Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the future of limb lengthening? What do you hope to see happen?  (Read 16223 times)

Antoine

Re: What is the future of limb lengthening? What do you hope to see happen?
« Reply #93 on: September 13, 2020, 05:35:27 PM »

Hi Antoine,

Some peeptide manufacturers I think will be able to produce it, but I'm 100% sure they wont sell it to private individuals. In general, they work with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, colleges, universities, medical research institutions....

Maybe some manufacturers in India or China would sell to private individuals, but is it safe? That's a big question.

Hi Drop-Loud. I agree with you, that’s the big question. I’m not sure if this site sells peptides to individuals or not. We should investigate.
https://www.antibodies-online.com/peptide/938765/LPP+peptide/

The Korean compound seems promising to me. I guess it will be really useful for people with open growth plates. As for adults with fused growth plates, who knows? We could give it a try.
This is an example of the study behind the compound. It is written by the inventors and gives interesting information.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6458850/

A complete overview of the compound patent can be found here.
https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/detail.jsf?docId=WO2018194309

las vegas baby

« Reply #94 on: September 13, 2020, 05:37:54 PM »

Antoine

« Reply #95 on: September 13, 2020, 06:01:04 PM »

Well, the problem is feasibility of reopening growth plates. It sounds good on paper.

However closed growth plates are virtually indistinguishable from regular bone. Reopening growth plates is for now, an impossibility. I’d be highly surprised to see such a technology in the future. We do use for some medical conditions, medications that delay growth plate closures.

https://grantome.com/grant/NIH/R21-AR061265-02
In this project Ballock and Alsberg, an orthopedic surgeon and a professor respectively, stated that if we find a way to restore injured growth plates in children, then we could be able to regenerate growth plates in adults: “Successful regeneration of growth plate cartilage architecture in vivo would have a transformational impact on the practice of pediatric orthopaedic surgery, providing for the first time not only the ability to replace growth plates irreversibly damaged by trauma, infection or irradiation, but also the possibility of restoring longitudinal growth in individuals beyond the age of skeletal maturity.”
It was just an hypothesis, of course. Do you think that this hypothesis is far-fetched?

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #96 on: September 13, 2020, 06:29:44 PM »

For the record, Dr. Dror Paley was incredibly ignorant when asked about other possible methods and he would lie about the safety and consequences of LL.

Got any links/video?

__

This is an example of the study behind the compound. It is written by the inventors and gives interesting information.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6458850/

So this is its tl;dr?

"A functionally improved indirubin derivative, KY19382, elongated tibial length through delayed senescence and further activation of the growth plate in adolescent mice. Collectively, our findings reveal an important role for CXXC5 as a suppressor of longitudinal bone growth involving growth plate activity."

« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 06:49:57 PM by O_99 »
Looking for an alternative.

Drop-Loud

« Reply #97 on: September 13, 2020, 06:48:38 PM »

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for sharing these links. We need to find a way to contact this Korean company to have more info about their drug.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #98 on: September 13, 2020, 07:08:33 PM »

What even is the point of these compounds? We already fkin know how to elongate the growth plate. It's called human growth hormone. The only thing we give a shiet about is reopening growth plate. None of this shiet will do that, they are just an equivalent to hgh. They might even be better than hgh but again, WE DONT CARE, that's not the problem with gaining height as an adult with FUSED PLATES.

UNTIL We find something that opens growth plates again, all this shiet is borderline useless. We are not kids with growth plates, we are adults with ossified ephyphiseal lines already. It's goddamn bone...
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Antoine

« Reply #100 on: September 13, 2020, 11:46:18 PM »

Hi Antoine,

Thanks for sharing these links. We need to find a way to contact this Korean company to have more info about their drug.

You’re welcome Drop-Loud. You’re right, we should find a way to contact them. I‘ll try. If I succeed, I’ll let you know.

Antoine

« Reply #101 on: September 13, 2020, 11:58:08 PM »

What even is the point of these compounds? We already fkin know how to elongate the growth plate. It's called human growth hormone. The only thing we give a shiet about is reopening growth plate. None of this shiet will do that, they are just an equivalent to hgh. They might even be better than hgh but again, WE DONT CARE, that's not the problem with gaining height as an adult with FUSED PLATES.

UNTIL We find something that opens growth plates again, all this shiet is borderline useless. We are not kids with growth plates, we are adults with ossified ephyphiseal lines already. It's goddamn bone...

I largely agree with you. However, there could be a very little chance that this compound works also for adults, maybe together with LPP. I don’t think so, but it never hurts to try. The patent of the Korean compound ambiguously says that the product is “prescribable to various age groups”.
Of course our priority should be giving back growth plates to adults.

Drop-Loud

« Reply #102 on: September 14, 2020, 08:17:50 AM »

Hi Antoine, thank you. I hope you will have more success than me. LPP and Indirubin are the most promising alternatives we have at the moment if it could work for adults.

Antoine

« Reply #103 on: September 14, 2020, 10:05:59 AM »

Hi Drop-Loud, you’re welcome. I agree with you. Let’s go ahead, we must not abandon hope.

excited

• Visitor
« Reply #104 on: September 14, 2020, 12:17:44 PM »

You’re welcome Drop-Loud. You’re right, we should find a way to contact them. I‘ll try. If I succeed, I’ll let you know.

Hi Antoine!

Did u find any information about the korean company? if not maybe I can help :)

Drop-Loud

« Reply #105 on: September 14, 2020, 12:57:12 PM »

Hi Excited,

This is the website of the Korean company, but they did not answered to my email. I completed the form 2 weeks ago.

Maybe Antoine and you will have more luck  :)

http://ckbiotech.co.kr/company/locationcontact/

Drop-Loud

« Reply #106 on: September 14, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »

That's what they plan to treat :

http://ckbiotech.co.kr/business-targets/patents/

Antoine

« Reply #107 on: September 14, 2020, 02:32:50 PM »

@Drop-Loud & excited

Thank you. I’ll try to contact CKBiotech and let you know.
However, I read on their site these words about the compound: “The small molecule-induced activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway enhances longitudinal bone growth around 10% by prolonged-activation of chondrocytes in the growth plates of the teen under going senescence.” This is note exactly encouraging, but we’ll see.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #108 on: September 14, 2020, 02:57:18 PM »

“The small molecule-induced activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway enhances longitudinal bone growth around 10% by prolonged-activation of chondrocytes in the growth plates of the teen under going senescence.”

Doesn't senescence mean aging? So here it means fusing growthplates?

Antoine

« Reply #109 on: September 14, 2020, 03:04:41 PM »

“The small molecule-induced activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway enhances longitudinal bone growth around 10% by prolonged-activation of chondrocytes in the growth plates of the teen under going senescence.”

Doesn't senescence mean aging? So here it means fusing growthplates?

Yes. They claim the compound can delay the fusion of teens’ growth plates (i.e. growth plates that are gonna fuse soon), they don’t claim that the compound can reverse the fusion of growth plates after it’s happened.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #110 on: September 14, 2020, 03:17:30 PM »

Yes. They claim the compound can delay the fusion of teens’ growth plates (i.e. growth plates that are gonna fuse soon), they don’t claim that the compound can reverse the fusion of growth plates after it’s happened.

So it's useless for us.

Drop-Loud

« Reply #111 on: September 14, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »

If they respond to us, we will have a clear and definitive answer.

This is their patent : http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2020/0223824.html

We should of course, focus on LPP too and growth plate regeneration or stem cells maybe.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #112 on: September 14, 2020, 03:50:25 PM »

Great if we were fukin teens. WE ARENT.

And We know how to delay fusion. It's called fkin letrozole

User requested self-ban.

cyborg4life

« Reply #113 on: September 14, 2020, 03:59:55 PM »

This is an interesting thread. Being a part-science nerd I'm always interested in the future of LL also and actually reached out to the the main guy of CK Biotech - Prof. Choi, a few weeks ago for a possible interview. He politely declined but he responded and unfortunately, this is what he said...

The search continues...
Your friendly neighborhood Cyborg spreading LL awareness
https://cyborg4life.com/
YouTube: Cyborg 4 Life

cyborg4life

« Reply #114 on: September 14, 2020, 04:02:35 PM »

[img=https://imgur.com/Zesc9yP][/img]

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #115 on: September 14, 2020, 04:04:42 PM »

This is an interesting thread. Being a part-science nerd I'm always interested in the future of LL also and actually reached out to the the main guy of CK Biotech - Prof. Choi, a few weeks ago for a possible interview. He politely declined but he responded and unfortunately, this is what he said...

The search continues...

Hey, nice videos btw.
Do you have anything else in mind (possible alternative methods)?

(The imgur link doesn't work)

cyborg4life

« Reply #116 on: September 14, 2020, 04:11:27 PM »

Oh really! Yeah you can tell how good I am at forum post links lol. Alright let's try this here is his email quote...

"Dear Victor,             
Thank you very much for your interest  with the CXXC5-Dvl PPI inhibitor story transferred.
We investigated the longitudinal bone growth especially enhancement of height of young people who undergo
 growth plate senescence.  The drug target  CXXC5, which interferes with its function  via PPI, only  increased during the period of growth plate senescence.
Blockade of CXXC5 function at the period, mice longitudinal bone growth   around 15-20% through activation of the Wnt/beta-catenin pathway involving bone  growth by regeneration.
Due to I am not a physician, I am not sure what I  will tell you in the interview.
If the information which  I provide is  enough, then, an interview openings for the public may not be necessary.
Best regards,
kang-yell"

Thanks yeah I have a few interesting ideas. I'm gonna try to see if I can make a video on that soon

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #117 on: September 14, 2020, 04:12:46 PM »

GJ contacting with them.

Thanks yeah I have a few interesting ideas. I'm gonna try to see if I can make a video on that soon

Excellent!

Drop-Loud

« Reply #118 on: September 14, 2020, 04:32:09 PM »

Thanks a lot for sharing his response. Maybe we need to focus on Link protein N-terminal peptide (LPP), growth plates regeneration and stem cells.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #119 on: September 14, 2020, 04:49:59 PM »

Thank you cyborg4life

And agreed with drop-loud ^, we need to prioritize reopen growth plate with stem cells or whatnot, without that no matter how much drugs we take to speed up growth plate growth, it'll be useless cuz we don't even have a growth plate to speed something up for

User requested self-ban.

Drop-Loud

« Reply #120 on: September 14, 2020, 04:59:52 PM »

Maybe Link protein N-terminal peptide (LPP) could work for people with closed growth plates. I'm sure that a drug will be available one day for people with closed growth plates. Unfortunately, researchers are not very interested in helping adults growing taller.

F_99

• Height Communist
« Reply #121 on: September 14, 2020, 06:05:35 PM »

Maybe Link protein N-terminal peptide (LPP) could work for people with closed growth plates. I'm sure that a drug will be available one day for people with closed growth plates. Unfortunately, researchers are not very interested in helping adults growing taller.

From what I can understand here,
https://www.reddit.com/r/looksmaxxing/comments/icziqe/an_update/
(this is included in his post: https://www.hindawi.com/journals/sci/2018/3217895/)
he ditched out 'HDAC4 antagonists' for the safer LPP, but did he test it on rats or..?

Doesn't mention anything.

______

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/51368776_Histone_Deacetylase_4_Controls_Chondrocyte_Hypertrophy_During_Skeletogenesis

Drop-Loud

« Reply #122 on: September 17, 2020, 10:06:43 PM »

I don't know. I asked the Reddit guy if he still think Indirubin could work for people with closed growth plates after the message written by Prof. Choi of CK Biotech. That's what he said :

Wnt/b-catenin still plays a role in the proliferation of collagen. What we're trying to do s basically treating the knee (few suggested the tibia) joints as a growth plates by controlling cartilage growth and ossification.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #123 on: September 17, 2020, 10:26:06 PM »

So, basically, a no.

User requested self-ban.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up