Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /  (Read 11971 times)

Americanfootball

Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /
« on: July 08, 2018, 09:09:48 AM »

Greetings,

After i got 6,5-7 cm with Tibia lengthening 6 years ago, I m starting new journey  to win Champions League at this Level. Joking aside, it s My aim to share my experience, inform the people about  details good or bad but honestly!  Everybody must show empathy, i know how important this operation in your life so i try to give you some clues to be caught  in your Journey.

----------------------------------------
INFO;

Height:: 1.74
Body type: Muscular
Job:: Sport expert
Ope Date:: 5 July 2018

-------------------------------------
Staying: (1 Week)

Clinica Diagonal 10/9,5:

it s a new modern Hospital where you feel yourself relax, the room  has all things i need ( wardrobe with pincode, safe case, shower, tv, air condition,beautiful barcelona view etc)

Personal/Nurses 10/9,5 :

They are so kind and helper although they can barely speak english ,but somehow you understand each other,i i meet some a few personell at reception,Elena and someone else, They helped me to find online restaurant to order something. it s just a example, i tell openly you can't find the same situation in my country cos People are not like that.

And Nurses are working so like Bee, you will stay inside your comfort zone. Everyday 3 meals. cleaning, check-up etc

-----------------------------------------------------------

Operation Day 0 :

it was  afternoon at 15:30,  all in  the same day(test, x ray,blood)  were done!
while i was waiting ope time, i was listening motivational music , i had no worry no anxious nothing, i was so relaxed, i m a bit crazy (calm,coldblodded)

i awoke in post surgery room, everything was like it happened nothing,  i was accustomed to anesthesia :) Pain Level 0/10

Day 1 ( 6 July 2018)

it can say the first 1-2 day is challenge because it s obviously normal that your body is faced with a new situation that never happened before, you can't move not  too much. Dr Monegal visited me and said Having a perfect operation with minimal scar incision. i think He did recently more bilateral ope. Mine was piece of cake :)

Pain Level 0/10

1.Epidural in your spine
2. i didnt want catheter in Penis
3. IV in Arm

Day 2

it s better than first day but interestingly, i had a headache, i talked it with Monegal and Anastheist.they said  it s pretty normal.Reason could be epidural in spine, they removed it, you know  everybody is different and body  reacts in different way. Pain Level 0/10 in my legs

i went to toilet very carefully with crutches , it was amazing feeling step by step, and later had shower, Carol who  has the same height 1,74 makes me always laugh with her spanish , i try to learn Spanish" necesito un poco de practico: it means i need practice,

i took X ray ,it looks very good,Dr said.

CPM Machine time: i did it today with Physiotherapist, device bend my knee  60° angle about 30 min and then Dr Monegal visited me, we watched game between Croatia-Russia.
He showed me some exercises, Hip Flexion, i said i can't do it and put a towel under my knee and i succeed it. He has really very knowledge  about everything.

Day 3 Today

No Headache, i m sleeping very well since first day and started the day good, Nice Breakfast, some check up, some spanish learn and writing to you on my bed.i will do some exercises Hip flexion, a little walk, i feel myself better, as i said, first 1-2 days are really challenge in term of adaptation .
Pain Level 0/10

Meanwhile After one week staying, i move to Mic St.Jordi. i visited there before i come here, there are now 6-7 patient. i talked with them, they were doing very well, Physio etc. but i think im the one Unilateral Patient. i explain later why i do it.

last word about Dr. Monegal

we had appointment last year for operation, We kept in touch and he always replied my questions quickly  and organized everything very clearly, He draw a optimum plan for Ope Date,
after i came here, We had lunch at 14:00 at Clinica Diagonal like a friend so shortly He is Special One who cares all of his patients and very skilled Surgeon with his innovative technique  .i can say that just visit him or make an appointment , you understand what i mean. I believe and trust him and myself in this Journey.

Stay Strong !

sidvicious

• Visitor
Re: Two Stage Internal Femur / Dr. Monegal /
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2018, 09:40:12 AM »

Great going man,

1. What is your target for internal femurs?
2. 2 stage means?  :-\
3. How has the recovery from tibia been for you?

Americanfootball

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2018, 02:58:06 PM »

@sidvicious

1.i dont have a certain target.i will listen to my body.i will do as much as i can.

2.Two stage( unilateral lengthening ) first of all , you do one leg lengthening , after finished it, start   the second Leg. Read some diary ;) (Yagen,Auron etc)

3.I returned back %100 to my pre Ope Athletic abilities because This is My Job. i worked very hard.

Americanfootball

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:50:53 PM »

4.Day
My swelling is getting better. Dr Monegal removed the bandage, it s nice again to see my Leg.After 3 day, I started the my daily program ( Leg circle,hip flexion, isometric exercise etc) i have to return back very strong.

I Got 82* with CPM machine. Second day was 60 , it s improving.

Americanfootball

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 12:53:34 PM »

Sexy Leg is on the way 8)

i started to walk along the corridors easily with two crutches.  My arms are very strong, My core stability is enough good to keep my balance. Meanwhile i did first Left Leg.

Morning s summary;

i took a shower when i waked up,it makes me feel energetic then i  had some breakfast, after a while Physio visited me like everyday,We walked together and talked about some details.He said that im walking very well.Later on Dear CPM machine as you see(it will move the knee through a range of motion without you need to use his or her muscles to move the leg) it s just a part of treatment.
then i had lunch

Foods

i have to say the Food are really delicious it s better than i expected:Today s menu: Beef/Patato,Spanish Spagetti,sweet yogurt, bread. A beautiful lady visits you everyday and ask your choice for Meals.
as i said im really in good Hands...

i will rest now and again will do my own routine. i can't wait to watch the biggest Semi-Final France-Belgium
Keep strong,My Friends
Buenas Tardes!

Honore

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:19:57 PM »

great, thanks for the diary... Can you tell us more about your first operation? And why dr Monegal seems the only one to do one segment at a time... do other docs underestimate the risks?

lucindaris

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 08:44:38 PM »

What is the average cost of two stage internal femur with Dr. Monegal?

Americanfootball

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 09:10:42 PM »

6.day
Start Lengthening-Removing Stitches

my Daily routine seems almost like that ..

• 06;00 Check by Nurses( blood pressure, body temperature etc)

08:00 Wake Up

08:30 Breakfast ( my choice: Milch,bread or croissant, cheese, Jambon)

09:30 having shower 

10:00 Cleaning & Bed ( Changing  the sheet etc)

11:00 Physiotherapy ( Walking, strengthening,CPM machine(i got 90 , it takes 1 hour )

13:30 Lunch

15:00 Resting/Reading/Watching

17:00 5 o clock Tea

18:30 Physiotherapy

19 30: Dinner/ Dr Monegal visiting everyday

23:00 Nurse Check/Sleeping

Pain Level:

Last two days I didn’t take any painkiller . It increased 10/6 but that day I had done lots of walking(15min  with short intervals) with 2 crutches and rehabilitation.Pain is like a discomfort, soreness. Today I took just Nolotin and Pain Level 10/2. Sleeping is very well. If you stand up and walking without medication , 10/3-4. this is not unbearable. Come on,We are not fking little boy!

Scar:
I will show a photos  of my scars very soon , they are looking very good, The Nurse didnt notice whether it is scar or not while Dr. Monegal was removing it.  10/10

Lengthening :

I started to today lengthening.Dr Monegal explained me everything very well and draw a routine( split)
I do now 1 mm. Lengthening is easy for now.i think there is no need to explain how it works. Meanwhile I bet him for  that Final Match But England couldnt even reach Final. I will take Boss to Dinner.

Mental:

I feel better mentally because the first 2-3 (maybe 4) days were big  challenge. You know i was doing sport everyday and now it s like a prison break :) everything is limited. YOU HAVE TO KNOW ; This is not a walk in park but Pain is temporary , Height is always with you. Look! It has been 7 years since my tibia operation. It passed so quickly.i was happy with my Height and There is one thing in this life that  you can’t buy, „TIME“ i couldn't able to do this operation  in future.
I spent  very good times  after T.ope , healed very well, enjoyed my life ,  that s why follow your  dreams, do things that make you feel happy .

Lunch

Room View

Americanfootball

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2018, 04:55:45 PM »

11.day

i moved to Mic before 5 days ago and will spend  2 weeks before i return to Home. Until now lengthened approx. 0,5cm with 1 mm per day

Pain Level

0-1/10 and i took 1 painkiller until now during lengthening.

Recommendations;

- if you want to do one Stage Op. you should train absolutely your triceps not to overweight L.Leg and core training to keep your balance better. it  mean you may walk at least 15 min constantly with resting.

-if you take painkiller, you dont feel anything on leg.it s like you feel you walk without crutches thats why i try not to take something.

-Mic is very ideal place for the people who come from abroad, everything is designed well for disabled person. i rented a double room, there is everything inside. Kitchen for Cooking,adjustable bed ( like in Hospital),Air Condition etc and Small Pool, Phsiyotherapy room, Cafe direct on entry. There are some restaurant and market along the street.I saw the other patients they go shopping with wheelchair, big admiration !

-there is some good applications: Glovo: you can order your food.  A nice meal cost about 12-15€ or you can cook in your apartment.

-There is 6-7 L.L Warriors staying here now. Dr. Monegal visit us frequently , last time was a like international Meeting.

Physiothereapy

Pt Alberto visit the patiens Mic.i watched a few times. it s certainly worth. im not Physiotherapist but i know what i should do,  however i will take a pt from him.

i can bend my knee 90°.i do training everyday. it lasts 45 min *2 times. Doing some isometric strength, active passive exercises, stretching etc and walking.

Mentally

As i said, this is my second operation and i was knowing what kind of obstacles i will face to. However i m working still  to stay strong and cope with this.

that makes me tough!
Duke s word in Rocky IV film:

"Now you're gonna have to go through hell. Worse than any nightmare you ever dreamed. But in the end, I know you'll be the one standing"...

--------------------------------------------------------
Life Since 5 Day

Leaving from Hospital

From Clinica Diagonal to Mic: Distance 5,5 km:15 Min

Way to Dinner way in Taxi

Price: 9,30€ for 3,5 km distance

Dinner

15€ pro Person

zantac20

« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2018, 03:43:42 PM »

any update?

Americanfootball

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2018, 09:54:04 AM »

25.Day

L.L Is really like a American Football game.it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication. you have to be enough tough but positive too. so...

i had met very nice people in Mic and we shared a lot of good things in 2 weeks, i hope i see them when i come back,They are true Warriors, i admire them cos  All of them had done Bilateral, they were at the end of lengthening phase. i was the one Unilateral boy.but until now i m happy for this decision.

before i leave there, a few new guys from England and Mexican  were visiting Mic and had  positive consultation with Dr Monegal.

i returned back to Home a few day ago, it was a challenge day.i got off from plane by using boarding stairs and then got on the Airport bus. Sticks are my helper.

How about the life?

Dr Monegal insisted on using outsoles. i m using special shoe at home and enough mobile to do something. i try to be conservative and use always 2 crutches. Pain is 1-2 /10 during the day but nights tension a little bit higher, i take tramadol and some pills if i need.

i m thinking to visit Dr.Monegal every three weeks to take x ray and to be checked up etc.
we are always in contact,altough he is so busy.

i do lot s of stretching, isometric exercises( quadriceps, hamstrings, adductors, glute) Im using strap for stretch  and massage bar to relieve muscle.
 walking is important too. i have a little bit extension problem, i try to keep my leg straight on lying and  while putting my heel first on ground by walking

Stay Strong!

zantac20

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2018, 01:59:27 PM »

thanks for the update. Seems you are doing well. Keep up the good work :)

Americanfootball

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2018, 05:38:18 PM »

41 Day

i visited recently Dr. Monegal to get second "X-Ray" and "Check Up"

i would like to share this journey that lasted  4-5 hours ( Airplane,Taxi,some walking around etc)

Journey

Departure

First of all i didnt request any help (wheelchair)provided by airport , i was walking with  two crutches.
I boarded the aircraft after I had gone through the security check.they dont ask for any paper. I just kindly said that i had op and can't walk, however  I had carried ope.paper with me

just a small note: if you have any metal thing inside your body, it s not problem.
Boarding was not through the tunnel, i had have to need climb  some stairs down and got on airport bus like other people and then climbed aircraft stairs up
Everything was alright.that was the first round!

before journey, i got just a small painkiller.
climbing stairs down is pretty easy. Physiotherapist will teach you how to do it in Clinica Diagonal but Climbing up is a little bit difficult. i should practice it more.

Arrive

after i got taxi in front of airport, it was a little bit early, i sat down in a cafe, had a relax(ZERO pain until now) and i waited Dr. Monegal. We met in front of the hospital and it was 2. X Ray Time
The gap showed 3,9 cm  ( did everyday 0,99mm ). 

After Dr. Monegal checked X ray, he was very happy like me.
He was doing goal celebration, He is caring and passionated about his Job. Especially His osteotomy technique provides you good-callus growth.After a while, i was very hungry,  We ate something.
My return plane was the same day evening and i had a much time to do something

but what a luck that Airport was on Dr. Monegal route and he left me to airport. It was a little bit early.but   i waited on Lounge of departure and backed to my country.

i got off the plane again without tunnel( stair and airport bus) it was second challenge for me and  until exit it was a long walk distance. whenever i came to home, i was destroyed. it was a very tiring day

Lastly

it s one big advantage of Two stages operation. You are mobile, not like horse but you can do basic things at least. i think i made right choice but we will see it, it s early yet to make a  comment.

Stay Strong!

Americanfootball

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2018, 10:11:09 AM »

54. Day  

5cm

i think i am at the end of tunnel. Muscle tension got bigger and feel normally  some muscle pull on medial side.  it may be normal that i have done  just two days rest until now and go on with 0,99 mm (33 pulse).Before ope, Due to my muscle structure ( bulky), i give good effort.
5 cm is obviously big difference that s why i can continue until 6,5 or less if my body allows me to stay there.

i have been doing straining since 3-4 weeks at home.  3 times per week :it s Push up(3*35Rep)- inverted row with sling(3*15), pull up(3*Max). because i lost enough thigh muscle and  keep upper body alive  at least:)

i avoid too much weight load on operated leg and use outsole, Dr Monegal recommended every 10 days put 1 cm lift. i walk with two crutches very well and having shower,do daily stuff ,  cooking is not a problem, i stand without crutches and sometimes use other leg to reach something. i had recommended that before ope, train lots of (core) abs muscle for better balance and stability if you think to do  Two stage op.

a trick for you: if i want to carry something computer or heavy thing, i put it in bag and move to other room.

Daily, i am working on computer and every three hours, i do 30-45 some routines ( 1X  leg Strength training, stretching and knee extension exercises)

the other point: Bending knee 90-100°  and   loss of  knee extension 5-10°  i think i can fix it better after lengthening. i recommend do knee extension 3*10 Min to  with weight and without weight. 

Last night, I felt a really good pain 10/7 it lasted 1-2 min around knee and went off.
during day it s ok 1-2/10. i take the pills nights. it s better for sleep.

Stay Strong!

Bestrong

• Visitor
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2018, 10:16:58 PM »

Hi Americanfootball,

Hopefully you will finish legthenging and best recovery. ! Because you are doing two stage op, do you need to see physical therapy or you can do all exercises by yourself? Do you need caretaker after post op or you can do most of things by yourself? When do you plan for second operation?  I am planing to do two stage as well.

M.s

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2018, 06:41:39 AM »

So happy to hear that , your strong positive man
Hope you will better soon ,
I am 34 years old female will do it in coming months with dr Baumgart
Are you using the fitbone ??

Americanfootball

« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2018, 05:09:22 PM »

@bestrong

thanks.i do it by myself ( all exercises)  but  I had  discussed it with Dr. Monegal before operation, everything is  under his Control  but i think everybody needs a physical therapy who do this operation.  that s why i recommend  to hire a good Physiotherapist. i m a bit Veteran and Crazy in terms of training but also conservative.i dont do anything without My Doctor s  permission. 

i try to push it harder. 4-5 times each 50-60 min, everyday.  of course it doesn't mean everything will be good. My goal is to minimize the risks and recover as much as possible.

it depends on you that s why i did one stage to do things better alone and return to my life normally.i m living not alone but i can do most of things on my own.

For Second operation, After i got enough callus or can be able to walk, i will do second, probably at the end of October or November. it may take  time  one month or half once finished lengthening. Dr. Monegal will decide it, He explains everything every step when the time comes.i focused on finishing lengthening phase now.

@M.s

thank you. i hope so.
No Dr Monegal is using Fitbone , i just carry the Fitbone heheheh :)
Good Luck.

Americanfootball

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2018, 02:28:19 PM »

One Message to Notatroll without Reply!

are you  continuing to make up stories? why are you accusing of Dr. Monegal instead of yourself!
maybe  you didn't get your butt up during process  and all day lied down and cried like baby Pain Pain or you haven't done nothing to minimize all of risk. but it s pretty easy huh!  saying that  everything happened because of him Dont mislead People.
Normally i dont give a fk such a troll people who misuse the forum instead of finding solution.

as this my second operation, although Dr Betz,  Dr Guichet, or another Doctors are so near where i lived , i decided on Dr. Monegal and best decision until now, I m doing very well why! i work my ass off to get well. Everyday doing  1 2 3 4 5 session. of course it doesn't mean i won't have problem in future.
 Everybody will have a minor or major problem. Because This is big OPERATION!  What you should do is that minimize those risks. My advice You are your own Doctor too.

Of Course,Doctor s skills, behaviors, experiments, methods play a important role but not Everything.
He has  lot s of successful case , he can have a few bad case.Every Doctor can have a bad case. A Simple example: My Old friend was doing external tibia and he had bad infection because of having everyday hot bath. or A Girl who i knew was very lazy and had non union problem.

sorry but this operation is not proper for Pussies. Male or Female.
They need  have strong mind and grinding everyday, having patience , staying positive and calm and trust their Doctor. and I forgot that LUCK!!!

Before everything, He is reputed a doctor like us who has a family, friends, environment. dont throw mud at unconsciously.

Stay Strong!

notatroll

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2018, 03:04:25 PM »

One Message to Notatroll without Reply!

are you  continuing to make up stories? why are you accusing of Dr. Monegal instead of yourself!
maybe  you didn't get your butt up during process  and all day lied down and cried like baby Pain Pain or you haven't done nothing to minimize all of risk. but it s pretty easy huh!  saying that  everything happened because of him Dont mislead People.
Normally i dont give a fk such a troll people who misuse the forum instead of finding solution.

as this my second operation, although Dr Betz,  Dr Guichet, or another Doctors are so near where i lived , i decided on Dr. Monegal and best decision until now, I m doing very well why! i work my ass off to get well. Everyday doing  1 2 3 4 5 session. of course it doesn't mean i won't have problem in future.
 Everybody will have a minor or major problem. Because This is big OPERATION!  What you should do is that minimize those risks. My advice You are your own Doctor too.

Of Course,Doctor s skills, behaviors, experiments, methods play a important role but not Everything.
He has  lot s of successful case , he can have a few bad case.Every Doctor can have a bad case. A Simple example: My Old friend was doing external tibia and he had bad infection because of having everyday hot bath. or A Girl who i knew was very lazy and had non union problem.

sorry but this operation is not proper for Pussies. Male or Female.
They need  have strong mind and grinding everyday, having patience , staying positive and calm and trust their Doctor. and I forgot that LUCK!!!

Before everything, He is reputed a doctor like us who has a family, friends, environment. dont throw mud at unconsciously.

Stay Strong!

I have respected you and your diary. I have never come here to discredit your experience. SO I beg you to respect me and not discredit my experience or call me a pussy because you don't know anything about my experience and all my friends'. I'm not making up anything. Readers of the forum, think about this. Who is going to give a more objective opinion, the guy who doesn't depend on the doctor like me or the guy who still depends on him to do his second leg? I'm pretty sure the doctor has brainwashed this guy to attack me as he did with Helloworld, Musicmaker and Auron. He's famous for that.

Americanfootball

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »

I have respected you and your diary. I have never come here to discredit your experience. SO I beg you to respect me and not discredit my experience or call me a pussy because you don't know anything about my experience and all my friends'. I'm not making up anything. Readers of the forum, think about this. Who is going to give a more objective opinion, the guy who doesn't depend on the doctor like me or the guy who still depends on him to do his second leg? I'm pretty sure the doctor has brainwashed this guy to attack me as he did with Helloworld, Musicmaker and Auron. He's famous for that.

To Notatroll and Generally speaking :

it s not important that you respect me. all i ask is that you respect Dr. Monegal as a human being without make up nonsense story.what interesting is that you aren’t even a Patient,  your worry, misleading people and get avoid them  from doing LL with  Dr. Monegal
why do you that?
Please believe me, if i hadn’t seen your this effort , i would have written even you because I came here to give info about  my process, good or bad.

Dont Worry, i m here and will be here after second operation and later and continue to share my experience.Besides,

Hey People!! i call out you !
what would you think about, if someone who doesn’t do even operation, open many different accounts with names and always try to producing lie claim „without proof“ and misleading all people ? Is it fair? is it objectiveness ?

my advice: first of all, make an appointment with Doctor, ask everything, visit and see Patients and dont decide immediately.

what i try to explain for everyone: I m so motivated,tough,brave for L.L but still learning to build a strong mindset during this Process,  I say yes: this operation is not easy, but i m not a pussy-minded. This is my life , this is my destination.this is my journey, i analyzed My doctor with enough successful case, method,charachter, overall scoop and remain He must do a professional job!
That is not Brainwashed! that is my mindset.

i do my best  but  if i face to a  problem that can happen normally , i give my best effort to  solve it  not myself with my  Doctor. He is the only one who can help you. you dont have another chance once you decided your Doctor and of course you will need always a some Luck.

Stay Strong!

notatroll

« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2018, 04:40:30 PM »

Why do you say I'm not a patient? I proved I was a patient to mods. I had a bad result and I can post my opinion as you post yours. Wish you good luck with your legs

patientprivacy

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 05:11:14 PM »

I agree Dr Monegal and their patients deserve respect. Patients have their right to post their opinions, but they should back up their claims while respecting each other. That’s not the case of some trolls here. Users who publish other patients’ X-rays or talk about them without their permission are committing a serious offence and deserve punishment (ban). Please, respect patients’ privacy. Long live Dr Monegal.

Americanfootball

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 05:34:50 PM »

69 Day.

6cm

i got new X Ray yesterday. Callus growth, alignment etc are looking fine and optimal.
Before it, Dr. Monegal checked  my progress whether everything is alright and He made some assessment , Knee extension, flexion, tightness. He said it can better and showed me some exercises and technique to relax muscle which got incredibly relieved after his doing some massage and short therapy. you know i was doing all things by myself , i asked  him politely: Can i hire you as my therapist ? lol.

i want do 7cm at most. i think i need more 2 weeks. i feel tightness cos i gave myself just two-three  days break until now.

I had enough time to get my Flight in evening, in the mean time, i visited Mic, met new patients from 3 continents, A guy from Mexico was doing Bilateral Femur, Another Guy from China was doing Femur and Tibia in the one Leg, it s really impressive, i admire his effort and last A Guy from Ghana was there for appointment.

Dr Monegal had to leave as Fitbone company CEO was here for a meeting.
then I, Mexican Guy, Ghana Guy went to La Rambla by train to eat something. then from there, i got bus to go airport. For me, The terrible thing that happened to me was delaying of my flight for 3 hours.
when i came to home, i was so tired. was not painful but Soreness was too much!

Stay Strong!

Americanfootball

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2018, 02:21:15 PM »

85.Day

7,4 cm 

Hey hey what s up Homiess!

i finished first part of  lengthening and  got new  X Ray on 26 September and  Gap is 7,4cm. i have clicked totally 75 days with 1mm and got 74 mm on X ray it means "My Clicks" and X-rays are  the same!

i m now approx 1.80m(5.11),  maybe after fixed knee extension , get more gains.  Dr Monegal doesn't want to me being taller than him,lol  :D  we were the same, he is surely solid 1.80m (5.11) and admire  his effort that he tries to improve himself with new developments , He went to Basel for new Fitbone Conference.

After got x ray,( the same day:morning-evening) i fly back to my country.Before  i leave there, i have enough time to visit the friends in Mic, We hang out all the day.They were doing well. i had my hair cut , There is cool shops like Restaurants, Hairdress,Supermarket cross the street opposite to Mic (you can reach easily with Wheelchair too) 

Good News:

No bend , no screw loose No Accuracy ! Bone growth is good and i can now walk with "One Crutches" it s amazing feeling even if walking with one. Dr said : we can do another surgery on November. 

Bad News:

my muscle are so tight and can't bend my knee much, only 90° and i lost muscles although i train it. i  think they are  pretty normal, i need to work hard to get them back. every 3 weeks visiting Doctor and return the country the same day made me so tired(i m a fking crazy  BEAST :)  i couldn't take X-ray in my country,because of my job and privacy things.  i live in small city.

Recommends:

+ Physotherapy is very important! Doing alone is completely different thing. Hire a good physiotherapist
+ Do lots of  especially quadriceps, hamstrings, adductors stretch before operation.
+ Improve your mindset, prepare yourself for the worst scenario. ( i have still second operation, i have to prepare myself too)

STAY STRONG!

Bry

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2018, 02:44:10 PM »

I hear many good things about Dr Monegal. If I did femurs he would be my choice, no idea why some people talk so badly about him.  ???

Americanfootball

« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2018, 10:26:15 AM »

@Bry

because  the easiest way would be that. Because you need just a simple  keyboard and a little bit manipulation stories and of course different accounts  ;)

you know i had read all of them about Dr. Monegal before i decided to do operation but i made an appointment with him,after that  i  understood and realized how Most of them are such a funny stories.
i saw many successful case and had  enough reason to select him

i know  there are no perfect Doctor, Nobody is Perfect,  Every Doctor can have a bad case!
Success depends on a lot of factor,   i  just advise everyone to make an appointment before final decision
no matter which Doctor...

STAY STRONG!

lucindaris

« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2018, 11:41:32 AM »

What amount of money is considered to save for internal femurs with Dr. Mongeal?

Americanfootball

« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2018, 08:06:19 AM »

@lucindaris

Operation Cost (Two stage) + Hospital Staying

18900€/leg*2=37.800€

Accomodation: Mic St Jordi Normal Price

1380€ Single Room per month
1620€ Double Room  "    "

Cost of Medicaments were approx 100€

Phsyotherapy is between 30-40€ per session( I recommend it at least 2 times)

Foods(good meal) are cheap like 12€-15€.There are some app, they bring food to your residence.

In my case, I stayed there two weeks and returned back to home.

Stay Strong!

Americanfootball

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2018, 09:04:07 AM »

This is the Last X-Ray. everything is allright. i solved knee extension, it s almost straight. i work hard on knee flexion. i eat a lot, take just calcium, vitamin and some minerals. Training routine based on more knee mobility then stretching and at the end, muscle  relaxing with foam roller. it s really interesting. i teach my muscles how to gain pre ope function like  teaching a baby new things.After increased loading on operated leg, muscles  got some gains( size). Lastly, i wait the second op soon.   

STAY STRONG!

6'2_dream

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 12:10:12 PM »

This is the Last X-Ray. everything is allright. i solved knee extension, it s almost straight. i work hard on knee flexion. i eat a lot, take just calcium, vitamin and some minerals. Training routine based on more knee mobility then stretching and at the end, muscle  relaxing with foam roller. it s really interesting. i teach my muscles how to gain pre ope function like  teaching a baby new things.After increased loading on operated leg, muscles  got some gains( size). Lastly, i wait the second op soon.   

STAY STRONG!

Congratulations on the result, we know how painful it is but your determination inspires us.
about your results I'm with a doubt,
You mention at the beginning that you were 1.74 and the final result was 74 mm
1.74 + 0.74 = 1.814 m But you say that it is 1.80m solid Is this difference because your legs are still not 100% recovered? Sorry for the doubt I may not have intended because of the translation.
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 03:22:41 PM »

Congratulations on the result, we know how painful it is but your determination inspires us.
about your results I'm with a doubt,
You mention at the beginning that you were 1.74 and the final result was 74 mm
1.74 + 0.74 = 1.814 m But you say that it is 1.80m solid Is this difference because your legs are still not 100% recovered? Sorry for the doubt I may not have intended because of the translation.

If you read correctly, at the time he measured himself he was having knee extension problems so his posture wasnt fully straight. He just said his knee extension problem is gone and can fully extend his knees so im sure if he measures himself now he will be a tad bit taller.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up