Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?  (Read 37279 times)

YourSpaceBoyfriend

Re: 5'7 and more who want ll do you know the reason of your complex?
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 12:16:34 AM »

Yourspaceboyfriend, attraction is the most important thing in dating and yes, a very good looking woman, unless she is dumb or have killer insticts, is what every man wants.
Not the only thing (apearance) but the most important, at least for me and the men I know.

Meh, even the hottest chick can easly lose in the eyes due to her character.

Unless you aim for the drunken whores at the clubs then well... STDs are just not my cup of tea.

Body Builder

« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2018, 12:21:12 AM »

Meh, even the hottest chick can easly lose in the eyes due to her character.

Unless you aim for the drunken whores at the clubs then well... STDs are just not my cup of tea.
You are not even an adult so your opinion about women means not much to an almost 30yo man like me who is enough experienced to know some things more about women than the average guy.
When you are at least 25 yo I'd take your opinion much more seriously. And I am sure that your opinion about what women want and not will be very different from now.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 02:06:43 AM by Body Builder »

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2018, 12:22:39 AM »

You are not even an adult so your opinion about women means not much to an almost 30yo man like me who is enough experienced to know some things more about women than the average guy.
And?

Doe im not surprised you have such opinions, with your way of thinkin its hard to find any type of woman except the one you are describing lol

Midwest

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2018, 02:56:49 AM »

If someone sxx requirements towards women end at only looking good then i feel sorry for you lmao

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm looking for more than looks.  In fact, I'm looking for the total package.  That includes looks but not exclusively so.  I believe that I am at a place that with sufficient work I can actually get 9/10 or 10/10 women who has everything else going on for themselves in addition to looks.

Mw1245

« Reply #66 on: January 23, 2018, 11:33:36 AM »

MoveUp

« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2018, 08:22:49 PM »

My complex is mostly psychological, self esteem based, and jealousy. I probably have a touch of BDD and the main reason I hate my height is that I think it's unfair that tall guys are happier and that girls love them and give them the Bambi eyes.
"Work with what you have,  improve on what you can,  accept what you can't change."

tallertree

« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 12:41:16 AM »

No Tibike.
At 1.68 is almost impossible to date hot women and while I had 2 really gorgeous gfs it happened because we were teens (the first I have her when I was not even 18 and the same her, for 3 years and the other one when I was 20 and she was 18 for 3 years again). If they were lets say 25yo they would never looked at an 1.68 man and even if they dud they would have been the veey rare minority.

At 1.74 (which I am most of the day) is still hard to be with a very good looking woman.
My current gf is about 6.5/10 and I like her but she can't match model looking girls I see everyday with tall men who most of the times have average looks (face and body) but they are just tall and with better than average style.

Anyway I've written all these before and my opinion is clear.
If it would have been easy to date the women I want at my height I wouldn't wanted another LL. But when many women are not attracted to me because I am not tall enough and moat of the good looking women I see everyday are with taller than average guys, things are obvious for me.
Hard to be with a very attractive women at 174cm? sorry but that sounds unlikely. At 174cm your height is pretty much irrelevant and facial features will be the most important. Do you really believe a 180cm average looking man has advantage over a 174cm good looking man?

Body Builder

« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2018, 01:31:44 AM »

Hard to be with a very attractive women at 174cm? sorry but that sounds unlikely. At 174cm your height is pretty much irrelevant and facial features will be the most important. Do you really believe a 180cm average looking man has advantage over a 174cm good looking man?
Of course I believe it.
1.74 is not enough for many women who can't look past that no matter how attractive face you have.
And for the other you must be really good looking to not be bothered with your height.
On the other hand, the vast majority of women are more than ok with an 1.80+ man with avwrage face and a good style.
After all the majority of men I see everyday with good looking women have average face at best but they are tall and have some nice clothes. As simple as that.

tallertree

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2018, 02:43:38 AM »

Of course I believe it.
1.74 is not enough for many women who can't look past that no matter how attractive face you have.
And for the other you must be really good looking to not be bothered with your height.
On the other hand, the vast majority of women are more than ok with an 1.80+ man with avwrage face and a good style.
After all the majority of men I see everyday with good looking women have average face at best but they are tall and have some nice clothes. As simple as that.
I live in one of the tallest countries in the world and with a height of 175cm and a good looking face - height is not the problem if you have trouble getting girls. I see ~175cm guys with hot girls everyday.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 02:59:31 AM »

If your having trouble getting girls at 175+ you really need to stop and think about what your doing wrong. Good looking guy at that age and with a good career, personality, style will not have any trouble with gorgeous woman! I was 165 good looking, style, personality, truck. Ofcourse getting the prettest girl in the room was a challenge if the girl was taller than me but there where plenty of other good looking girls my height or slighter taller than me that i had no problem with. Stop putting the problem on height. Yes height will make it easier but if you work a little harder you can still achieve great things. Im married now and my wife is gorgeous! Sheis 5’3 and with heels shes slightly taller than me. Im only doing this to improve my overall apearance and be slighly taller than her.  Trying to get to 180cm is rediculous. You dont need that much height
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

extremis

« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 05:21:07 AM »

Isn't this reversed? There are hordes of users here who are short(er) but look in the mirror and see this 6 feet guy. You are, of course, right about the points of a man who's 5'5 and sees that in the mirror. That's someone who wants to solve a problem. However, how can we not say that all the men here who look at themselves in the mirror and don't see their "true selves" isn't partially also BDD? Think of all the comments about what height we were meant to be, the height we actually "feel" like, etc.

I'm not saying a lot of people aren't just looking at a problem and wanting to solve it, but there's also BDD involved for a lot of people here (including myself) - specially all the guys on the taller side of things. The problems their height bring to themselves are more in their heads than anywhere else.

EDIT: Fixed typos.

No, there isn't. And no, it isn't "reversed". There aren't "hordes of users who are shorter but look in the mirror and see this 6 feet guy". You're playing with words.

When I made that comparison to a man who's 6'0"+, but looks in the mirror and sees a 5'2" guy, I was speaking from a literal point of view. "BDD" is a form of psychosis. Very often, it involves actual hallucinations - as in, your brain is actually parsing the information it is passed by the optic nerves in your eyes in a way that does not reflect reality.

What you're talking about - this statement

Think of all the comments about what height we were meant to be, the height we actually "feel" like, etc.

is not a case of hallucinogenic psychosis. When someone says "I should have been/was meant to be tall", or "I feel like I'm tall", what they're actually saying is "I deserve to be treated the way tall people are treated". It expresses a sense of

1) dissatisfaction with their current state of being
2) entitlement to a better state of being

not a disconnect from reality. The type of person you are describing doesn't have "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" any more than a poor man who says "I was meant to be rich" has "Financial Dysmorphic Disorder" or some loser average Joe who says "I feel like I should be getting mobbed by screaming fans like movie stars do" has "Social Status Dysmorphic Disorder".

Again, actual "body dysmorphic disorder", if and when it manifests itself, does so spontaneously and as a result of some kind of cerebral malfunction - not because a person was bullied, humiliated, disparaged, and otherwise discriminated against until they eventually developed a complex, self-hate issues, low self-esteem, etc, which is what happens to short people because of heightism, ugly people because of lookism, colored people because of racism, and so on.

If you're on this site or other height-increase sites because you got bullied, mocked, humiliated, or rejected by your family, peers, potential romantic partners, etc because of your stature, you DON'T have "body dysmorphic disorder".  The problem isn't "in their head". The problem is the way people treat them, and the reason people treat them that way is their height.

So if anything, the problem is PHYSICAL, not mental. That's why no amount of "therapy", antidepressants, or any other dumb copes will help once you've ended up on this site. There are only 2 possible genuine SOLUTIONS to the problem these people have

1) Radically change society literally overnight so that it worships short people the way it does tall people, or at least stops the profound, deep-seated discrimination and oppression of short people

2) Stop being short

Speaking realistically, 1) isn't going to happen. Heightism, lookism, and other -ism forms of discrimination aren't going anywhere in the lifetime of anyone posting on this board now (in my opinion they will never stop existing period, but that's beside the point). So that just leaves 2), and that's where this surgery comes in, and where other treatments for short stature should come in.

Heightism and lookism especially aren't going anywhere. Because both of these are largely MEN'S problems (which is not to say there are no women who are victims of heightism or lookism, only that it is rarer for their lives to be so blighted by these things that they end up on sites like this), outside of boards like this one, nobody is willing to even entertain that these forms of discrimination exist, let alone acknowledge their prevalence - hell, even on this very board they're downplayed by posters like you, who refuse to acknowledge the true scope of their influence in society and just how widespread and noxious they really are and repeatedly try to portray things as "not being so bad".

Nobody else is going to change. Things aren't going to "get better" on their own. Paying some patronizing clown who calls himself a "doctor" $120/hr to pretend to be your friend, spout platitudes at you, write you a prescription for prozac and send you on your merry way isn't going to make things better. Pulling the covers over your eyes and telling yourself it's not so bad isn't going to make things better. The only thing anyone here can do is change themselves PHYSICALLY so the discrimination stops and they can move on, or do whatever it is they want to do with their lives. Whether it's fair or not that they have to do so is irrelevant. That's reality.

Midwest

• Visitor
« Reply #73 on: January 25, 2018, 05:26:10 AM »

Trying to get to 180cm is rediculous. You dont need that much height

While being tall isn't absolutely necessary to get women, it can help (like many other things) so trying to get to 5'11"/180cm or taller is not ridiculous.  Becoming tall also has lots of other benefits outside of getting women.  That's why it's wrong to say that someone doesn't "need" that much height.

extremis

« Reply #74 on: January 25, 2018, 05:31:34 AM »

If your having trouble getting girls at 175+ you really need to stop and think about what your doing wrong. Good looking guy at that age and with a good career, personality, style will not have any trouble with gorgeous woman! I was 165 good looking, style, personality, truck. Ofcourse getting the prettest girl in the room was a challenge if the girl was taller than me but there where plenty of other good looking girls my height or slighter taller than me that i had no problem with. Stop putting the problem on height. Yes height will make it easier but if you work a little harder you can still achieve great things. Im married now and my wife is gorgeous! Sheis 5’3 and with heels shes slightly taller than me. Im only doing this to improve my overall apearance and be slighly taller than her.  Trying to get to 180cm is rediculous. You dont need that much height

"Stop 'putting the problem on height' [sic], but also I'm going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on leg lengthening surgery, because my 5'3" wife towers me in heels and that's a problem."

- You

Lmfao. Go back to r/short.

Zeo

« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2018, 05:53:12 AM »

No, there isn't. And no, it isn't "reversed". There aren't "hordes of users who are shorter but look in the mirror and see this 6 feet guy". You're playing with words.

When I made that comparison to a man who's 6'0"+, but looks in the mirror and sees a 5'2" guy, I was speaking from a literal point of view. "BDD" is a form of psychosis. Very often, it involves actual hallucinations - as in, your brain is actually parsing the information it is passed by the optic nerves in your eyes in a way that does not reflect reality.

What you're talking about - this statement

is not a case of hallucinogenic psychosis. When someone says "I should have been/was meant to be tall", or "I feel like I'm tall", what they're actually saying is "I deserve to be treated the way tall people are treated". It expresses a sense of

1) dissatisfaction with their current state of being
2) entitlement to a better state of being

not a disconnect from reality. The type of person you are describing doesn't have "Body Dysmorphic Disorder" any more than a poor man who says "I was meant to be rich" has "Financial Dysmorphic Disorder" or some loser average Joe who says "I feel like I should be getting mobbed by screaming fans like movie stars do" has "Social Status Dysmorphic Disorder".

Again, actual "body dysmorphic disorder", if and when it manifests itself, does so spontaneously and as a result of some kind of cerebral malfunction - not because a person was bullied, humiliated, disparaged, and otherwise discriminated against until they eventually developed a complex, self-hate issues, low self-esteem, etc, which is what happens to short people because of heightism, ugly people because of lookism, colored people because of racism, and so on.

If you're on this site or other height-increase sites because you got bullied, mocked, humiliated, or rejected by your family, peers, potential romantic partners, etc because of your stature, you DON'T have "body dysmorphic disorder".  The problem isn't "in their head". The problem is the way people treat them, and the reason people treat them that way is their height.

So if anything, the problem is PHYSICAL, not mental. That's why no amount of "therapy", antidepressants, or any other dumb copes will help once you've ended up on this site. There are only 2 possible genuine SOLUTIONS to the problem these people have

1) Radically change society literally overnight so that it worships short people the way it does tall people, or at least stops the profound, deep-seated discrimination and oppression of short people

2) Stop being short

Speaking realistically, 1) isn't going to happen. Heightism, lookism, and other -ism forms of discrimination aren't going anywhere in the lifetime of anyone posting on this board now (in my opinion they will never stop existing period, but that's beside the point). So that just leaves 2), and that's where this surgery comes in, and where other treatments for short stature should come in.

Heightism and lookism especially aren't going anywhere. Because both of these are largely MEN'S problems (which is not to say there are no women who are victims of heightism or lookism, only that it is rarer for their lives to be so blighted by these things that they end up on sites like this), outside of boards like this one, nobody is willing to even entertain that these forms of discrimination exist, let alone acknowledge their prevalence - hell, even on this very board they're downplayed by posters like you, who refuse to acknowledge the true scope of their influence in society and just how widespread and noxious they really are and repeatedly try to portray things as "not being so bad".

Nobody else is going to change. Things aren't going to "get better" on their own. Paying some patronizing clown who calls himself a "doctor" $120/hr to pretend to be your friend, spout platitudes at you, write you a prescription for prozac and send you on your merry way isn't going to make things better. Pulling the covers over your eyes and telling yourself it's not so bad isn't going to make things better. The only thing anyone here can do is change themselves PHYSICALLY so the discrimination stops and they can move on, or do whatever it is they want to do with their lives. Whether it's fair or not that they have to do so is irrelevant. That's reality.

Dam bro who hurt you?
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

extremis

« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2018, 06:14:55 AM »

Dam bro who hurt you?

Given that you're here on this site too, I'd say it's probably the same people who hurt you.

Zeo

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2018, 06:32:40 AM »

Given that you're here on this site too, I'd say it's probably the same people who hurt you.

I doubt I am as traumatized as you friend

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2018, 06:47:35 AM »

"Stop 'putting the problem on height' [sic], but also I'm going to spend tens of thousands of dollars on leg lengthening surgery, because my 5'3" wife towers me in heels and that's a problem."

- You

Lmfao. Go back to r/short.
I said dating and finding pretty woman has nothing to do with height you moron. The reason for me to do this surgery was for aesthitic reasons as clothes fit better if im a little taller and ill look better in comparison next to my wife. Simply saying if i was average height like all my male family 5’7 and up ( im the shortest at 5’5) then i wouldve never thought to do this surgery. Go get yourself a wack a mole to bash on homie instead of trying to bash on me.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Body Builder

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2018, 11:38:32 AM »

You need.
At 1.65 you were doomed. The thing that you found a good looking woman means nothing, even handicapped people could find someone to like them. What matters is how often that happens. And with 1.65 this is very rare.
I had 2 gorgeous gfs at 1.68 but for the vast majority of girls I was invisible. THAT matters for me, how most of women see me, not 10% or less.
At almost 1.75 many women are ok with my height (just ok) and about the other half are not. That is unacceptable for me and makes my dating life much harder than it should taking in mind that I have a nice face, a great age for a man, muscles and a more than average income.
If I were tall I swear that I could have waay too many girls to choose from while now I have successes but just a little more than the average man, nothing more.

So being above average height is really important for a man. If you are less than that things become harder and if you are less than even 5.7-8 things are almost imoossible.
Thats the reality for me and most men I know that they are short.

tallertree

« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2018, 02:31:42 PM »

You need.
At 1.65 you were doomed. The thing that you found a good looking woman means nothing, even handicapped people could find someone to like them. What matters is how often that happens. And with 1.65 this is very rare.
I had 2 gorgeous gfs at 1.68 but for the vast majority of girls I was invisible. THAT matters for me, how most of women see me, not 10% or less.
At almost 1.75 many women are ok with my height (just ok) and about the other half are not. That is unacceptable for me and makes my dating life much harder than it should taking in mind that I have a nice face, a great age for a man, muscles and a more than average income.
If I were tall I swear that I could have waay too many girls to choose from while now I have successes but just a little more than the average man, nothing more.

So being above average height is really important for a man. If you are less than that things become harder and if you are less than even 5.7-8 things are almost imoossible.
Fair enough, but that doesn't really sound like a problem. Basically if relating to money, you want to become a millionaire just because you can. Most people life a perfectly happy life with medium wealth.

But i understand you still, its very tempting.

Zeo

« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2018, 03:07:03 PM »

You need.
 I have a nice face, a great age for a man, muscles and a more than average income.

I'm sure you do, but you also have a huuuge need to be validated by random girls.

You know girls can sense insecurity like a bloodhound, and no offense you probably reek of it (as far as your height is concerned). You literally care soooo much about what girls think of you that I can guarantee that they can feel your intense need for female validation when you interact with them (or when you don't interact for fear of being rejected due to your height).

You would be naive to think this didn't play a HUGE part in % of females that "reject" you, but i guess its easier to blame it on something out of your control like height.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2018, 04:26:06 PM »

You need.

Ive never had a problem finding good looking girls. I was 15 going into clubs with fake id just having a good time and ended up hooking up with plenty of girls way older than me and were hot as  . Seriously most people complaining bout not getting girls need to work on their social skills. Stop being in denial. Good looks money and “muscles” is not your ticket to getting sexy woman. Its how you approach them. Here ill leave this here for you might learn a thing or two.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2018, 04:28:17 PM »

I'm sure you do, but you also have a huuuge need to be validated by random girls.

You know girls can sense insecurity like a bloodhound, and no offense you probably reek of it (as far as your height is concerned). You literally care soooo much about what girls think of you that I can guarantee that they can feel your intense need for female validation when you interact with them (or when you don't interact for fear of being rejected due to your height).

You would be naive to think this didn't play a HUGE part in % of females that "reject" you, but i guess its easier to blame it on something out of your control like height.
Couldnt of said it better

myloginacct

« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2018, 04:28:56 PM »

extremis' post

I did mention the taller individuals on this board, though. How do you explain someone who, at 180cm+, is willing to spend thousands of dollars on this barbaric surgery, which will cause them to have permanent pain and problems to do things as simple as going downstairs, if not with some form of a psychological problem in how they see themselves? I'm not a psychiatrist, so I can't dispute whether actual BDD only manifests itself as a form of literal psychosis; I'd need to look that up. However, it's clearly psychological or partially psychological for the people at good heights.

And it's not my intention to downplay the reality of the issues here. I try to provide other viewpoints because the negativity on these forums will only intensify the real problems short men already have to go through, in real life and in their heads, and some here are suicidal or feel suicidal because of their height. It's also a forum, so feel free to keep arguing against my points, if so inclined.

jexus

« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2018, 08:03:50 PM »

These are all bull .

I fked tons of 10/10 at 168.

I fked a 178 girl at 168.

Height is important but not that much unless you are dwarf or something.

Nothing will change at 175 if you can not pick up anyone at 170.

Do ll to look better not for getting taller.

Taller is not always better.

A 175 with good proportions will look much better than a 180 with bad proportions.

I look way better than Apotheosis.

Do your ll if you are under 170 if you want then live happy until you die.

There will always be people much taller than you.

Do not find excuses.

1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

extremis

« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2018, 08:59:17 PM »

I said dating and finding pretty woman has nothing to do with height you moron. The reason for me to do this surgery was for aesthitic reasons as clothes fit better if im a little taller and ill look better in comparison next to my wife. Simply saying if i was average height like all my male family 5’7 and up ( im the shortest at 5’5) then i wouldve never thought to do this surgery. Go get yourself a wack a mole to bash on homie instead of trying to bash on me.

In other words, you're insecure and have a problem with your height... all the while you're telling others to "stop putting the problem on height". Which is what I was pointing out with my response to you in the first place, but I guess the obvious sarcasm in my post flew clear over your head.

Ive never had a problem finding good looking girls. I was 15 going into clubs with fake id just having a good time and ended up hooking up with plenty of girls way older than me and were hot as  . Seriously most people complaining bout not getting girls need to work on their social skills. Stop being in denial. Good looks money and “muscles” is not your ticket to getting sxxy woman. Its how you approach them. Here ill leave this here for you might learn a thing or two.

LMAO. This old song and dance again. "It's not your looks or your height or your money, it's your PERSONALITY :))))".

Just LOL @ linking any YouTube video of "picking up" girls. EVERY SINGLE ONE of these videos is either staged/scripted or cherrypicks the cases where girls actually agree to "date" or do whatever with the man in the video due to being put on the spot, trying to virtue signal in front of the camera, etc. The men in these videos don't take these women home, they don't date them, they don't do ANYTHING with them once the video is over, because the whole point of the video is to be clickbait for gullible people like you, and potentially (in the case of "pickup artists") take their money in exchange for admission to a "bootcamp" where they can learn to "attract" women just like the guy in the video (which obviously doesn't work).

Here, I'll leave this for you:

Maybe YOU might learn a thing or two. There is no "game". "Personality" does not attract women. Attraction is physical. Scientific studies have demonstrated this.

Another idiotic, pathetic, delusional humanist myth. Women do not have some magical "insecurity radar" that detects when someone has low self-esteem.
Even if they did, they would never need to use it, because the reason you aren't able to attract most women as a short man has nothing to do with your personality and everything to do with the fact that they have to tilt their heads down 45 degrees to look you in the eye when they wear heels.

Notice I said most women, not all women. Yes, as some posters on here love to harp on, even as a short man you can still find a few women here and there who will be willing to settle for you if you have a lot of money, are socially well-connected/influential, etc. The fact that a woman is willing to date you doesn't mean a woman is physically attracted to you. It means she's willing to date you. A woman dating or expressing interest in dating a 5'3" famous or rich man doesn't prove that she's attracted to short men. It proves she's attracted to money and status, and is willing to overlook a man being short if he has those things. The video I linked above explains this in depth. It's part of a series.

I did mention the taller individuals on this board, though. How do you explain someone who, at 180cm+, is willing to spend thousands of dollars on this barbaric surgery, which will cause them to have permanent pain and problems to do things as simple as going downstairs, if not with some form of a psychological problem in how they see themselves? I'm not a psychiatrist, so I can't dispute whether actual BDD only manifests itself as a form of literal psychosis; I'd need to look that up. However, it's clearly psychological or partially psychological for the people at good heights.

How do you explain a person in middle management who works 50 hours a week taking on 70+ hours a week of work, massive amounts of stress, compromising their free time and schedules, raising their risk of dying from heart attacks, to get to an executive position?

How do you explain bodybuilders who already have incredible physiques compared to an average person using androgenic anabolic steroids, rHGH, and other compounds, risking HPT axis shutdown, cardiac problems, cancer, etc?

How do you explain models, who are already significantly better than the average person, getting plastic surgery and using pounds of chemical beauty products (both of which have serious risks) to look younger and more attractive?

People are competitive. Some more than others. It would be hard to find someone that does not like the feeling of being "better" than other people in one or more ways. It's not a "psychological illness".

Some people want to be [X] than everyone else they know and are willing to make sacrifices to get there.

Where X can be replaced by "richer", "better looking", "more muscular", "smarter".... "taller".

Some people aren't okay with being "good enough" - they want to be "the best". You don't have the right to say that's a "psychological illness", nor does your saying that make it one, because it isn't one. The only reason you are "put off" by the idea or feel like it's a "mental illness" is because of the big bad boogeyman word: "surgery"

When it comes to self-improvement, people are okay with someone making sacrifices to become rich or doing all sorts of dumb superstitious "spiritual" bullsh*t like going on a retreat to some buddhist monastery in the middle of nowhere where they proceed to starve themselves and live in 3rd world scarcity conditions doing nothing but meditating all day long, but as soon as people hear the term "surgery", then all of a sudden it's a big problem and you need therapy, antidepressants, and all other sorts of bullsh*t copes. It's nothing but idiotic virtue signalling and it needs to stop.

And it's not my intention to downplay the reality of the issues here. I try to provide other viewpoints because the negativity on these forums will only intensify the real problems short men already have to go through, in real life and in their heads, and some here are suicidal or feel suicidal because of their height. It's also a forum, so feel free to keep arguing against my points, if so inclined.

Speaking realistically about the issues short men go through without sugarcoating or coping or cult-like positivity delusions isn't going to "intensify" the problems.

On the contrary, sugarcoating and trying to turn the forum into a circlejerk group therapy forum takes the focus off the forum's actual purpose, which is to discuss methods to LENGTHEN LIMBS (hence the name LIMB LENGTHENING forum). Right now the only reliable method we have is distraction osteogenesis, but this could change in the foreseeable future. I've been researching height increase for years, and I'm confident given many recent advancements in technology, as well as the breakthroughs made by Doctors such as Eben Alsberg and Alexander Teplyashin, that we could realistically see a MUCH better, less invasible, non-crippling solution for limb lengthening within the next 10 years if these people get the support and funding they need.

Again I stress this point, because it's the central reason why I'm always at odds with you (and others who post things like what you do): this isn't a group therapy forum. The focus isn't (and shouldn't be) on circlejerking and coping mechanisms. It should be on finding ways to stop being short. Heightism isn't going to go away no matter how much therapy you get or how many antidepressants/antipsychotics you dope yourself with.

Even if we consider the actual psychological illnesses (depression, suicidal ideation) many short men exhibit, if people are depressed and suicidal because of their height, it's because of the NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES they've had with other people DUE to their height. The solution isn't therapy, pills, coping mechanisms, or dumb "not so bad"-isms. You don't treat an illness by treating the symptoms. You treat the CAUSE of the disease. In this case, the cause is being short. Solve that and the problem will go away.

If not, then I'll repeat the rhetorical question I've asked so many times on this forum: why does no one suggest """therapy""" and pills for transsexuals?

Why is it "body dysmorphic disorder" when a short person wants to increase their height, even if it is at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars and undergoing a barbaric surgery, but when a transsexual wants to do the same thing, it's perfectly okay and their desires should be supported and accepted, not to mention their procedures and hormone therapies funded at taxpayers' expense?

I'll repeat the answer, too: there is no fundamental difference between wanting surgery to increase your height as a short person and wanting to """change your gender""" (which isn't scientifically possible with present technology) as a transsexual except for the fact that due to social justice warrior propaganda, one of them (transsexualism) is acceptable, while the other (limb lengthening) is NOT.

If transsexuals aren't mentally ill, depressed/suicidal short people who want to be taller are not mentally ill either.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:22:20 PM by extremis »

jexus

« Reply #87 on: January 25, 2018, 10:10:23 PM »

There is no "game". "Personality" does not attract women. Attraction is physical. Scientific studies have demonstrated this.

"Personality" does not attract women this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

extremis

« Reply #88 on: January 25, 2018, 11:38:49 PM »

These are all bull .

I fked tons of 10/10 at 168.

No, you "fked" tons of women you thought were 10/10. Unless you were "fking" actual supermodels (as in, career runway models), you weren't anywhere NEAR the "10/10" range.

I fked a 178 girl at 168.

I don't know why you would consider this impressive or feel the need to point this out. I'm starting to think there may be truth to the meme that short men view having sxx with tall women as some kind of "achievement", as if it's a challenge.

News flash: A woman who's 178 cm tall is within the upper 1st percentile of female height, which is NOT a good thing in the least in terms of her sxxual attractiveness to the overwhelming majority of men.

Tall women are VERY often insecure about their height just like short men are, though not to the same extent due to the massive amount of validation women get from men and the ease with which they can secure a sxxual partner despite any physical flaw they have (just boot up Tinder or some other dating app).

The point is, having sxx with a tall woman as a short man isn't impressive. Both parties are undesirable to the majority of the opposite sxx. You're not "proving" anything by saying you had sxx with a tall woman. If you approached her, you are probably the first man to do so in a LONG time. Most men wouldn't want anything to do with a woman who would tower them in the 3-4 inch heels women wear on nights out.

"Personality" does not attract women this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

http://www.psypost.org/2017/03/personality-traits-no-influence-initial-romantic-attraction-study-finds-48362

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/per.2087/abstract

Abstract
We evaluated five competing hypotheses about what predicts romantic interest. Through a half-block quasi-experimental design, a large sample of young adults (i.e. responders; n = 335) viewed videos of opposite-sxx persons (i.e. targets) talking about themselves, and responders rated the targets' traits and their romantic interest in the target. We tested whether similarity, dissimilarity or overall trait levels on mate value, physical attractiveness, life history strategy and the Big Five personality factors predicted romantic interest at zero acquaintance and whether sxx acted as a moderator. We tested the responders' individual perception of the targets' traits, in addition to the targets' own self-reported trait levels and a consensus rating of the targets made by the responders. We used polynomial regression with response surface analysis within multilevel modelling to test support for each of the hypotheses. Results suggest a large sxx difference in trait perception; when women rated men, they agreed in their perception more often than when men rated women. However, as a predictor of romantic interest, there were no sxx differences. Only the responders' perception of the targets' physical attractiveness predicted romantic interest; specifically, responders' who rated the targets' physical attractiveness as higher than themselves reported more romantic interest. Copyright © 2017 European Association of

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s40806-017-0092-x

Abstract
Prior research investigating the mate preferences of women and their parents reveals two important findings with regard to physical attractiveness. First, daughters more strongly value mate characteristics connoting genetic quality (such as physical attractiveness) than their parents. Second, both daughters and their parents report valuing characteristics other than physical attractiveness most strongly (e.g., ambition/industriousness, friendliness/kindness). However, the prior research relies solely on self-report to assess daughters’ and parents’ preferences. We assessed mate preferences among 61 daughter-mother pairs using an experimental design varying target men’s physical attractiveness and trait profiles. We tested four hypotheses investigating whether a minimum level of physical attractiveness was a necessity to both women and their mothers and whether physical attractiveness was a more important determinant of dating desirability than trait profiles. These hypotheses were supported. Women and their mothers were strongly influenced by the physical attractiveness of the target men and preferred the attractive and moderately attractive targets. Men with the most desirable personality profiles were rated more favorably than their counterparts only when they were at least moderately attractive.[/u][/b] Unattractive men were never rated as more desirable partners for daughters, even when they possessed the most desirable trait profiles. We conclude that a minimum level of physical attractiveness is a necessity for both women and their mothers and that when women and their parents state that other traits are more important than physical attractiveness, they assume potential mates meet a minimally acceptable standard of physical attractiveness.

Please present your peer-reviewed behavioral analysis studies demonstrating the importance of """personality""" in attracting women?

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #89 on: January 25, 2018, 11:47:17 PM »

In other words, you're insecure and have a problem with your height... all the while you're telling others to "stop putting the problem on height". Which is what I was pointing out with my response to you in the first place, but I guess the obvious sarcasm in my post flew clear over your head.
[/quote]

No im saying stop blaming your height for not bein able to pick up girls. Being taller will not magically have woman on there knees begging to suck your dck. If your wack at 170 youll be wack at 180. Being taller will not solve your daying problems becaeuse at the end of the day yes girls might not reject you for your height but once you start a conversation or try and dance with them lets say at a club and they realize your lame asf and cant even dance they will walk away and go with the shorter guy who is out there killing it on the dance floor and just having a good time instead of worrying about his height and woman turning him down. Sorry if your butthurt and to you this doesnt make sense buddy but i actually had a good dating life at 165. Not just talking about 5-10 woman. More like 35+ Probly more fine ass woman that youll ever have at a 180+ height.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #90 on: January 26, 2018, 12:00:09 AM »

Extremis may i ask why you are on this forum? Are you trying to justify the fact for you wanting LL but your getting butthurt since your probly already 5’7 or taller and are indenial and just cant believe that its not you the reason for not being able to date good looking woman but bacause of your “height” .  There seems to be no other reason or could you elaborate us a little about your self.  Height , weight, age. Are you even planning on LL or why are you on this forum?

extremis

« Reply #91 on: January 26, 2018, 12:19:15 AM »

No im saying stop blaming your height for not bein able to pick up girls. Being taller will not magically have woman on there knees begging to suck your dck. If your wack at 170 youll be wack at 180. Being taller will not solve your daying problems becaeuse at the end of the day yes girls might not reject you for your height but once you start a conversation or try and dance with them lets say at a club and they realize your lame asf and cant even dance they will walk away and go with the shorter guy who is out there killing it on the dance floor and just having a good time instead of worrying about his height and woman turning him down.

Lmfao

This reads like something a delusional teenager who understands nothing whatsoever about attraction would say. It's surreal to see something so dumb being said unironically. It's like something off a Facebook status.

Sorry if your butthurt and to you this doesnt make sense buddy but i actually had a good dating life at 165. Not just talking about 5-10 woman. More like 35+ Probly more fine ass woman that youll ever have at a 180+ height.

Wow, 35 women?! Amazing! You're a complete slayer.

So what are you doing on this forum?

Oh, right. Your 5'3" wife towers you in heels and you're insecure about it.

Whoops. Guess not even sex with "35+ fine ass woman" [sic] makes you immune to height neurosis, huh?

Extremis may i ask why you are on this forum? Are you trying to justify the fact for you wanting LL but your getting butthurt since your probly already 5’7 or taller and are indenial and just cant believe that its not you the reason for not being able to date good looking woman but bacause of your “height” .  There seems to be no other reason or could you elaborate us a little about your self.  Height , weight, age. Are you even planning on LL or why are you on this forum?

I'm here because I want to be here. This is a forum for limb lengthening, and I believe it could grow into a large community of short people who want to be taller and are willing to come together as a group so we can support research for new, safer procedures for height increase that don't involve barbaric, athletically crippling distraction osteogenesis. I don't believe we are "50+ years away" from such procedures as Body Builder and some other posters have mentioned in the past, especially given the recent advances in induced pluripotent stem cell production, 3-D bioidentical bone implants, etc.

Even if I didn't have any reason to be here, I don't need your permission to be on this forum, or to be anywhere at all. You're not a mod here, so you don't have the right to tell me otherwise.

I'm not already 5'7", nor do the unsubstantiated claims of a borderline illiterate like you make me "butthurt".

myloginacct

« Reply #92 on: January 26, 2018, 12:28:25 AM »

How do you explain a person in middle management who works 50 hours a week taking on 70+ hours a week of work, massive amounts of stress, compromising their free time and schedules, raising their risk of dying from heart attacks, to get to an executive position?

How do you explain bodybuilders who already have incredible physiques compared to an average person using androgenic anabolic steroids, rHGH, and other compounds, risking HPT axis shutdown, cardiac problems, cancer, etc?

How do you explain models, who are already significantly better than the average person, getting plastic surgery and using pounds of chemical beauty products (both of which have serious risks) to look younger and more attractive?

People are competitive. Some more than others. It would be hard to find someone that does not like the feeling of being "better" than other people in one or more ways. It's not a "psychological illness".

Some people want to be [X] than everyone else they know and are willing to make sacrifices to get there.

Where X can be replaced by "richer", "better looking", "more muscular", "smarter".... "taller".

Some people aren't okay with being "good enough" - they want to be "the best". You don't have the right to say that's a "psychological illness", nor does your saying that make it one, because it isn't one. The only reason you are "put off" by the idea or feel like it's a "mental illness" is because of the big bad boogeyman word: "surgery"

It didn't say it was a psychological illness. I said it was a psychological problem, as it brings them distress. They're distressed for not being a certain height, despite not suffering any discrimination in their daily or dating lives. That's why I characterized it as psychological and a problem.

Also, there are definitely diminishing returns to things like building muscle and being tall. At some point, you're just not netting any social gains by adding more of it - you might even go into the negatives for something like bodybuilding, as deep appreciation for the top BBers is generally limited to that niche; the majority of women don't find guys who are too huge to be more attractive.

On the contrary, sugarcoating and trying to turn the forum into a circlejerk group therapy forum takes the focus off the forum's actual purpose, which is to discuss methods to LENGTHEN LIMBS (hence the name LIMB LENGTHENING forum). Right now the only reliable method we have is distraction osteogenesis, but this could change in the foreseeable future. I've been researching height increase for years, and I'm confident given many recent advancements in technology, as well as the breakthroughs made by Doctors such as Eben Alsberg and Alexander Teplyashin, that we could realistically see a MUCH better, less invasible, non-crippling solution for limb lengthening within the next 10 years if these people get the support and funding they need.

Again I stress this point, because it's the central reason why I'm always at odds with you (and others who post things like what you do): this isn't a group therapy forum. The focus isn't (and shouldn't be) on circlejerking and coping mechanisms. It should be on finding ways to stop being short. Heightism isn't going to go away no matter how much therapy you get or how many antidepressants/antipsychotics you dope yourself with.

I understand where you are coming from because I hate this in other online forums. However, these forums have an off-topic section and I tend to limit my posts like that to this section. Also, regarding possible alternatives to CLL, you should help promote these ideas if you think they merit funding. I had never heard of these two names before reading your post today.

Additionally, please try to understand the other side. Posting all the scientific research that shows how much it sucks being short can be just seen as circlejerking on how much it sucks being short, on a forum where everyone is fully aware of that. I do believe I have illustrated in the past viable, alternative ways for men of shorter stature to find partners (not supermodels) and whatnot. I don't see it as virtue signaling / coping delusions but as just showing it's not all hopeless. Some here are a decade or more away from really doing a surgery like this, and it's not impossible to live without it.

Even if we consider the actual psychological illnesses (depression, suicidal ideation) many short men exhibit, if people are depressed and suicidal because of their height, it's because of the NEGATIVE EXPERIENCES they've had with other people DUE to their height. The solution isn't therapy, pills, coping mechanisms, or dumb "not so bad"-isms. You don't treat an illness by treating the symptoms. You treat the CAUSE of the disease. In this case, the cause is being short. Solve that and the problem will go away.

If not, then I'll repeat the rhetorical question I've asked so many times on this forum: why does no one suggest """therapy""" and pills for transsxxuals?

Why is it "body dysmorphic disorder" when a short person wants to increase their height, even if it is at the cost of tens of thousands of dollars and undergoing a barbaric surgery, but when a transsxxual wants to do the same thing, it's perfectly okay and their desires should be supported and accepted, not to mention their procedures and hormone therapies funded at taxpayers' expense?

I'll repeat the answer, too: there is no fundamental difference between wanting surgery to increase your height as a short person and wanting to """change your gender""" (which isn't scientifically possible with present technology) as a transsxxual except for the fact that due to social justice warrior propaganda, one of them (transsxxualism) is acceptable, while the other (limb lengthening) is NOT.

If transsxxuals aren't mentally ill, depressed/suicidal short people who want to be taller are not mentally ill either.

I agree with your points about this and I do believe any methods of increasing height for short stature in adulthood should be accepted and ideally covered by public healthcare / insurance in a perfect, future world. Height discrimination (i.e. heightism) and height dysphoria are real. As long as it is all done seriously and "treatment" isn't handed out like candy, with checks for height percentiles and whatnot, things would be fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up