Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019  (Read 37882 times)

TheAlchemist

Re: Movie - Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 9/01/2019
« Reply #372 on: October 12, 2020, 05:38:03 PM »

Movie rooting for you through this minor setback, I know you'll power through! Keep us posted.
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: Sep 17 2019 / Distraction completed: Dec 14 2019
Starting height: 5'9 or 175cm / Ending Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

averagegirl

• Visitor
« Reply #373 on: November 10, 2020, 05:17:46 PM »

What’s happened ? :o

Movie

« Reply #374 on: November 15, 2020, 07:58:53 AM »

what's up fellas! I haven't updated in a while, life has taken it's course & I'm enjoying life and working out constantly so I haven't bothered to make a good update, but here it is. It's been over a year since I stopped distraction (Nov. 2. 2019) That's crazy to me, time really flies, over a year since I last turned the ERC, and I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how I am doing now, in terms of athletic ability, my knee pain I reported earlier, ETC... Well good news I don't have knee pain really anymore, not even after I run, I haven't gotten significant knee pain for over a month or two.

Today I went to kick the ball around with one of my best friends who knows about my surgery, and wow I felt much more agile than last update, and faster in my sprint, I was able to kick the ball harder and further with a bit more ease. I did a sprint test and compared with my good friend, who runs pretty fast because we both love soccer and would often go play soccer at a local park with our group of soccer lover friends, and he and I would be pretty much the same speed, I was maybe a bit more explosive at the beginning but his top speed was slightly faster than me (He's 5'11) so I timed myself and timed him on a 35Meter ish run ( not really sure, didn't measure) my best time: 4.90, his best time: 4.00 (he could've done better maybe 3.85) so already a good improvement that's 80% of his top speed, although almost a full second in such a short sprint is a big difference, I'm no longer the slowest person in the soccer pick up games lol. also I raced him and he totally left me in the dirt, he exploded significantly faster at the beginning of the spring and took like 3-4 fast steps and saw I wasn't catching up so he just finished with a fast jog, where as I was giving it my all. Enjoy the videos.

PS. Yes I still run funny and my legs kick back more crooked than they used to, the CLL made that more pronounced. I will be practicing more sprints and try to correct that to improve my speed.

my best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/ks9zrY2
friend's best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/N7F7Vh4
Race: https://imgur.com/a/JOyXvxv

Hoping once my rods are out and allows me to move better, lighter and more naturally the way I'd like... with consistency and practice I'll improve my sprints, enjoy fellas, keep going hard.

Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #375 on: November 15, 2020, 12:21:20 PM »

what's up fellas! I haven't updated in a while, life has taken it's course & I'm enjoying life and working out constantly so I haven't bothered to make a good update, but here it is. It's been over a year since I stopped distraction (Nov. 2. 2019) That's crazy to me, time really flies, over a year since I last turned the ERC, and I'm sure a lot of you are wondering how I am doing now, in terms of athletic ability, my knee pain I reported earlier, ETC... Well good news I don't have knee pain really anymore, not even after I run, I haven't gotten significant knee pain for over a month or two.

Today I went to kick the ball around with one of my best friends who knows about my surgery, and wow I felt much more agile than last update, and faster in my sprint, I was able to kick the ball harder and further with a bit more ease. I did a sprint test and compared with my good friend, who runs pretty fast because we both love soccer and would often go play soccer at a local park with our group of soccer lover friends, and he and I would be pretty much the same speed, I was maybe a bit more explosive at the beginning but his top speed was slightly faster than me (He's 5'11) so I timed myself and timed him on a 35Meter ish run ( not really sure, didn't measure) my best time: 4.90, his best time: 4.00 (he could've done better maybe 3.85) so already a good improvement that's 80% of his top speed, although almost a full second in such a short sprint is a big difference, I'm no longer the slowest person in the soccer pick up games lol. also I raced him and he totally left me in the dirt, he exploded significantly faster at the beginning of the spring and took like 3-4 fast steps and saw I wasn't catching up so he just finished with a fast jog, where as I was giving it my all. Enjoy the videos.

PS. Yes I still run funny and my legs kick back more crooked than they used to, the CLL made that more pronounced. I will be practicing more sprints and try to correct that to improve my speed.

my best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/ks9zrY2
friend's best sprint: https://imgur.com/a/N7F7Vh4
Race: https://imgur.com/a/JOyXvxv

Hoping once my rods are out and allows me to move better, lighter and more naturally the way I'd like... with consistency and practice I'll improve my sprints, enjoy fellas, keep going hard.
I dream the day I'll be able to kick the ball again.
Your improvement are great! Dude you're just 16 months after surgery 8cms, in addition you have still rods in.
I've noticed your particular "crossing-leg run" even before, but you're fast anyway. What about your quadriceps? Are you gaining mass there? Do you see any improvement about strenght in the muscle than before surgery due to more cell mass? I'm always very curious about this

Movie

« Reply #376 on: November 15, 2020, 04:32:58 PM »

Hopefully soon Tartar. I'm so happy and energized when I get to do it now!

I inspected further on why my leg cross each other behind me when I run, and I concluded it's because the rods making my leg have a specific trajectory and also muscle being not as flexible as before makes my leg turn sideways instead of pulling straight backwards, I'm sure If the rods were out I'd be able to kick back more straight and naturally because I feel the pressure on my hip screws when I try kicking straight back without crossing. Quads gaining mass and definition, I'm seeing the cuts and separation between the quad muscles much more now. I was definitely stronger pre-op in my legs, but I'm catching up soon.
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Tartar

« Reply #377 on: November 15, 2020, 05:14:30 PM »

Probably it's a bad postural habits, btw screws are very bad expecially in the hip they are a curse in my opinion, so if i were you I wouldn't try to do too many things with the awareness that with the rods still in there's too much difference from a body free of them ;D
I'm always happy to see your updates because you're one of the few real sports person here, I think that football is the main sport to check your real overall athletic ability, reflexes, coordination, sprint, speed and so on.
Quadriceps it's probably the only thing that can improve after this surgery compared to before, at least for the strenght 8)

Movie

« Reply #378 on: November 19, 2020, 08:42:06 PM »

Thanks tartar, I agree soccer test's people's athleticism for sure

Jackieeechan

« Reply #379 on: November 19, 2020, 08:56:18 PM »

Hey movie,
You have good recovery among all the diaries I have read.
Do you think it's worth it and are you happy with your current height?

las vegas baby

« Reply #380 on: November 22, 2020, 07:53:43 PM »

I think movie was ideal candidate for this

1. he was optimistic
2. he was hard working
3. he had support system with him
4. he is open about this with close friends and family. this is very important. Whats the point in doing all this and being ashamed about it? I thank members like movie and surgeons like Debiparsad and Mahboubia  for offering this procedure as an enhancement to ones life and not something only for "crazy" people. this is the way forward ladies and gents.

brokeboy

• Visitor
« Reply #381 on: November 23, 2020, 01:01:25 AM »

Those sprints look good Movie! Hope when you get your rods removed you'll really be at 100, with that said you look like you're doing great currently, far more athletic than alot of people. 

Also just wanted to drop in your thread and say thanks for sharing your journey.  I honestly think your thread is like this forum's holy grail with all your videos.  Im sure your contributions helped alot of people here (lurkers like me also), it was my inspo to go thru with it so just wanted to give you my thanks, and thanks for answerin my dms a while back lol.

-brokeboy

ghkid2019

• Hello
« Reply #382 on: November 23, 2020, 09:10:39 AM »

movie is the best movie is the best

after rod removal will be the bestest

congratulation that run look very good. hope u can haf fun playing soccer
Excuse me for mass posting and spamming every thread. Just getting my LL Forum fix after a small hiatus.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up