Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: livelifetaller destroyed my life  (Read 42876 times)

hasaki

livelifetaller destroyed my life
« on: July 09, 2022, 09:07:48 PM »

I started femoral surgery at livelifetaller last October and had a series of post-operative complications. These include but are not limited to osteomyelitis, osteochondrosis, and nerve damage. Of course, at this point, the most important thing to deal with is still osteomyelitis, which has left me unable to stand and walk independently and with a lot of pain almost a year after the surgery. At the very first interview with them, their doctor told me that their patients were usually able to walk off crutches two weeks after surgery and run within a month. I was convinced, so I had the surgery just a few days after the interview. Just a few hours after the surgery, they ask you to get out of bed and walk, and then they take video behind you. And the steps are repeated over the next few days. You have to do it and they will force you. That's why they have so many videos. I was discharged after 3 days in the hospital, which is usually a week for the rest of the team. After being discharged I noticed thick yellow and red fluid coming out of my wound and had asked them about it. They told me that it was normal drainage and that it meant that everything was fine (since I had no previous experience with infection, I didn't know it was an infection). After that, there was a lot of pus coming out every day and I asked them about it, but they told me to trust them and that they were sure I didn't have an infection. After being in pain for close to a month, their people came over to take x-rays of my femur, but found no success in lengthening it. So a few days later, I underwent a new surgery, which was a continuation of the nightmare. I noticed after the surgery that I had numbness in my left foot and no control of my thumb, which was more intense when I was lying down. As a result, I was unable to sleep most of the time. At first I thought I was losing too much blood and asked them about it. They still told me that everything was normal and that it was normal to experience numbness after surgery. It wasn't until last December when I returned to New York and found the infection had increased that I went to nyu langone for a checkup and they told me that I was diagnosed with osteomyelitis and had nerve damage and bone loss (before that, livelifetall told me that my bones were growing well). And they found that the infection was caused by the built-in metal contamination and recommended that I have immediate surgery and acute shortening of the gap between the bones, which meant that the surgery was a complete failure, so I refused. At a later time I re-inquired about livelifetaller and sent them my ct and x-ray and they told me their doctor had looked at it and still found no problems present. It wasn't until I gave them the nyulangone diagnosis report that they put the blame on me. They said my surgery failed because I took too much pain medication (what does this have to do with osteomyelitis?) However, while I was there they did not allow me to buy any medication and only gave me one or two diclofenac pills a day at my request. After that, their executives contacted me and threatened to hold me legally responsible if I told anyone about the incident. And after I was disabled by them, they still did not take any responsibility and compensate me.

Siegfried

Re: livelifetaller destroyed my life
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 09:50:06 PM »

I am so sorry. They are terrible people, I have heard many terrible stories of them. They will contact you after they see this post and threaten you with legal repercussions. They did the same after a German friend posted a negative report about them here.
Unilateral Quadrilateral Lengthening 2021/22 w/ Koehne
Pre-Surgery: 1.67 m
Post-Surgery: 1.76 m
My Story: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=68285.msg221238#msg221238

Charizard

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 10:15:07 PM »

I started femoral surgery at livelifetaller last October and had a series of post-operative complications. These include but are not limited to osteomyelitis, osteochondrosis, and nerve damage. Of course, at this point, the most important thing to deal with is still osteomyelitis, which has left me unable to stand and walk independently and with a lot of pain almost a year after the surgery. At the very first interview with them, their doctor told me that their patients were usually able to walk off crutches two weeks after surgery and run within a month. I was convinced, so I had the surgery just a few days after the interview. Just a few hours after the surgery, they ask you to get out of bed and walk, and then they take video behind you. And the steps are repeated over the next few days. You have to do it and they will force you. That's why they have so many videos. I was discharged after 3 days in the hospital, which is usually a week for the rest of the team. After being discharged I noticed thick yellow and red fluid coming out of my wound and had asked them about it. They told me that it was normal drainage and that it meant that everything was fine (since I had no previous experience with infection, I didn't know it was an infection). After that, there was a lot of pus coming out every day and I asked them about it, but they told me to trust them and that they were sure I didn't have an infection. After being in pain for close to a month, their people came over to take x-rays of my femur, but found no success in lengthening it. So a few days later, I underwent a new surgery, which was a continuation of the nightmare. I noticed after the surgery that I had numbness in my left foot and no control of my thumb, which was more intense when I was lying down. As a result, I was unable to sleep most of the time. At first I thought I was losing too much blood and asked them about it. They still told me that everything was normal and that it was normal to experience numbness after surgery. It wasn't until last December when I returned to New York and found the infection had increased that I went to nyu langone for a checkup and they told me that I was diagnosed with osteomyelitis and had nerve damage and bone loss (before that, livelifetall told me that my bones were growing well). And they found that the infection was caused by the built-in metal contamination and recommended that I have immediate surgery and acute shortening of the gap between the bones, which meant that the surgery was a complete failure, so I refused. At a later time I re-inquired about livelifetaller and sent them my ct and x-ray and they told me their doctor had looked at it and still found no problems present. It wasn't until I gave them the nyulangone diagnosis report that they put the blame on me. They said my surgery failed because I took too much pain medication (what does this have to do with osteomyelitis?) However, while I was there they did not allow me to buy any medication and only gave me one or two diclofenac pills a day at my request. After that, their executives contacted me and threatened to hold me legally responsible if I told anyone about the incident. And after I was disabled by them, they still did not take any responsibility and compensate me.

Osteomyelitis? Their executives threatened?? WTF?? :o Who is that Dr Halil? Woww man felt sorry for you.. :-X If i was you i would have gone to police or press at least about this.  :(
I heard similar stories with several other patients aswell. Why nobody is going to press about this? It seems they are getting many Japanese these days and share dairy in twitter.. Somebody should warn these poor people. :( :(
Current Height:5ft9''
Target Height:6ftAge:32
Stretching my legs everyday
I’m exposing scammer limb lengthening clinics in my Twitter account.
https://x.com/charizard780

Charizard

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 10:21:07 PM »

I am so sorry. They are terrible people, I have heard many terrible stories of them. They will contact you after they see this post and threaten you with legal repercussions. They did the same after a German friend posted a negative report about them here.

Threaten with legal repercussions? How?

hasaki

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 11:31:19 PM »

They distinguish infections with their nose, not their eyes. This is amazing to me. Every time they smelled the pus-covered gauze and told me I didn't have an infection.

hasaki

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2022, 11:32:52 PM »

It seems that they now have a lot of Japanese salesmen and stigmatize those victims who have had serious complications in livelifetaller.

motoboarder

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 01:48:41 AM »

First of all, I"m very sorry for your situation. It seemed serious. I think you should start making wise decisions supported by lots of careful research. Height is a life goal, but your health is the most important.

There're always bad people and unfortunately we have to live with them. The best thing we could do is to avoid them, by gathering knowledge.

If you did extensive research, you would have known that this is outrageously a god damn lie. Walking off crutches = walking unaided, usually careful LLers only attempt this after a good amount of CONSOLIDATION. Let alone running within a month - bs! No LLers ever be able to achieve this, even if one only lengthen 1cm theoretically.
At the very first interview with them, their doctor told me that their patients were usually able to walk off crutches two weeks after surgery and run within a month. I was convinced...

It's never late to start making wise decision, better than letting things go worse. I assumed you got the suggestion to shorten from a reputable org in NY. I'd seriously consider this. Best thing to do now is to save your health. LL will have to come later. And by next time, you will have gathered some crucial experiences.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

boklecrt

« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2022, 03:22:03 AM »

Not attacking you but can you provide proof of your allegations against the Live life taller company?
This forum has become truly a breeding ground of various turkish doctors   talking each other in their quest to amass more customers

Please find the time and sit down and elaborate on your original post in a objective and non emotional manner as if youre writing a court deposition and most importantly try to provide xrays and more detailed explanation on who, where, what happened

It boggled the mind how people still go to this company solely based on the fact that their website and instagram is filled with patients faces

Imagine trying to do this extremely socially embarrassing procedure in secrecy and then 5 months later you randomly stumble on a video of you in a hospital gown pushing a walker in a hospital corridor while grimacing and sweating your ass off from exertion. Just from the fact that they keep such an active instagram id NEVER come near those people.
5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER

ilovescience

« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2022, 05:09:19 AM »

Sorry that my English isn't that good. I am trying to understand what you experienced in LL. Are you saying your legs experienced unexpected pain and your height is the same as starting height?

hasaki

« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2022, 06:25:38 AM »

The current height is shorter than at the end of the lengthening, probably due to the tilting of the intramedullary nail caused by osteolysis.

djimbo9

« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2022, 09:33:32 AM »

The livelifetaller trolls/employees coming in 3,2,1...

hasaki

hasaki

« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2022, 10:57:48 AM »

You can see the livelifetaller equipment is rusty

Dirona

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2022, 11:22:55 AM »

So sad to hear this man..You fell for their bait...Anyone who advertises any sort of cosmetic procedures needs to be scrutinized carefully? Things will get better..Stay Strong!
Taking it easy

boklecrt

« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2022, 12:03:43 PM »

You are clearly japanese and not good in English, and this case is too serious to be left not explained so I took a look at your instagram and will try to piece together what happened to you for reference.

1. You went to live life taller for LON Femur
2. they told you will run in one month after surgery - complete nonsense
3. you had the surgery and they installed a recycled rusty frame from previous patients - that's just NASTY
4. You immediately developed a pin site infection infection, which is a common occurence with external frames
5. your infection was not immediately taken seriously and treated with antibiotics
6. you were in considerable amount of pain for 2 months while you distracted something like, what, 7 cm?
7. in the meantime the infection spread down to the bone and became osteomyelitis
8. you were given diclofenac which is a NSAID as a painkiller, a well known non union inducing medicine
9. you had the frame removed and flew back to new york
10. based on your xrays id say you have NON UNION and the proximal femur is getting disintegrated by osteomyelitis
11. doctors in new york told you to immediately get surgery to remove the nail and shorten the femur back to the original length
12. you denied because you think you can fix the situation while having the gap
13. now, one year later, whats happening with your bones? do you have a recent xray?

with the osteomyelitis going on and your non union, you cannot fix the situation with bone grafting. There is just not enough bone in your hip or ribs to competently cover the entirety of the gaps and get everything to stick together

Overall, definitely grounds to sue for CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE

absolutely shocking incompetence
March 2022
SLAYER

maimedinturkey

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2022, 01:11:33 PM »

This is absolutely horrific. It is pretty clear that when you do surgery with wannabetaller or livelifetaller you essentially sign away your life to unscrupulous grifters. Basic stuff such as standing, walking and running unhindered can easily be taken away from you by negligent doctors.

You can try strong antibiotics for a prolonged period to try and clear up the bone infection. But tbh as long as you have hardware in your femur, the infection is likely to return once you stop the course of antibiotics. It seems reasonable that you must remove the hardware before the antibiotics course, to give your body maximum chance to heal. Either way, it seems as if the demineralization and excessive lengthening have brought on a misalignment of the upper and lower parts of the femur, at least in the left femur. Do you really want the femur to heal in this angle? If not, you must reposition the nail. For this to be successful, you probably have to narrow the gap a couple of centimetres to relieve some of the tension on the nail. The good thing is that by narrowing the gap, you will also stimulate bone growth once the infection has cleared.

ilovescience

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2022, 01:27:34 PM »

This is absolutely horrific. It is pretty clear that when you do surgery with wannabetaller or livelifetaller you essentially sign away your life to unscrupulous grifters. Basic stuff such as standing, walking and running unhindered can easily be taken away from you by negligent doctors.

You can try strong antibiotics for a prolonged period to try and clear up the bone infection. But tbh as long as you have hardware in your femur, the infection is likely to return once you stop the course of antibiotics. It seems reasonable that you must remove the hardware before the antibiotics course, to give your body maximum chance to heal. Either way, it seems as if the demineralization and excessive lengthening have brought on a misalignment of the upper and lower parts of the femur, at least in the left femur. Do you really want the femur to heal in this angle? If not, you must reposition the nail. For this to be successful, you probably have to narrow the gap a couple of centimetres to relieve some of the tension on the nail. The good thing is that by narrowing the gap, you will also stimulate bone growth once the infection has cleared.

Is demineralisation same meaning as loss if calcium, like osteoporosis? And by narrowing the gap, it means to give up small amount of height so infection won't go far?

maimedinturkey

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2022, 01:39:04 PM »

yes and yes

maimedinturkey

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2022, 01:42:37 PM »

But let me clarify, narrowing the gap is done to relive the tension on the nail, so that it can be repositioned to take care of the misalignment. Relieving the tension should also facilitate healing, even though it falls short of removing the hardware completely.

hasaki

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2022, 05:00:42 PM »

The director of nyulangone judged it to be an intraoperative infection, and I went to another hospital. The same result was obtained, the implant was contaminated and needed to be removed and the gap shortened. But I refused because it would have meant a complete waste of money and time. And after I asked the livelifetaller, they told me that my problem would be solved with the passage of time.

Charizard

« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2022, 06:06:23 PM »

Not attacking you but can you provide proof of your allegations against the Live life taller company?
This forum has become truly a breeding ground of various turkish doctors   talking each other in their quest to amass more customers

Please find the time and sit down and elaborate on your original post in a objective and non emotional manner as if youre writing a court deposition and most importantly try to provide xrays and more detailed explanation on who, where, what happened

It boggled the mind how people still go to this company solely based on the fact that their website and instagram is filled with patients faces

Imagine trying to do this extremely socially embarrassing procedure in secrecy and then 5 months later you randomly stumble on a video of you in a hospital gown pushing a walker in a hospital corridor while grimacing and sweating your ass off from exertion. Just from the fact that they keep such an active instagram id NEVER come near those people.

People are still going to this place because victims are staying silent with fear of embarrassment mostly. Also it seems managers of livelifetaller threaten every patient who has a complication like this. I guess his name is sedat. Dr Halil&Sedat.. I guess he is a surgeon too. I could not find any other information about him..
I guess the post owner is not good with computer. Here you go uploaded all here. Now i can go vomit..  :-[

hasaki

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2022, 07:03:18 PM »

Even as the picture shows, they still claim I have no infection and only gave me antibiotics for three days at the worst time.

motoboarder

« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2022, 08:34:13 PM »

Just pure upset to watch this. Do we have a section on the forum to list these?

1. List of certified serious complications
2. List of surgeons to absolutely avoid. livelifetaller would ultimately go to this list, despite their success cases, if they really had any.
Asian male age 30-36; 163cm -> Gained 4cm tibias & 5.6cm femurs
Tibia surgery 01/18/2022; Femur surgery 02/01/2022
Diary http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=69090.0
Recommended wheelchair transport in West Palm Beach: East Coast Taxi (561) 651-1111 (please DON'T mention it's from me)

boklecrt

« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2022, 12:56:30 AM »

Even as the picture shows, they still claim I have no infection and only gave me antibiotics for three days at the worst time.

can you stop feeding us bread crumbs one sentence at a time??

Write the entire story in one big post already.
There are shocking details which needs to be elaborated on like for example
1. why did you get kicked out of the hospital at day 3 instead of at least day 5 or day 7 like other normal doctors? Did they want to save money from hospital bills while discounting the fact that by day 3 youre still not in the clear from PE or DVT??
2. didnt you get infused antibiotics for 3 days in the hopsital and then oral course for 10 more days?
3. what kind of painkillers did you get during your lengtheniung?
4. did you get equipment failure where they did a second surgery to rebreak your bone?
5. how much did you distract and how come noone saw you have non union for the entire time you were in frames?
6. why did they remove the frame when you finished your lengthening with non union?
7. didnt you see on your xrays you have non union? did they even show you your xrays?
8. did you leave with a wheelchair from turkey to america?
9. in december when you got diagnosed with these massive complications what was your next move?
10. what is your current situation, can you give us recent xrays?
March 2022
SLAYER

Height Journey

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2022, 02:47:38 AM »

can you stop feeding us bread crumbs one sentence at a time??

Write the entire story in one big post already.
There are shocking details which needs to be elaborated on like for example
1. why did you get kicked out of the hospital at day 3 instead of at least day 5 or day 7 like other normal doctors? Did they want to save money from hospital bills while discounting the fact that by day 3 youre still not in the clear from PE or DVT??
2. didnt you get infused antibiotics for 3 days in the hopsital and then oral course for 10 more days?
3. what kind of painkillers did you get during your lengtheniung?
4. did you get equipment failure where they did a second surgery to rebreak your bone?
5. how much did you distract and how come noone saw you have non union for the entire time you were in frames?
6. why did they remove the frame when you finished your lengthening with non union?
7. didnt you see on your xrays you have non union? did they even show you your xrays?
8. did you leave with a wheelchair from turkey to america?
9. in december when you got diagnosed with these massive complications what was your next move?
10. what is your current situation, can you give us recent xrays?

Hello hasaki,

In addition to the questions above, please answer my questions so we can get a better understanding of what happened.

11. What was your lengthening rate?
12. Did you clean and disinfect all your pin sites on a daily basis with antibiotics, as you must do with external fixators to prevent infections?
13. Did you take a shower that washed the antibiotics away from the pin sites on your legs?
14. Where were you staying during lengthening?
15. How did you visit a physical therapist or physical therapy center, and why did your PT not take any action? Any decent physical therapist would have noticed something horribly gone wrong and reported it to the doctor or hospital.
16. Do they only take X-rays once a month, which is not enough since X-rays every 2 weeks is standard?
17. Why didn't your doctor detect a non-union earlier? Questions from boklecrt about X-rays are important. It's absolutely mind blowing that a doctor could not notice a non-union earlier and slow down, pause, or reverse lengthening.
3.7cm tibias with Precice 2.2 nails in 2022
7.0cm femurs with Precice 2.2 nails in 2021

YouTube: YouTube.com/HeightJourney

hasaki

« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2022, 03:13:10 AM »

1. My guess is that they are trying to save money. Because a day after the second surgery I was asked to be discharged by them, but of course the hospital they work with does not recommend .
2. When I was in Turkey, I only took oral antibiotics for 3 days.
3. Diclofenac
4. livelifetaller said it was due to the failure of the intramedullary nail
5. I lengthened about 6.5cm and at the time they told me my bone was growing well. But later when I took the x-ray they gave me to the nyulango doctor, I was told that there was no sign of bone growth.
6. I originally planned to remove the frame when I extended it to 7cm, but they seemed to operate a lot at that time. So their staff came over and talked me into removing the frame as soon as possible.
7. same with 5
8. Yes
9. Hospitalized for a week with intravenous antibiotic infusion. Also oral antibiotics twice a day until today
10. On the 12th of this month, nyulango' doctor asked me to go over to shoot the MIR.
11. They require 1.5 mm per day
12. At the time they didn't allow me to shower and their staff was a bit lazy. Even when I had an abscess, I came over once every three days to change the gauze. They also did not allow me to change them privately.
13. I stayed in a hotel with whom they have a partnership agreement.
14. Probably because of the gauze, their therapist only knew that I had nerve damage.
15.They took x-rays every two weeks and the first time told me I wasn't successful in extending. The second time they told me my bones were growing well and not to worry.
16. They didn't even tell me to slow down and extend, even though I was reacting to the pain with them every day.
17. I think most of the pain was due to the infection rather than prolongation, as the pain decreased a lot after my IV antibiotic infusion.

Height Journey

« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2022, 03:43:46 AM »

Lengthening femurs 1.5 mm per day? That's why you got a non-union.

Standard for femurs is 1.0mm/day. Patients with faster consolidation can go to 1.25mm/day on femurs, but I never heard of lengthening 1.5mm/day.

ilovescience

« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2022, 04:08:32 AM »

Lengthening femurs 1.5 mm per day? That's why you got a non-union.

Standard for femurs is 1.0mm/day. Patients with faster consolidation can go to 1.25mm/day on femurs, but I never heard of lengthening 1.5mm/day.

That 0.25mm velocity could significantly change the outcome?

hasaki

« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2022, 04:09:00 AM »

This is what they asked me to do

ilovescience

« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2022, 04:10:03 AM »

Before the surgery, did you mention that it should be 1mm per day for healing to the staffs???

Height Journey

« Reply #30 on: July 11, 2022, 04:26:38 AM »

If they were in the U.S., they would be sued for malpractice, shut down, and even arrested.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up