Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON Tibial 8cm in Vietnam  (Read 60665 times)

Asiann123

LON Tibial 8cm in Vietnam
« on: August 09, 2016, 01:38:06 AM »

Hi,
I came from Viet Nam (Ho chi minh city) and I'm having leg lenthening here. My starting height was 1m54 and my sister's height was 1m47.
I'm 18 years old and she's 20.
We started our journey 3 months ago and its been a while now. We've faced many problems but so far so good.
I was a very short men. In my country people are short so all i need is 1m7 so be consider "normal". My ended height is expected to be 1m62 and then i'll wear lift shoes for the rest or until I have enough money to do a second operation.

So to begin with, we are very young and money is a big problem for both of us.
My sister heard about legs lengthening 4 years ago when she was looking throught the news. She told me she wanted to do it and my reaction was "You are eight dumb or crazy". Few years later, when I'm done with growing and relized that i'm gonna be a short men forever i started to have a second thoughts. I started to collect information about this on the internet and turned out it is not so bad. I wanted to do legs lengthening. At first I wanted to wait until I have enough money to go with the betzbone or do it with Pailey or Guichet because I believe they are the best in the world and since this surgery is very dangerous I didnt want to risk my legs.
However, life is not always as we want it to be. I got rejected by almost every single girl because of my height. Their answer are all the same "I wish you are taller than me, then we can surely be together because i dont want to date anyone who is shoter than me" i've never felt so useless...
So when I have a break between uni and highschool I decided i will take one year off and do leg lengthening.
I started to make plan about my surgery. Since my parents are not allow us to do this (we tried to beg them for the money before but they got scared by the the thoughts that we would paralyzed our legs and lose it forever so they thing we better be short )

We decided to take the school tuition fee for uni to to go for it (10k/person)
10k/person isn't enough to travel oversea even with the cheapest doctor but that's all we have. I started to have a crazy thoughts about doing it right here in Vietnam. Now it's my sister turn to told me "You are either dumb or crazy"
But then I found her proofs that it is also safe to do this in Vietnam. We'll have enough money for it and our doctors are not butcher anyways. It was a back and forth fight for about 6 months. Then I finally cannot wait for her anymore. I told her I'll go and do it anyway because I believe in myself and I believed the doctors here are as good as the doctors overseas. (Honestly the information about leg lengthening in Vietnam impressed me a lot.  They've been doing this since 2000 and the complications percentage is very low. But at first they only do it for people who have one leg shorter than other leg until 3-> 4 years ago one men came and begged them to do it for cosmetic reason)
My sister came with me eventually. We traveled to the North of Vietnam (Hanoi) because we thought the best doctors for legs lengthening were there. But we got disappointed soon. The hospital was very crowded and the doctors were so so busy that they can't even stop to talk to us for one minute.  We understand, that is a very normal thing to see in Vietnam but we lost our patients at one week of waiting. Everyday on that week we went to to the hospital and sat in front of the doctors office to wait for him from 6 am to 5pm. We gave up because we were running out of money (which unfortunatly we didn't have a lot) and we assumed that if they are that busy then how can they gonna taking good care of us if we do leg lengthening there.
 We went back to Ho Chi Minh city and found out there are another 2 doctor just as good. We came to the first doctor's private office to talk about leg lengthening his name is Huynh ba linh. The price he offered was too expensive. 10k surgery fee for LON. We can't afford it because we have to pay the rent and food on our own which is crazily expensive. Our last hope is doctor Dinh van thuy.
We came to his private office by our last hope because he seems to be the cheapest. His price was 5k LON tibal sugery fee for 1 person. We cant describe how happy we were. We decided to do it with him.
About him.
He's been doing leg lengthening for almost 20 years. He's the orthopedic dean of the hospital.
He had about 200 legs lengthening patients with almost zero complicatiom rate.

First we make a transition for the frame. He measured our legs and have somthing like bespoke frame for each of us.

Tibial LON amout of lengthening is 7cm for both of us. But i'm thinking if we lengthen til 7cm and feel no pain i will begged him for 1 more cm because my goal is 8cm.

We came to the hospital 2 weeks later for total check.

My sister had the operation first. And then my turn came.

(I'll leave it here because i'm so sleepy right now. I'll get back to the topic tmr)

onemorefoot

Re: LON Tibial 8cm in Vietnam
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 03:08:09 AM »

8 cm is too much for tibias, do 5 or 6 but not 8, please.
Budget will determine my future.

LLCaptain

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2016, 04:04:52 AM »

He had about 200 legs lengthening patients with almost zero complicatiom rate.

What a doctor considers a "complication" is in this huge gray area. I'm sure the majority of his patients aren't cosmetic and they don't do bilateral tibias up to 8cm. Most major complications can be fixed with additional surgery, however.

You seem to have read much of the forum and came in prepared, so hope you're able to achieve your goals. Cheers

Asiann123

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 09:33:21 AM »

Well he told me the maximum amount I can lengthening is 7cm but it's also depends on my body. Thank you for the recommendation I'll see how it goes on my body if it's too much then i'm gonna stop sooner.

Asiann123

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2016, 10:02:08 AM »

Hi LLCAPTAIN,
His complications on legs lengthening including:
Infection
Non-union
Nerve and blood vessels damage
Premature consolidation.

The infection one is really easy to prevent or to treat if it does happen by keeping the pin site nice and clean.

Non-union: once every two week he injects me with some drugs  for bone healing and chondrosis. Also on a daily basic I have to take about 6 supplements twice a day:
Glucosamine 500mg
Vitamin C 500mg
Calcitriol 0.25 US
VG-5
Magnesi-B6
Calcium 500mg + vitamin D3 200 IU

Nerve and blood vessels damage: He keep me at the 0.67mm/ day rate.

Premature complications: X-rays every two week so he can adjust the lengthening rate base on my body's healing ability.

He said the maximum lengthening amount I can achieve without complications is 7cm and it will start to tax on my body from 5cm and beyond but let see how it goes.
8cm is just my idea because my thirst for height is real lol but maybe I'll follow his instructions.
As for the patients. His cosmetic patients are around 50. But it really hard to have their information because after they are done with this they just disappear. I've already met his 3 others patient. The rest either refused to meet or totally cut the connection with him because they don't want anyone to identify them and get to know about their secret.
Two did L.O.N
One did the original method.
They are all walking perfectly fine and their mobility was normal ( Around 90% before legs lengthening)
They did 7cm.
He's not really well-known as the doctors in India because English is not our second's language. We barely speak English here in Vietnam and he's already too busy to advertise himself globally on the internet.

Thank you for your cheering. 😊😊😊

hamilton

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2016, 12:49:52 PM »

Dear Asiann123:

Which kind of nail do your dr. use for LON Tibias ? (Paley or Betz ? or ?)

and does your dr. has his website ?

thank you! 

Asiann123

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2016, 01:24:39 PM »

So I've lengthening my legs by 3cm so far.

The pain is minimal. I barely feel it. But when i do I know i forget to take supplements. If i take my pills on time and excercise my legs every days I won't feel anything.
Ok so flash back now.
The surgery day = 1st day.

I woke up in the recovery room. My legs are heavy but i can move them up and down easily. I tried to do it couple of times and then a nurse come to told me not to move my legs so much because I may hurt the new cuts and it cause bleeding. So i just lied there quietly. The pain was not so bad. The nurse told me she would tranfer me to my room because she thought I was ok but first we gonna took an X-ray.
We took an X-ray and then got back to my room where my sister was waiting for me.
I came in and lied in the bed which is opposite her. She told me "congrats, we're gonna reborn from now"
But i'm too tired to actually said anything, i just felt as sleep.

2st day.

I woke up in the morning because of the pain and inconvinience on my legs. I was never a back sleeper.

The sore on you legs just won't leave you alone and the heaviness of the frames reminds you what have you done to your body.
I lied there quietly. I was happy that the pain was manageble to me but also upset because it did hurt you know.
I wished the pain could go away. I wished I wait to do it with the electric nail because the frames were annoying as hell.
I felt as sleep again. They put me on high dose of pain killer so I slept all the time. I coudn't eat much on that time. I just slept and prayed that when i woke up my body would get use to this.
My legs were heavy today and i coudn't lift them. A doctor come in and told me i did not need to lift my legs now. All I need to do is start to slowly move my insteeps and toes

3st day
I woke up in the morning, feeling the pain growing inside me. I coudn't stand this anymore. God help me. This was so fking painful. I started to cried because of pain and how helpless i felt.
My older sister asked me what was wrong. I told her i was in pain. She encourage, support and sharing the pain with me. That was her 5th day so she felt so much better, even no pain at all. She told me things will get better soon after the first 3 days.
She asked the nurse to come and check why I felt so painful. Turn out the painkiller bottle was broken so i didn't have any painkiller in my blood. That was the reason for my suffering. She was angry with them. They told us because today is sunday and the hospital doesn't have a lot of staffs so they just forgot to check. I was pissed as well. I wish i could broke their legs in two pieces and then forgot to give them painkiller.
But I forgot quickly so i just felt as sleep again.

4st day
I woke up in the morning and felt little pain. It was so magical. I excercise my instep and toes a bit and then i tried to bent my knee. I was doing just fine. My doctor came in and told me to keep coutinue what I was doing because it was good for me.
My sister was so much better than me at that time. She started to lift her feets little bit. Having mobility back slowly but surely.

5st day.

Today I felt little pain but my feets are a bit hard to move.
I kept excercise it and everyday it get better. I looked at my sister, she was handling so well. She started to stand on her feet today already for about 15 mins.

Asiann123

« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2016, 01:40:41 PM »

Dear Asiann123:

Which kind of nail do your dr. use for LON Tibias ? (Paley or Betz ? or ?)

and does your dr. has his website ?

thank you!

Hi its SIGN tibial nail from USA. Unfortunately he didn't have any website because English is not our second language. But feel free to ask me anything because i'll ask him for you.
I texted him all the time lol. Because i worry about eveything. I usually have sudden panics about my legs.

Bruno Mars

« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »

Hi its SIGN tibial nail from USA. Unfortunately he didn't have any website because English is not our second language. But feel free to ask me anything because i'll ask him for you.
I texted him all the time lol. Because i worry about eveything. I usually have sudden panics about my legs.
Not an insult to your country but you got balls to do LL in Vietnam man. Many people have complications with this Huynh Ba Linh guy. I saw it on the old forum.

Asiann123

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2016, 08:08:10 AM »

Not an insult to your country but you got balls to do LL in Vietnam man. Many people have complications with this Huynh Ba Linh guy. I saw it on the old forum.

Really i didn't know that. Nah it's okay I didn't do it with him anyway because when we meet he sound too much like a business man rather than a doctor. What complications did they have do you remember?
My  doctor is Dinh Van Thuy

Asiann123

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2016, 05:21:17 AM »

We came home after about 15 days in the hospital. We could walk with cruches for about 50m/day and we can stand for about 3->4hours.
We did our housework by ourselves. We ordered food from nearby restauran. We live in an apartment where you can order anything by phone and they will bring it up to you.

When we were in the hospital, there are about 5->6 people come to meet us, they all wanted to do leg lengthening. My doctor let us meet and let them decided whether they really want to do this or not. When they ask me about the pain level i told them its minimal but they didn't believe me. I tried to explan but they were just too terified by looking at the frame so they just left.
But there was one girl still decided to do. She will do it next month. I'll try to convince her to take picture and video and i'll pose it all here with me and my sister as well after i finish my leg lengthening diary.

First check up after one month.
He looked at our x-ray and told us we could lengthen 0.1mm/day. We can lengthen every 6 hours. Because we are very young (i'm 18 my sister 20) so our bone heal faster. For older people it is just 0.75mm/day
Everything went smoth.

Peaceout

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2016, 10:16:37 AM »

thanks for updating.

hamilton

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2016, 01:27:24 PM »

We came home after about 15 days in the hospital. We could walk with cruches for about 50m/day and we can stand for about 3->4hours.
We did our housework by ourselves. We ordered food from nearby restauran. We live in an apartment where you can order anything by phone and they will bring it up to you.

When we were in the hospital, there are about 5->6 people come to meet us, they all wanted to do leg lengthening. My doctor let us meet and let them decided whether they really want to do this or not. When they ask me about the pain level i told them its minimal but they didn't believe me. I tried to explan but they were just too terified by looking at the frame so they just left.
But there was one girl still decided to do. She will do it next month. I'll try to convince her to take picture and video and i'll pose it all here with me and my sister as well after i finish my leg lengthening diary.

First check up after one month.
He looked at our x-ray and told us we could lengthen 0.1mm/day. We can lengthen every 6 hours. Because we are very young (i'm 18 my sister 20) so our bone heal faster. For older people it is just 0.75mm/day
Everything went smoth.

Dear Asiann123:

if you have X-ray pic, can you post it ? thanks

Asiann123

« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2016, 10:01:09 AM »

I'm in the hospital at the moment because my right leg got an infection. Its ridiculous that the infection is not on any of my pin site but on the cut.
It was totally my fault anyways because i thought the cut is healed so i washed it with warm water clot.
My doctor was upset with me a lot. He told me the infection was not really seriouse but I should be more careful because if it was deeper it will affect my bone healing.

My mom found out we did legs lengthening. We tried to lie and told her we got motobike accident but she didn't believe. She told us "i borned you guys so i know. This must be legs lengthening. Don't even try to lie"
Because she loves us so much she just support and forgive us for everything. She told us if we really wanted this we can cheated her to get to the surgery room but after we go out of that place we should called her so that she can take care of us. What's family for?
It was touching. She went to our side and help us to covered up everything with everyone. She hired us a personal assistant for 24/7 hours, a driver and a much nicer apartment. It felt like heaven men. I love her so much.
Since we have a personal assistant to do everything for us we became lazy. We didn't even walk anymore.
And we got a second complication. Our muscle shrink a bit because we were too lazy to excercise.
 My doctor was so angry he even shouted at me face "Why didn't you follow my instruction, this is not a joke. If you don't excercise your legs, soon your muscle will all shrink and what left is bone and skin. You cannot walk again if you keep countinue to be like that"
He was quite upset.
Now i'm staying at the hospital so that he can take good care of me before returning me home again.
Everyday, the physican girl will come to help me to start to stand and walk again and the nurse will come to change my bandage for the infection.
I've been staying here for 2 days now and my legs got better. The infection wound is dry and clean. Legs are getting better and will start walking again soon.
Today my doctor came and talk to me in a calm voice. I guess after shouting at my face he felt some guiltiness lol.
"I'm sorry for shouting at your face 2 days ago but you should know that when I do this for you I took a huge responsibility, i could just refuse to do this for you but i didnt do that. if something wrong happen to your legs it will be the biggest regret of my life"
Those words made me feel glad that I chose him to be my surgerone.
Anyway he's not always emotional like that. Usually he will suddently come to my room and told me to keep excercising, keep excercising, dont be lazy or he gonna take off the frame and wont let me do the legs lengthening anymore.(In serious tone, it make me kinda feel like a student who did something to really upset the teacher. I must admit he make me scare)
Anyway I will keep everything update.
I will update x-ray photo tonight if i can find them. I don't remember my doctor keep it or I keep it. Lol short term memory problem.

NBW

• 5'3"
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »

Hey dude,

post up more information about the doctor.

Asiann123

« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2016, 06:23:24 PM »

Update:
After the infection was treated, they kicked me out of the hospital. Its a gorverment's hospital so its always busy.
They sew my right leg infection hole up. After 1 week a nurse come to my house to cut the stiches for me.
So basiclly i don't have any infection anymore. Good news.
My infection cost me $400 

My left leg is 5cm longer now but my right leg is only 4cm. Due to the infection, i have to slow down the lengthen.
So i have uneven leg now. Hm bad news. But It will be over soon.
I dont feel any pain on left leg at 5cm rate. I have pretty normal mobility. I can lift it, bent it, straingten it, ect... 
On the other hand, right leg is a nightmare. It was 6/10 painful. I don't know if it is because the infection or what but It has been really painfull lately at the "bone cut" zone. I have some knee pain which i didn't have before.
I start to feel pain at my knee just few days ago. I'm thinking this is because of the rod inside my bone move up a little. I think its a bit swollen as well. I'll ask my doctor about this on the following check up.
I also stop lengthening my right leg at the moment. I wil wait for a few days then start again. I think the problem is i lengthen my bone too fast at 1mm/day when other patient only lengthen at 0.75mm/day.
I cannot stand on flat feet at the moment and walking is painful because of uneven legs. I have appoinment with a physical therapy tmr to take care of this mess.
Sometime it is really deppress to countinue. Whenever i want to give up, i remember why did i start.
I might be a dck to say this but compare to others ll patient, i think i'm having quite good journey so far. Almost painless time and been taking good care of.

For anyone want to ask about the doctor information.
His website is on process and i'll post the link when its done.

Asiann123

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2016, 01:53:12 PM »

Update:
Turned out the knee hurting its not due to fast lengthening rate. Its because I used my right legs too often. I put all of my body weight on it when walking so my knee cannot hold everything up anymore. I'm getting better with the knee problem anyway.
My physical therapy told me i could walk without cruches. 30days more until frame removeeeeee.
I'm soooooo excited.
My physical therapy is 5"6 and he's consider a tall men in vietnam. Today when i stand tall I almost look as tall as him. Never been so tall in my life hahaha. Good feeling.
Just a little bit more to goo.
I know i can do this.

Asiann123

« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2016, 02:36:07 PM »

Update:
Anyone know how to update pics please help me. I don't know. Can i send you pics through mail and you help me to update them here.
I have 3 legs lengthening paitients pics including me standing tall. I want to update video clip as well but I don't know how.

Penguinn

« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2016, 03:42:19 PM »

Upload the picture on www.imgur.com and post the link here.

picson

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 11:06:13 AM »

Hello
I wish you have good surgery.
Im 20 yeaes old japanese.
I want to get surgery in vietnam.
Pleace tell me how can i get contact with your doctor.
He can speak english??

aspirant185

« Reply #20 on: September 26, 2016, 09:41:17 AM »

How much time did it take you to lengthen 5 cm ?
Current afternoon height: 175.5 cm
Wingspan - 182 cm
Target height 184 cm
Considering doing 4.3 cm Femurs and 4.2 cm Tibias with Dr. Milorad Mitkovic in Serbia.

Asiann123

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2016, 10:24:11 AM »

Asiann123

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2016, 10:27:57 AM »

How much time did it take you to lengthen 5 cm ?

Hi, this is really depend on your age. If you are younger he will allowe you to turn faster. The normal time for 5cm is 3 months. 15 days since operation you will start to lengthening with the rate 0.75mm/day so almost 90 days for 5cm.
If you are younger like me and my sis the rate will be 0.1mm/day. About 2 month and a half.

Asiann123

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2016, 10:29:47 AM »

Hello
I wish you have good surgery.
Im 20 yeaes old japanese.
I want to get surgery in vietnam.
Pleace tell me how can i get contact with your doctor.
He can speak english??

Hi, you can reach him via this email
limblengthconsultant@yahoo.com.

Asiann123

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2016, 10:39:08 AM »

Hi, this is me standing tall at 4.5cm
http://imgur.com/Cu6Z5SM

Asiann123

« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2016, 11:11:23 AM »

Asiann123

« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2016, 11:16:38 AM »

My doc keeps the x-ray so i cant post it here sorry guys. I only have video me walking after 6 days of operation. I will pose it in youtube in few days

rock112

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2016, 03:56:48 AM »

Looking great dude, would never even guess you've done any cm at all lol. Good luck and good progress!

fujitora

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2016, 09:05:06 AM »

@Asiann123 - Congratulations. Your proportions look good, and I admire and respect your bravery to take up this challenge at the age of 18.
Pre-Op Height: 160.5 cms
Surgery performed by Dr. Manish Dhawan at Sir Gangaram Hospital on 4th April 2016
Lengthening stopped on 14th Sept 2016
Current height: 165 cms (5 cm)
Frames removed on March 19th 2017 | Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=3499.0

Asiann123

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2016, 01:52:54 PM »

[/quote]
Looking great dude, would never even guess you've done any cm at all lol. Good luck and good progress!

Hi, thanks dude. I think this is because Asian people usually have long back and short legs. My doctor told me so. :D

Asiann123

« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2016, 01:56:13 PM »

@Asiann123 - Congratulations. Your proportions look good, and I admire and respect your bravery to take up this challenge at the age of 18.
Well, I always told myself, if not now then when. This journey is the toughest thing i've ever been through srl :D
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up