Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Amar Sarin ( New Delhi, India)  (Read 126100 times)

4cms

Re: Dr Amar Sarin ( New Delhi, India)
« Reply #186 on: May 03, 2018, 05:57:41 AM »

Yea I did mine with sarin in 2013 too, I did 6.5cm and I don't have a single complication. I would go back and do femurs if I had the cash.

myloginacct

« Reply #187 on: May 03, 2018, 10:15:02 AM »

Isn't this guy not even a certified doctor (i.e. has a degree unrelated to that of an orthopedic surgeon)?

Should this thread be locked?

Paley's words: "I keep seeing disastrous results from Sarin. I have had to fix several of his cases. Costs more to fix the problems he creates than to do it correctly in the first place."

Johnson1111

« Reply #188 on: May 20, 2018, 12:24:45 AM »

Isn't this guy not even a certified doctor (i.e. has a degree unrelated to that of an orthopedic surgeon)?

Should this thread be locked?

Paley's words: "I keep seeing disastrous results from Sarin. I have had to fix several of his cases. Costs more to fix the problems he creates than to do it correctly in the first place."

His profile:

Dr. Sarin is a consultant surgeon in New Delhi, having worked in the field of orthopaedics for over 25 years he has gained tremendous expertise in complications of trauma and orthopaedic surgeries, Non-Unions and infected Non-Unions surgeries, polio corrective surgeries as well as bone deformities and defects and has performed more than 3000 Ilizarov surgeries successfully.

Additionally and more recently, he has successfully performed over 300 cosmetic limb lengthening surgeries and has gained immense popularity amongst limb lengthening community.

He continues to have an active research interests in limb lengthening and infected Non-Unions. Limb lengthening surgery is now a large component of his practice. He is committed to developing and teaching limb lengthening and Illizarov surgeries in a large way.

Surgeon’s Profile
Dr. Sarin has graduated from M.S. Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore in 1986 and completed his M.S. from Vinnitsa Medical Institute, Ukraine, U.S.S.R in 1993. He been trained at Institute for Invalids & Reconstructive Surgeries Ukraine Region, Vinnitssa Medical Institute Hospital, Vinnitssa U.S.S.R. for Reconstructive Surgeries, Rehabilitative Surgeries and Illizarov Technique of Bone remodelling. His thesis on ‘Tibial Plateau Fractures’ has been submitted and accepted by the Vinnitssa Medical Institute Hospital in 1994.

He has worked at Jaipur Golden Hospital, New Delhi and has been instrumental in creating the department of Illizarov Surgery during his tenure of seven years, stering it to newer milestone. He has been associated with BL Kapoor Memorial Hospital as a Senior Consultant and currently associated Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute, Pachism Vihar New Delhi as Head of the Restorative Unit.

Having been awarded a fellowship by the prestigious IMA Academy of Medical Specialties in Orthopedics in 2016, he is also a proud member of the Indian Orthopaedic Association since 1994 as well as ASAMI India. He is also an active member of the European Bone and Joint Infection Society.

In the field of basic and advanced Illizarov and Ortho-oncology surgeries, he has trained over 70 surgeons and conducted a workshop on Inflatable Nails in 2005, demonstrated a Humeral Interlock surgery at the Agra Medical college in 2003, workshops and demonstrations on Illizarov Fixtor attended national and foreign delegates held at Jaipur Golden Hospital in 2001. He has also given a lecture on Interlocking Nails in Punjab aswell as Bone Tumors at New Delhi. In 1998 he has performed a live surgery and held a workshop on Illazarov Fixtaor at Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla.

Dr. Sarin has performed advanced Illizarov over more than 3000 patients in the past 20 years. His interests lie in Revision Illizarov Surgeries and Height Gain Surgeries. He has been working extensively on designing custom made prosthesis and has recently been granted patent rights for a Hydraulic Nail in collaboration with a Belgian bio medical engineer- Mr. Norbet Dijon in the EU.

- Also dumb for Paley to say that it costs more for him to fix the issues than to get the surgery done correctly. Well no crap, he charges exorbitant amounts for any procedure he does.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #189 on: May 20, 2018, 04:49:42 PM »

- Also dumb for Paley to say that it costs more for him to fix the issues than to get the surgery done correctly. Well no crap, he charges exorbitant amounts for any procedure he does.

He means that if you just went to a good doctor in the first place it would have cost the patient less overall in $$ than going to a cheap doctor.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Johnson1111

« Reply #190 on: May 20, 2018, 04:50:56 PM »

He means that if you just went to a good doctor in the first place it would have cost the patient less overall in $$ than going to a cheap doctor.

Yes go to him or go to someone else and then go to him

4cms

« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2018, 10:11:09 PM »

I have got the cash now , im heading to india to see his latest internal femur patients.

Sweden

« Reply #192 on: June 12, 2018, 11:06:10 PM »

I have got the cash now , im heading to india to see his latest internal femur patients.

It would be interesting to read a detailed diary on the internal hydraulic nail.

Best of luck.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

4cms

« Reply #193 on: June 13, 2018, 07:42:20 AM »

It would be interesting to read a detailed diary on the internal hydraulic nail.

Best of luck.

Yes lets see how it pans out. I am still 50 - 50 atm.

TallPersonality

« Reply #194 on: September 03, 2018, 10:53:34 PM »

Do you know there is a possibility to have a single room in the guest house?

4cms

« Reply #195 on: September 04, 2018, 12:09:11 AM »

Most times rooms are with 2 people,  Tbh it can be better to have a roomate. If it's not busy you might get a single room for a while but if all rooms have 2 people the next person would come to your room.

4cms

« Reply #196 on: October 13, 2018, 11:01:45 AM »

Best of luck.

Hey sweden well  im here,  internal femur surgery has been done , looks like all the hype was fake i have done the surgery and im doing fine. I have also seen videos from ji jo of many other internal femur patients that had their internal femurs done with sarin.
Remember ji jo the surgical assistant.

4cms

« Reply #197 on: October 14, 2018, 04:15:57 PM »

Sarin actually asked myself and another person to set up a fake Google hang out account for him almost 2 years ago when he and sysop first had their falling out. Of course we declined. I was disgusted to read sysops statement on the old forum that claims all of Sarins patients "are pretty much OK". That is complete utter nonsense. There are people so severely disabled that I wonder if they will ever live something that resembles a normal life.

I am familiar with Amit and the other fakers who post. I was one of the original guests who noticed the fake phantom account he posted on the other sight that led to sysop banning the entire guesthouses IP address. I have never met Sringari nor would I hire him since It is my understanding he is not formally trained in LL. It is also my understanding that Sringaris assistant Harry is claiming to be a Dr now. When I met him he was working for Sarin as a physio therapist. It is my belief he now claims to be a Dr. in order to give a false sense of assurance to sringaris patients and to lessen Sringaris duties as an attending physician which is abhorrently devious.

A last word to the wise. Lengthening over 5 cm in the tibia ( I did 7cm) is a great risk. Nearly everyone who stayed conservative and lengthened just over 5cm up to 6 did much better in terms of soft tissue recovery compared to the fools like myself who lengthened 7cm. I know 2cm does not seem like much of a difference but in the body it is huge. I regret not stopping my distraction at 5cm.

If anyone has any further Sarin or Sringari thoughts I suggest you remove them from your mind. Even if you choose India there are multiple other surgeons to consider who are Board certified and formally trained in Illizarov.

Best of luck. I will be seeing another surgeon today as a matter of fact to see about a TFL release surgery in my Illiotibial band. To this day I have had 7 surgeries. 2 for lengthening and 5 for corrections. You can see how much grief an additional 5 surgeries could cause. I am now looking to surgery number 8.

When were you their ? i would like to verify if you're lying , i was there when sweden , colin the small and scarifice4gain and many others were there , i got banned from old forum  and sys op sysop tried to blackmail me using my email address i think he didnt know what sort of guy he was deaaling with i have not shame and dont fear anything for all i know you are probably im cahoots with him. Anyway im here again and im being treated fine .
You could also be amit who i seen in the guest house , lengthened over 8cms on both segnents and used monorails on femurs which is a big no no asking for complications.
Anyone who does 7cms or over is asking for complications and shouldnt blame the doctor.
Theres a guy currently here whos lengthened 8cms now against dr sarins advice i even told him myself to stop and if he could drecrease the anount if thats even possible. So if that guy gets complications is the doctor to blame ?
Well it depends on if he told them to stop ? There was one guy there who done 8.8cms and got foot drop or equinus he only has himself to blame.
Sarin told me to stop at just over 6cms i listened and i am doing great 5 years on.
Also why did sys op block my account on old forum  ? Was i saying somthing wrong like maybe the truth that i was ok and went home happy ! Abit of advice not everyone goes home happy , LL is always a risk and we are made aware before the surgery.

Im here for a second lengthening this time internal femurs ive been out of surgery for 3 days now and im doing fine , be sure that i will be fine and you can go ahead and look at my internal femur diary.
If you want some picture just go look at my diary. On top of that why do you only have 4 posts here ? Stinks if you ask me.
Im a fair person and if dr sarin doesnt fix my complications i will say so  , so far im at the beginning but so far so good.

Johnson1111

« Reply #198 on: October 16, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »

When were you their ? i would like to verify if you're lying , i was there when sweden , colin the small and scarifice4gain and many others were there , i got banned from old forum  and sys op sysop tried to blackmail me using my email address i think he didnt know what sort of guy he was deaaling with i have not shame and dont fear anything for all i know you are probably im cahoots with him. Anyway im here again and im being treated fine .
You could also be amit who i seen in the guest house , lengthened over 8cms on both segnents and used monorails on femurs which is a big no no asking for complications.
Anyone who does 7cms or over is asking for complications and shouldnt blame the doctor.
Theres a guy currently here whos lengthened 8cms now against dr sarins advice i even told him myself to stop and if he could drecrease the anount if thats even possible. So if that guy gets complications is the doctor to blame ?
Well it depends on if he told them to stop ? There was one guy there who done 8.8cms and got foot drop or equinus he only has himself to blame.
Sarin told me to stop at just over 6cms i listened and i am doing great 5 years on.
Also why did sys op block my account on old forum  ? Was i saying somthing wrong like maybe the truth that i was ok and went home happy ! Abit of advice not everyone goes home happy , LL is always a risk and we are made aware before the surgery.

Im here for a second lengthening this time internal femurs ive been out of surgery for 3 days now and im doing fine , be sure that i will be fine and you can go ahead and look at my internal femur diary.
If you want some picture just go look at my diary. On top of that why do you only have 4 posts here ? Stinks if you ask me.
Im a fair person and if dr sarin doesnt fix my complications i will say so  , so far im at the beginning but so far so good.

How much weight can the hydraulic nail weight bear?

What exactly are the advantages opposed to something like LON?

4cms

« Reply #199 on: October 17, 2018, 07:18:34 AM »

Im told it can bear up to 65kg
Well there is only one small hole in your leg for the lengthening mechanism , you can wear clothes over it and go out , recovery is faster, no pin cutting scars or pain.

Im doing it at the moment , i start lengthening on friday !
« Last Edit: October 17, 2018, 07:45:45 AM by 4cms »

TallPersonality

« Reply #200 on: February 06, 2019, 01:50:03 AM »

Do you think that working remotely as a programmer in the guest house is a good idea? I don't want to spend that long time doing almost nothing.

Astronomy

« Reply #201 on: March 17, 2019, 05:48:20 AM »

This doctor..ehhh..Several days ago i emailed him how long can I lengthen safely he just replied me Femur can only be lengthened by HLN.....

montahn

« Reply #202 on: March 21, 2019, 07:52:44 PM »

This doctor..ehhh..Several days ago i emailed him how long can I lengthen safely he just replied me Femur can only be lengthened by HLN.....

Omg it too costly man  :o
162cm  goal 177cm
Morning height: 164cm Afternoon/Night: 163cm

andreaello

• Visitor
« Reply #203 on: November 05, 2019, 04:56:17 AM »

In this forum there is only people writing so much and no actual prove of any thing!!!
who where and when Dr Sarin disastrous results  and where  Dr Paley's say  "I keep seeing disastrous results from Sarin. I have had to fix several of his cases. Costs more to fix the problems he creates than to do it correctly in the first place."

so people pull out name, picture , videos of people that Dr Sarin destroyed life!!! if not shut the fk up!!!!
wasting every one time reading this forum !!!!!!!

TallPersonality

« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2019, 02:30:55 PM »

UPDATE 11/9/19
Dr Sarin will be doing lengthening with Stryde Nail. He will be probably the cheapest doctor who perform lengthening with Stryde. More info:

Femur or Tibia:
Cost 45000 $
Including  accommodation for 3 months
Cost covers-
-Nails
-Surgery
-Hospital stay
-Medicine
-Supplements if required
-Xrays
-Post OP  stay at facility  3 months
-Breakfast
-Physiotherapy
-24×7 helping  staff  at facility
-Complications
-Airport  pickup  and drop
-Walker, crutches , wheel chair

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2020, 12:10:48 AM »

Found an interview with Dr Sarin dated from March 2019:

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

E Z

« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2020, 04:23:32 AM »

In this forum there is only people writing so much and no actual prove of any thing!!!
who where and when Dr Sarin disastrous results  and where  Dr Paley's say  "I keep seeing disastrous results from Sarin. I have had to fix several of his cases. Costs more to fix the problems he creates than to do it correctly in the first place."

so people pull out name, picture , videos of people that Dr Sarin destroyed life!!! if not shut the fk up!!!!
wasting every one time reading this forum !!!!!!!
You’re an absolute idiot if you think Paley would lie about something like that. He literally has nothing to gain, and why would he single out Sarin himself when there’s countless other international doctors that do this surgery? Lol.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #207 on: June 30, 2020, 03:32:07 AM »

UPDATE 11/9/19
Dr Sarin will be doing lengthening with Stryde Nail. He will be probably the cheapest doctor who perform lengthening with Stryde. More info:

Femur or Tibia:
Cost 45000 $
Cost covers-
-Nails
-Surgery
-Hospital stay
-Medicine
-Supplements if required
-Xrays
-Breakfast
-Physiotherapy
-Complications

Missed this from earlier. Honestly though, Sarin has had so many complaints against him that it's such a gamble as it is. If you want Stryde in India and can afford it, go for safety first and consult with Dr. Parihar. I only see Sarin as another option if someone insists for whatever reason on using that HLN nail. Perhaps I shouldn't be typing this as a mod who should remain neutral, but I don't see any advantage of going to Dr Sarin with Stryde.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

184dream

« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2020, 07:15:59 AM »

Yes kilokhan they call him sarin the butcher

SpeedDialer

« Reply #209 on: December 07, 2020, 05:52:17 AM »

Is Sarin a safe option for cheap nail removal?

Dirona

Sarin - the butcher with big belly :D
« Reply #210 on: February 01, 2021, 09:58:38 AM »

Taking it easy

manthan72

• Visitor
So how bad is Dr.Sarin and what is the maximum increase of height in one surgery
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2021, 03:22:48 AM »

Should I just save up for stryde for a speedy recovery

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2022, 04:52:44 PM »

I myself am a current patient at Amar Sarin. As a (brain tumor) surgeon myself it seems like the procedure progressed rather well and the surgeon in question had good command over their instruments which might imply that they are as experienced as they claim to be. Will write a kind of "diary" at this and am happy to respond to dm if one has any questions at progress. Currently about two days away from 6cm with no complications. Posting this because I see more than a bit of FUD at this particular medical professional and feel that they've earned a bit of positive exposure given the nature of the skill I witnessed at operative theater. Even if one isn't a fan of a particular personality they've seen at a given medical professional doesn't mean it's in any way tied to their surgical skill at operative theater. Some people at this forum should keep this in mind.  In case you were curious about my background; I'm from Doctor Robert F. Spetzler's group and completed my fellowship at the top ranked neurosurgery hospital at USA & residency at Feinberg (where rfs himself trained). Happy to post images at the near future
« Last Edit: January 20, 2022, 06:18:38 PM by sphenopetroclival »

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

ReadRothbard

I don't think it's necessary, but I wouldn't go with Dr. Sarin unless you paid me.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

sphenopetroclival

I don't think it's necessary, but I wouldn't go with Dr. Sarin unless you paid me.
can you say more

LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #215 on: June 11, 2022, 02:55:37 AM »

Stryde has been recalled at corrosion of nails so would advise against saving up for it. I'd instead strongly recommend the Precise 2.2 / ERC4P at https://www.nuvasive.com/procedures/limb-lengthening/precice-system-2/. Our experience at the apparatus has been overwhelmingly positive.

as an aside- https://youtu.be/VaiHTvifGt0?t=2 - 怪鳥

https://sketchfab.com/3d-models/pterional-model-1-b917bd1dc65e4411829d262a282807f7
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 06:01:15 AM by sphenopetroclival »

sphenopetroclival

« Reply #216 on: June 11, 2022, 07:17:52 AM »

UPDATE 11/9/19

Femur or Tibia:
Cost 45000 $
Cost covers-
-Nails
-Surgery
-Hospital stay
-Medicine
-Supplements if required
-Xrays
-Breakfast
-Physiotherapy
-Complications

"Dr Sarin will be doing lengthening with Stryde Nail."

Stryde has been discontinued https://www.nuvasive.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/02/NSO-Precice-FSN-United-States-Biodur.pdf. Precice 2.2 would be the natural alternative at https://www.nuvasive.com/procedures/limb-lengthening/precice-system-2/ because it is the most technologically advanced lengthening nail available. You would want to lengthen the femur or tibia with the precision and control at this device, assuming this modality is a viable option for you at time of implantation.

While Precice 2.2 is non weight bearing; this will give you more time to focus at pursuits that don't involve the kind of ambulation you could reasonably expect with Stryde. The complication potential at traditional Ilizarov external apparatus is also obviously much higher than at Precise 2.2. As an example of fun things you can do while engaging at the consolidation phase...you could explore the Monster Hunter universe and hang out with legendary dragons like the Yian Ut-Ku [https://monsterhunter.fandom.com/wiki/Yian_Kut-Ku]. In part because it's an awesome dragon at an awesome online game, and partly because Ut-ku is the private source I've been using to navigate the LL universe, in case you were curious. We chose a dragon at alias because within our research group; the official spirit animal is the Dragon and each Professor has their own tag within the Monster Hunter universe internally at Stanford https://suif.stanford.edu/~lam/ much like Monica; who is Fatalis. We develop clinical tools and are advised by a team of Professors from both Stanford and MIT. Make sure to load up on delicious candies like lokum to ensure you're at a good mood throughout the consolidation process [if you'll be living at a guest house like the Ronald McDonald House, it's best to be in a good mood if you're going to be around other people] and track visual changes periodically at any given mirror to stay motivated.

« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 09:32:41 AM by sphenopetroclival »

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up