Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!  (Read 25712 times)

a

• 5'9
Re: Have questions for a long-term LL veteran? Ask them here!
« Reply #93 on: August 07, 2020, 04:27:41 PM »

Hello mdow

l have ll surgery in a few months ut I am worried, I do not know much about those who had this surgery and were disabled. What is the injury rate is this surgery?
is it worth breaking a leg to be 170 to 178.
Thanks in advice

drxboom, gaining 8 cms is tough, I don't really recommend it (I'm not a doctor or anything, it just seems too high for me) but I can guarantee that you'll enjoy living infinite times more than you were 170.

178 is a good height. You won't really feel short at all. You won't feel tall either. But definetely it's going to worth it. (regardless of complications which have possibility to occur) IF everything goes well and you achieve to be 178cm, it's definetely gonna worth it. My starting height is kinda cool. I can be 5'11 with femur +7 cms. I won't feel short at all, I know. I even think that i'll feel kind of tall in some positions.

But just don't forget that, if you are someone who has always been trying to find flaws upon anything, like upon your body especially in this case, you might regret doing it. You might feel like your torso is small, your arms are small etc (for your new height). You need to consider EVERYTHING properly.

Best Regards
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

limbcllnea

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2020, 08:28:08 PM »

1) You mentioned that if you had to do it over you would only do externals tibia 5cm or internal femurs 5cm. Can you elaborate a little more on why? (Was it the scars? Too obvious to others? etc.)

2) How many people that you didn't tell about the surgery were skeptical about your height? My biggest fear is my friends finding out if I were to ever get surgery.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #95 on: August 10, 2020, 02:40:29 PM »

1) You mentioned that if you had to do it over you would only do externals tibia 5cm or internal femurs 5cm. Can you elaborate a little more on why? (Was it the scars? Too obvious to others? etc.)

Concerns about long-term issues with walking and balance.

2) How many people that you didn't tell about the surgery were skeptical about your height? My biggest fear is my friends finding out if I were to ever get surgery.

That's a very reasonable fear to have.  If someone who's obviously finished growing suddenly gets taller, people will notice.  That's especially true if they see scars on your legs.

norway

• Visitor
« Reply #96 on: August 11, 2020, 08:31:58 AM »

Yes there is no getting away from people noticing your height change. Think like this: if no one notices, was your procedure even worth it?

You don't NEED to answer to anyone and can just shrug off any questions about this.

But if you are going to get married what would you then do? You can't possibly hide such a major procedure from a spouse and can't really stop them from telling whoever they want to tell.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #97 on: August 11, 2020, 03:27:44 PM »

Yes there is no getting away from people noticing your height change. Think like this: if no one notices, was your procedure even worth it?

I think he exclusively means he wants people who already knew him not to know he had height increasing surgery.  In that case, the procedure might not be worth it since he'll be thought of as a short man on bone stilts.

You don't NEED to answer to anyone and can just shrug off any questions about this.

They'll figure it out, especially if you have no explanation and just get suddenly taller.  Everyone here already found out about LL.  It's not a secret.

norway

• Visitor
« Reply #98 on: August 11, 2020, 09:22:03 PM »

From your writing it seems like getting this done is not a good idea even if 100% recovery is guaranteed. Unless you're like 18 and your family approves this idea and even pays for it. That's not the case with anyone really.

I wonder why people get this at all done then if it's a life of shame after doing it.

Do you see someone who had crooked teeth and got them corrected as 'someone who had crooked teeth and got them corrected'? Or a person with straight teeth?

I really doubt people will remember your old identity for long. I've even heard patients themselves claim that they don't remember being their old height at all.

The worst outcome is if you don't recover properly though. Then they will always associate any limping, etc with your surgery and remember it.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2020, 03:38:58 PM »

Now you're getting it.  Here's the hierarchy:

1. Happy tall/average people
2. Happy short people
3. Miserable short people who got LL surgery
4. Miserable short people

Most people here are just trying to get from 4 to 3 because 2 seems so elusive.  :(

drxboom

« Reply #100 on: August 12, 2020, 06:19:41 PM »

Hi mdow I don't get it, 3. Miserable short people with LL surgery .. why is it because of the inevitable injury? Because if the only problem of the people here is the size, happiness is inevitable after this surgery.
170cm goal 177 -178

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #101 on: August 12, 2020, 07:40:57 PM »

If you think height is all you need to be happy, life has a nasty surprise waiting for you after you're done with LL.  Especially when you have a secret to hide: part of your height was unnatrually acquired through extreme cosmetic surgery, and people will think you're crazy and insecure if they find out about it.  And they'll be right.

drxboom

« Reply #102 on: August 12, 2020, 07:53:27 PM »

Are you hiding? Thank you for your answer
170cm goal 177 -178

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2020, 01:05:40 AM »

Yes.  I hide the fact that I had LL.

The main benefit of height is that it the more of it you have, the more formidable you are in the eyes of others.  It's different from braces on your teeth which don't do that.  If people find out you got taller through surgery, that might actually work negatively in terms of formidability. :o

drxboom

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2020, 08:58:16 PM »

anks mdow you are right, if people learn about this surgery maybe they will not welcome
170cm goal 177 -178

norway

• Visitor
« Reply #105 on: August 14, 2020, 05:35:20 AM »

Now you're getting it.  Here's the hierarchy:

1. Happy tall/average people
2. Happy short people
3. Miserable short people who got LL surgery
4. Miserable short people

Most people here are just trying to get from 4 to 3 because 2 seems so elusive.  :(

This is a gross generalization.

1. if you go the airport full of strangers will people see you as 3 or as 1?
2. will people at your workplace see you as 3 or as 1?
3. will you not achieve anything else in life after LL? will it be the only thing you're known for?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #106 on: August 14, 2020, 05:41:14 PM »

It's true that others who don't know you had surgery will perceive you as being naturally your new height because that's all they can see and would have no reason to assume otherwise.  Which is why we're all here.

drxboom

« Reply #107 on: August 16, 2020, 05:42:33 PM »

And also how about   Are the scars noticed when wearing shorts
170cm goal 177 -178

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #108 on: August 16, 2020, 07:39:15 PM »

That depends on how bad the scars are.  Everyone's will be different.  But there will be some scarring no matter what.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #109 on: August 20, 2020, 04:06:58 AM »

What age did you stop giving a shiet about your height? About others? What age did you stop being superficial completely and caring about others looks mostly
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #110 on: August 20, 2020, 05:42:25 AM »

What age did you stop giving a shiet about your height? About others? What age did you stop being superficial completely and caring about others looks mostly

drxboom

« Reply #111 on: August 21, 2020, 05:59:35 PM »

Can you say it's one of the best things I've done in my life
170cm goal 177 -178

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #112 on: August 21, 2020, 07:38:52 PM »

Can you say it's one of the best things I've done in my life

I really don't know.  In the short term, sure.  I'm just worried it won't be worth it eventually.  Scared of problems in the distant future.

drxboom

« Reply #113 on: September 04, 2020, 06:56:12 PM »

Yes, after this process, as you said, a new problem arises. surgery should not be understood by anyone
170cm goal 177 -178

brondo

« Reply #114 on: September 04, 2020, 07:37:09 PM »

Hi Medium Drink Of Water,

If I plan on doing this procedure I plan to only do it only 5cm femur with Strydes with someone like Dr. Mahboubian. Do you think I will have future complications and problems or could I make a 100% recovery and return back to normal without problems?

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #115 on: September 04, 2020, 11:40:42 PM »

I don't know.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2020, 07:11:42 AM »

So MDOW, you did this surgery around 25/26 age right? I am wondering how your confidence changed in the direct few years right after you recovered from the limb lengthening ordeal. In terms of your personal confidence, social life, enjoyment out of socializing, and overall human connections. Obviously I know now that you stopped giving a sheit about height but let's say, late 20s, what do you think you gained from LL from a interpersonal aspect (that you probably wouldn't have gained without the surgery).

Thank you MDOAgua.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Body Builder

« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2020, 01:35:24 PM »

But if you are going to get married what would you then do? You can't possibly hide such a major procedure from a spouse and can't really stop them from telling whoever they want to tell.
In every relationship I had after LL I never mentioned it and I just said I had a bike accident for my scars.
Even people who knew me before LL, although thought I looked taller (I can see it in their eyes) never mentioned anything about it and after a few weeks they were completely normal with me (maybe they have adapted with my new height).

I'll never tell about my past LL even if I get married. My fiance dont need to know and most probably won't understand the reasons and thinks that maybe I am a weirdo, without never thinking that with my initial height she may not even been with me.

So no, LL can be kept completely secret if you want and I truly believe that no woman needs to know about it.

Mdow I hope you are doing well. It.is always nice to see fellow LLers.

ape

« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2020, 11:43:07 PM »

Considering he is Chinese and Asians have longer torso and shorter legs, perhaps that could be why?

Also, would you recommend your doctor for full external? I know most veterans don't really like answering the "noob" general questions and I apologize but if you can choose right now which surgeon would you choose to do full external with?

precice strider

« Reply #119 on: September 23, 2020, 03:20:26 AM »

So MDOW, you did this surgery around 25/26 age right? I am wondering how your confidence changed in the direct few years right after you recovered from the limb lengthening ordeal. In terms of your personal confidence, social life, enjoyment out of socializing, and overall human connections. Obviously I know now that you stopped giving a sheit about height but let's say, late 20s, what do you think you gained from LL from a interpersonal aspect (that you probably wouldn't have gained without the surgery).

Thank you MDOAgua.

Ooh, circumventing swear filters in front of the moderator, that's brave
Height dysphoria since 2008. (age 5)
Hoping to undergo STRYDE 8cm femurs when I can afford it.
164 cm with a wingspan of 166cm
Goal: 5'7.5 (172+) or taller, but hopefully 5'8 (173)
https://www.instagram.com/precice_strider/

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #120 on: September 23, 2020, 03:39:47 PM »

Thank you MDOAgua.

It was a big confidence boost at first.  Huge.  I spoke out more in groups and was more comfortable being the center of attention, and reached out to people individually without feeling as scared or unworthy of doing so.

And I still have the increased confidence; maybe I take that for granted now and should appreciate it more.

I think part of my lack of confidence came from being skinny also.  That three inch boost in height made me feel more formidable and less like a potential victim even though my weight hasn't changed much.  Height alone will keep many bullies away even on a really skinny guy.

Tomhard

« Reply #121 on: October 10, 2020, 10:00:32 AM »

Hey MDOW.
I did 6cm on tibia with Betzbone and im 4months Post surgery now.
My question is, when did you start so have a normal life again like going downstairs and upstairs and when did you ditch the crutches.

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #122 on: October 10, 2020, 03:15:25 PM »

That took me about six months, but it was gradual so the speed and confidence going up (and especially down) stairs depended on the situation.

Zion

« Reply #123 on: October 23, 2020, 12:19:36 AM »

Hey man really appreciate this post and your will to answer our questions...

I am almost 28 and ever since I was 14 I had a complex with my height (167 cm) and been thinking about it...so as just said, just for the confidence boost it may be worth it (and to overcome this complex) so although there could be complications afterwards like the ones you are having, I fear the other most (the one I live with...) because it makes me feel I live not to my fullest potential...if I can even give words to my feelings...

In the end to me its like this, you trade a mental issue for a physical issue...thing is complexes can endure a lifetime...even if happily married, wealthy, etc, etc...that's my fear...

Anyway, what are your thoughts on Monorail with LON as I may do that in Turkey

Do you ever feel like cold in your bones? where you had LL of course, like the sudden change of weather? specially on winter.

Pardon my ignorance but why is having longer legs a problem (if they are not extremely long) compared to people with natural longer legs than torso ratio?

Thanks a lot!
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 01:38:44 AM by Zion »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up