generation is at most 0.9 cm taller).

I am now very worried about the fact that when I reach 6 feet, it might be too tall for my country (as endomorphisme pointed out).

ItsMyLife

I agree with uppland, overall , people don't have any idea about height, and don't know how a legit 6 footer looks like.
So when they state :"6 feet is ideal" they just have no of how a legit 6 footer feels, I guess the say 6.0 just because it s a rounding number.
Realistically speaking, the perfect height is altleast 185 cm, I don't want to offend short people, or those who cannot reach 185 cm in one or two operation.But it doesn't mean you can't be satisfied with your height
peace

Now, if you think that 6'2 is the ideal height (ie 187 cm) then that is totally wrong. Or 6'
3 or 6'5 as you posted. Post me a source which says that. Furthermore, the internet research I have done is to search for: Ideal male height. I did not skew the results by searching, "ideal male height six feet".

It was an objective research to find the ideal height in a male. And also what women think is the ideal height for a date.

I challenge you to search for ANYTHING :) that shows that ideal height is 6'2 or 6'5 yada yada. Maybe you only have mentally skewed people (guys) who say: ah, I wanna be 6'5" etc

HOWEVER, I can somehow agree with you about the ideal height in western countries is about 6'1 or 6'. it is very similar.

ItsMyLife

What about Latin America? Will it be ok to be 6'1+ there?
And btw I'm totally agree with you about that LL shouldnt be done just because of girls. Unless of course you are interested in volleyball or basketball girl players.
I totally agree. the basketball girls tend to be slightly taller.
Anyway or how, if you wanna compare with your country, simply adjust with the average height. Eg, since the average height in my country is 172-174, compared to 176 in the USA, I should subtract 2-4 cm.
So, ideal height in my country is 183 - 2 = 181 CM or 183-4 cm = 179 CM.
IMHO, both will do fine. But perhaps six feet is fine too, because you see all the celebrities (even my country's) are about 1.80+- 1.82, 1.83. (It seems to be universal, Hollywood, KPop, CPop)

ItsMyLife

Now lets look at more data:
http://www.misterpoll.com/polls/362135/results
* I think you have to vote before you can see results
* I am always objective so I post everything, including the fact that males prefer to be 188 cm over 183 cm.

If you are FEMALE, which of these measurements is closest to the MALE height you consider ideal? (Skip if you are MALE)

1% (3)
<5'4 (<162.5)

0% (1)
5'5 (165)

0% (1)
5'6 (167.5)

1% (4)
5'7 (170)

1% (4)
5'8 (172.5)

4% (10)
5'9 (175)

8% (18)
5'10 (177.5)

11% (25)
5'11 (180)

27% (57)
6'0 (183)

13% (29)
6'1 (185.5)

12% (27)
6'2 (188)

8% (17)
6'3 (190.5)

6% (14)
>6'3 (>190.5)

But... surprisingly Males wanna be taller:

If you are MALE, which of these measurements is closest to the MALE height you consider ideal? (Skip if you are FEMALE)

1% (4)
<5'4 (<162.5)

0% (0)
5'5 (165)

0% (2)
5'6 (167.5)

0% (2)
5'7 (170)

1% (4)
5'8 (172.5)

0% (2)
5'9 (175)

6% (14)
5'10 (177.5)

8% (18)
5'11 (180)

19% (42)
6'0 (183)

19% (42)
6'1 (185.5)

26% (59)
6'2 (188)

8% (18)
6'3 (190.5)

5% (13)
>6'3 (>190.5)

The poll ends up with the mode being the average height in USA for white young males:

If you are MALE, which of these measurements is closest to your actual height? (Skip if you are FEMALE)

3% (7)
<5'4 (<162.5)

0% (2)
5'5 (165)

4% (9)
5'6 (167.5)

5% (12)
5'7 (170)

6% (15)
5'8 (172.5)

8% (19)
5'9 (175)

13% (29)
5'10 (177.5)

11% (24)
5'11 (180)

12% (27)
6'0 (183)

11% (24)
6'1 (185.5)

10% (22)
6'2 (188)

6% (15)
6'3 (190.5)

5% (13)
>6'3 (>190.5)

Furthermore, crossing six feet is the sweet spot:

poll: How tall is your man and what's ideal?

My man is 5'0"-5'4" : (7 votes)

1 %

My man is 5'5"-5'7" : (48 votes)

7 %

My man is 5'8"-5'11" : (167 votes)

26 %

My man is 6'0"-6'3" : (213 votes)

33 %

My man is 6'4" or over : (53 votes)

8 %

Ideal is 5'5" or less : (1 votes)

0 %

Ideal is 5'6"-5'11" : (36 votes)

6 %

Ideal is 6'0" or higher : (127 votes)

19 %

Read more: http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/how-tall-is-your-man/#ixzz3TAjxT5dH

ItsMyLife

IN Japan, this "ceiling effect" ie the "too tall effect" is replicated perfectly, they say 176-180 cm is too tall. Since average in Japan is about 172 (officially), then we add 4 cm, the ideal height in UK/USA is 180-184 cm:
Source: http://woman.mynavi.jp/article/140125-27/
High height, high salary, and high education, also known as the “three highs” has been regarded as the ultimate combination in Japanese society. However, many women now say that average is the best, so let’s see if this new way of thinking correlates with height. We asked 736 people just what they think.

Q. What’s your ideal height for a man? (Choose one)

1st  176-180cm (5’77” to 5’9″) 37.4%

2nd  171-175cm (5’6″ to 5’74”) 29.4%

3rd 181-185cm (5’94” to 6′) 17.9%

4th 166-170cm (5’44” to 5’57”) 7.3%

5th 186-190cm (6’1″ to 6’2″) 2.7%

■ 176-180cm

・”I’m lacking in height, but I think 180cm and higher look the best” (34, male / IT)

・”My ideal is to have to look up to him when he’s talking” (30, female / programmer)

・”A little on the tall side, but I think it doesn’t stand out too much, so it’s just right” (29, female / finance)

■ Bonus: do men look up to taller men?

・186-190cm “I need at least this much for a fair fight with those around the world” (34, male / education)

・190-195cm “Taller men overseas are around this area” (50, male / IT)

・Over 201cm “I’ve read anecdotes that Confucious was 209cm tall” (37, male / construction)

The most popular opinion was a man that approached 180cm. It seems that women want to be able to look up to men a little, and for men it’s the preferred height to dress fashionably. Men are getting taller as the years pass, so it’s possible that the ideal height may keep growing.

Poll duration :2013/12/24-2014/1/6

Eligible votes 282 male, 454 female (login required)

Research by MyNavi Woman

You know what? I am getting sick of this forum and do not wish to contribute anymore. I mean, the members here have distorted mindset of what the ideal male height is. It is impossible to change their mind. I have shown like what, 5 sources? I do not think I should even continue my diary to help these people who probably have psychological issues get taller. This is getting creepy by the minute. Every search I done for "ideal male height" says 6 feet. Then we have creepy users who say, no no, that's not ideal, but if that's not ideal then what is ideal and What is YOUR SOURCE? All this thing about affordable surgery in Russia and China is not helpful and I do not wish to contribute anymore, until I get an apology.

Uppland

Couldn't you use a little more space in between your paragraphs ITsMyLife? Ive yet to fill up my daily quota of pointless scrolling.

Edit: An apology for what, disagreement? I know Singapore isn't exactly the paragon of democratic debate but in this forum people have different opinions sometimes, you either deal with it -or you don't.

ItsMyLife

Couldn't you use a little more space in between your paragraphs ITsMyLife? Ive yet to fill up my daily quota of pointless scrolling.

Edit: An apology for what, disagreement? I know Singapore isn't exactly the paragon of democratic debate but in this forum people have different opinions sometimes, you either deal with it -or you don't.

But, I am closer to the truth than the other guy. Okay maybe not apology, but at least show me the data that goes THE OTHER WAY :) I feel that this is a pointless debate, because, his mind is already fixed: he is already fixated on the idea that, ah, I want 188 m, and that is ideal. The point is, that is NOT ideal in terms of what women think (every single source says that). It may be the ideal height for him to feel tall, but he has to ACKNOWLEDGE that the DATA says that six feet is the ideal, not taller :)

Anyway  or how, I am creeped out by how many people here apparently have mental issues and have stopped my diary:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.324

I sincerely thank you for validating my research, at least.

ItsMyLife

Anyway, what have you got to say about my replies?  ;)
I'm only here to finish this business. Once this business is up, I will leave this forum. This is a waste of time. I was reading about basketball shooting techniques and coming back here to post because I read absurd comments.
If I help (some members are probably, as was admitted) mentally unwell people, I think, I have not served my  purpose on this forum. I am just encouraging more insanity (going for LL surgery, and suffering so much, for no purpose. they have BDD- always thinking they are too short).So I close my diary.

ForcedPuberty

All this thing about affordable surgery in Russia and China is not helpful and I do not wish to contribute anymore, until I get an apology.

Okay maybe not apology, but at least show me the data that goes THE OTHER WAY

lol, glad to see that your penis has grown back now, the last thing we need is another Mangina  :)
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

"because FP's the hero LL Forum deserves, but not the one is needs right now. So we'll hunt him, because he can take it. because hes not the hero. He's a silent gardian, watchfull protector. The Dark Knight."

endomorphisme

if itsmylife was a politician, he would have been a dictator, who tries to impose his vision and force people to follow it.
Let's believe you're right.So what?There are many guys who still want to be 185 cm or more, all the studies/surveys won't change anything to the fact that many of us want to do ll to be atleast 183 cm.

ItsMyLife

if itsmylife was a politician, he would be a dictator, who tries to impose his vision and force people to follow it.
Let's believe you're right.So what?There are many guys who still want to be 185 cm or more, all the studies/surveys won't change anything to the fact that many of us want to do ll to be atleast 183 cm.

I want to be 185 cm or more. Professor Bagirov says I can safely do another 4 cm on my femurs for the perfect proportions (tibia vs femurs). (then I will be 187 cm at a cheap 6500 euros which I can afford, and probably 5-6 months) ... But I am limited by the DATA which shows that women do not like guys above six feet AS MUCH. (yes they still like 6'1, 6'2 etc but it is not preferable).

Furthermore, since I am bisexual, I might go back to guys (though I am happily with  a girl now). It appears that most straight/gay/bi guys I have asked, they say 183 is too tall.

With a guy-guy attraction, height is much more crucial cos' the guy can easily tell your height (eg, a 170 cm guy can tell that you are 178 cm vs 183 cm). So I don't wanna be too tall.

I am f-ing worried about this issue, and I have YET TO SEE DATA which goes the other way. I used to think taller is better, now I think, hey, maybe NOT.

ForcedPuberty

I know the answer to your question its my life.

its actually a good question............ but I cant really be fked answering it again.
Nope, 20cm is just nope.

ItsMyLife

I want to be 1.9 metre more than anyone here, trust me, I play basketball.
But I don't wanna be 1.9 metre and be shunned by guys and girls whom I like.
I am just trying to educate people here, that there is a CEILING EFFECT. This ceiling effect may be worse in Asia (Japan, Singapore, etc) but FOR SURE it is there.
Probably if you lengthen to Barrack Obama's height (185) or George Bush's height (182) it is fine, but HOW TALL is TOO TALL?
Even if I reach 1.9 and become a saint (ie, don't care about what guys and girls think about me), it might be difficult for me to find a job even (see the thread, on whom you will hire. nobody voted "very tall guy")
Yes I want to be tall, yes I have the time, patience and money to do so (as we speak, as I am lengthening, I can earn 5000/month). BUT I HAVE TO FACE the COMPLICATIONS, ie, girls will think, hey you're too tall.

ItsMyLife

Luckily my clinic has a height ceiling. Else, people like endomorphisme will go there for cheap Russian surgery. Even if they remove the height ceiling (1.70), it is so painful at that clinic cause the doctors don't like to give painkillers, and I have suffered so many infections, and even have a bent left leg now because my frame collapsed.
Anyway, @FP, what question?? And no, I am still a boy (though I am 25, people think I am 18-19)
The fact that I date guys as well, is a very tricky business..... Trust me, guys are so anal about your looks. ONE SLIGHT imperfection, its a good game. I really don't wanna end up as a giant here and be shunned. Girls are more forgiving, I am sure they can accept you if you are 190 cm and a nice person. I am sure it is not thaaaaaat a turn-off to be 190 cm. It might lead them to think, Hey this guy is kinda too tall for Singapore, but hey, they wont reject you cos of your height. But trust me, guys (bi and gays) are f-ing superficial. You need to be handsome, and even if you are handsome you must be "their type"

endomorphisme

you will just never recover, even at 8 cm you won't recover your pre athletic abilities.
That's why i'am just aiming for 4 cm, because i want to reduce risks, and i know i will lose athletic abilities too.

ItsMyLife

you will just never recover, even at 8 cm you won't recover your pre athletic abilities.
That's why i'am just aiming for 4 cm, because i want to reduce risks, and i know i will lose athletic abilities too.
'

which is why I might stop at 6 cm. even though both doctors insist that 8 cm is fine. I don't trust their superpowers. I am glad I managed to convince them to ignore the height ceiling and I think a height ceiling is there for a reason - to screen people who possibly have body dysmorphic disorder.

I don't wanna be too tall here in Singapore (by parity of reasoning with the surveys in western countries). I like guys. I like my girls. I cant do this. I will be above average in Singapore at 180, probably not feel tall, but at least, I have a good dating life. (and can still dunk a ball)

Uppland

But, I am closer to the truth than the other guy. Okay maybe not apology, but at least show me the data that goes THE OTHER WAY :) I feel that this is a pointless debate, because, his mind is already fixed: he is already fixated on the idea that, ah, I want 188 m, and that is ideal. The point is, that is NOT ideal in terms of what women think (every single source says that). It may be the ideal height for him to feel tall, but he has to ACKNOWLEDGE that the DATA says that six feet is the ideal, not taller :)

Anyway  or how, I am creeped out by how many people here apparently have mental issues and have stopped my diary:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1237.324

I sincerely thank you for validating my research, at least.

That's because it is pointless, sorry mate but I think you've got too much time on your hands.

Also, couldn't you tell my first post was sarcastic? I don't agree with you, I think you're wrong.

ItsMyLife

That's because it is pointless, sorry mate but I think you've got too much time on your hands.

Also, couldn't you tell my first post was sarcastic? I don't agree with you, I think you're wrong.

If you think I am wrong, what do you have to say to my replies (my counter-arguments)

ItsMyLife

in case you forgot, you forgot to rebut me. here is my post again:

Hi Uppland, thanks for your comments. Anyway, re: YouGov, it was an opinion survey which asked women.

I quote:
On average, women say a romantic partner 5’3” or shorter is generally too short for comfort, while a partner 6’3” or taller is too tall, and the “ideal” height for a man is 5’11”.  The survey also finds that for the average British man, a partner becomes too short at 4’11” and too tall at 6’. The ideal height for a woman, according to the average man, is 5’6”.

Notably, this excludes 10% of men who say there is no such thing as too short and 9% who say no height is too tall. Similarly, there is no "too short" for 4% of women and no "too tall" for 7%.

Re: Dailymail, I have read its articles and some articles were very well written. Either way, it is an opinion poll and this is what the ladies said.

Also, what do you have to say about the academic studies quoted at bodybuilding.com? Surely the academics can't be wrong as well? They asked women their ideal date, and it must have been a proper anthropologic evaluation.

So what do I say? We have opinion poll evidence from women and academic research (yes it was decades ago, but considering the data posted by endomorphisme, we see that the younger generation is at most 0.9 cm taller).

I am now very worried about the fact that when I reach 6 feet, it might be too tall for my country (as endomorphisme pointed out).

ItsMyLife

I have another point, that more users here voted for six feet as ideal compared to six feet one.
I have so many points, unrebutted, my God. :'(
I want to be tall and accepted. :-\

Uppland

If you think I am wrong, what do you have to say to my replies (my counter-arguments)

That none of us can provide any statistical proof of what exact height is the most attractive on average down to a single centimeter -because there are no such studie -because it's such a petty question.

Look, you're gonna be fine at 183CM. You'll be tall everywhere in Asia and at the very worst you'll be average in the netherlands. Don't worry about it and don't get so damn anal about your silly internet links. You don't actually think they prove anything do you?

ItsMyLife

That none of us can provide any statistical proof of what exact height is the most attractive on average down to a single centimeter -because there are no such studie -because it's such a petty question.

Look, you're gonna be fine at 183CM. You'll be tall everywhere in Asia and at the very worst you'll be average in the netherlands. Don't worry about it and don't get so damn anal about your silly internet links. You don't actually think they prove anything do you?
Because I asked my girl friends and guy friends, and they said 183 is too tall, which is why I stopped shy of 183. I might stop at 180 now, getting worried.

The anecdotal evidence from gay/bi guys and girl friends is confirmed by the evidence. Academic studies, and opinion polls on the internet.  I want to trust you and endomorphisme.

My dating life might take a hit, but at least I will feel tall. as I said, that is what I want. I want the counter-evidence as much as you want (I can lengthen to 188 cm or so)

ItsMyLife

thanks I am not gonna care what my dates think. Im sure it cant be that bad to be very close to "too tall"...... at least if this forum members have a clear mind of societal realities (I hope so)

in the face of pretty damning evidence, I am still reconsidering to do 1.80 (5 mm more) instead of 1.83. 1.8, I get more girls In my country and guys too(its good being bisexual)..and I get 100% athletic function. If I do 1.83 my dating.love life might take a  hit, and I might lose some athletic function (despite the doctors' insistence I wont)

endomorphisme

but you are already tall, in asia, so now stop seeking our compassion and acting like an attention w**** please.
Uppland, myself ( and many others) we live in europe, where the average height is much higher.I live in France, but in The north,uppland live in Sweden, after he compete ll, he will only be 4 cm above average ( correct me if i'm wrong uppland, but you still want to be 186 cm) and you are  7 cm above average, now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up